PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as u know i also saw Springstten with my sis about 18 dauys ago! :hyper:
that fabulous even being so far away. Good sound he's still rocking! Ther reconstructed band is like like Bruce's Rock & Soul Revue. Quite fantastic even as missing dear :heart: Clarence.

My sis bought the tour program which she never does and bought nus both buttons! :D

We got an unexpected lift.... the guys in short version of a tram? checking the parking lots waved my sis over -we-d just gotten off the the bus.... i was thinking :huh: why are they checking our tixs waaaay over here?
But it was so they saw i had my WB on so we hopped onto the back seats (facing outward) they drove us to the line!

We walked back later it was over 10 blocks because we were partly around the stadium from our gate to the bus waiting area.
We had a great time!

Yeah, saw your comments about Springsteen in the thread for him in B&C. Glad you had a great time-I still can't believe the guy has as much energy as he does. That's pretty cool.

Also good to hear all's well with the walking around thing, too, the progress you've made is fantastic.

I'd suggest looking on line or in books that feature different ethnic groups/or books that specialize in regional cooking of a specific country.

Each of these groups of people has been honing their cuisines for centuries plus. :D They have specific herbs & spices for their cuisines!
Sometimes you'll even see where some herbs & spices are present in nearby regions in different countries, and where they change.

I'll keep that in mind, definitely! We've got a big ol' cooking section at where I work, and a few books that would be along the lines of what you suggest here-sometime when I get the chance I'll flip through them, maybe buy one or something, see what looks good. I should really branch out and try more international foods.

Also, hi to zu if you're still here :wave:! And hi to everyone else, too.

and it's back to insanity at work. :crack: It's so freaking busy at my main job now, the one that cut my hours to nothing the past few months. It's also super busy at my part time job that I could probably work 3 full days a week there too. I'm pretty much planning on not having a single day off between now and the end of the year. Sundays every so often but definitely not the next few Sundays. So yay! Feels so much better working and making money than sitting around. It was different in July when it was so nice out that I could go to the pool and everyone takes shorter work weeks so I had people to hang out with on random days. But Sept was very depressing.

Plus I might have a possible 3rd job lined up for Dec. Not sure if they can afford to pay me what I want and I told them I was fairly firm on my price, especially since they're so far from where I live. But it's a start up business run by two people who have no formal training. They were really interested in finding someone with the experience I have but just can't pay me what I want. I told them to call me in Dec if they find they're busy enough that they can pay me a few hours a week. I really went to talk to them because my brother and I are talking about opening up a place for me sometime next year. I figure if these two could open a business out of a rented kitchen and be successful enough for a year where they're able to open up their own place then I can do this too. So it was a good meeting whether or not they call me back to work for them. I learned a lot in the hour we met. One of the girls is a good friend of one of my friends so she was more than willing to answer my questions regarding their business plan. Also, since they live so far away from me there's no way we would be competition so they said even if I don't end up working for them that they'd answer more questions once I have an idea of where I'm going to open. I really need to open my own place so I don't have to deal with the crap I've dealt with the past few years....

Yay me; first time i've gone downtown with sneakers only! and i forgot the ace bandage but nobody smacked into my ankle thank goodness! A bit stiff, now but i was on & off buses and subway ( between after rush hour and took AccessaRide down) do a little limbering up before going to sleep.

Also first time got down to a music store since my accident! :hyper:

Eventually i have to get another MP3 player I know mine's buried somewhere unless it accidently got thrown away :|

In the meantime I got a Walkman CD player (just for @home) until i decide on what Multi-CD(3) Boom-Box i want (prob from PC Richards) I also saw a advertised TEAC vinyl, CD, ?cassette player that will convert your vinyl into CD's!

I don't have many at all now- only like 10, my sis has some too. When I moved at one point had to leave like ?150 :sad: vinyl albums behind.
have to see if it'll convert cassettes to CD's too.
I got bunches of those.... some being (my) mixed tapes off the radio back in the 80's with great indie/DIY/new wave/punk & great older stuff mixed iin! :love: Some being regular performers cassettes.

So got some Springsteen CD's maybe a dupe of BTR but don't quite know where my copy is.... DOTEOT, Magic (which i'd been listening to at my sis's house-but now her CD player went Kaput! :( )

Dooble Brothers "Taking it to the Streets" (one of my lost vinyls) sale 3.99!

and yay!!!!!! :hyper: at least I was able to get the regular Delux Edition
of AB....

i get to have :drool: LWTSH, Blow Your House Down & Where Did it All Go Wrong all on 1 CD! don't know the various remixes hear those, too.

Disappointed couldn't get the next one up (not the Uber Super Duper... :D ) which would have had the FTSD with it, right?
Now i'll have to go find that.

QUESTIONS ABOUT JT SUPER DELUX
Didn't get that (only had one copy)

Sooo as part of the extra goodies it has a live JT Era Concert (totally diferent concert? Or a full version of one of the video snips from.... i forgot... is that... can't be R&H can it? <ha my tortured realationship to R&H> ack! so what is it... I can see the vids but i can't visualize the DVD it comes from!!! :der: LOL. may it is R&H! derp!

also has ?Outside It's America >> that's the at one time bootlegged outakes from R&H? It's long isn't it?

and yes the B -sides like Luminous Times, Deep in the Heart :drool:

one of the vinyls I kept was the 12" ha! X remember the A-side... I got it for Silver & Gold, and ......Race Aainst Time

Opinions Wanted! :D

In the meantime.... :wave: nitey, nite!

arw, it would be spectacular if you could open your own place! You could be your own boss, make what you wanted/when you wanted, etc. Keep dreaming, and it may happen! :hug:

This was me this morning trying to get Glastonbury tickets

cookiewait.gif

used 2 computers and 2 phones to get em and

I GOT EM :D

:loveshower::panic:

let me also present TZATZIKI: Greek Yougurt Dip

greekfood.about.com
this is not how I've done it, I'll tell you my way after.

Cool and creamy, this tangy cucumber dip flavored with garlic is the perfect compliment to grilled meats and vegetables. It's served on the side with warm pita bread triangles for dipping, and is also used as a condiment for souvlaki.

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced finely
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1 cup greek yogurt, strained
1 cup sour cream
2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
1 tsp. chopped fresh dill

Preparation:
Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Using a whisk, blend the yogurt with the sour cream. Add the olive oil mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Finally, add the cucumber and chopped fresh dill. Chill for at least two hours before serving.
Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill just before serving.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We (my mom & I) would take regular plain yogurt (1 quart) and put it in cheeesecloththat was inside a metal strainer and strain it to get what's (now in fashion) called Greek Yogurt - very thick (you could just about stand a untensil in it) .

Some places mix either very thin sliced half-circles or shredded cucumbers in the yogurt. Others leave some cut version of cukes on the side. I've rarely seen it with dill mixed in.

NO sour cream either.
And I think i've used lemon juice in place of vinigear but not sure.

Enjoy! :D

I have got to say that even though I am from Greece,I hate Tzatziki.Everyone in my family loves it,especialy my sister,but I am the only one who doesn't like it.When my mother makes tzatziki my sister goes insane.I find it a little bit spicy and i hate gurlic,plus that your breath smells ugly.But that is just my opinion,and as I can see most people like it so...

oh man i love adding garlic to mayo!
then again I love adding garlic to most cooking or cold sandwhiches through (usually) mayo! :D

Now here's something (and I finally read someone who said that a lot of garlic can "burn" something like hotter hot peppers) to try if you are a garlic lover- Pototo Garlic Dip

From greekfood. about.com

In Greek: σκορδαλιά pronounced skor-thal-YAH
My older family members would fix this using a mortar and pestle to first degrade the garlic with salt, then add other ingredients to create the purée texture desired. Today, I often use a food processor or hand mixer which makes things a lot easier and takes a lot less time! Skordalia (skorthalia) can also be made with bread, but the potato recipe is more versatile since it can double as garlic mashed potatoes.

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds of potatoes for boiling
6-12 cloves of garlic, minced or grated (to taste)
1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup of good quality red or white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper

Preparation:
Add the salt to a large pot of water. Peel the potatoes and boil in salted water until well done (easily pierced with a fork). Drain.
Sprinkle the potatoes with pepper and mash.
In the blender bowl of the food processor (or with a hand mixer), purée the potatoes and garlic until well mixed, about 30-45 seconds. Still puréeing, slowly add the olive oil and vinegar, alternating between them, tasting as you go, until the mixture is smooth. Skorthalia should be creamy and thick. If it gets too thick, add a little cold water (not more than 1/4 cup).
Yield: About 2-3 cups

To prepare by hand
Mash potatoes with garlic. Drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar slowly, alternating between them, mashing well. Add pepper. This version may be grainier, but the taste is wonderful!
Note: Skordalia is a matter of taste. Some prefer a mild garlic taste, while others prefer a strong garlic taste. If the taste is too strong, adjust the quantities of potatoes or bread up a bit. If the taste is not strong enough, increase the garlic.
Additions
In various regions of Greece, walnuts or almonds are added. If you like, add a cup of finely chopped walnuts or almonds to the food processor at the beginning, with the potatoes, and add the juice of a lemon to the liquids. The consistency will still be similar to thick ketchup but granular due to the nuts.

Guide's Response to User Review
"In response to reviewer tellos, note that the salt is added to the water when boiling the potatoes - not to the dish itself. In the event that this was not clear, I have added a parenthetical comment to the recipe directions." Nancy Gaifyllia, Your Guide to Greek Food
Serve Skorthalia with...
Fried Salt Cod Steaks
Grilled Beef Burgers
Grilled Pork Burgers

Well,σκορδαλιά(just kidding,skordalia) is much better than tzatziki in my opinion.If you serve it with souvlaki(traditional greek food,really great),you will not regret it,that's for sure!!! If anyone wants reciepys for greek traditional food then you can find some interreting suggesions in "syndagi.gr" Bon Appetite!!!

I have got to say that even though I am from Greece,I hate Tzatziki.Everyone in my family loves it,especialy my sister,but I am the only one who doesn't like it.When my mother makes tzatziki my sister goes insane.I find it a little bit spicy and i hate gurlic,plus that your breath smells ugly.But that is just my opinion,and as I can see most people like it so...

:giggle: i understand :hug:
bit tough when everyone else loves something that you don't!

If youn want to hear some funny stories about a (in)famous South Asian Fruit that divides lovers & haters even more look up the Durian ! :lmao:

I'd tease my mom (her side that's Greek) because she wasn't a big garlic fan...."what kind of Greek are you?"

Luckily i love it b/c it's in sooo many of the cuisines i eat! But even have my limits if there's so much that it's burning way too much..... too much :lol: Once i had a skordalia that was like that in Greek Astoria, Queens (NY?C)

Well,σκορδαλιά(just kidding,skordalia) is much better than tzatziki in my opinion.If you serve it with souvlaki(traditional greek food,really great),you will not regret it,that's for sure!!! If anyone wants reciepys for greek traditional food then you can find some interreting suggesions in "syndagi.gr" Bon Appetite!!!

i'll have to look at that as i hope to start cooking again more towards end of November or so!

Ah.... souvlaki! Ahhhh grilled Sheiskaba.:drool::drool:

My mom found a way to almost duplicate griled lamb(sheiskaba) ! Get lamb riblets. Marinate them with olive oil, garlic, a lemon juice, oregano. Cook in oven then briol them in broiler undr oven forv about 5 mins or so!
It was like *summer* on a stick!

My mom's mom would make Kourabiedes- we'd help. Pudgey Cresants Greek butter cookies with powdered sugar dusting.Except she'd make them in the cone shape with a clove on top!

Also make the spiral cheese pie (not in the teropeides triangle shape)! YUUUMMMM!
Pastitisio mom and one of our aunt would make that!

Luckily we've got some good to great Greek restaurants here in NYC!

ETA and twice a year we go to the reek Pastry shp in Manhattan to get out Greek Easter and New Years Bread (Vasilop[ita)!!! :love:

:hyper::love::hyper: yay i got my portable CD going!
Zooropa was my first spin and yeah i never did have a copy, but i had Zooropa on a mixed tape and a U2 song fest on radio back in ?2001 or 05.

Now i can more leisurely like2-3 weeks pick out a boom-box with a tape, a 3 CD changer, radio. eventually another mp3 player.

had so little music except radio which there is no one station anymore i can listen to say 85%+ of the time for a vareity of R&R :sigh: when the CD player i have started to mess up. I will open up it up again...one time a CD got stuck, got it working again but this some other problem.
Before I buy the BooMBoX!

:hyper::hyper::drool::heart::drool::hyper::hyper:

music, Music, MUSIC!!!!!!!!

it is soooooooooooo fecking good to hear more music again! :yippie::yippie:

Ran through 4 CD's plus 1 of 2 CD Set aaaaaaaa, yeah!!!!!

have the other 1 of 2, and one single CD for tomorrow.
and i get buy MOAH! tho i put some CD's back I have to exhibit some restraint!

Earlier in the summer i got a letter amonst all the medical & benifits ones and.....it took a good while to get everything straighten out I got some very unexpected $! So paying a good measure of debt off, having alot of fun: omg jewelry-making supplies/semi-precisious stones, expensive fancy yarns, less expensive but fancy yarns too, gorgeous (extra expensive -some)craft paper of which a major portions are to be put up on my walls as decoration, Art supplies a bunch dedicated to Artist Book-making, also eventually some for painting and drawing (comparing oil pastels )and maybe sculpture too. I also hope some of this in a year or so will be marketable too. And some gifts here & there. and music related stuff! (maybe even a liittle amp and take my poor :hug: neglected guitar out of the closet! And keep some. And of course yeah some to charity, too! Excited to be able to help! (some household stuff lamp 1 or 2, step stool...

back to the CD's finally i can get The White Album! a few more Beatles....lol. Course i had the original vinyl, but never got the cassette! Patti Smith, problem is CD's are disappearing some.... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom