PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
TaraCynara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The moment of surrender on cloud #9.
Posts: 7,074
Local Time: 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
You're welcome, Tara . Glad to hear they've pinpointed the problem, though it sucks that she'll be there one more night. Are they going to do something specific to help her with the nerve endings stuff, some medication or whatever?
Yea, they gave her a specific medicine last week, and they decided they'll just up the dosage slowly until they find one that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
It's nice to see Bono not on top for once.







__________________

__________________
TaraCynara is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,228
Local Time: 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post
Yea, they gave her a specific medicine last week, and they decided they'll just up the dosage slowly until they find one that works.
Oy . That sounds familiar...

Good luck . I hope they can finally figure out the right dosage for her once and for all. Are there any other things they can look into, some sort of surgery or whatever (I don't know what all can be done about such a situation), that could be more of a long-term solution?

On a lighter note, ohhhh, the thoughts going through my mind upon reading Thora's post now .
__________________

__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 32,971
Local Time: 02:21 PM
ha i SEE you kingofsorrow



anyway

yes! Thora has now provided new fun divesrions!

her work is done here for today stilll being 11PM over there )
__________________
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 AM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 32,971
Local Time: 02:21 PM
take care everyone!

off on AaR tomorrow so see you in the evening!
__________________
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
GraceRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: in a humid place
Posts: 8,935
Local Time: 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora
It's nice to see Bono not on top for once.

That was a mistake but I guess it was time the rest of the band got first billing. Comet may not forgive me.
__________________
GraceRyan is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #21
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 02:21 PM
World Market (Cost Plus) is opening up here today and I'm so freaking excited that I'm going to drive all the way the heck out there right now. There's two locations and I'm in the middle of both so not sure which one I'm going to. They used to be here and I even worked at the one near my culinary school 5 years ago part time. That location was so busy we had a line 20 people deep every single day when I needed to close down and leave to get to school so I was usually late. Then they shut down all of their stores here when I lived in Phoenix. What I could never ever understand was the 2 WM locations I used to go to in Phoenix were always completely dead yet those stores stayed open and they completely left MN which was always so busy at all of their stores. But now they're back and most of their old spaces are still vacant so they're going back into 2 of their old locations. I'm really hoping they also go back to the one that's super close to me but I'll take what I can get. I'm so excited! There were so many things I wanted to buy in LA last winter but didn't have room in my luggage. Better get going. They open in 45 min
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
TaraCynara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The moment of surrender on cloud #9.
Posts: 7,074
Local Time: 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Oy . That sounds familiar...

Good luck . I hope they can finally figure out the right dosage for her once and for all. Are there any other things they can look into, some sort of surgery or whatever (I don't know what all can be done about such a situation), that could be more of a long-term solution?

On a lighter note, ohhhh, the thoughts going through my mind upon reading Thora's post now .
Unfortunately, not.

And, yea, the thoughts brought on Thora's post are just.... nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
World Market (Cost Plus) is opening up here today and I'm so freaking excited that I'm going to drive all the way the heck out there right now. There's two locations and I'm in the middle of both so not sure which one I'm going to. They used to be here and I even worked at the one near my culinary school 5 years ago part time. That location was so busy we had a line 20 people deep every single day when I needed to close down and leave to get to school so I was usually late. Then they shut down all of their stores here when I lived in Phoenix. What I could never ever understand was the 2 WM locations I used to go to in Phoenix were always completely dead yet those stores stayed open and they completely left MN which was always so busy at all of their stores. But now they're back and most of their old spaces are still vacant so they're going back into 2 of their old locations. I'm really hoping they also go back to the one that's super close to me but I'll take what I can get. I'm so excited! There were so many things I wanted to buy in LA last winter but didn't have room in my luggage. Better get going. They open in 45 min
I miss World Market. I used to live near one in Albuquerque, but there wasn't one in Indiana (not where I lived, anyway) and there isn't one here that I know of....

They sold chocolate Flakes, and I really love those.
__________________
TaraCynara is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
JJAsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kokkola, Funland
Posts: 5,051
Local Time: 09:21 PM
Asteroid 2012 QG42 goes past earth in few hours, gonna watch it

Live feed which starts later, countdown clock there: The Virtual Telescope Project 2.0: Virtual Telescope’s WebTV
__________________
JJAsi is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #24
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,771
Local Time: 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
It's nice to see Bono not on top for once.

Well isn't that a welcome change..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #25
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 02:21 PM
that was tons of fun...there was a huge line when I got there at 9:20. Everyone in line was so excited to have the store back. They had a ribbon cutting ceremony and then gave everyone a World Market bag that included our local magazine (which we already get in the mail) and some candy. I think I must have been in there for over an hour. It's a slightly different layout from when I worked there and I felt like they had less stuff but I really don't think any casual WM shoppers would have noticed. I just noticed because I used to be there for 5 hours a day 5 days a week. They had tons of little goodies to try and lots of different coffees too. I didn't see anything that I actually needed to buy right now since I'm not working much but I did buy some snacks and a few bottles of random beer. One thing I noticed was they don't sell a flavor of WM chips that my sister and I lived on when we lived together in Phoenix. But maybe that's a good thing! I bought pumpkin salsa Can't wait to try that later tonight.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
JJAsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kokkola, Funland
Posts: 5,051
Local Time: 09:21 PM
beer
__________________
JJAsi is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
TaraCynara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The moment of surrender on cloud #9.
Posts: 7,074
Local Time: 12:21 PM
Candy.










wait, are we just listing random things we like?
__________________
TaraCynara is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,228
Local Time: 01:21 PM
Mmmm, candy .

If we're doing that list thing: chips. Sour cream and onion, ranch, and lately I've been really into these Doritos salsa-flavored chips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post
Unfortunately, not.

And, yea, the thoughts brought on Thora's post are just.... nice.
Darn. I'm sorry . Well, fingers crossed what they can manage to do works for her, then. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Very much so. I like the way Thora's mind works .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post
I miss World Market. I used to live near one in Albuquerque, but there wasn't one in Indiana (not where I lived, anyway) and there isn't one here that I know of....

They sold chocolate Flakes, and I really love those.
It's weirdly depressing when you can't buy your favorite foods somewhere anymore, isn't it? That's happened to my family a lot over the years-we always joke that we should stop liking certain foods so much, because the moment we do they stop making them or we wind up living in a place that doesn't sell them .

arw, that store sounds awesome! Glad you've finally got one near you again and found some good stuff there.
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #29
arw
Blue Crack Addict
 
arw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: walking around 10,000 lakes
Posts: 27,320
Local Time: 02:21 PM
OMG....tonight started a new session of boot camp at the gym. Two kind of heavier gals signed up this time around. We were doing lighter workouts since it's a new session and one of them fell over during squats! My instructor always tells people to use a bench and sit during the squat if they're still not familiar with them but she chose to ignore that suggestion and ended up losing her balance and tipping over. The class changed from being called "boot camp" to total body conditioning because they felt like too many people were intimidated by the boot camp name. Since they changed the name we get a lot of people in the class that just are not ready for this type of workout and regret paying to take it. It's one of the few classes you actually have to pay for so I don't know how they found their way into signing up for this stuff without doing the research about what it is. There's no way I'd pay for a class without going to a preview of it before. Anyways I felt bad for her but at the same time it took everything I had in me to not laugh at her.
__________________
arw is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
TaraCynara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The moment of surrender on cloud #9.
Posts: 7,074
Local Time: 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Mmmm, candy .

If we're doing that list thing: chips. Sour cream and onion, ranch, and lately I've been really into these Doritos salsa-flavored chips...
Mmmm, chips.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Darn. I'm sorry . Well, fingers crossed what they can manage to do works for her, then. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Very much so. I like the way Thora's mind works .
Yea, we're hoping so too.

Thora has awesome thoughts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
It's weirdly depressing when you can't buy your favorite foods somewhere anymore, isn't it? That's happened to my family a lot over the years-we always joke that we should stop liking certain foods so much, because the moment we do they stop making them or we wind up living in a place that doesn't sell them .
Exactly! I used to buy these flamin' hot Cheetos that were giant puffs in the shape of balls, and they were the best thing ever. But, they don't make them anymore because not enough people bought them.
__________________

__________________
TaraCynara is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com