PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everything finally works out with the phone, arw, that whole thing sounds like a mess. And hope you feel better :hug:, and hope the job interview works out as well.

And Comet, the earthquake-yikes! Glad you're okay :hug:.

Nothing like turning on vh1 classic and seeing the video for pride. And it was the OLD one too, the one shot in slane castle. Made for a good laugh. And I need to spend more time here ... perhaps THAT will get our lads into the studio. ;)

Awwww :cute:. Fun!

I saw Squeeze's "If It's Love" on there this morning. There's one that doesn't get much airplay, it was nice to hear that :).

Agreed on the studio thing, too. We do need to revolt, or something.

I wish he weren't squinting so we could see the lovely eyes. I am SUCH a sucker for blue eyes. :drool:

Hell. Yes. Can I get an "Amen!"?

:laugh: Oh dear, I got some people mad at me on FB.

Responded to one of Jem's friends taggign her in some random pic claiming Animals are not to be eaten.

Now I got all the vegan morons after me. Yeah, they claim all sorts of things, I retort with cold facts. :laugh: And they claim I'm indoctrinated and go on rants completely missing my points.

:laugh: Oh dear, I got some people mad at me on FB.

Responded to one of Jem's friends taggign her in some random pic claiming Animals are not to be eaten.

Now I got all the vegan morons after me. Yeah, they claim all sorts of things, I retort with cold facts. :laugh: And they claim I'm indoctrinated and go on rants completely missing my points.

:lol:

It's funny sometimes when vegans get mad at you online, isn't it? :D

j3JYd.jpg

fb4Ei.jpg

:lol: Exactly. And they keep on claiming that humans are herbivores. And quote "research" like ALF links. Yeah, that's interesting lecture, but 100% incorrect.

and then they say that human teeth arent for eating meat, well start eating raw meat without cooking it for 30 years and lets see how your teeth are :lol:

:love:

Rawr.

But seriously, we have both molars and sharp front teeth. Dunno but to me that sounds like we have best of both worlds. And our intestines are way more simple than that of herbivores, they are far shorter. Sure, they have the length to digest some plants, but we can't even friggin' eat cellulose. Which most herbivores eat.

So humans herbivores? My shiny white scientifically educated arse.

And they keep on claiming that humans are herbivores.

:scratch: Ummmmmmmmmm...no?

Wow. Yeah, if people want to be vegetarians/vegans, knock yourselves out, fine by me, but I too hate it when people get into these stupid wars over this stuff. Let people eat what they want and leave each other alone about it. Preachiness has never been a convincing argument method.

I like meat too much to ever totally give it up . I rarely eat beef ( a well-done grilled hamburger is a diner out treat ,or at a relative's house in the warm weather et together) mostly chicken, pork and lamb. I am eating more than i "should" of it though and as i work on getting back to cooking again i might try to eat less of it.

For meat though my goals are to eat less of it, but portion it out with more other stuff like beans, veggies be whole grains and to have the animals have healthy safe feed, and free of factory-animal imprisoned like conditions often called "free range". So a healthier animal, even though will more expensive will substitute other ingrediants to build a meal.
In general I eat meat w veggiess/grains, vegitarian and vegan meals with various cuisines.

Right now it's kind of stymied until my blood thinner pills(temporary) is over with...because my cuisines Italian, Greek, Middle Eastern, Chinese, Indian, Tex & Cali-Mex, Spanish and some 'merican often have lots of herbs & spices of which i can't eat while i am on them.

They (the spices & herbs) are natural blood-thinners. I had the problem while i was a different blood-thinner post-surgery, thsan what I am on now.

GG, that part of that discussion that I saw was nuts. :lol:

I'm mostly vegan, but I don't have a problem with people eating meat. Whatever floats your boat, man. :) I don't eat it because I can't properly digest it, so it's more of a "I don't want to have an upset stomach" kind of avoidance.

Right now there's a HUGE problem with e.coli being found in beef around here, and it seems like every day they're recalling a bunch more meat products. :yikes: It's times like this that make me grateful that I rarely touch the stuff. :lol:

thanks everyone....feeling much better after a full day of cold pills yesterday and today. The sinus pressure finally went away last night enough for me to realize I just have a cold and not a sinus infection. Still sound like crap but I feel way better than yesterday. I had some super funky dreams last night that I blame on the cold pills. One was hilarious if you actually knew me in person and knew my sister so I'll spare you the details. But my entire family was laughing all day about it :der:

Oh and......I have my phone :yippie::yippie::yippie::yippie: I went to the AT&T store and got it all set up. The same guys from yesterday morning were all there tonight including the manager so he got me set up right away. The best part about tonight was I asked the guy helping me how I set up my bluetooth on the phone because I have that option to be hands free in my new car....and I freaking love it :drool: I just push a button on the steering wheel and a lovely little lady asks me who I'd like to call. So he asked what kind of car I have and it turns out he just bought the same car a few months ago. So he said he'd be more than happy to walk me to my car, which was right in front of the store anyways, and hook up my bluetooth for me. Love it. I'm definitely spoiled these days despite the lack of work in recent months.

Oh and I still wish it was white but it's all good. I stopped at the store and found a purple case for it, which is totally awesome because I'm a huge Vikings fan so I love all things purple. :drool:

Ok off to play with my new phone :hyper:

Glad to hear you're getting better, arw (and weird dreams? Gotta love being hopped up on cold medicine, huh :wink:?), and hooray for finally getting your phone! Have fun with it!

I'm mostly vegan, but I don't have a problem with people eating meat. Whatever floats your boat, man. :) I don't eat it because I can't properly digest it, so it's more of a "I don't want to have an upset stomach" kind of avoidance.

Right now there's a HUGE problem with e.coli being found in beef around here, and it seems like every day they're recalling a bunch more meat products. :yikes: It's times like this that make me grateful that I rarely touch the stuff. :lol:

Exactly. That sort of thing makes perfect sense.

I eat meat from time to time, but I don't eat tons of it. But I'm not a fan of vegetables, either. Fruits, no problem, but for some reason I just can't find most vegetables appealing. Maybe I need to just find the right flavorings for them or something.

thanks everyone....feeling much better after a full day of cold pills yesterday and today. The sinus pressure finally went away last night enough for me to realize I just have a cold and not a sinus infection. Still sound like crap but I feel way better than yesterday. I had some super funky dreams last night that I blame on the cold pills. One was hilarious if you actually knew me in person and knew my sister so I'll spare you the details. But my entire family was laughing all day about it :der:

Oh and......I have my phone :yippie::yippie::yippie::yippie: I went to the AT&T store and got it all set up. The same guys from yesterday morning were all there tonight including the manager so he got me set up right away. The best part about tonight was I asked the guy helping me how I set up my bluetooth on the phone because I have that option to be hands free in my new car....and I freaking love it :drool: I just push a button on the steering wheel and a lovely little lady asks me who I'd like to call. So he asked what kind of car I have and it turns out he just bought the same car a few months ago. So he said he'd be more than happy to walk me to my car, which was right in front of the store anyways, and hook up my bluetooth for me. Love it. I'm definitely spoiled these days despite the lack of work in recent months.

Oh and I still wish it was white but it's all good. I stopped at the store and found a purple case for it, which is totally awesome because I'm a huge Vikings fan so I love all things purple. :drool:

Ok off to play with my new phone :hyper:

:yippie: Yay for new phones!

On the football note: Vikings, really? :tsk:

:wink::D

:yikes: thora on the e coli beef scare :yuck:

i remember you having lactose intolerance

I eat meat from time to time, but I don't eat tons of it. But I'm not a fan of vegetables, either. Fruits, no problem, but for some reason I just can't find most vegetables appealing. Maybe I need to just find the right flavorings for them or something.

i was :tsk: an all around picky eater until my teens esp mid-teens onward. drove my poor parents bonkers. At least they lived way long enough to see me drastically change!

Alot of Americans over-cook veggies- that's often what i grew up on. It wasn't until i learned Chinese cooking... often fast steaming or wok frying.... but note .... i asked this of my local restaurant...they use more oil than they would at home because it's faster to cook that way and get more customers..... that veggies became more interesting to me.

Also again herbs and spices (without necessarily being hot) play a great role, too!

Most herbs, spices, butter, etc. cover up the yummy flavor of vegetables to me, so i rarely ever put ANYthing on vegetables. And yeah, like Daz said, overcooked mushy tasteless or canned vegetables are GROSS. They should be fresh, lightly steamed. Some are good raw too. :)

Ah yes some are also yummy raw...like yellow, orange and red sweet peppers, sweet baby carrots and Summer/Early Fall Farmer Market Heirloom :drool::bow: Tomatoes!

When I was a kid my parents would get all excited about stopping at the mostly year round Farmers Market just off the highway where we'd turn off of or into arriving/leaving our Aunt & Uncle's house in NJ.

Me?
Just about bored to tears! :|:| :lol:

Now I know better. Luckily The Green :heart: Markets got going in ?81-ish in NYC and i was there by ? 82, 83. :)

Good night everyone. Take care! :wave:

:scratch: Ummmmmmmmmm...no?

Wow. Yeah, if people want to be vegetarians/vegans, knock yourselves out, fine by me, but I too hate it when people get into these stupid wars over this stuff. Let people eat what they want and leave each other alone about it. Preachiness has never been a convincing argument method.

:love: Exactly that!

Glad you guys are quite sane on this. :up: I mean, I'm fine with vegetarians, my sister is one and plenty of friends are. But I'm NOT fine with people telling me I'm a murderer and should not do what I do. Err, I'm not telling YOU what you should do, so leave me alone.
And don't spread lies. That one is pretty big with me. I hate lies.

GG, that part of that discussion that I saw was nuts. :lol:

Yeah that's a great, sane, reason, and the fact that you don't condemn others for eating meat is even better.

:hmm: Didn't know about that problem. We have a salmonella issue with salmon here, so that's all being recalled. I do usually eat my beef quite rare, so would have to watch out with bacteria and such.

Of course, that's a different case than the nutjobs on facebook wishing me to get creutzfeld jacob's disease/BSE. :rolleyes:

Most herbs, spices, butter, etc. cover up the yummy flavor of vegetables to me, so i rarely ever put ANYthing on vegetables. And yeah, like Daz said, overcooked mushy tasteless or canned vegetables are GROSS. They should be fresh, lightly steamed. Some are good raw too. :)

:yuck: Ewwwww overcooked veggies!

I hate those, always hated them. :lol: Thank god I managed to talk my mother into wokking and quickly cooking things now, otherwise I'd still have mashed broccoli/cauliflower and all the other stuff that gets disgusting when cooked too long.

My favourite way to make everything is quickly stirfrying in a hot wok with a bit of oil, then if necessary a bit of wok sauce on there. :drool: Delish.

Yeah that's a great, sane, reason, and the fact that you don't condemn others for eating meat is even better.

:hmm: Didn't know about that problem. We have a salmonella issue with salmon here, so that's all being recalled. I do usually eat my beef quite rare, so would have to watch out with bacteria and such.

Of course, that's a different case than the nutjobs on facebook wishing me to get creutzfeld jacob's disease/BSE. :rolleyes:

The e.coli problem is seriously out of control right now. There are 1500 beef products that are currently being recalled, and every day there's a new update with more being found to be unsafe. :tsk: It's all because of a problem with one processing plant in Alberta. :yuck:

I took a food safety course last weekend, and now that I've had a refresher on bacteria/pathogens and keeping food safe to eat, all of this e.coli craziness just disgusts the hell out of me. :lol:

:yuck: Ewwwww overcooked veggies!

I hate those, always hated them. :lol: Thank god I managed to talk my mother into wokking and quickly cooking things now, otherwise I'd still have mashed broccoli/cauliflower and all the other stuff that gets disgusting when cooked too long.

My favourite way to make everything is quickly stirfrying in a hot wok with a bit of oil, then if necessary a bit of wok sauce on there. :drool: Delish.

Yes, that's good too. I do like veggies cooked that way. :love:

comet i think if you use a little bit of spices or herbs on vegitables they enhance themin a complimetary way. :)

I know, I shouldn't have said NO herbs. :hmm: One of my fave dinners is to chop up a small red potato and a very small sweet potato, toss them together with olive oil and FRESH basil (not dried!!), put in a bowl and microwave about 5 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and :drool: Delicious dinner in under 10 minutes.

And arw did you give me your cold? :hmm: I have one now. :sigh: I'm glad you're feeling better now, and yay for your new phone! :applaud: (By the way did you get the last message I sent you?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom