PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, definitely tell them to go to a stylist and get some advice. :up: It's not all that difficult for a professional to do. I LOVE your daughters' hair. Theirs is definitely much curlier than mine. :)

I've had mine straightened a few times, and while everyone always says it looks fabulous, it just never seems like ME, you know? I know that that's my head and body in the pictures, but the hair is just SO different. I like a short-term change every now and then, but I'm just more comfortable with my hair being in it's natural curly state. :) I didn't always think that way, though. When I was a kid and didn't know how to manage the curls properly, I would pray every night for straight and manageable hair. :lol:

Sounds exactly like my kids, and me to some extent since mine isn't straight either, and yep as a kid, or as a teen really, it was a daily fight with the hair before going to school and not having straight hair like all the other kids!

My kids are the same tho like you said. They want to try it for the novelty, but they know it won't really feel like them, exactly! They've finally embraced the curls.

They are sorta local for me ;)

We had a family wedding in LA about 7-8 years ago and it was the first time in ages that my whole entire family was all together there. My parents wanted to go to the Melrose area for lunch with the rest of the family while my sister and I would have rather spent another day at the beach. We finally agreed but we said we'd only go if we could drive down Fairfax and listen to the Chili Peppers in the car on the way there :) :der: My parents agreed but I think after about 2 songs they changed the cd!

Sounds exactly like my kids, and me to some extent since mine isn't straight either, and yep as a kid, or as a teen really, it was a daily fight with the hair before going to school and not having straight hair like all the other kids!

My kids are the same tho like you said. They want to try it for the novelty, but they know it won't really feel like them, exactly! They've finally embraced the curls.

My hair was SO bad for most of my childhood/teens until I learned how to tame the madness and make it look good. :tsk: :lol: I tried to destroy or hide all the evidence, but my parents wouldn't let me. :wink:

I just realized that it's 1pm, and I haven't gotten out of my PJ's yet. What a lazy day! :love:

My hair was SO bad for most of my childhood/teens until I learned how to tame the madness and make it look good. :tsk: :lol: I tried to destroy or hide all the evidence, but my parents wouldn't let me. :wink:

I just realized that it's 1pm, and I haven't gotten out of my PJ's yet. What a lazy day! :love:

Same here. I've GOT to get going. :lol:

And arw that's great. :D

Happy recovery Jj! :wave:

I like this pic :love:

edgenbonoleicester9-22-2012_zpsc48d9cbc.png

Bono and Edge (especially Edge!! :D ) smiling.....awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :cute:

My brother said they buy that drink at Walmart! It comes all ready to go in a bottle and it stands out cause it's very pink! It's a vodka, mixed with passion fruit and maybe mango? :hmm: it was amaaaazin. :drool: We mixed it with a little lemon lime soda too and it was perfect. :up:

I'm sure you can get it at a beverage store too like Bev-mo, but he said Walmart's cheaper. Look for Kinky. :lol:

Oh, cool, thanks for the tip! We don't have a Bev-mo (never even heard of it 'till now), so Wal-Mart it is, then. Next time I'm there I'll look around for it, and will keep the lemon lime soda thing in mind, too :). That sounds delicious.

What a flirt! Swimming is really good for many types of recovery.

Speaking of flirting with medical staff, I remember being wheeled in for my C-section, all drugged up and exhausted from 22 hours of hell. One of the nurses said to the dr. "Oh, you took your pants off" (I think meaning "You changed your pants for scrubs or whatever") and I mumbled something like "A doctor without pants on? Is he cute?" And the nurses and the dr. laughed!

:lol:

I've never come across a cute doctor at the hospital :angry:. The hell? But if I did, I'd probably be trying to flirt with them, too (key word there being "trying", of course :p). I'm with Dazz, JJ, given all the stress they deal with day in and day out, I'd bet they appreciate funny moments like that every now and again. You were clearly just kidding around for fun, and so I too see nothing wrong with it :).

I like this pic :love:

edgenbonoleicester9-22-2012_zpsc48d9cbc.png

Awwwwwww, I like it, too :cute:! They look adorable.

Thora, how I envy you your weekend. Glad you got a chance to just chill and have some time to yourself, and I'll have to go on Facebook and check out your new hairstyle!

I just finished up a four day run at work and now I have tomorrow and Tuesday off. Hooray!

glad you are working ML!

there is an idependant bookstore i want to frequent more...i go to B&N too. I miss :( Borders.
I first found a Borders in Washington DC a block or 2 from the hotel i was staying atduring late Spring during Pres Clinton's ? first term. I visited WH for the first time , too. So the Borders was like a guidepost for me returning to hotel. I went inside too, and liked it.

Then there one on the :sigh: Northwestern-most building corner of the World Trade Center Buildings complex. This was one of the low darkish grey buildings WT 3, 4, 5 ... They actually weren't that low- actually 10 stories high but it comparision.... I thought they were like 5-6 stories. I was suprised to learn they were 10 stories.

Then they had a Borders in The Time Warner building that i went to alot. I hope there'll always be physical books and hopefully more thanjust a small selection.

So am I. I wish it paid more, and I have a few other minor nitpicks with certain things there (swear to God, if our computers go offline one...more...time...). But I do love working around books and being able to see stuff that looks interesting to read and getting the discounts on books and magazines and all that good stuff :D. And I like the people I work with, too.

I don't know if my store qualifies as an "independent" one-it's a small Midwestern chain, we have stores in Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin (where the home office is located), and...Michigan, too, I think. But we do have another bookstore in town that is an independent one, called the Bookery. It was right behind the mall, but then it recently moved to another part of town, where to I don't know, though.

I've only ever been to a Barnes & Noble when I'd be visiting a bigger city. They're cool-I'd definitely want to work in one of those. Hell, I think I could live in one of those. Never been to a Borders, although one of my co-workers worked at a Borders when he lived in Chicago.

I'll go to any bookstore that's available, independent or chain-oriented, I don't care. I just like bookstores in general, and also hope that despite the technological advances (which I don't knock, I definitely get the appeal of Kindles and that sort of thing) bookstores and physical copies of books stay around :). I don't see why the two things can't co-exist.

Tv was on VH1 classic, and now WOWY is on. Surprises me how it's such a simple video, but still quite powerful after all those years. Same with the song, so simple, yet so brilliant. :up: Haven't listened to it like this in a long time!

PoP been blasting whole day from my stereo on repeat and cant get enuff of that album

damn I miss PoPMart :drool:

RHCP was a good show last night. My pictures came out crap, oh well, but a couple are only alright.

RHCPSD9-23-2012CPenyak1.jpg

RHCPSD9-23-2012CPenyak2.jpg

and my favoritest wall of all. :D

RHCPSD9-23-2012CPenyak0.jpg

:lol: Except it's not a poster. All the walls of the arena are giant murals of bands performing shows there. Goes way back with shows like Queen, Jimi Hendrix, and tons of other bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom