PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh,Vegas.I've been there for one week in 2005.But it was the World Cup Finals in Thomas & Mack Centre and I was with a horse and couldn't wander around so much.But in the beginning we were in quarantine for 48h,so we had one hour in the morning,lunch and evening to visit our horses.Inbetween we were free. We had those huge Hummer and Chrysler limo's in our disposal to drive us to hotel and back. I tried slot machine,Starbuck's,cheese burger,Budweiser and ate a doughnut:up:

extra :wave: to JJ.
they sent you home yet?

:yes: on wednesday eve

fysio told me on friday to exercise my lower back, so told her that I know a good way to do it or does she know a better way.

Then she told me that she´s married :lol: :wink:

I know, I know it was a friendly sexist joke but atleast she blushed and seemed to think of it :sexywink: :lol:

Was swimming today in local swimming hall and it felt good on my back, doin it few times a week before starting to walk longer distances and of course doin other things at home to strengthen my muscles

:applaud:

:wave: Just finished my fun weekend. Got home from Vegas today. We had so much fun. We just did whatever we wanted with no schedules to keep. It was great.

Oh yeah - I saw some of your pics/posts on fb. Looks and sounds like a great time!

We just rediscovered Rubio's (the fish taco restaurant). For years here (long ago) they made excellent fish tacos and take out Mexican food, mostly fish and shrimp tacos, burritos, etc. But over the last 5 or so years they steadily became more fast food commercialized, and the food went downhill until it became unedible crap. We hadn't gone there in forever. But only just recently they totally redid everything with all new menus and recipes and OMG. Absolutely delicious. So happy about the change. I'm not sure when the change took place but I know it's super recent. I'm pretty sure as of this summer the food was still crap.

I think we have one of those in our mall. I'll have to check it out again next time I'm there. I love fish tacos. If you even come out here I'll take you to my favorite baja style mex place. :flirt:

Went to dinner, walked around and shopped, but mostly window shopped. OH I did get a cool glass though. In one shop they sold drinking glasses made from cut and polished liquor bottles. I actually found one made from the Product (RED) Belvedere Vodka bottle.

Also won 888 pennies at a penny slot machine. (No it didn't pay me out in pennies) I used the hotel fitness center and did my 1 hr, 4+ mile walk one day too.

Last night we spent at my brother's house who lives in Boulder City right outside Vegas. We sat around their pool and spa and drank margaritas and this other drink called Kinky which is a pink tropical vodka drink. :drool: omg it was good. (One of my daughters had a wee bit too much though and was a little, well mixed up afterward.) :shh: she took a shower after the spa and realized she was using dog shampoo.

dog shampoo!!!!! Classic!!!!!
And 4+miles in an hour isn't bad, speedy!
AND that drinking glass sounds cool - maybe if I come to visit you again, you can make me a drink in it!

on wednesday eve

fysio told me on friday to exercise my lower back, so told her that I know a good way to do it or does she know a better way.

I know, I know it was a friendly sexist joke but atleast she blushed and seemed to think of it :sexywink:

Was swimming today in local swimming hall and it felt good on my back, doin it few times a week before starting to walk longer distances and of course doin other things at home to strengthen my muscles

What a flirt! Swimming is really good for many types of recovery.

Speaking of flirting with medical staff, I remember being wheeled in for my C-section, all drugged up and exhausted from 22 hours of hell. One of the nurses said to the dr. "Oh, you took your pants off" (I think meaning "You changed your pants for scrubs or whatever") and I mumbled something like "A doctor without pants on? Is he cute?" And the nurses and the dr. laughed!

Glad you had a great time, comet! :)

zu, that's awesome! :lol:

This is the first weekend I've had completely to myself in months. No work events, nothing to do, no responsibilities - just pure relaxation! It's been heavenly so far! :drool: Yesterday I went to the salon and got highlights and straightened my hair, and now I look even MORE like I'm 12 years old. :lol: The straightening wasn't permanent, so I'll probably keep it that way through tomorrow so I can give my co-workers a bit of a surprise. :giggle:

Good afternoon everyone! (or whatever part of the day it is for you).
Good to hear you had such a good time in Vegas, Comet!

Every time that song comes on I wonder the same thing Gg. :hyper: I look all around in excitement, and every time... BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. :tsk: :sad:

Thora! OMG I saw your pic on FB and it's great! :D :up: I showed my kids and Chelsea wanted to know how/what/where you did that! :hmm:

Happy recovery Jj! :wave:

I like this pic :love:

edgenbonoleicester9-22-2012_zpsc48d9cbc.png

I thought I'd crop that black n white pic to PGP standards. :sexywink:

I just got home from Vegas... going through my post vacation blahs at the moment. :sigh:

Guess I gotta do another one soon. LOL :hmm:

Every time that song comes on I wonder the same thing Gg. :hyper: I look all around in excitement, and every time... BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. :tsk: :sad:

Thora! OMG I saw your pic on FB and it's great! :D :up: I showed my kids and Chelsea wanted to know how/what/where you did that! :hmm:

Same here. My blood pressure automatically goes up and I feel the adrenaline boost. But they never show up in my room. :sad:

Rocket man is worse. I still have a hard time with that song. Makes me sad.

I thought I'd crop that black n white pic to PGP standards. :sexywink:

I just got home from Vegas... going through my post vacation blahs at the moment. :sigh:

Guess I gotta do another one soon. LOL :hmm:

I hate post vacation blahs. :( You could come to MN in January cuz I don't think I'm going to So Cal this winter :sad: It's super fun here in the winter :happy:

yes the crop is better.....we don't need to deal with those other people getting in the way.

Same here. My blood pressure automatically goes up and I feel the adrenaline boost. But they never show up in my room. :sad:

Rocket man is worse. I still have a hard time with that song. Makes me sad.

That too. :sigh:

I almost forgot.... I have tickets to Red Hot Chili Peppers tonight. :lol:

Aww, thanks! :)

I got it done professionally. I doubt I could make it look like that on my own. :lol: After my hair had been highlighted/washed, my stylist blow dried it (which I NEVER do normally, because it causes my hair to go into a massive 'fro). She then put some product in it, and straightened it with a straightening iron. That part only took about a half hour at the most, which was surprising. When a friend straightened my hair years and years ago it took her several hours. :lol:

I hate post vacation blahs. :( You could come to MN in January cuz I don't think I'm going to So Cal this winter :sad: It's super fun here in the winter :happy:

yes the crop is better.....we don't need to deal with those other people getting in the way.

I wish I could get away that far again!! I'd love to head your way again! Sadly for now I can only afford these little quickie trips in my neck of the woods.

There's a tiny town in California known for being a little Danish town (at first I was thinking it was Dutch, but then I remembered it's Danish) called Solvang. I was there once as a little kid, but I'm thinking of going there soon. They are known for their pastries and bakeries. :hmm:

Oh and sorry you won't be able to take your trip. :sad:

:yes: on wednesday eve

I know, I know it was a friendly sexist joke but atleast she blushed and seemed to think of it :sexywink: :lol:

:lol:
As a serious feminist, JJ, I still find that more flirty, not sexist. Also a woman patient could say thatjust about as easily to a hot male doctor/nurse/PT therapist.

Glad you are home.

Aaaahhhhh :love: swimming, love it even if i rarely get to it. It does alot of good all around whether injured or not!

That too. :sigh:

I almost forgot.... I have tickets to Red Hot Chili Peppers tonight. :lol:

I gotta remember that I'm going next month! I think my friend that I'm going with will remember but I keep forgetting. It feels like I've had the tickets for years already. :hmm: Maybe I'll put it on my calendar like everything else :der:

Aww, thanks! :)

I got it done professionally. I doubt I could make it look like that on my own. :lol: After my hair had been highlighted/washed, my stylist blow dried it (which I NEVER do normally, because it causes my hair to go into a massive 'fro). She then put some product in it, and straightened it with a straightening iron. That part only took about a half hour at the most, which was surprising. When a friend straightened my hair years and years ago it took her several hours. :lol:

Wow cool, thanks! I'll tell my kids. They are very curious about the whole thing since their hair has always been so curly. They both have it cute super short now, which makes it nearly a fro, especially Chelsea's. If you saw any of my Vegas pics on FB you can see their hair right now! :giggle:

And yep years ago one of Camille's friends tried to straighten their hair, and after a few hours and only getting through about an eighth of it they gave up. :lol:

I gotta remember that I'm going next month! I think my friend that I'm going with will remember but I keep forgetting. It feels like I've had the tickets for years already. :hmm: Maybe I'll put it on my calendar like everything else :der:

I know right? I keep forgetting! My show was supposed to be last February until Anthony K had his foot surgery or whatever. What is it with these rock stars? :tsk:

I was thinking of just going late, because I'm so tired, but I looked up the opening act and I see it's Band of Skulls, who I've no clue about live, but they do have one song I like so :hmm:

I wish I could get away that far again!! I'd love to head your way again! Sadly for now I can only afford these little quickie trips in my neck of the woods.

There's a tiny town in California known for being a little Danish town (at first I was thinking it was Dutch, but then I remembered it's Danish) called Solvang. I was there once as a little kid, but I'm thinking of going there soon. They are known for their pastries and bakeries. :hmm:

Oh and sorry you won't be able to take your trip. :sad:

yeah can't do much these days without a job :sad:

:reject: It's not like they're U2 or anything. :wink:

this :up:

As much as I love RHCP I would be fine if I didn't go to the concert at all in Oct. The only reason I was excited for Coldplay was for two reasons....1. I had a friend coming in from out of town and we made a weekend out of it by going to an Irish fair and a baseball game plus the concert so it was hard to forget about it. 2. Most of my FB/U2 friends went to Coldplay in other cities so my status updates were always mentioning Coldplay.

But for this concert I haven't seen anyone mention going to to RHCP to remind me that I'm also going. Plus, I haven't listened to them in years and if my friend wouldn't have suggested we go I probably wouldn't have gotten tickets.

Wow cool, thanks! I'll tell my kids. They are very curious about the whole thing since their hair has always been so curly. They both have it cute super short now, which makes it nearly a fro, especially Chelsea's. If you saw any of my Vegas pics on FB you can see their hair right now! :giggle:

And yep years ago one of Camille's friends tried to straighten their hair, and after a few hours and only getting through about an eighth of it they gave up. :lol:

Yeah, definitely tell them to go to a stylist and get some advice. :up: It's not all that difficult for a professional to do. I LOVE your daughters' hair. Theirs is definitely much curlier than mine. :)

I've had mine straightened a few times, and while everyone always says it looks fabulous, it just never seems like ME, you know? I know that that's my head and body in the pictures, but the hair is just SO different. I like a short-term change every now and then, but I'm just more comfortable with my hair being in it's natural curly state. :) I didn't always think that way, though. When I was a kid and didn't know how to manage the curls properly, I would pray every night for straight and manageable hair. :lol:

:lol: comet
ha super curly, fro-y hair straightening

I had the opposite "problem" when in the late 60's the
rage for straight hair - which I had, changed to quite wavy!

Now, yes, it's less difficult than hair striaghtening--
there i was- divided each side of my head/hair (Rght & Left) into
4 sections: front upper, front lower, back upper, back lower.

ANd then braided each of these sections either just fter washed hair or wetting dry hair.

Voila! Pretty wavy for all of 1 1/2 - 2 days! :lol::lol:

:wave: GG

this :up:

As much as I love RHCP I would be fine if I didn't go to the concert at all in Oct. The only reason I was excited for Coldplay was for two reasons....1. I had a friend coming in from out of town and we made a weekend out of it by going to an Irish fair and a baseball game plus the concert so it was hard to forget about it. 2. Most of my FB/U2 friends went to Coldplay in other cities so my status updates were always mentioning Coldplay.

But for this concert I haven't seen anyone mention going to to RHCP to remind me that I'm also going. Plus, I haven't listened to them in years and if my friend wouldn't have suggested we go I probably wouldn't have gotten tickets.

Yep pretty much. I was slightly more excited when I bought the tickets like sometime in 2011 over a year ago :shrug: mostly because they are on my list of bands i did want to see live because I somehow always missed them and I was a fan since they started. They are sorta local for me ;) But when the show was postponed nearly a year it just kind of went off my radar. Unlike other postponed shows that wreaked chaos and havoc and totally wrecked my entire plans for a year recently. :eyebrow: Some bands... geeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom