PGP: U2 Dry Spells Suck HARD :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ah! go get some sustenance, comet!

hopefully see you before you're off to work!

random/

I have finally been able to draw on Corel Pianter the guitar amp I've been needing.

I usually have superb hand-eye co-ordiantion when i am drawing directly but after ?7 years of among other things of drawing on a tablet on the computer I haven't improved much. :sad::sad:

But if I make a somewhat sloppy drawing (b/c my hand won't go the way I want whole looking at the screen and drawing on the tablet <not in my sight/view>) AND THEN TRACE it over on another layer...
...THAT I have found goes pretty to quite well.
I started to find that out about 2-3 yrs ago, and got confirmed some again today.

The only problem is .... the whole point of being ABLE to draw on a tablet is not to have to scan in something to trace, or have to draw twice; the sloppy and then the good traced -over version. :crack: :sad:

OH well......... :) wavery smile

You GOTTA be fucking kidding me.

The program I used to backup my HD. Is only compatible with windows XP.

Please be fuckin' shittin' me.

Was it International Talk Like a Pirate Day? Every time I see the photo I think it from Pop Era because the color of his hair.

Yeah when the pic first appeared a lot of people thought it was! But I noticed his Edun hoody right away :sexywink: it's the same one I have and that I sent to Gg. Of course the Vertigo leather jacket is obvious too.

Thank god. The program I used did NOT encrypt my files. :bow: Means I can manually restore them. It'll be slow and painful as the external HD does NOT approve of my 170 gigs of data, but if I chop it into chunks smaller than 20 gigs it should work. :uhoh: I hope.

Yeah when the pic first appeared a lot of people thought it was! But I noticed his Edun hoody right away :sexywink: it's the same one I have and that I sent to Gg. Of course the Vertigo leather jacket is obvious too.

Yeah it was the leather jacket I first noticed. And such a sexy hoody, that is. :shifty:

Yeah it was the leather jacket I first noticed. And such a sexy hoody, that is. :shifty:

Oh, and the mobile in his hand is not a huge honking one circa 1997 like this http://www.thecaptainsmemos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Cell-Phone2.jpg

:pray: OMG I still have my files. Thank feck fer that! I would've cried long and hard had I lost ALL my U2 files.

:hug:

I know JT Bono is NOT your fave....but how can you deny this face?

6657347581_223c3ba929_o.jpg

6657346897_1dddc76540_o.jpg

The hoody:

bonoshorthaircannesblueedunhoody5-0.jpg

bonoshorthaircannesblueedunhoody25-.jpg

bonoshorthaircannesblueedunhoody35-.jpg

bonoaliafrica2buthabuthebig5-06.jpg

i still wear mine all the time because it's sooo soft. :drool: Gg I think you said yours finally got too ratty? Actually I have both the green and the blue now because Chelsea had the blue one and gave hers to me after a few years. I wear them both a lot now.

Dazz, that does sound rather difficult (and sorta confusing, LOL), that whole drawing thing. But glad you made some sort of progress with it.

:pray: OMG I still have my files. Thank feck fer that! I would've cried long and hard had I lost ALL my U2 files.

:yippie: That IS good news indeed.

I know JT Bono is NOT your fave....but how can you deny this face?

6657347581_223c3ba929_o.jpg

I sure as hell couldn't resist this...:cute:. I want to hug him.

Yeah. That's right. Hug him :shifty:.

The hoody:

bonoshorthaircannesblueedunhoody5-0.jpg

bonoshorthaircannesblueedunhoody25-.jpg

bonoshorthaircannesblueedunhoody35-.jpg

bonoaliafrica2buthabuthebig5-06.jpg

i still wear mine all the time because it's sooo soft. :drool: Gg I think you said yours finally got too ratty? Actually I have both the green and the blue now because Chelsea had the blue one and gave hers to me after a few years. I wear them both a lot now.

:sad: Yeah, which SUCKED because it was So comfy. But I didn't throw it out, couldn't do that. So I still have it but can barely wear it as it's very thin and worn. :reject: Guess I've worn it too often when I got it.

But there are few things to discuss on a U2 forum more interesting than Bono's hair! : p

Yes it was Vertigo Bono that pulled me in, but not because of U2. I know it's really weird but I got into the whole U2 fandom thing backwards. I started noticing and following Bono's charity and political work in 2005, ok and also his sexiness and general charisma. : shifty: I remember buying magazines and reading interviews and stuff just for him, and not even recognizing many of the song names that would get mentioned if they weren't "hits" which were the only U2 songs I knew. And I also wasn't even interested in them : reject: just him and what he was doing outside U2. But with the new album it made it hard not to get caught up in his darn band : wink: so I did go out and buy Bomb, and from there I fell fast and hard. : D I know I went about the whole U2 fandom thing totally backwards. : lol: Oh well. But anyway, yes, that's why I'll always have a spot in my : heart: for Vertigo Bono, he finally caught my eye. I think current Bono will always be my #1 though. (And I : love: : drool: the shorter hair.)

LOL, THIS is a great story, comet!!

Cori:
I think the 2010-2011-current look is aces. ACES, JOHNNY! The shorter hair (but not too short, like 2009 ) is working miracles for the man. I think the older he gets, the more it looks like he's trying too hard with longer hair (i.e., most of the Vertigo era, although it got better as that era went along).

Also, how hilarious is it that we refer to Bono's looks as "eras"? : lol:

I TOTALLY agree with this -- i practically fell off a chair (and not in a slidey "oh, yeah".... good way) when I saw his 2009 cut! :no: But 2010-2011 is very, VERY OMG drool-worthy!
Eras! LOL!!!

I was partly similar to you comet....

....while it was the description of the LIVE music first for me first: anthemic with involvement with the audience in Fall 80.....

It was ALSO the interview printed in ?late winter/spring 81 with it's further description of their approach to music PLUS new elements that showed some of their social concerns via lyrics that drew me in more.... plus then hearing IWF and OOC!) I was not that impressed with the rest of the album -tho later began to like Electric Company. But the SIngle was SOOOO Strong asnd their interview comments so interesting and in sync with some of my views that I had to keep them in my sights.

There was no lust factor of any kind for ANY of them for a few years until I saw the Macy's Dune Windows with the ?"Paul Adrais" fully-black body-suited Character, and the trailers on TV. Dec 84 After a while I began to wonder :hmm: WHY am I attracted to this character visually??? I wasn't that gung-ho on the Dune series...

... it finally dawned on me...whaaaa........ huh? :huh: PA (character) looks somewhat like.... Bono???!!?? And I was like "oh...?!? am I becoming attracted to him? :)lol:)
So by now this was sometime 1985. UF (84) did not get to me as much as War did. War was what I thought was their Break-Through Album. There were a few songs on UF that certainly did get me!

SO i didn't turn away from them, BUT I had also gotten involved Stars Wars after seeing ESB re-released in the year before Return of the Jedi came out. I started drawing a lot of stuff on my own -a prequel comic book, single drawing etc and THEN I began to find real printed SF Media Fanzines (SW in particular) at a professional SF con in summer 86 - which I had no idea existed, and later way more at Philly Con (a 50th anniversary Con for Philly in SF)

With Fan Artists who illustrated the FF Zine stories !!!!! :ohmy: :hyper::hyper: Happy-:panic:

THEN :heart: JT came out and I saw JT Bono - I went from some attraction to *THUD!!!!!!* (as *waves* *hug* Our Wild would say :wink: ) ! LOL

IF I was not going to my :hyper: First MEdia Zine Con in Michigan ( Media-west) for the Memorial Day weekend --- I was soooooo nervous and sooooooo excited----- I am almost sure I would have tired to see JT U2 more than once! I would have tried for Philly, ?Con, Maryland - all places My sis and I and some friends saw The Who /or Bruce/E ST in earlier on! As it was I and friends longer-time U2 fans (80/81) got SHUT OUT of their JT MSG gig and only saw them from behind the stage seats in Long Island. So maybe I wouldn't have had too much luck in that endeavor anyway!

SO thats when the lust factor really kicked in for me. :D

flybabe:
Are we sharing stories as to how we got into U2? :ohmy:

They all end with spending more money than is socially acceptable on tickets, travel, hotel and merchandise. :lol:

:lol:

:hmm: Now, IF B,E,A, & L were four totally inseperateable guys in a Sports Team we all loved - they played so magically well together that in their contracts: we are all One - we only go along together.....
..... :giggle: it wouldn't be such a problem then, would it!? :lol: :wink:

I think I shared this months ago - but I loved U2 since I heard Surrender the spring on 1983. I thought Bono was cute in 1984 UF era, but my friend made me take Edge (not sure why she loved John Taylor). Eventually she didn't care and I got Bono in 1987 when my obsession EXPLODED like Aqua Net tossed into a fire. I saw 3 times during Zoo. No times during Pop (still really bummed about that). There's no go to album - I guess if there were it'd be AB or JT. There are songs that I never get tired off. Lately my iPod keeps playing the 1983 live version of An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart. I never thought I'd hear that live.

:lmao:

:ohmy: 3 Zoo TV shows near :faint: jealous

:hug:

I was lucky my friend let me pay her back when one of their friends gave their ticket up! SO i at least got to see one Z TV show from wayyyy up 8 rows from the top and 3/4's way back in the I was still in major underpaid-under-working recession mode ( that recession lasted longer in the NYC area :( )

and oh yeaaaahhhhhhhhhh -Surrender :hi5: *thud*!

Aand now my HD is nearly completely full again. :lol: And I even freed more disk space by partitioning as much to Windows as I could.

Guess the folder of unresized digicam photos will have to go. As will the bootleg cds and dvds. :sad: off to the external HD for them.

Well it was to be expected. I only have 200 gigs now. :reject: And my folders are about 180 gigs in total. And yes. At least 110 of that is my u2 folder. The rest is misc music, photos and videogames. Then there's the other folder with music ripped from my cds... that should be pretty big too. :uhoh: Hoarder pretty much?

Now the audio/video folder will be 25 gigs. :lol: I'm excluding all bootlegs, TV Gaga and the videoclips folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom