PGP: U2 Dry Spells Suck HARD :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug::heart::wave:

G'night! Love you all!

(please don't disown me for my love of WWE! it's a weakness I've had for 15 years... :reject:)

Perish the thought! If you enjoy it, fine by me :up:. My mom's watching "Jerry Springer" right now, and I watch "Judge Judy" and all those other court shows on a regular basis, so, hey...

(I also watch a LOT of true crime shows. They're disturbing as hell, but man, are they also incredibly intriguing)

Some people have been making me feel old lately, too. Ergh. That's a strange feeling.

Sweet dreams :wave:!

ooo WWE, used to watch it when Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant were there, like zillion yers ago, damn I´m getting old :lol:

We wrestled outside with friends and my friend was always Hulk so I lost everytime :lol::D:hug:

ah memory lane again :cute:

Well, to be fair, you're pregnant. :wink: Pregnant women are supposed to take it easy!

Oh, I know...I just also know that there are TONS of things to do still. So far today I feel a bit less tired. Maybe I just needed a 'lazy day' yesterday. And I did manage a trip to the store last night when Mr CK came home. We needed a few groceries and ended up treating ourselves to frozen pizzas & cheddar/bacon potato skins so no-one would really have to cook. (Putting pizza in the oven isnt 'really' cooking lol) Costs a lot less to buy in store and make at home than to order from a delivery place so we do that rather than order pizzas.

Cute! My little guy made Lego U2 over winter break too! (and I know the exact lego set you're talking about. How much of a lego geek am I? lol)

Where do you get all your coupons? I usually only find about 2 or 3 for things we actually buy in the Sunday paper. For many things the store brand (Kroger) is cheaper or Frys will be having a markdown sale on it. I almost never pay "full price" for any food item except meat.

I bought myself one of those mini Lego sets as well...to add to the HP Quidditch set and the 'freeing Dobby' set I already own. Do we see a pattern?

And girl, couponing is an art form. I buy multiples of 3 different newspapers in my area, and I use a couple different websites/FB pages to help me match up sales with the coupons I have. We're not brand loyal at all (except in very specific instances) so its easy to stock up on things like pasta, canned veggies, shampoo, TP, etc. And one of my local stores, Giant Eagle, does 'manager specials' on meat if you know what days/times to check, so I rarely pay full-price for meat. I buy it right before or on the 'sell-by' date and freeze it. Since I'm not working (and wont be until FroBaby is of school age to save us childcare costs), this has become my job. I decided to track my weekly spending this year versus my store savings at all the stores I shop at (including Walmart and drugstores), and just last week I saved $164! That's basically 20 hrs of work at the Ohio min. wage!!

And if you watch closely, combining a store sale with coupons can make stuff FREE at times (just pay tax). I highly recommend this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Coupon-Guide-Cutting-Grocery-Bills/dp/1583333681
I borrowed it from my library TWICE and then ended up getting my own. Well worth every cent.

:whistle: I may have to watch The Tudors...I hear Jonathan Rhys Meyers is in it a lot :wink:
I may or may not have rented The Tudors JUST for him... :whistle:

Am I the only one whose mind goes to the gutter when they look at the thread title?:shifty:
Nope. :D :shifty: But that's basically the point most of the time. :wink:

And now its time to see about getting Lil CK on the bus here shortly. Then it's breakfast time for me. Fruit tarts, tea, and a banana. Although now I'm thinking the banana may need sliced in order for me to eat it without giggling. Shouldnt read PLEBA first thing in the am. :crack:

ok, so I'm watching season 1 of The Tudors on Netflix. I have watched this show many, many times before, and there's this one scene that always makes me giggle: it's when Thomas More is bringing the ambassadors from the Holy Roman Emperor to court, they're in this carriage, and he's asking them all this stuff about Charles V. What makes me giggle is the conversation basically boils down to More telling them, "My king is better than yours! :tongue:"

:reject:

Oh, it's an amazing show. You do have to look past the historical inaccuracies, and realize that it was written as a soap opera of sorts, not a historical drama.... that was a big thing with me, being the huge history buff I am. I'm glad I was able to, because it gave me 4 years of television enjoyment.

The reason I started watching, though? Jeremy Northam. Love that man. He's wonderful. :love:

Yeah, I loved The Tudors too. Like Tara said, it's NOT a show you watch to learn accurate history, but it's definitely entertaining. The first few episodes pissed me off at first, because they were SO wrong historically, but then I got over it and enjoyed all the pretty, Charles Brandon (Henry Cavill) in particular. UNF UNF UNF. :combust:

Tudor talk FTW :hyper:

Oh god, how I love that show :drool: I own all the season on dvd and I've watched them many many many times :shifty:

Henry Cavill :combust:

I'm such a Tudor history geek though. I loved it before it became popular with that show. I have so many Tudor history books.

Of course you're studying. No one ever comes on here to procrastinate :wink:

How's you? Any big plans for the weekend?? :sexywink:

WEEKEND? Wow, it's just Tuesday. But considering that I am technically on my Wednesday (meaning this is my third day of working) I'm ready for the weekend. We have a long weekend because of this dude:

U2 - MLK live from Dortmund 1984 - YouTube

U2 - MLK / Pride (In The Name of Love) 1986 - YouTube

No, not Bono...MLK.

But I will be working on Sunday. C'est la vie.

I'm totally not lurking here. I'm studying. Yeah. :shifty: Totally.

Your studying = my cleaning. I'm totally doing that and not lurking here...yep.

And Lil CK is once again making me a proud mama - he's learning about MLK in school and of COURSE he told his teacher "thats the guy from Pride!" Poor teacher didnt know what he was talking about at first lmao!

Of course you're studying. No one ever comes on here to procrastinate :wink:

How's you? Any big plans for the weekend?? :sexywink:

Procrastrinate? Me? Naaaaaah never! :angel:

:lol: Though I have a better feeling about this than ever, for some reason I'm starting to understand the subjects I take, such a change from the last few years!

I got weekend after tonight. :wink: Party all around. Though I got work and meeting Friday I plan to take tomorrow to relax and thursday I'm starting my literature study I was supposed to do in December. :reject: Teacher's not gonna be happy about that. I've been so bloody busy, had no time to read.

And how's life on your side of the pond? :D Cold I bet!

Your studying = my cleaning. I'm totally doing that and not lurking here...yep.

And Lil CK is once again making me a proud mama - he's learning about MLK in school and of COURSE he told his teacher "thats the guy from Pride!" Poor teacher didnt know what he was talking about at first lmao!

:hi5: though I am kinda multitasking. Just.. a wee bit distracted. Ah well, I'll leave for Uni in 45 mins so I can study a bit there.

:cute: Aw, he's such a smart kid. He's educating the teacher on the ways of U2. :wink:

We are all raising smart U2 kids. Grace can tell it's U2 by the singer. "That's Bono," she says. And she knows Edge and Larry too. Poor Adam still gets the shaft. "Who's the other guy?" she asks. We were listening to Elevation on the way to school this morning.

I am jealous. :drool: He is not only talented, but easy on the eyes! :wink:

:yes:

I'll take pics

Procrastrinate? Me? Naaaaaah never! :angel:

:lol: Though I have a better feeling about this than ever, for some reason I'm starting to understand the subjects I take, such a change from the last few years!

I got weekend after tonight. :wink: Party all around. Though I got work and meeting Friday I plan to take tomorrow to relax and thursday I'm starting my literature study I was supposed to do in December. :reject: Teacher's not gonna be happy about that. I've been so bloody busy, had no time to read.

And how's life on your side of the pond? :D Cold I bet!

Partying eh?? Try and stay out of trouble :wink: Good luck with your literature study :hug:

Things are cold over here. It wasn't too bad yesterday but I can almost guarantee that things are gonna get much colder and snowier. It's inevitable in Thunder Bay :rolleyes:

We are all raising smart U2 kids. Grace can tell it's U2 by the singer. "That's Bono," she says. And she knows Edge and Larry too. Poor Adam still gets the shaft. "Who's the other guy?" she asks. We were listening to Elevation on the way to school this morning.
Aw, poor bass man gets no love. :tsk:

:yes:

I'll take pics

Partying eh?? Try and stay out of trouble :wink: Good luck with your literature study :hug:

Things are cold over here. It wasn't too bad yesterday but I can almost guarantee that things are gonna get much colder and snowier. It's inevitable in Thunder Bay :rolleyes:

:lol: Well I was actually going to study, but yeah, perhaps I'll go gaming with some mates instead. Don't know yet, we'll see.
Thanks, it's so stupid that I haven't started yet. It's a very interesting topic that I chose myself(Oncology) and yet I couldn't get myself to start reading! I got 3 big articles to read. :crack: I truly hate reading. Can't they find out something to beam the knowledge up in your mind?

:sad: We have a shite winter sofar. It hasn't dropped below zero even ONCE. Usually around this time it's -10 with snow and ice. Can you send me some of your snow? Pretty please?

:lol: Well I was actually going to study, but yeah, perhaps I'll go gaming with some mates instead. Don't know yet, we'll see.
Thanks, it's so stupid that I haven't started yet. It's a very interesting topic that I chose myself(Oncology) and yet I couldn't get myself to start reading! I got 3 big articles to read. :crack: I truly hate reading. Can't they find out something to beam the knowledge up in your mind?

:sad: We have a shite winter sofar. It hasn't dropped below zero even ONCE. Usually around this time it's -10 with snow and ice. Can you send me some of your snow? Pretty please?

I totally get not wanting to read and do school work. I got in those moods all the time when I was in school. If I get accepted into the education program for next year, I'll be excited to have two placements which means less classroom time. I'd rather be out in the field actually practicing teaching and gaining experience then sitting in a classroom being told how to teach.

How is that a shit winter??? That's a "I'm doing the happy dance every day" winter :cabbagepatch: :wink:

Here's some snow for ya! :shifty:
snow-ball-fight.png

:cute: Aw, he's such a smart kid. He's educating the teacher on the ways of U2. :wink:

Yeah, kindergarten has been fun for him. And for us. :giggle:
He was writing out a setlist on the board during his parent-teacher conference in the fall. And his teacher was like "he's doing that from MEMORY??" :lol:

My little rockstar. Always makin' us proud. :love:

I'll give Adam plenty of love. :shifty: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom