PGP...trying to catch Bono under the mistletoe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dismantled said:

awww thats so great:heart: what kind?

Sami:hug:

:hmm: We're not too sure yet since it's still in the initial planning stages. :lol:

I suggested a golden retriever since they're my brothers favourites, but the downside is they shed 24/7 I gather and my dad gets really sneezy around certain types of dogs. Goldens are my favourite though and they have such a nice temperament.

We've never had a dog before though. Any suggestions? :)

FlyYourKite said:

:hmm: We're not too sure yet since it's still in the initial planning stages. :lol:

I suggested a golden retriever since they're my brothers favourites, but the downside is they shed 24/7 I gather and my dad gets really sneezy around certain types of dogs. Goldens are my favourite though and they have such a nice temperament.

German Shepards and Collies are both wonderful big family dogs :up: :up: very loyal and smart

FlyYourKite said:

non shedding is really nice:up: too bad my dogs shed all the time:angry: if your dad gets sneezy that maybe the way to go.:yes:

we had Collies while growing up...they are real nice..but shed:angry: I have two mixes....they are great:up:

depends on the time commitment..space..etc:yes:

Sad_Girl said:

German Shepards and Collies are both wonderful big family dogs :up: :up: very loyal and smart

my big dog is a german shepard mix :yes: :up:

I always find that the rescued dogs are the most loyal ones, I feel like they know they were rescued :heart:

totally random but my brother is on an 80's music kick, and he's listening to Sister Christian by Night Ranger :lmao: all these songs get stuck in your head!!!

Collies came into my mind as well. :heart: There are so many kinds I'd love to have. I guess it'll come down to what doesn't get my dad going and any kind of dog that's calm and friendly for my brother's sake. Space isn't a problem cause our house is large enough and we have a big backyard. :hmm: There's usually someone always home too cause my mom doesn't work and my dad's retired now.

Hey Weldy! :)

FlyYourKite said:
My parents are thinking of getting a puppy for our family :hyper: :hyper:

It's been on their minds for a little while now, but last night really confirmed things. The people who were having this Christmas party have two dogs and my brother can't get enough of them (dogs in general). He would play with them constantly, follow them around and lay with them when they got tired. They really gravitate towards him and it is a really nice thing to see. I commented on this and my mom said they had been thinking about this for awhile and that it might be really beneficial for him as a sort of pet therapy I suppose.

Puppy! :love:

Awwww, that is so awesome!!! :cute: Kudos to your parents. I'm sure your brother, and your entire family will get a lot of enjoyment from the puppy. :)

sami0201 said:

I always find that the rescued dogs are the most loyal ones, I feel like they know they were rescued :heart:

yes:hyper: they totally do!! Mine are both rescues and so are my moms:heart: they seem so thankful in a way...adopting is a great way to go:up: in my mind the only way...there are SO many wonderful homeless sad pets:sad:

sami0201 said:

totally random but my brother is on an 80's music kick, and he's listening to Sister Christian by Night Ranger :lmao: all these songs get stuck in your head!!!

I agree :yes: both Mixed dogs and rescue dogs are the best. Pure breeds are expensive, and ultimately, in my experience, not as good of pets :shrug: harder to train and to bond with

And yes, Sami, 80's music does get stuck in your head :lmao: it's enough to drive you crazy :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

and Christmas cookies :madspit:
and MnM's :grumpy:
and reeses cup cookies :shifty:
and lasagna :reject:

:lmao: I think I have a hybernation instinct :laugh:

Night Jem :hug: sweet dreams :heart:

Me too on the hibernation thing!! :hyper:

I get cold, and all I want to do is snuggle up under a blanket and sleep. Then I want to eat.

We should make a special society for people who want to live this lifestyle in the winter. :shifty:

VintagePunk said:

I get cold, and all I want to do is snuggle up under a blanket and sleep. Then I want to eat.

We should make a special society for people who want to live this lifestyle in the winter. :shifty:

Definitely :yes:

and I have a suspicion that Bono would join our society :shh: :lol:

FlyYourKite said:

I :love: Alfie:cute: but Staffy's are alot of hard work.Can be really naughty sometimes :sigh:

My sister called to say her dog's(Rickie - Alfie's big brother) mating resulted in 6 healthy puppies today, 4 girls and 2 boys :cute:

I say go for something like a GR.

VintagePunk said:

hey, where can I sign up for that?

SG, Bono would def join......the man likes to eat!
He's my hero...........

FlyYourKite said:

I have a black lab, and she's the best! :love: Like other large breeds mentioned, they're intelligent, loyal, and protective. :heart:

There are a few things to keep in mind though. They can be extremely willful when they're young, and they need firmness, or they'll try to get away with murder. :yikes: (Not literally, of course :lol: ) But they definitely need a lot of training and attention. The other thing is the shedding. Dog hair is the bane of my existance. :sigh: There are several times a year when we could make an entire new dog from the fur that comes off of her. :|

greeneyedgirl said:

hey, where can I sign up for that?

SG, Bono would def join......the man likes to eat!
He's my hero...........

Adam might join, too :hmm: especially if we have the finest foods and silky sheets and big fluffy blankets... :shifty:

VintagePunk said:

I have a black lab, and she's the best! :love: Like other large breeds mentioned, they're intelligent, loyal, and protective. :heart:

There are a few things to keep in mind though. They can be extremely willful when they're young, and they need firmness, or they'll try to get away with murder. :yikes: (Not literally, of course :lol: ) But they definitely need a lot of training and attention. The other thing is the shedding. Dog hair is the bane of my existance. :sigh: There are several times a year when we could make an entire new dog from the fur that comes off of her. :|

:lmao: We joke everytime we have to pick up cat hair from the carpet and especially when we vaccuum,
that Sassy has had a litter of little fuzzy cotton balls :laugh:

VintagePunk said:

:yes: My friend has a chocolate lab and she finds fur in her food all the time. :lol: :yikes:

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will take it all into consideration and pass it on to my parents. :)

Back
Top Bottom