PGP : The boys have given us a mighty fine 360° ride?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be able to party it up really good, now I can't. :sigh: :lol: I like going to bed at a reasonable hour and getting lots of rest. :wink:

Have fun and safe travels to all who are going to Moncton! :hug:

I had to go to Costco today to pick up some pictures I'd ordered online, and they were having a sale on Clamato juice. It was really really cheap, so now I have tons of it, and will be able to make myself Caesar's as much as I want. :drool:

I also stopped at the key place and got my snapped one replaced in just a few minutes for just $2. WOO! I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm sure it will be fine. :)

I had to go to Costco today to pick up some pictures I'd ordered online, and they were having a sale on Clamato juice. It was really really cheap, so now I have tons of it, and will be able to make myself Caesar's as much as I want. :drool:

I also stopped at the key place and got my snapped one replaced in just a few minutes for just $2. WOO! I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm sure it will be fine. :)

Yeah, I could not believe when I read that you've gotten to your age without having had a Caesar before! :ohmy: Do me proud and have lots to make up for time lost. ;)

Yay for the new key! I read that this morning and thought "poor Thora, sounds like something that would happen to me." :lol: I need a new lock, my door lock has bent my key a bit. :uhoh:

Oh, for you old timers...just talked to my sister. My mom had her six month check-up with her oncologist today. Felt horrible, first appointment of hers that I've missed. But my sister told me he was SO happy, said her bloodwork numbers were better than they've ever been, and told her that whatever she's doing, to keep it up. YAY! :happy:

Yeah, I could not believe when I read that you've gotten to your age without having had a Caesar before! :ohmy: Do me proud and have lots to make up for time lost. ;)

Yay for the new key! I read that this morning and thought "poor Thora, sounds like something that would happen to me." :lol: I need a new lock, my door lock has bent my key a bit. :uhoh:

I know! I'm definitely making up for lost time now. :wink: I'm onto #2 for the evening already. :lol:

I couldn't believe it broke. :der: :lol: Thankfully they're super cheap to replace. I'd never had to have a key made before, so I didn't realize how cheap they were - I was expecting it to be like $15 or something. :) Hopefully yours doesn't break!

Oh, for you old timers...just talked to my sister. My mom had her six month check-up with her oncologist today. Felt horrible, first appointment of hers that I've missed. But my sister told me he was SO happy, said her bloodwork numbers were better than they've ever been, and told her that whatever she's doing, to keep it up. YAY! :happy:

Oh, that's great news! :) :hug:

Yay! Happy dance time!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I know! I'm definitely making up for lost time now. :wink: I'm onto #2 for the evening already. :lol:

I couldn't believe it broke. :der: :lol: Thankfully they're super cheap to replace. I'd never had to have a key made before, so I didn't realize how cheap they were - I was expecting it to be like $15 or something. :) Hopefully yours doesn't break!

:lol: I've broken keys in locks before. Luckily it came out. But yeah, they're not expensive to make at all. It's when they get stuck and you need to call a locksmith it gets expensive.

Oh, that's great news! :) :hug:

Thanks! :hug: So happy. She seems really happy and much more sociable at her new place. The other place was "nicer" but the people seemed kinda snotty, to be honest. This place seems homier, and the people are friendlier. Her room here is a lot smaller, but in a way, I think that may be good. At the other place, her room was like 350 square feet, so it was almost like having her own small apartment. Now with a smaller room, she's almost forced to go out and mingle with other people, instead of isolating herself.

I also feel horrible that I hardly see her these days. It went from daily or several times a week to...brief visits once every few weeks. I just don't have time anymore. Still adjusting to that. :( But this weekend is a long weekend, so I'm going to see if she wants to come to my place for an afternoon/evening.

:lol: I've broken keys in locks before. Luckily it came out. But yeah, they're not expensive to make at all. It's when they get stuck and you need to call a locksmith it gets expensive.

Thanks! :hug: So happy. She seems really happy and much more sociable at her new place. The other place was "nicer" but the people seemed kinda snotty, to be honest. This place seems homier, and the people are friendlier. Her room here is a lot smaller, but in a way, I think that may be good. At the other place, her room was like 350 square feet, so it was almost like having her own small apartment. Now with a smaller room, she's almost forced to go out and mingle with other people, instead of isolating herself.

I also feel horrible that I hardly see her these days. It went from daily or several times a week to...brief visits once every few weeks. I just don't have time anymore. Still adjusting to that. :( But this weekend is a long weekend, so I'm going to see if she wants to come to my place for an afternoon/evening.

Yeah, I was happy I could pry the other half out of the lock. That would NOT have been good if I hadn't been able to get that out. :uhoh:

That's great! I hope she understands that you're busy with work now - not really anything that can be done about that. Hopefully you'll be able to get together this weekend.

I'm debating what to make for dinner tonight. :hmm: I could make a chicken noodle soup, fish & chips, a salad, or cereal. :lol:

Yeah, I was happy I could pry the other half out of the lock. That would NOT have been good if I hadn't been able to get that out. :uhoh:

That's great! I hope she understands that you're busy with work now - not really anything that can be done about that. Hopefully you'll be able to get together this weekend.

I'm debating what to make for dinner tonight. :hmm: I could make a chicken noodle soup, fish & chips, a salad, or cereal. :lol:

Yeah, she understands. :) Every time I talk to her, she wants to hear all about my job, how I like it, etc. :) I just hate that it has to be this way now. I'm so used to being so involved.

I stuck some pasta I'd frozen (Cori's pasta in foil!) into the microwave. I'll have it when I'm done my drink. Hell, another drink can't make me feel any worse than I felt today. :|

I can't imagine what it is like knowing your daughter is on a date! Just another thing I get to look forward to!

I can't imagine what it is like knowing your daughter is on a date! Just another thing I get to look forward to!

Aw, I'll help you through it when it's your turn! :hug:

It's terrifying and exciting. :lol:

She's stuck in this social circle where all the guys she knows are platonic brother types. Her two male roommates, for example. So her and her two female roommates decided to expand their horizons and put up profiles on OK Cupid a few weeks ago. She's talked to a few guys through there, but only this one has sparked her interest, and from what she knows of him, he seems awesome. She's cautiously optimistic, and I'm thrilled (and scared shitless) for her!

He asked her if she'd rather go for drinks or coffee. She's not a huge drinker, so she said coffee. In his favour, he chose a swanky cafe. And they both admitted to being terrified, so that's good.

WHY ISN'T SHE TEXTING ME???? :scream: :lol:

When she was on her way to the date, I told her that this is kind of awesome, I don't have to go through the hassle of meeting men and dating, I can date vicariously through her. :lol:

She isn't texting you because she is having too much fun. If there was a problem, you'd know right away!:hug:

Omg. :lmao: I just got what I assume was a group text, probably to me and her roommates:

"To update everyone who might care - it's going so awesomely and I haven't been murdered! Don't text back right now, though."

:lol:

But how do I know he didn't grab her phone and text that out to everyone, to fool us. :shifty:

:wink:

i should text back anyway. Her crazy mother is part of the deal, he's going to have to get used to me eventually anyway. :wink:

Better to weed out the weak who can't deal with me early on... :lol:

Aww, that's cute! :love:

Drink #3. Good lord. At this point I'm gonna be toasted by the time my dinner's cooked (decided to make chicken noodle soup). Easy and tasty, ftw! :)

VP - good luck with your mom and Sarah's date.

I am having an all time shitty night. On the way to pick up my daughter, I clipped a woman who was in the crosswalk. I had the green, she was walking against the light, she was in my blindspot. My right bumper bumped her. I felt terrible. The one witness said he didn't think I hit her. She said her hip hurt and she did go to the hospital. I had to call daycare and tell them I'd be late. I was shaking and wanted to cry, but I still had to be a mom. If it wasn't bad enough....my husband was pissed. He had a bad week at work and he was angry with me. He still is. He will not even look at me. He keeps going on how we're going to be sued.....and I feel like crap. I hurt someone and I have fucked our lives. I should be excited/nervous about Moncton and I'm having a hard time being excited about it. :sad:

Aww, that's cute! :love:

Drink #3. Good lord. At this point I'm gonna be toasted by the time my dinner's cooked (decided to make chicken noodle soup). Easy and tasty, ftw! :)

You're hardcore! i'm just starting my 3rd now, and you're 3 hours behind me! :bow:

Oh, I'd be texting!:shifty:

Don't encourage me! :lol: Crap. I'm grabbing my phone...

VP - good luck with your mom and Sarah's date.

I am having an all time shitty night. On the way to pick up my daughter, I clipped a woman who was in the crosswalk. I had the green, she was walking against the light, she was in my blindspot. My right bumper bumped her. I felt terrible. The one witness said he didn't think I hit her. She said her hip hurt and she did go to the hospital. I had to call daycare and tell them I'd be late. I was shaking and wanted to cry, but I still had to be a mom. If it wasn't bad enough....my husband was pissed. He had a bad week at work and he was angry with me. He still is. He will not even look at me. He keeps going on how we're going to be sued.....and I feel like crap. I hurt someone and I have fucked our lives. I should be excited/nervous about Moncton and I'm having a hard time being excited about it. :sad:

I'm so sorry to hear about that!! :hug: :hug: That sucks big time. At least you have the witness. And the woman's story sounds like BS to me. If you hit her hard enough to hurt immediately, you'd know. If you just tapped her, which it sounds like you did at worse, i doubt she'd be in pain that quickly, that's the sort of thing you don't feel till a day or two later.

:hug: Go and try to enjoy yourself. Worst case scenario, she gets away with it and your insurance will cover it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom