PGP : The boys have given us a mighty fine 360° ride?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, and now I'm checking out the Royal Shakespeare Company's site - their education dept is FAN FUCKING TASTIC!!!! Why didn't I think of them before? I'm currently drafting an email to them too, to see if I can work them into my grant proposal :hyper:

BTW - awesome infinity!!!

So totally off the subject: I had an amazing meeting today with a guy who's doing this Shakespeare project - it's EXACTLY what I want to do - forever - for my life. I wanted to laugh and cry and orgasm all at once! He said he'd try to work me into the project somehow. Then he says "What can I do for you?" I told him what I want to do and he says "It sounds like you should be the Director of Education for a theatre company" which is EXACTLY what I want to do (and ironically, it's his job - LOL). He then agreed to be my mentor basically and help me take some steps to getting said job in the next few years. Kinda peed my pants! :hyper: :love: :hyper:

oh, and now I'm checking out the Royal Shakespeare Company's site - their education dept is FAN FUCKING TASTIC!!!! Why didn't I think of them before? I'm currently drafting an email to them too, to see if I can work them into my grant proposal :hyper:

Very exciting stuff! :hi5: Congrats!! :hug:

Shit shit shit. I was just going to put the cat inside (my landlords are away right now, and I'm taking care of their cat), and the key broke in the fucking lock as I was attempting to open the door. :huh: I managed to get the broken part out, but obviously this is not going to work. Is such a thing easy to fix? If I took it to a key place, will they be able to salvage it? It's not a huge crisis, as the cat normally spends all day outside, and just the night inside, so it'll be fine for tonight. I think. Fuck. I know I have the phone number for one of their kids around here somewhere, so I can always call them tomorrow at some point. Grrrr.

It's not really a huge crisis, I'm just pissed off that a fucking key BROKE. Those fuckers are supposed to be indestructible, right? :huh: Hopefully I can get it fixed or get a new one made tomorrow. The cat's gonna have to sleep outside tonight, though. Hopefully it will be okay. Bleargh.

Zooey, sounds like you had an awesome night!:up:

Cori, good luck with the tent!:hug:

Well, I'll have IT then!:shifty:

It is great to find something that would let you follow your passion, and someone who is willing to mentor you!:hyper:

Oh, and I love my job. Nothing is sweeter when you are having a bad day than having 2 and 3 year olds jump up and down at the sight of you because they missed you! Toddler cuddles ftw!:love:

Okay, thanks to Google, I now know that I should be able to get the key copied with no problems, since I have both pieces. There's a locksmith in my city that I'll be able to get to if I leave work early tomorrow. Phew. :)

Well, I'll have IT then!:shifty:

It is great to find something that would let you follow your passion, and someone who is willing to mentor you!:hyper:

Oh, and I love my job. Nothing is sweeter when you are having a bad day than having 2 and 3 year olds jump up and down at the sight of you because they missed you! Toddler cuddles ftw!:love:

My baby boy just had a bad dream and I got to go into his room and comfort and snuggle him. Doesn't happen too much anymore, now that he's all big.

My baby boy just had a bad dream and I got to go into his room and comfort and snuggle him. Doesn't happen too much anymore, now that he's all big.

My boy is still a cuddler, which is funny, because he is so big! They grow up way too fast!:sad:

:hug::hug::hug:

I look back at videos and pics and can't believe they are so grown up!:sad:

Oh hey, I just found the three other metal stakes! I don't know that it will work, but I guess I just have to bring it, and if it can't be put together, I guess I'm sleeping in the car. :shrug:

There are threads for each show that are called setlist parties. People talk about the show (and other stuff), post pictures of the show as it's happening, and occasionally there's a live feed that someone finds a link to. They used to be awesome during the Vertigo tour, but I've barely participated for this tour.
Thanks for explaining that.... I always wondered what the hell you guys were talking about, but I didn't wanna ask because then you'd all think I'm stupid or something.... :reject:

:hyper:

@Thora. I went back to look at one of the Montreal setlist parties and was kinda skeezed out. And then the only post I saw him make tonight was just vile. So... that was the end of that.

@Tara, a setlist party is a thread that follows the set as it's happening on the night of a show. Someone follows twitter or gets texts from someone at the show and posts the songs as they're played. Sometimes we get a live audio feed of the show, or ppl post video from the show. Lila scours the internet for pics as they're tweeted or posted. It can be kinda fun.

So totally off the subject: I had an amazing meeting today with a guy who's doing this Shakespeare project - it's EXACTLY what I want to do - forever - for my life. I wanted to laugh and cry and orgasm all at once! He said he'd try to work me into the project somehow. Then he says "What can I do for you?" I told him what I want to do and he says "It sounds like you should be the Director of Education for a theatre company" which is EXACTLY what I want to do (and ironically, it's his job - LOL). He then agreed to be my mentor basically and help me take some steps to getting said job in the next few years. Kinda peed my pants! :hyper: :love: :hyper:
Thanks.

And, YAY ABOUT STUFF! :hyper:

:silent:

How 'bout a hug instead? :hug:

:faint:

Sorry I didn't reply for so long... ran away to watch "From Dusk 'Til Dawn."

GREATEST. MOVIE. of the day.

Thanks for explaining that.... I always wondered what the hell you guys were talking about, but I didn't wanna ask because then you'd all think I'm stupid or something.... :reject:

You're welcome! And never feel like you're asking a dumb question in here! :hug:

OMG, thanks for posting that Lila. :love: Fuck. The room got a little dusty there at the end. :shifty: Only one more show. :( Sadness, I haz it. :sad:

okay, um, wow. I was all "Tour's over. They played some song. I don't care." Then I started watching that vid. I almost cried. Can't imagine if I was there.

Okay, honest question, asking out of curiosity about comparing experiences: do you guys actually cry that often at shows, or watching videos of shows? I'm never sure if you are actually shedding tears, or making an exaggeration for internet effect? (Sorry if I'm a terrible person for even thinking that.)

I've teared up once or twice at shows (usually during Streets), but I admit I'm more likely to only cry out of sorrow or frustration than out of sheer joy ... which is I guess what you guys are conveying with your tears?

I'll be curious to see what kind of reaction I have to the final show. If I cry, though, it might be from sheer exhaustion by that point. :lol:

You're welcome! And never feel like you're asking a dumb question in here! :hug:

OMG, thanks for posting that Lila. :love: Fuck. The room got a little dusty there at the end. :shifty: Only one more show. :( Sadness, I haz it. :sad:
:hug:

okay, um, wow. I was all "Tour's over. They played some song. I don't care." Then I started watching that vid. I almost cried. Can't imagine if I was there.
:hug:

Okay, honest question: do you guys actually cry that often at shows, or watching videos of shows?

I've teared up once or twice (usually during Streets), but I admit I'm more likely to only cry out of sorrow or frustration than out of sheer joy ... which is I guess what you guys are conveying with your tears?

I'll be curious to see what kind of reaction I have to the final show. If I cry, though, it might be from sheer exhaustion by that point. :lol:

Um.... I've never cried about music.... except for once when I was 7 or 8. Long story, but it involves Sea World (the one in San Antonio), Styx, and Shamu.

I have, however, cried several times at movies.

Cori, I cried like a baby the first time I saw Streets from the pit in Winnipeg, and cried for Hallejuah (sp) when he first sung it in Montreal. I cried when Montreal 2 was over, because that show was so much fun. I also cried during Stuck(which I never do) when he dedicated it to Amy Winehouse(wtf??) At the end of Beautiful Day, I tear up when he says the "Tell my wife I love her very much" part.

I sound like such a baby!:lol:

Nah - obviously everyone reacts differently to various things. I was just curious. :)

Oh, I cry at movies all the time. I'm a sap when it comes to some things, no matter how cheesy, but even though music is the most amazing thing in the world, it rarely makes me cry.

With the exception of some classical choral pieces - I've been known to be moved to tears by a few pieces. So there's that. :hmm:

But yeah, even U2, one of my favorite things in the world? Rarely.

Cori, awesome question. I cried during Walk On at the Rose Bowl and, like 3 times at Montreal 2, but part of that I chalk up to sheer exhaustion. But yeah, actual tears. No noise or anything weird like that, but tears fo sho.

I also cried during Fix You at Coldplay (b/c of a pretty severe memory thing)

Nah - obviously everyone reacts differently to various things. I was just curious. :)

Oh, I cry at movies all the time. I'm a sap when it comes to some things, no matter how cheesy, but even though music is the most amazing thing in the world, it rarely makes me cry.

With the exception of some classical choral pieces - I've been known to be moved to tears by a few pieces. So there's that. :hmm:

But yeah, even U2, one of my favorite things in the world? Rarely.

I agree with everything you said, but especially the red parts.

I am fairly certain I will cry at the first U2 concert I ever go to.... hopefully my parents aren't there. I'd never hear the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom