PGP: Take me higher!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Molly! :hug:
Don't worry about Monday, I'm halfway through it and it's not that bad :wink:

I have no idea what's even up for nomination in the Oscars this year... the only film I've seen for a year was that James Bond one (which was pretty cool). :reject:

I started to watch the Oscars but I got bored after about a half hour. short attention span and all that :reject:

I hope that little girl won for Little Miss Sunshine, she was so cute! I love that movie so much.

Ok, I looked up the list of winners, and she didn't win, but that's ok. I'm really happy for Martin Scorcese that he won, and The Departed won! He should have had an Oscar long ago. :up:

Last edited:
love2bmama said:
hey Ali! My favorite Melbournian! :hug:

I was actually just thinking that a few minutes ago, that you and Fiona (and a lot of other people, lol) are pretty much through the worst of Monday, and I'm still here dreading it. Not fair!

:lol: And you're my favourite Portlandian... :wink:

Well, look at it this way... it's still the weekend for you, savour it! :D

I generally can't stand watching awards ceremonies... At least things like the Oscars and Grammys are usually more entertaining than the Brownlow Medal... :yuck: Who wants to sit around watching retired footballers reel off a year's worth of votes for hours on end??

love2bmama said:
I started to watch the Oscars but I got bored after about a half hour. short attention span and all that :reject:

I hope that little girl won for Little Miss Sunshine, she was so cute! I love that movie so much.

Ok, I looked up the list of winners, and she didn't win, but that's ok. I'm really happy for Martin Scorcese that he won, and The Departed won! He should have had an Oscar long ago. :up:

Same with me....same with me. Marty is such a good director!

love2bmama said:

I was actually just thinking that a few minutes ago, that you and Fiona (and a lot of other people, lol) are pretty much through the worst of Monday, and I'm still here dreading it. Not fair!

hey molly, i'm not too bad - have today and tomorrow of college. there's some orientation camp that we're supposed to go on, but i'm being naughty and ditching it cos it's the same old stuff year after year :yawn: :ohmy: plus i hate getting stuck in cabins with 18 year olds who don't ever stop talking AND i like my own bed!!

so yeah, the "worst" of monday has actually been pretty good - just to make you feel better :wink:

good to know, Fiona! If only I could fast forward through tomorrow...:hmm:

I have to take a test at work tomorrow morning, some certification thing, so I'm kind of dreading that. Was supposed to do it on Friday but the scheduling got pushed back. Doh! I'll just be glad when I have that over with. Tests are NOT my favorite thing. :madspit:

Weldy, The Departed isn't nearly as gory as GONY, that one was :yikes:
It might have been a little predictable, I hadn't really paid attention to what the plot was supposed to be about before I watched it so I didn't have any preconceived ideas of what would happen. :shrug:

love2bmama said:
good to know, Fiona! If only I could fast forward through tomorrow...:hmm:

I have to take a test at work tomorrow morning, some certification thing, so I'm kind of dreading that. Was supposed to do it on Friday but the scheduling got pushed back. Doh! I'll just be glad when I have that over with. Tests are NOT my favorite thing. :madspit:

if i could avoid tests of any kind i'd be a happy camper, but i'm sure you'll do well :D

love2bmama said:
what is that, the Brownlow Medal? Sounds like fun. :tsk:

I didn't want to hurt Fiona's feelings by saying you were my favorite Australian, so you were defautled to Melbournian. :shh: Melbournite? Melbourner?

The Brownlow is the annual Best and Fairest medal for Aussie Rules football... the only reason anyone actually watches it is to see what the footballer's wives are wearing, I think! :rolleyes:

I usually refer to myself as a Melbournite, but lots of people say Melbournian too, it's not a big deal :wink:

:yes: Ali, you are a bad u2 fan and your punishment is to learn the bass part for 40. I figure it must be pretty hard if Adam still doesn't know it after all these years. :wink:
Let that be a lesson to you, next time one of our boys writes a song that's nominated for an Oscar you are required by u2 fan law to watch said movie. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom