PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was 30K Dazz. :applaud: Here's some Zoo Bono Edge buds for U :D

bononedgechampagnesmile.jpg

edgenbonozoobudsfx.jpg

bononedgelovezootv.jpg

bonoedgeabsweetmoroccoAC1991.jpg

edgeshirtlessbonozoobw.jpg

bonoedgewave.jpg

:lol::lol:

I see I now am officially a Blue Craic Supplier!:applaud:
I wondered when that (appalation) kicked in!

OK sloppy speech time ( off-the-cuff) : D

Well .... Big :hug:sss to all my friends here and hearty :wave: to the many more acquaintences here and around I-Land!

We've often had a hell of a good time together :up: ... esp as I wandered in to what was becoming The PGP back then.... you know, old-skool tme! :D Started off by the hijackingof other threads into PLEBA-ish meanderings and rambunctiousness by the "nortorious" and hilarious duo of Bri (Brightest Star) & Dis (Dismantled) who were quickly joined by VP, Wild, jemma, dg, Drea, Sad Girl, gg (not GG), _____ ( I can see her face/met her 2005.... username began with "R"?.... she trained Canadian Mounties on horses in ? Kentucky was an ?anthropologist.... I got there just before the end of March (it started ? some time in Feb).... And so many funny jokes about going over the line over months and a few years..... So it was all these people and a few more within a year or less ....like Diane L, jobob, weldy....

Then we had a big second influx of people who stayed still here or for a long time about ? 2 +yrs in or so ....zu, Russty, ali, our Bionic Kiwi ______, Reggo ......... GG either joined around the end of this or later......
i think cori starting wandering in here soon before
....when our third big wave happened.... ryancoke, Grace, MTE, comet ( around in other threads , as cori was also)........
Tara & JJ came in somwhat later.....

NO INSULTS or SLIGHTS intended if i forgot your name, or when you joined in here..... :reject: and now several more names are just floating out of reach!

Anyway what a usually fabulous, funny, and drooly time we've had. Other good times have been sharing other parts of our lives, various interests etc. And then there were/have been all the times you've gotten me through terrible times :hug:ssss so many for me within a spate of years (06, 07 then 08 - 12). Your thoughts, prayers, good wishes, good luck, neo-pagan dances ... all helped me cope and usually get to put one foot in front of the other. I've usually done my best to be the virtual shoulder to you as well.

And in the more positive side of experiences being a cheerleader for me and I to you (s)!

Here's :beer::cocktail: to at least another great album, fantastic tour and all the fun and wonderful music, silliness here and meeting ups where/when ever on tour for as many of us as possible! (Start your lottery tix buying NAO! ) LOL

dazzy :D

Congrats and nice speech Dazz. :D Although I actually was in PGP way back for a while many years ago, 2006 ish ?? I don't remember, but then I disappeared for a few years :reject: before I came back regularly again later. I guess there was one of those lulls when I wandered away for awhile, and others did too. Oh well! Hopefully more of us will get to have some meet ups next tour! :D

thanks!

ah, well 2006 is when me, my sis and my mom were ( bas it turned out happily erroneously) in early Spring or so for about 3 weeks told my dad had only x months or less to live because they thought he had an aortic aneurism and all the possibiulties of surgery or not, affairs in order ( he already lost much of his abilty to retain coinversation beyond ? 8 mins or so by then) and one of my roommates weas getting more nasty, one other major change...... so i don't remember :der: but thanks for setting the timing right! :)

Ali...I like your sig picture. Even though I don't watch Dr. Who...I find that pic to be very :cute:.

Kittens are always adorable... Kittens + Dr Who is a guaranteed winner. :D

In one of the episodes, I realized that a phrase I though Cori had made up to describe how we feel when we see a particularly hot pic of one of the guys was actually a quote from Firefly! I felt like such a dork!

I had that exact same realisation the last time I watched Firefly, last year... :der: I'd seen it before that but had forgotten that line.

I loved the entire show and every character on it! :love:

Well said! :applaud:

Let me link the trailer here for you. I have yet to see it on TV. I'm afraid when I see it, I will let out a yelp and my husband will know of my new obsession.

Hadn't seen that trailer until now... Once again the bad guy in an American film is British. :wink: Certainly looks interesting, although I don't like the chances of that bunch of redshirts with guns. *L*

Here's :beer::cocktail: to at least another great album, fantastic tour and all the fun and wonderful music, silliness here and meeting ups where/when ever on tour for as many of us as possible! (Start your lottery tix buying NAO! ) LOL

dazzy :D

Happy belated/extended Birthday, Dazz, and congrats on the 30k and a wonderful speech! The PGP wouldn't be the same place without your creativity and compassion. :hug:

No worries, I didn't join the PGP until some time in 2007... I hadn't visited the site at all for several years prior to that, but the Vertigo shows I saw at the end of '06 re-kindled my fandom in a big way. :D

How are you today, Dazz?

:hyper: hi ali! aaaawww thanks! :hug: How are you? Good i hope!

oh so is your hair what around 1 - 2 inches noow?

i think i pointed the phrase out (or i lost that post)because i caught it earlier while reading up on FF on Wiki to see if it was the show (turned out to be the tie-up-loose-ends movie Sertenity) .
they listed what were either "chapters" or titles for musical pieces.....i saw

"In My Bunk" listed! :lol::lol::lol:

thanks!

ah, well 2006 is when me, my sis and my mom were ( bas it turned out happily erroneously) in early Spring or so for about 3 weeks told my dad had only x months or less to live because they thought he had an aortic aneurism and all the possibiulties of surgery or not, affairs in order ( he already lost much of his abilty to retain coinversation beyond ? 8 mins or so by then) and one of my roommates weas getting more nasty, one other major change...... so i don't remember :der: but thanks for setting the timing right! :)

Well it could have been 2007 for me, honestly I have no clue, but i DO remember your roommate troubles!

:wave: Ali

I also was spending time in both PGP and the BRI threads :shifty: I think so I could be mixing some of them up too, tho I know I was in PGP earlier. :hmm:

pretty good ali....

my sdis and will go eat yummy Spanish food for my BD din.... movie, the desert!

Cooking up a special art project. Learning to slowly use Oil Pastels as and adult, trainedc artist.... using top quality ones on top quality paper. Only way to truely tell if they havev a "professional" future wsith me! Investedc ? 175$ or so between mostly the OP's, stuff to drsaw them on :lol: and some other tools to blend, texture etc

your Fall is comingf on you, while our Spring iss juuust beginning!

I saw tiny green tips of forthysia buds just opening !!!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Some weather computer models are predicting 10-12 inches of snow t6his Mon for our area! :no:!!!!!!!

hopely much less!

:hyper: hi ali! aaaawww thanks! :hug: How are you? Good i hope!

oh so is your hair what around 1 - 2 inches noow?

i think i pointed the phrase out (or i lost that post)because i caught it earlier while reading up on FF on Wiki to see if it was the show (turned out to be the tie-up-loose-ends movie Sertenity) .
they listed what were either "chapters" or titles for musical pieces.....i saw

"In My Bunk" listed! :lol::lol::lol:

Haha, awesome!

My hair is nowhere near that long... it was shaved down to a #1 buzz cut a week ago (that's about 3mm... or really really short in Imperial measurements), it's not much longer now. ;)

I dunno what the guy thought who came to the door today to do a survey... I answered the door at midday in my pyjamas, fluffy purple slippers, and TARDIS-themed dressing gown, and have practically no hair. *L*

I'm pretty good other than suffering from a cold head. :wink: Still waiting to hear about whether work will let me take time off in November for a trip I was planning to the UK, but we'll see.

I also was spending time in both PGP and the BRI threads :shifty: I think so I could be mixing some of them up too, tho I know I was in PGP earlier. :hmm:

Hey Comet! How's you?

I entered the BRI thing fairly late, I think... just long enough to get a title and have a bit of a laugh before it all sort of faded away. Those were good times though... :lol:

Well it could have been 2007 for me, honestly I have no clue, but i DO remember your roommate troubles!

:lol: yeah, i remember the BRI thread! :lol: i was in thwere too, once in awhile....... my computer net acess was much less, more hsphazard back then! I'll bet I saw you in the BRI thread first.

my idea of waves of new people into PGP seemed to occur 2 years apart or so!

pretty good ali....

my sdis and will go eat yummy Spanish food for my BD din.... movie, the desert!

Cooking up a special art project. Learning to slowly use Oil Pastels as and adult, trainedc artist.... using top quality ones on top quality paper. Only way to truely tell if they havev a "professional" future wsith me! Investedc ? 175$ or so between mostly the OP's, stuff to drsaw them on :lol: and some other tools to blend, texture etc

your Fall is comingf on you, while our Spring iss juuust beginning!

I saw tiny green tips of forthysia buds just opening !!!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Some weather computer models are predicting 10-12 inches of snow t6his Mon for our area! :no:!!!!!!!

hopely much less!

Nice! I don't know much about Spanish food besides chorizo and paella... sounds like a good night though. :up:

Pastels sound like fun... I used them a little bit in art class many years ago... very messy. :D

Yeah, the days are getting shorter and the temp is dropping... and there were some bad storms over the last couple of days, even a tornado in a rural area! They're very rare in Aus, it's always in the news if one happens. Fortunately no one was killed.

I already miss summer... but I'm a huge wuss about cold weather. Even though it never gets *really* cold here... :reject:

Ali I could have sworn you were one of the first BRIers! Shows how good my memory is, not!! :lol:

Dazz I was trying to find the big size of your avi pic and I couldn't find it to post it, damn! I'm so unorganized!

And I cant remember if I've mentioned it here yet or not, but I have just moved back home so I'm really happy right now, though still abit frazzled with still lots of moving type stuff going on. My mom is doing well and happy in her new assisted living place, so it's good. :)

niot sure post went through

:lol: what a sight, ali! :giggle:

wow i thought it'd been over a month altready! When i get stuck with extra-stressed out "project" my time sense can fluctuate!:huh:

yeah i rtemember you talking about a trip@! :fingers-crossed: tyou can get the right time window!!

:wave: hi ms purrl you know you're always welcome

COMET>>>
yes you were telling us oh ?last week you were just back home. So glad you're feeling happier again!

very happy to hear that your mom is doing well in her new assisted-living place! :hug:
it's such a (usually) intense experience!

I don't come here often enough to feel like "one of the gang." :reject: But I do enjoy reading about everyone's goings-on. :hug:

Oh you're an old-timer. No worries. :wink: :D I go through phases where I don't pop in often too. It's all good. I know when I had a huge break from here I hardly knew anyone new who'd joined and I felt like a newcomer all over again.

Ali I could have sworn you were one of the first BRIers! Shows how good my memory is, not!! :lol:

Dazz I was trying to find the big size of your avi pic and I couldn't find it to post it, damn! I'm so unorganized!

And I cant remember if I've mentioned it here yet or not, but I have just moved back home so I'm really happy right now, though still abit frazzled with still lots of moving type stuff going on. My mom is doing well and happy in her new assisted living place, so it's good. :)

Er... you might be right, my memory isn't the best either. *L* When did the BRI start? Maybe I'm muddling it up with how I arrived in the PGP "late".

I might have that pic too, but my photos are the very definition of disorganisement. Which is now a totally legit word.

Glad to hear your mum's happy! It so often seems to be the case that people have trouble adapting to new living arrangements.

I don't come here often enough to feel like "one of the gang." :reject: But I do enjoy reading about everyone's goings-on. :hug:

I'm hardly a regular any more, I'm not likely to get all elitist... :) :hug:

niot sure post went through

:lol: what a sight, ali! :giggle:

wow i thought it'd been over a month altready! When i get stuck with extra-stressed out "project" my time sense can fluctuate!:huh:

yeah i rtemember you talking about a trip@! :fingers-crossed: tyou can get the right time window!!

To quote Kermit the Frog, Time's fun when you're having flies... :wink:

He didn't seem fazed, I guess these door-knockers see scarier things. *L*

Thanks!! I've got just about everything crossed, it's making it tricky to drive. :giggle:

Ali>>>

yikes on your storms!

oh yeah... Tornadoes! :yikes::yikes:

in our area tri-state area NYC, north NJ, Conn
(once every 10 or more yrs apart) but now they seem to be happened more in past ?5 yrs! :ohmy::sad::ohmy: like several within the past ?4+ years!:no: :crack::crack:

We are sooooooo NOT used to this and it always is in our front pages and a few pages inside too!

Back
Top Bottom