Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:21 PM

for you & your friend, Thora.

For you & your sister, Grace.

And another you, tara & your mom.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #122
Blue Crack Supplier

so leather and brass for your holster, zu?

Old 03-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #123
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
I'm on drink #3 of the night, and am already having trouble typing and am feeling light headed. I've become such a lightweight.

This morning was amazing - the sun was (and still is!) shining, I was having a good hair day, and I got some incredibly exciting news (details to come shortly, hopefully!), and then it all went to shit. A friend's mom died, so that has just been so horrible. She's been fighting cancer for the past while and succumbed to it today, and my heart is just broken for the family. So I drink.
So sorry to hear that. Sometimes it's good to numb yourself a bit I guess.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 03-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
I'm on drink #3 of the night, and am already having trouble typing and am feeling light headed. I've become such a lightweight.

This morning was amazing - the sun was (and still is!) shining, I was having a good hair day, and I got some incredibly exciting news (details to come shortly, hopefully!), and then it all went to shit. A friend's mom died, so that has just been so horrible. She's been fighting cancer for the past while and succumbed to it today, and my heart is just broken for the family. So I drink.
I was all ready to write a "yay drunk Thora" post and then I read the rest of it. Bummer. Fuck Cancer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post

You made that? Really? That makes it even more awesome! *wants to make an Assassin's Creed costume*
Thanks! like I said, it needs more but I like it and I think it's flattering. I have a hat and I want goggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
I'm sorry to hear that Thora. That's very tough. My sister found something on her back that they need to examine more closely next week.
I need to go to the dermo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
so leather and brass for your holster, zu?
Yeah, I have the actually holster, and yes it's leather and uses brass brads to hold it together (rather than sewing it) but I just don't quite know how to attach it to my costume yet.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #125
Blue Crack Supplier

Thank you all
Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #126
Blue Crack Supplier

cool, zu have more fun with it
Old 03-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuropa_fit View Post
Thanks! like I said, it needs more but I like it and I think it's flattering. I have a hat and I want goggles.
Goggles are awesome! What kind of hat? *loves hats*

I still want to make an Assassin's Creed-style costume... just to wear. No one I know will go to a convention with me, and I'd be too nervous to show up alone. Even if the "Doctor Who" people were in attendance
Old 03-29-2013, 11:32 PM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Ok, the lack of new U2 in my life has reached the critical point.

I'm now looking up Doctor Who audiobooks featuring the adventures of the Eighth Doctor. And all the audio-exclusive ones for the Tenth Doctor.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:46 AM   #129
Blue Crack Supplier

I heard that the guy who plays The Governor on "The Walking Dead" is going to be the next Dr. Who. Don't know if that's true or not.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:00 AM   #130
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
I heard that the guy who plays The Governor on "The Walking Dead" is going to be the next Dr. Who. Don't know if that's true or not.
Hmm... I don't think so... but he already has played the Dr. once, in a Christmas special.

(I could be wrong about future Dr.s though of course! But isn't Matt Smith still the current Dr. with no immediate plans on it changing yet? )
Old 03-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
I think I heard something like that but in past tense on Talking Dead when he was a guest (the actor playing the Governor...can't spell his name correctly right now.)
Old 03-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #132
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
s to all who need it right now.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

David Morrissey.

He played the Doctor in the 2008 Christmas special.... sort of. It's kinda complicated and you'd have to watch the episode to understand. (that's my way of saying I suck at explaining )

And, as far as I know, Matt Smith is contracted through 2014. And, with the way the actors have been going on this show, I bet the next Doctor is gonna be a 15 year old kid.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #134
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:21 AM
Quote:
Yup. But I love the busyness. It keeps my days interesting, and time just flies. Hard to believe I've been working for almost 9 months now. I should find out sometime in the next 3 months if the woman I replaced on maternity leave is coming back or not. I've done a good job of not worrying about it, but now that time is starting to run out, I'll admit I'm getting a bit stressed. I don't want to go through the job search crap again. I really hope that she either won't come back, or that there will be a way for me to stay on at the company, as I really enjoy being there. We'll see.
Wow, that time has flown! I hope you can stay on, one way or another. Job seeking sucks.

Quote:
Well, Seattle's out of the question for next weekend now. Oh well. I should have thought about it sooner, and started to make plans more in advance, as all my friends and family don't have room at their houses for me to stay, or are out of town/too busy. Hopefully I'll find something interesting to do around here, but if not, a few days off with nothing to do and nowhere to go sounds kinda nice.
I dunno if I'm just getting old, or even lazier, but I love days off with nothing to do. *L*

Quote:
Oooh, where would you be going in November? Is that Dragon-Con time? I forget when that is... I love living vicariously through others' travel plans.
I'd like to visit the UK in November, for friend-visiting and geek-related purposes. I've been invited to a 50th birthday in Scotland (Doctor Who-themed), and other friends go to a tiny convention in Plymouth at that time of year and they've asked me along if I'm in the country. It's got 300 attendees compared to 50,000+ that go to Dragon Con (which happens late Aug or early Sept), so that will be a big difference!

I'd think twice about going to Dragon Con again... it's enormous amounts of fun but there are SO MANY people that go now, trying to move around in the middle of the day is very difficult. And last time I hardly went to any panels, I just wanted to catch up with my friends (which is most of the reason I went anyway). If I do go again, it will be part of a longer trip - last time I only spent four days there and went home again, which was fairly insane.

Quote:
That's so cool! I think when I was living in New Mexico, they filmed a movie in Albuquerque near where I lived, but they never said anything about it....
They filmed part of Ghost Rider (I think that's what it was called - Nicholas Cage was in it) in Melbourne a number of years ago... a few streets were blocked off in the city, near where I worked, and a bunch of others were dressed up to look like Boston. It was pretty neat but I never saw any filming done, I think it was all happening at night.

I dunno why it was easier for them to fly everyone to Australia to pretend Melbourne was Boston than just filming it in Boston. *L*

Quote:
Oh no, I'm sorry... that's always awful.

Quote:
David Morrissey.

He played the Doctor in the 2008 Christmas special.... sort of. It's kinda complicated and you'd have to watch the episode to understand. (that's my way of saying I suck at explaining )

And, as far as I know, Matt Smith is contracted through 2014. And, with the way the actors have been going on this show, I bet the next Doctor is gonna be a 15 year old kid.
Basically he got zapped in the head with a Cyber-Thing and thought he was the Doctor but really he wasn't... or something. *L*

Gods, I hope they don't go any younger with the next one, who- and when-ever that may be... I think they were going to go with someone a bit older after Mr Tennant left, but Matt Smith's audition impressed them so much they just went "bugger it, we don't care how young he is".

And to think people thought Tom Baker was too young at 40 when he took the role...
Old 03-31-2013, 12:19 AM   #135
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:21 AM
Oh yeah I forgot about the part where he wasn't the real Dr.

Tags
#slow day, adam, bono&booze&edgeontheside, edge, happy birthday bono, larry, pgp, u2 where are you?