PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I look forward to the end of next month, when they show one of his stories.

Jon Pertwee is weird, though. :ohmy: I like him and all, but I find him a little weird. And, as the Doctor, his reaction to seeing himself in a mirror for the first time since his regeneration was pretty damn giggly. And I do enjoy the Nestene Consciousness.... and UNIT. They're both turning out to be much more fun than I thought :giggle:.

I kinda know what you mean... have you been watching them in chronological (or Doctor) order? I think Pertwee was a bit more like the First Doctor than the Second was (in that he was older and a bit sharper sometimes, at least). I haven't seen many First Doctor stories yet though.

I haven't watched Jon Pertwee's first story yet either... :reject: It is fun watching those ones though, for the different reactions. I've just bought The War Games so I'm looking forward to the Time Lord action therein.

It's the same with Mel Gibson. I think he's a terrific actor. As a person... I refuse to comment. :reject:

Yeah, I know what you mean there too. :slant: I saw a doco about Hamlet (with David Tennant presenting, tee hee), and remembered the Hamlet Mel Gibson did a while back (20 years ago?!)... we watched it in school and I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't cool to enjoy Shakespeare at school, but then I never was one of the cool kids. :D

:lol: THe cat's face!!! Awesome.

I love the way its ears are so far back but it's still drinking... :lol:

Things have calmed down here.... for now.

:hug: Sorry there is strife at home... I'm sure it's the last thing you need. I hope things stay as calm as they can... I'm fortunate in that my parents never split up, but sometimes there were some epic shouting matches and I wondered if they would. It pretty much sucks all round. :hug:

I understand Tara :hug:

I'm glad things have sorta calmed down a bit.

Yea, me too. :hug:

I kinda know what you mean... have you been watching them in chronological (or Doctor) order? I think Pertwee was a bit more like the First Doctor than the Second was (in that he was older and a bit sharper sometimes, at least). I haven't seen many First Doctor stories yet though.
Yea, I am... at least, as much as I'm able to. Whatever the channel here will show, and that's just the specials at the end of each month.

I've only seen the one First Doctor story they showed on BBCAmerica. I think it was called "The Aztecs."

And, I'm fairly certain I've seen part of "The Trial of a Time Lord." But that was so long ago that I don't really remember anything, except an extremely curly-haired Doctor in brightly colored clothes. It kinda freaked me out, to be honest.... the clothing, I mean. :lol::reject:

I agree with you there. Pertwee was a lot more like the First, but less grumpy. :lol: I really did enjoy the special they showed featuring him. As of right now, he may be my favorite classic Doctor.

I haven't watched Jon Pertwee's first story yet either... : reject: It is fun watching those ones though, for the different reactions. I've just bought The War Games so I'm looking forward to the Time Lord action therein.
I can't wait until I'm able to start buying the classic Who on dvd. Along with new copies of the new Who.

So much time traveling will drive me insane. :reject: ... but in a good way.

Yeah, I know what you mean there too. :slant: I saw a doco about Hamlet (with David Tennant presenting, tee hee), and remembered the Hamlet Mel Gibson did a while back (20 years ago?!)... we watched it in school and I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't cool to enjoy Shakespeare at school, but then I never was one of the cool kids. :D
OMG, was it really that long ago? :faint: I can actually remember when that first came out....

I was never one of the cool kids. I like Shakespeare, I like reading, and I really don't like being singled out in a crowd.

I used to have the dvd of David as Hamlet, and, along with all the other dvds I used have, it um... well, it was lost. (that's the easiest explanation)

:hug : Sorry there is strife at home... I'm sure it's the last thing you need. I hope things stay as calm as they can... I'm fortunate in that my parents never split up, but sometimes there were some epic shouting matches and I wondered if they would. It pretty much sucks all round. :hug:
:hug: Thanks.

My mom did explain things to me while we were on our way to the store this afternoon, and they're not splitting up. Not yet, at any rate. And my dad has been behaving himself the past day and a half. So who knows? Maybe that little talk they had did help. :shrug:

I've only seen the one First Doctor story they showed on BBCAmerica. I think it was called "The Aztecs."

And, I'm fairly certain I've seen part of "The Trial of a Time Lord." But that was so long ago that I don't really remember anything, except an extremely curly-haired Doctor in brightly colored clothes. It kinda freaked me out, to be honest.... the clothing, I mean. :lol::reject:

I've only seen the first three First Doctor stories - An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, and Edge of Destruction. It was pretty interesting to see how the Daleks were first portrayed.

Trial of a Time Lord is the Sixth Doctor, Colin Baker... I have that one but haven't watched it yet. The series was starting to struggle in the '80s, and I think his ridiculous costume didn't help... *L* Apparently the actor wanted an all-black costume but the producers decided to go with the clown-explosion instead. :shrug:

I can't wait until I'm able to start buying the classic Who on dvd. Along with new copies of the new Who.

So much time traveling will drive me insane. :reject: ... but in a good way.

I can't wait to see what you think about all these things... :D Yay time travel insanity!

OMG, was it really that long ago? :faint: I can actually remember when that first came out....

I think it must have been fairly new when we watched it at school, but I wasn't really aware of it being released.

And speaking of Mr Gibson, I'm watching Braveheart on TV... I loved that movie. I even bought the soundtrack... :reject:

I remember seeing an interview with Billy Connolly, where he was a bit insulted cos they'd made this film with every Scottish actor in it who could stand up and talk, but they hadn't asked him... :lol:

I was never one of the cool kids. I like Shakespeare, I like reading, and I really don't like being singled out in a crowd.

That's me too. :hi5:

My mom did explain things to me while we were on our way to the store this afternoon, and they're not splitting up. Not yet, at any rate. And my dad has been behaving himself the past day and a half. So who knows? Maybe that little talk they had did help. :shrug:

I hope they can work things out!

I've only seen the first three First Doctor stories - An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, and Edge of Destruction. It was pretty interesting to see how the Daleks were first portrayed.
I love the Daleks. Destructive trash bins. Always awesome :lol:

Trial of a Time Lord is the Sixth Doctor, Colin Baker... I have that one but haven't watched it yet. The series was starting to struggle in the '80s, and I think his ridiculous costume didn't help... *L* Apparently the actor wanted an all-black costume but the producers decided to go with the clown-explosion instead. :shrug:
Ok. I don't know why, but I can never remember Colin's name when I'm talking about that. :reject:

What the hell were they thinking with his costume? I mean, I'm already scared of clowns... and that suit just made it worse. :lol:

I can't wait to see what you think about all these things... :D Yay time travel insanity!
:hyper:

I think it must have been fairly new when we watched it at school, but I wasn't really aware of it being released.

And speaking of Mr Gibson, I'm watching Braveheart on TV... I loved that movie. I even bought the soundtrack... :reject :

I remember seeing an interview with Billy Connolly, where he was a bit insulted cos they'd made this film with every Scottish actor in it who could stand up and talk, but they hadn't asked him... :lol:

Oh, Braveheart is an epic movie. I've loved it from the very first time I watched it. I have a slight crush on Stephen. :shifty: And Tommy Flanagan's character (I can never remember his name :reject:)

Really? I can just hear him being all upset about it. :lol:

That's me too. :hi5:

:hi5:

I hope they can work things out!
Me too.

Superman goes to UK

1PqfLpu.jpg

Why is this a sticky post? :hmm:

I saw that the other day too and was trying to remember if it was new or if I just never noticed before! :lol: Maybe since the other chat thread is stickied a mod decided to do the same with this one? I really don't know. But any case... these should be here. :shifty:

BonoONEBerlin4-8-2013JensKoch1.jpg:original

BonoONEBerlin4-8-2013JensKoch2.jpg:original

BonoONEBerlin4-8-2013JensKoch3.jpg:original

:hmm: Thought I'd drop this by here too.

Then and now 1981-2013 :cute:

Bono1981-2013comet.jpg:original
:cute:

I kinda like that sweater-thing baby!Bono is wearing.... :reject:

I saw that the other day too and was trying to remember if it was new or if I just never noticed before! :lol: Maybe since the other chat thread is stickied a mod decided to do the same with this one? I really don't know. But any case... these should be here. :shifty:

BonoONEBerlin4-8-2013JensKoch1.jpg:original

BonoONEBerlin4-8-2013JensKoch2.jpg:original

BonoONEBerlin4-8-2013JensKoch3.jpg:original

This has officially killed me. :love::drool:

I really like that he's not a rockstar in those photoshoots,meetings and conferences etc. but he still hasn't given up wearing earrings.:yes:And they are a pair this time.:up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom