PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We all know Jj has the biggest archive anyway. :sexywink: show us your archive Jj.

Well now that sounded um different than I intended. :ohmy:

:reject: :lol:

Well now that sounded um different than I intended. :ohmy:

I think you knew EXACTLY what you where doing. No drunktyping in there at all :lmao::wink:

We could do a cuddly baby U2 thread as well....

I just wish that the new album would come about sooner than December :D
Things are so much different right now compared to when a tour is running. I was referring to dettersee or something last, becuase its weird to post so many threads only by one user IMHO.
I understand that she just wants this place to come alive but that is not going to happen anytime soon.:lol:

HA GG, I was right about it not releasing any earlier than December.
Not that you care right now, I'm preparing for drunkposts tonight.

Things are so much different right now compared to when a tour is running. I was referring to dettersee or something last, becuase its weird to post so many threads only by one user IMHO.
I understand that she just wants this place to come alive but that is not going to happen anytime soon.:lol: [\QUOTE]

It's alright, I've given up on this fandom for the most part. I have no hopes for this at the moment. Nor the album. I've moved on with my B.C and other fandoms. Along with tumblr who knew it could be that fun?? I've also started to plan for traveling I have a tendency of going to Africa or Amsterdam for most of the summer. Every now and again Ireland. I also realised how many posts I have posted the other day:ohmy:.:reject: I have 253 (not including this post.:reject:.)
I think I might take a break. Wait until touring season. :reject:

Gg....I give you a mission. I want you to photo shop Bono and Edge holding every fuzzy animal imaginable and post it in there. Kitties, puppies, bunnies, fluffy duckies.....even baby unicorns and narwhal's.

Can I have the link to this incredibleness if it happens/did happen?

And I finally bought an external hard drive so I need to sit and catalog my U2 archives so that they can be easily accessed when needed. *cough TOUR TIME cough*

I

HA GG, I was right about it not releasing any earlier than December.
Not that you care right now, I'm preparing for drunkposts tonight.

Nobody is right yet :wink: Because we still don't know anything for sure!

And my bad, I passed out when I got home at 1pm haha, so no drunkposts were made. Was a load of fun though!

Prepare yourselves for the Epic Multi-quote of Doooom...

Comic-con is madness, but if you're up for madness, it's fun. : wink:

I would like to go to Comic-Con one day, they seem to have dibs on most of the Dr Who people... :wink: Dragon Con was mad the first time I went, and madder the second time... it's almost too big, and apparently Comic Con is even bigger?

Also fan of the original series, and yeah there are some good and some bad things about the reboot. I did think it was pretty clever the way they altered the timeline, so that nothing has really changed that happened in the original series, both timelines are still valid, that was clever! But yeah Spock and Uhura is weird. Everyone knows it was Uhura and Scotty. : wink:
Some of the reboot stuff is really great. I think they cast it very well and these actors are doing a good job capturing what that crew might have been like when they were younger. What ISN'T working for me is the way they are trying to cram in and mirror some incidents and storyline from the OS, that worked for the older, experienced crew that had long friendships and history, that these younger versions just don't have yet. I'd rather see them having different experiences we haven't seen before, rather than the same things the older crew did. It's not making much sense to expect them to act the way older characters did in the OS Star Trek movies (in their forties/fifties), when these characters are all only in their twenties and barely know each other yet.

:reject: And thaT'S MY geek-rant.

That's just about exactly what I thought... I felt really conflicted when I saw it, half of me loved it and thought it was amazing, and other half kept going "Hang on a sec, that doesn't feel right... and that's old!Kirk's line, dammit, and no one else's!"

The woes of an old-skool nitpicker... *L* I would probably have loved it unreservedly if I hadn't seen the original stuff.

But, that cast is amazing. And did any Whovians spot Mickey at the start? Tee hee.

I've decided there reboots are all the same - FANFICTION! JJ didn't create those characters - or at least the main characters. But he took them and had to be true to the original or be flayed by a fandom (which some have anyway). Man of Steel, the Spider-Man movies, Batman......it's all fanfiction.....that they are getting paid for.

Maybe there is hope for me yet.

This is also pretty much exactly my thoughts. :up: :lol:

Gg I was just cracking up on FB because I saw where you had wrote sugarrrrrrrrrrrr in a comment and FB had the popup box that said "see translation". LOL.

"Suikerrrrrrrrrrr"? :wink:

LOL, this is more fun than it should be.

First go to this website: Hacker Typer

Then start typing real fast, just hit keys at random, it doesn't matter, and pretend you're Jack Bauer trying to save the world or something. : lol:

Take your laptop and do this in a public place, and look really worried. : giggle:

Haha, that is awesome! I must do that one day...

*is flailing over Doctor Who lately* I still can't believe I have to wait until November to find out what the hell is going on. : grumpy: : sad: : hyper:
And I just found out that one of my favorite cartoons has been cancelled.... for a second time. : grumpy: : sad:

I know!!! :gah: They're such bastards. Damn you, Moffatt!! :fist:

Boo... which cartoon?

Anyway... I'm jealous of you people getting Muse tours, still waiting for an Antipodean announcement! And congrats/good luck to people incubating future U2 fans or getting new computers or moving house or getting new jobs or having other exciting things happening. :D

Aaaand I got approval at work to take my leave in November! Which means the UK trip is go, woohoo!! :hyper: I've got most of it worked out, staying with friends and stuff, and I'm 100% determined to visit certain chocolate shops in Switzerland on the way home. You know, since I'll be in the area...

I finally got my UK passport too, so I'll be travelling as a Brit. :D Yay shorter queues in the airport?

Nearly forgot... Has anyone from here added me on FB recently? I have a friend request with some mutual friends from here but I don't know who it is... :reject: Feel free to PM or message me, I'm happy to add interference folks but I kinda like knowing who they are... :wink:

This is also pretty much exactly my thoughts. :up: :lol:

Does this mean that someday I might be able to convince JKR to let me do a series of HP movies from Draco Malfoy's perspective with a new cast? :shifty: :reject: Not that I don't love and worship the current ones, but I'd love to explore all 7 years from Draco's pov.

Oh, btw...speaking of future U2 fans, Lil' CK told me the other night as I was putting him to bed that he wants another baby. He wants a little brother. I laughed and told him it doesn't work that way...he might get two sisters. (Not that we're having any more kids, mind you. I've got my boy and my girl and I am so done. Unless certain Irishmen or certain Direction boys ask. Then I'm open for suggestions. :sexywink: )

Does this mean that someday I might be able to convince JKR to let me do a series of HP movies from Draco Malfoy's perspective with a new cast? :shifty: :reject: Not that I don't love and worship the current ones, but I'd love to explore all 7 years from Draco's pov.

That would depend entirely on Ms Rowling! It's a pretty cool idea though, I'd watch those. And I'd much rather you did that than a certain author re-wrote all of a certain vampire-related series of books from a certain other character's point of view.
(Sorry Twilight fans - I read them, and I'm not a fan. :reject: )

Oh, btw...speaking of future U2 fans, Lil' CK told me the other night as I was putting him to bed that he wants another baby. He wants a little brother. I laughed and told him it doesn't work that way...he might get two sisters. (Not that we're having any more kids, mind you. I've got my boy and my girl and I am so done. Unless certain Irishmen or certain Direction boys ask. Then I'm open for suggestions. :sexywink: )

Haha... although if those certain Irishmen or Direction boys were so dead set on you having more kids, they can pay for 24-hour child care, right? :D

:D Impressed at your Dutch vocabulary Ali! Ha. It'll be fun to see ya again, man I can hardly believe it's been four years!!!! :hug:

:D Impressed at your Dutch vocabulary Ali! Ha. It'll be fun to see ya again, man I can hardly believe it's been four years!!!! :hug:

*closes google translate page* ... :whistle:

My phrasebook is at work, but I'll be practising!

Likewise! :hug: It'll be more than four years by the time November gets here... :waiting:

Also can't wait for that chocolate... shall I pick you up some? :drool:

I was in a writing class with a girl who was doing that from Snape's POV. Her writing was easily equal to Rowlings- not hard to do- and it's fun to think of hearing the stories from someone with a more complex emotional life than Harry. I think you should do it for the fanfiction communities!

I would like to go to Comic-Con one day, they seem to have dibs on most of the Dr Who people... :wink: Dragon Con was mad the first time I went, and madder the second time... it's almost too big, and apparently Comic Con is even bigger?

Epic Multi-quote of Doooom... :applaud:

Comic-con is huuuuuge. Almost too big. It takes over not only the ginormous San Diego Convention Center which is ginormous, but spills over into surrounding hotels, and areas of downtown San Diego. It's one of those you could never see all that you wanted to in a week type things so you have to just pick and choose, then deal with the lines from the 89th circle of Hell. :wink: In fact I think I'm done with lines. I've done them for many years and I think my old body will from now on reserve sleeping on a cement ground for 8 hours to the really important stuff like U2. :crazy: These days I prefer just to walk around and do my own thing and people watch, shop, etc.
But the buzz in and around SD's downtown gaslamp quarter is super awesome fun, and there are celebs just everywhere, walking down streets, in and out of surrounding hotels etc. It's fun. Attendance hits over 130,000 tho so be warned. :crack:

Nearly forgot... Has anyone from here added me on FB recently? I have a friend request with some mutual friends from here but I don't know who it is... :reject: Feel free to PM or message me, I'm happy to add interference folks but I kinda like knowing who they are... :wink:

Not me, we're already friends. :cute:

Oh and :hmm: ok :love:

Bonohairnleather6-5-2013Forbes400ConferenceNYC.jpg~original

That would depend entirely on Ms Rowling! It's a pretty cool idea though, I'd watch those. And I'd much rather you did that than a certain author re-wrote all of a certain vampire-related series of books from a certain other character's point of view.
(Sorry Twilight fans - I read them, and I'm not a fan. :reject: )

Haha... although if those certain Irishmen or Direction boys were so dead set on you having more kids, they can pay for 24-hour child care, right? :D

I'm not a fan of Twi either. Read the books and realized I'd read better fanfics than that. Refused to ever see any of the films. *shudder*

And yeah, child care would have to be in any babymaking equations for Irishmen or Direction boys.

Really meaty version of JT Edge :lol: WOW.

Sidenote: Twilight is not great. I agree. Tried a book and a movie. Both where appalling (?) Is how you call it right?.
Before I type appealing with my stupid Dutch thoughts.

Comic-con is huuuuuge. Almost too big. It takes over not only the ginormous San Diego Convention Center which is ginormous, but spills over into surrounding hotels, and areas of downtown San Diego. It's one of those you could never see all that you wanted to in a week type things so you have to just pick and choose, then deal with the lines from the 89th circle of Hell. :wink: In fact I think I'm done with lines. I've done them for many years and I think my old body will from now on reserve sleeping on a cement ground for 8 hours to the really important stuff like U2. : crazy: These days I prefer just to walk around and do my own thing and people watch, shop, etc.
But the buzz in and around SD's downtown gaslamp quarter is super awesome fun, and there are celebs just everywhere, walking down streets, in and out of surrounding hotels etc. It's fun. Attendance hits over 130,000 tho so be warned. : crack:

Woah... I dunno how many people were at Dragon*Con last time I went (2011), but the number 50,000+ is floating around in my head. It doesn't have a proper convention centre, but just every large hotel in the area, which really isn't enough, even when they add new hotels every year.

I lined up for what seemed like ages at the time to see some of the TNG Trek crew in 2007... that was pretty cool, but when I heard William Shatner was going to be there in 2011, I just thought that I couldn't face the epic line that would no doubt be in place to see him. He'd been in Australia not long before, but I hadn't heard about it until afterwards. :grumpy: I didn't see any famous-person panels in 2011, I just hung out with my friends and the Brit Media crowd mostly (aka the Whovians). ;)

Not me, we're already friends. :cute:

:love: :wink:

Okay I have no idea if this link will work here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...60023129.49859.234067266690105&type=1&theater

I saw this on FB, and I thought, is that plump Joshua Tree Edge in that picture?? :ohmy::hmm:

Woah, it really looks like it, doesn't it! :lol:

i was by electric ladyland studio last fri or sat

did I seeeee them????

nooooooo

:angry:: angry::angry:

Aww, bad luck Dazz! Maybe next time...

At least you live somewhere they go more often than every 8 years or something. :wink:

Woah... I dunno how many people were at Dragon*Con last time I went (2011), but the number 50,000+ is floating around in my head. It doesn't have a proper convention centre, but just every large hotel in the area, which really isn't enough, even when they add new hotels every year.

I lined up for what seemed like ages at the time to see some of the TNG Trek crew in 2007... that was pretty cool, but when I heard William Shatner was going to be there in 2011, I just thought that I couldn't face the epic line that would no doubt be in place to see him. He'd been in Australia not long before, but I hadn't heard about it until afterwards. :grumpy: I didn't see any famous-person panels in 2011, I just hung out with my friends and the Brit Media crowd mostly (aka the Whovians). ;)

:love: :wink:

Woah, it really looks like it, doesn't it! :lol:

Aww, bad luck Dazz! Maybe next time...

At least you live somewhere they go more often than every 8 years or something. :wink:

I've never met William Shatner, but I went to a tiny movie premiere at a movie festival once for a movie he made and was in. He was there and sat a few seats away from me. That's all. LOL. :reject:

*closes google translate page* ... :whistle:

My phrasebook is at work, but I'll be practising!

Likewise! :hug: It'll be more than four years by the time November gets here... :waiting:

Also can't wait for that chocolate... shall I pick you up some? :drool:

You're going to Switzerland before Dutchieland? If so YES! YES! YESSSSS :drool: the dark choc with cranberries was the awesomest one if I remember correctly.

Gotta love having a shiny new computer with 3 computer users in the house...there is now a 'line' of stuff everyone wants to do today. I wanted to sit and print coupons as well as brag about my weekly Target trip on FB, Lil' CK wants me to make him a Queen mix cd, and Mr. CK wants to upload the Brad Paisley 'Wheelhouse' cd to the computer so he can load it to his phone. :doh:

I know!!! :gah: They're such bastards. Damn you, Moffatt!! :fist:

Boo... which cartoon?

Moffatt! :fist:

Futurama. Though, Matt and David (the creators/developers) are said to be looking at other options for the show's continuation.

Gotta love having a shiny new computer with 3 computer users in the house...there is now a 'line' of stuff everyone wants to do today. I wanted to sit and print coupons as well as brag about my weekly Target trip on FB, Lil' CK wants me to make him a Queen mix cd, and Mr. CK wants to upload the Brad Paisley 'Wheelhouse' cd to the computer so he can load it to his phone. :doh:

Lil' CK has amazing taste in music.

In no small part thanks to his parents, I presume. :shifty:

I've never met William Shatner, but I went to a tiny movie premiere at a movie festival once for a movie he made and was in. He was there and sat a few seats away from me. That's all. LOL. :reject:

You've got a lot closer than I have! *L* I haven't met anyone famous at a convention (or practically anywhere)... I was that close to going up to some of the cast of Farscape in 2007 (they were looking very lonely in the autograph hall) and telling them how good it was to hear some Aussie accents over there, but I chickened out. :reject:

You're going to Switzerland before Dutchieland? If so YES! YES! YESSSSS :drool: the dark choc with cranberries was the awesomest one if I remember correctly.

Yes I am! :D

I don't remember a cranberry one, the dark choc with blackberry was the one I remember the best... :drool: There's a menu thing on their website, I just wish they shipped outside of Switzerland/Germany/somewhere else that isn't Australia.

Merkur Confiserien

Futurama. Though, Matt and David (the creators/developers) are said to be looking at other options for the show's continuation.

What?! Why do they keep cancelling that... grr. (I actually didn't realise it was still being made... oops.)

Lil' CK has amazing taste in music.

In no small part thanks to his parents, I presume. :shifty:

Yep. Every so often he'll like something trendy (Big Time Rush in preschool was one I could have lived without; and he's STILL into that idiotic Gangnam Style song) but that's typical, I suppose. Most of his taste in music comes from what he hears around us, and his daddy and I are very old school for the most part in our music tastes.

On meeting the famous people thing: I once met Buzz Aldrin, but yea... I had no idea who he was at the time. :reject:

What?! Why do they keep cancelling that... grr. (I actually didn't realise it was still being made... oops.)

Yea, Comedy Central bought the rights to it and started airing new seasons back in 2010, but now they've decided to stop.

Boogers. :grumpy:

Yep. Every so often he'll like something trendy (Big Time Rush in preschool was one I could have lived without; and he's STILL into that idiotic Gangnam Style song) but that's typical, I suppose. Most of his taste in music comes from what he hears around us, and his daddy and I are very old school for the most part in our music tastes.

That's what my parents did. Best way to teach a kid about music.

And, I too have slipped from the rock-only thing, but most of my tastes any more run to that end of the spectrum. Even the new bands I get into are more than likely rock or alternative, even metal. :reject:

Not too hard of metal, though. Anything harder than Nightwish usually hurts my head.

Back
Top Bottom