PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was tyhinking of this earlier but arrived home about 20 mins before Once and bc i only have broadcast channels, so don't come in as easily as others...I have to chane the whole postion for a while to get it right so it's pixelates very little etc.

I DID want to wish all Our PGP Moms past & present a

~~~HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!~~~

let's see....
comet, Zu , VP, SG, Grace, uh...?CK, .....

i might have forgotten some :reject:

Thanks, dazz. We had a lovely Mother's Day/my birthday/my nephew's birthday celebration at my sister's house Saturday night. Good people, good food, good times--they do my heart good! :love:

:dance:

2 of my mom's friends (Deann and Lita) stopped by on Monday for a night and a day on their way to New Mexico.

Fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun

I miss them. :sad:

I went to see Star Trek yesterday. Wow,Benedict,wow. That's all.:drool:

You guys are lucky- you have it months earlier that we in the states do. I'll love to see him as a villan because his creepy role in Wreckers was so effing fabulous.

You guys are lucky- you have it months earlier that we in the states do. I'll love to see him as a villan because his creepy role in Wreckers was so effing fabulous.

Saturday night baby. Lux level seats. Going with the husband who has NO CLUE the fangirl level. I am really going to have to control myself. I might implode. It's good for the baby to hear her stepfathers voice before meeting him, right?

But it was just on top. I don't know why he shaves it so close on the sides. Maybe he's growing a skaters bowl cut, you know, to be hip for the kids.

3FqG4GM.jpg

Saturday night baby. Lux level seats. Going with the husband who has NO CLUE the fangirl level. I am really going to have to control myself. I might implode. It's good for the baby to hear her stepfathers voice before meeting him, right?

It's tough to keep the obsessions under cover, isn't it? :reject:

Yeah, it might make it's way out that night since we are seeing the movie with friends - one who knows the level of 'appreciation'. I just don't want to be teased. I just let him keep teasing about Bono because it is easier.

I went to see Star Trek yesterday. Wow,Benedict,wow. That's all.:drool:

LUCKY. I want to see this movie beyond all reasoning.

Unfortunately, am moving next month and must save money. :angry::sad:

:lol:

I saw the new Star Trek yesterday morning. I liked it, it was fun. Had some good laughs in it. There were some things that didn't work unfortunately IMO but in all it was enjoyable. I liked the first one way more though. Oh well!

I know some of you are seeing it mainly for the fangirl aspect though, so you'll most likely enjoy it just fine. :wink:

Funny, I watched the first one this week. It was good, but I felt JJ crammed too much into the first movie. I know he was trying to introduce everyone but it should have been like a 4 hour movie. Nero kind of gets lost in it. I never cared about his intentions much. Also, I would have liked to see Uhura and Spock get together towards the end. It seemed to happen too fast and out of the blue. I guess I understand they needed to show the human side of Spock even before shit hits the fan - but it seemed odd to me.

I've read the actors are great in this one and the storyline has some flaws. It might be possib;e that JJ is better with television because it gives him the time he needs to let things unfold rather than cramming it into 2 hours or so. I liked what I saw of Person of Interest and Fringe. JJ's shows are so hard to keep up with. I managed to keep pace with Revolution so far.

And that is my dissertation on JJ Abrams.

Yeah personally I'd be totally fine if Star Trek was handed off to someone else. I agree with the "cramming" and that's what I felt happened here too. There was no fault to any of the actors, they do their roles quite awesomely in fact. Those are some big footprints to fill when it comes to their character's history. I won't go into anymore details since you all haven't seen it yet who frequent this thread, but there were definitely some things I felt seemed to be rushed into the storyline, that didn't work for me in these young characters. Still, I enjoyed it for the most part. :hmm:

I've heard mixed reviews of the new Trek film... but I'm going to go see it soon and judge for myself. Would like to see Iron Man 3 too, but I'll have to watch Iron Man 2 first I suppose. ;)

I've heard mixed reviews of the new Trek film... but I'm going to go see it soon and judge for myself. Would like to see Iron Man 3 too, but I'll have to watch Iron Man 2 first I suppose. ;)

Actually I'd just skip Iron Man 2 (it sucked!) and see 3. Iron Man 3 was pretty fun! :wink:

Well... I would never tell anyone that really, since we all have different tastes and who knows... you might love it! :wink: But I remember being so disinterested while watching it, that I barely even remember it now except that I didn't like it. So I guess, give it a go since you do have it already, maybe you'll think my opinion sucks! :lol:

I loved Iron Man 2 even though I have not seen it from start to finish. I saw the beginning to the middle - then the middle to the end. Another movie I've seen bits of X-Men Origins. Love me some Fassbender and McAvoy! And Jennifer Lawrence as a young Mystique.

I would probably enjoy ComicCon - I'm a bigger geek than I realized.

I'm kinda interested in Man of Steel. Christopher Nolan might have done it some justice.

Well,about Star Trek. To be honest,I was waiting for this one mainly because of the villain. Tho I'm a huge fan of the original series,I like the idea of rebooting them but the new storyline and especially the Spock Uhura thing doesn't work with me. But if they make more films I won't probably bother to go to cinema,but I will watch it anyway.

I loved Iron Man 2 even though I have not seen it from start to finish. I saw the beginning to the middle - then the middle to the end. Another movie I've seen bits of X-Men Origins. Love me some Fassbender and McAvoy! And Jennifer Lawrence as a young Mystique.

I would probably enjoy ComicCon - I'm a bigger geek than I realized.

I'm kinda interested in Man of Steel. Christopher Nolan might have done it some justice.

X-Men First Class (I think you mean) is fun! I liked it more than the later X-Mens with waaaaaaay too much Halle Berry :yawn: Plus it has the Best Hugh Jackman cameo ever. :D (Origins was the Wolverine movie which I never saw but heard was terrible.)

Comic-con is madness, but if you're up for madness, it's fun. :wink:

And WAY EXCITED for Man of Steel. Should be a good one hopefully. My youngest kid who's a HUGE Superman freak is about to go mental if this movie doesn't come out soon. She knows the comics, movies, etc inside out so she's eagerly awaiting this.

Well,about Star Trek. To be honest,I was waiting for this one mainly because of the villain. Tho I'm a huge fan of the original series,I like the idea of rebooting them but the new storyline and especially the Spock Uhura thing doesn't work with me. But if they make more films I won't probably bother to go to cinema,but I will watch it anyway.

Also fan of the original series, and yeah there are some good and some bad things about the reboot. I did think it was pretty clever the way they altered the timeline, so that nothing has really changed that happened in the original series, both timelines are still valid, that was clever! But yeah Spock and Uhura is weird. Everyone knows it was Uhura and Scotty. :wink:
Some of the reboot stuff is really great. I think they cast it very well and these actors are doing a good job capturing what that crew might have been like when they were younger. What ISN'T working for me is the way they are trying to cram in and mirror some incidents and storyline from the OS, that worked for the older, experienced crew that had long friendships and history, that these younger versions just don't have yet. I'd rather see them having different experiences we haven't seen before, rather than the same things the older crew did. It's not making much sense to expect them to act the way older characters did in the OS Star Trek movies (in their forties/fifties), when these characters are all only in their twenties and barely know each other yet.

:reject: And thaT'S MY geek-rant.

Back
Top Bottom