PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ofcourse not Ali! They're all orange!!! :D

As was the entire country, lmao.

I hope the google satellite takes a pic of the Netherlands this week, so it shows up orange on google maps... :wink:

That is one terrifying bird. :ohmy:

They don't bother me, but I know at least one person who is terrified of them!

:hyper: You must post pictures of this costume when it's finished.
(also, while on a mission to find some cool wallpapers of all 11 versions, I came across this image. Maybe it will help a bit?)

I want to get/make a costume like Ten's brown suit. I love that suit. It is an awesome suit. :D

And, I may or may not be getting this for my birthday in August. :shifty:

Cool, thanks for the link! It will help, thanks. :) I'm still in the googling/browsing stage for most of it... considering I haven't sewn anything more complicated than a cloak for about 20 years, I'm a bit daunted by the prospect of actually making a pair of trousers. And I don't even own a sewing machine... :lol:

I love Ten's costume! And I'm so jealous of your maybe-birthday present... :love: If I thought I could pull off a Ten costume, I would totally get that. I may yet just find a reason to get it anyway, but right now I'm saving money and I already have one Doctor Who-related coat that I don't wear normally.

I found this blog you may find useful - despite the name, this guy is a waaaaay serious costumer and has made his own Ten suit and coat (as well as the Six stuff)...

Making My 6th Doctor Costume

Considering the challenges inherent in making a Six costume, he did an amazing job getting everything exactly right!

I'm in no way that serious... near enough is good enough for me. :D

... Just had a click around that blog and the actual suit making is buried pretty deep... try here:
Making My Tennant Suit

no of course not! i was just makin a joke about those people who believe that!

Oh good, I was hoping Australian documentaries weren't that bad. :wink:

They don't bother me, but I know at least one person who is terrified of them!
I'm not usually scared of birds, but, when I lived in England, there were crows (or ravens, maybe) that were big enough to carry away a toddler. Which, apparently, they did once. And, I remember every Thanksgiving (lived on a military base), they always fought over huge turkey carcasses. Fun! :happy:

Cool, thanks for the link! It will help, thanks. :) I'm still in the googling/browsing stage for most of it... considering I haven't sewn anything more complicated than a cloak for about 20 years, I'm a bit daunted by the prospect of actually making a pair of trousers. And I don't even own a sewing machine... :lol:

I love Ten's costume! And I'm so jealous of your maybe-birthday present... :love: If I thought I could pull off a Ten costume, I would totally get that. I may yet just find a reason to get it anyway, but right now I'm saving money and I already have one Doctor Who-related coat that I don't wear normally.

I found this blog you may find useful - despite the name, this guy is a waaaaay serious costumer and has made his own Ten suit and coat (as well as the Six stuff)...

Making My 6th Doctor Costume

Considering the challenges inherent in making a Six costume, he did an amazing job getting everything exactly right!

I'm in no way that serious... near enough is good enough for me. :D

... Just had a click around that blog and the actual suit making is buried pretty deep... try here:
Making My Tennant Suit

Glad I could help. And thank you for the links! I'm not sure when I'll start on the costume, but I do know I want his brown suit...

It definitely won't be for this Halloween, because I want to be Elwood from the Blues Brothers. (I almost have my brother talked into being Jake). :shifty:

Why? I don't see a problem with it. :wink:

:crack: So, we've had only a few days of beautiful sunny weather, and I've yet another heatstroke. Ffin brilliant.

At least work was nice and cool, lol.

:hug:

I know two girls very afraid of birds. :wink: The parking lot in Montreal was hilarious. I chased the seagulls away for them, lmao.

I know two girls very afraid of birds. :wink: The parking lot in Montreal was hilarious. I chased the seagulls away for them, lmao.

:lol::whistle: Ha that was nice of you. Now if only if my neighbors blasted parrot will leave me alone. My neighbor is a bit:coocoo: Anyone mind making it less sunny in Seattle?? It was 85 blasted degrees. I'm more only mad because I got a sunburn.:sad:

Hey Happy Birthday to Bono. In honor of his 53rd today I'm posting a few old favorites from past threads. Happy 53rd Bono. :D

BonoParis9-20-2010Liberation.jpg~original

BonoshadeslessQ10-2011.jpg~original

BonoAfricaMay2006passport.jpg~original

TIFFFTSDPressToronto9-9-2011Bono.jpg~original

BonofrenchQA10-201114.jpg~original

BonoLAEdunBeverlyHillsCAscarf3-2012.png~original

QAwards10-24-201143thud.jpg~original

GQMOTYcap2.jpg~original

bonobellyjeanspeacehatphone6-24-2006.jpg~original

Is it weird that me and my band got him a cake?? And celebrated his b'day without him? At least it was also the lead singers birthday:D. But the cake said BONO VOX. At least she has a good voice:D

comet :lol: :applaud: B & E partying

sounds fun, detter. :lol: How long have in band in the band and what do you play?

and thanks for the pic spam, comet! :sexywink: At least one i'd never seen before! >clickon&drag!<

The band's about three years old. We play a Lot of U2, Nirvana, beatles etc. The bassist and I had to protest for U2 and nirvana though. My argument was that U2 is awesome and that since Nirvana (or at least Kurt Cobain) is from Seattle we should play songs to remember him and for once it worked. :)

3 yrs.... cool! :applaud:

And good you got choices in there. :D

got a question if I may ask .... (this would tie into a musical question) around what age are you, and your band members ? and then what do you play? guitar, drooms, electric piano??

We are all in our late twenties early thirties I'm the youngest at 29 and The oldest is 33. I am also the lead guitarist and every now and again the bassist. Also I have a feeling what your next question is. We don't do many gigs though. Sadly we all also have jobs and I'm planning on going back to college to get my degree in world history. Instead of American history.

no the question was not that...but sorry to hear you don 't play that much

ah, world history cool! I'm a semi-history buff :)

interested in how people between 20 - to about 40 think about The Beatles....

I'm an original "Beatlemaniac" -as in yeah i went through the stage of at times screaming at their Shea Stadium shows 65 & 66 ( and sometimes screaming through the original release of A Hard Day's Night in the movie theaters! :lol:
And then settled down to a more "Oh, yeah!" R&R type fan with them by the time Revolution & Rubber Soul were out. As same for all other groups (except "The Monkees" in 67, 68?) Altho I never was a screamer for The Who whom I saw from 68 onward.

The Beatles changed America along with those Brits that came them and then the American bands reaction,or new bands forming as counters to "The British Invasion". It was an astonishing time. But The Beatles were the first!

BUT I never let my love for them --- i never put them on such a pedistal -- get in the way of equally (without the screaming :lol:) fiercing loving more bands through the decades: The Who, Springsteen/E St, The Patti Smith Group, Television, U2 and Midnight Oil. Lack of money and often lack of good radio stations (not much on-line acess to radio stations) has prevented me from seeing bands i am interested in later on- part of later 90's till now.

They've been around but i never got to see the Foo-fighters. when i finally found again when I moved to a different burough in NYC ( we got 5 w things often centered in Manhattan) where i could re-get this particulatr college station... i found out a bunch of songs i liked were by TFF!

Different example i sat in the park listening in the distance toThe National playing outdoors Summer Stage in 2007. I lliked them but my sis and our friend didn't ("too dirgey"). I haven't caught them again but pleased to see they've made it into Arena territory! Heard Arcade Fire from outside back in 2007! :)

I only heard about Slater Keaney just as they were (or just had) breaking up. But I did hear about ?Wild Flag. Saw on TV, missed their last tour and keeping my eye out for a outside show whenever they tour next.

While i don't really discuss thismuch with younger U2 fans ( late teen['s/ 20's) ...If your keep your mind/emotions open you'll probably over the decades if your stay a R&R fan you probably find a few other bands you'll love as fiercley.

And that's a very good thing (imho) because it helps keep your passion and energy going since esp live you're cheering and dancing-- good things for ytour mind and body!

The Beatles is definitely one of my favorites but NOT my favorite favorite. I can't really say I have a favorite. I mean I know I don't like music that you hear on the radio stations today. it's to auto tuned and stuff. I mean yes I can admit when I was like 23-25 I did have a minor obsession with the Jonas brothers. But the Who, The strokes, Jason Mraz, Elvis Presley, Elvis Costello,Muse, The Killers, Nirvana, The Last Shadow Puppets and U2.(except I've been a U² fan since ATYCLB came out. Which has a semi interesting background story.) Have always been my favorites. Going back to the Beatles I was thinking back to how my Granny was in love with them. If she has to choose my grandpop or my poppop (great grandfather) over the Beatles she'd choose the Beatles.:lol: Now people like my cousins daughter only knows songs like Yellow Submarine or yesterday. She also knows how to play Blackbird on guitar.(Thanks to me) but she never remembers who it's by. Even though according to her the Beatles are her favorite band. Which I find a bit interesting. :hmm: I've liked the Beatles as long as I can remember. Blackbird was the very first song I learned on guitar. My thing for U2 and the fact I have out a couple fan fictions. is only because I love to write. Okay I'm not be good at it. but I love doing it anyways and I'll do it until I'm banned from writing. The only way you get good at something is the more you do it. Right? It worked for me and guitar.

A very Happy Bday!! :weekend:

bononoguggibeerblackT.jpg~original

B: Yay I got champagne
bonoblackTbeerarmscactus.jpg~original

B: Haha Edge. I've drank 1 1/2 glasses and there nothing you could do.
bonoblackTbeerarmssmile.jpg~original

B: Ali!! Edge stole my champagne
Ali and E::tsk::shame:
bonobirthday5-10-2011mexico2.jpg~original

B:Got to run before the edge sees me.
E to Ali: He does realise I'm right behind him right??

This just randomly popped in to my head.

Back
Top Bottom