PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They crack me up over there. Poncing around talking about how crappy the 2000s were for U2 and they haven't got the stuff anymore, how bad Bono's lyrics have been for the past ten years and how fine they'd be if U2 never put out another record... all while hanging out on a U2 fan board wringing their hands over how long it will be til the next record comes out. Riiiight, guys. You are so too cool to fangirl about anything.
:lol::lol: :up:

well i went in there to say i still like, love many of B's lyrics even :ohmy: the 00's! Defended Edge's guitar work and talked about some fans maybe prefereing big changes eevery record or 2 and others enjoying more subtle variations as well those who like both. :)

ali don't know who this DJ was/is any way and what U2's relationship with him is.

ETA Shoutout to Grace!:wave: :hug:

Zane Lowe used to be an MTV veejay and now works in the UK, I think. He has done a couple of extended interviews with Bono and Edge, including the famous teacup photos and the one with Edge putting cheese under Bono's nose. Also he did the interview immediately following their Glastonbury set. Judging by their body language and the way they talk to him, (esp in the cheese interview) I'm pretty sure they don't care for him much. He's pretty patronizing, borderline insulting to them, IMO, but he's kind of a big deal, so I believe they want him to say good things about their record.

I liked your post over there. Funny isn't it how sometimes you can tell the sex of the poster just by their style of communication? (And yes, I'm guessing you're female) :D

They crack me up over there. Poncing around talking about how crappy the 2000s were for U2 and they haven't got the stuff anymore, how bad Bono's lyrics have been for the past ten years and how fine they'd be if U2 never put out another record... all while hanging out on a U2 fan board wringing their hands over how long it will be til the next record comes out. Riiiight, guys. You are so too cool to fangirl about anything.
:lol:

:D

hey, how are you and your finny friends doing?
Pretty good, though they're a bit shy lately. Haven't had too much time to play tho.

people in WTAHNN are debating whether this Brit? DJ (who can't say who) is talking about hearing/or about to hear new songs from U2..... or not. Lively and funny convo all today

Wasn't it an Irish DJ? The Irish guy that gets their interviews first? Zane lowe or something? :scratch: I do recall he had the first interveiw for NLOTH so it could actually be real. The music premiere will be on RTE2 for sure, in Dave Fannings show as usual.

Birth name
Alexander Zane Reid Lowe

Born
7 August 1973 (age 39)
Auckland, New Zealand

but would say he´s a Brit or a brat ;)

Here's Zane Lowe with Bono and Edge, generally being a knob and pissing them off a little bit. "I mean, you guys really need a producer, don't you?"

I'm not sure but he sounds British.

Apparently that video is blocked in my country due to copyright grounds. Definitely a knob!

Zane Lowe used to be an MTV veejay and now works in the UK, I think. He has done a couple of extended interviews with Bono and Edge, including the famous teacup photos and the one with Edge putting cheese under Bono's nose. Also he did the interview immediately following their Glastonbury set. Judging by their body language and the way they talk to him, (esp in the cheese interview) I'm pretty sure they don't care for him much. He's pretty patronizing, borderline insulting to them, IMO, but he's kind of a big deal, so I believe they want him to say good things about their record.

I liked your post over there. Funny isn't it how sometimes you can tell the sex of the poster just by their style of communication? (And yes, I'm guessing you're female) :D

thanks for the VJ/DJ info, jvy!

What did you "see" that to you meant female ( i am ).
I often write long posts.... and also sometimes write like i am talking.,

thanks for the VJ/DJ info, jvy!

What did you "see" that to you meant female ( i am ).
I often write long posts.... and also sometimes write like i am talking.,

Well, it seems like often the voices I identify as "male" make a lot of unqualified assertions. And sometimes sound like dicks. You know, they say, 'this is the way it is' rather than 'this is what I think or like' and make more judgements when they think others are wrong. Also, I'm more likely to identify as male the voices that I hear talking about how terrible this or that part of a U2 record is, how shitty Pop is, how Bono is fat and so on.

But of course that's not really fair- there's a lot of gender assumptions packed up in my attitude that are not always true. There are some posters who I think are female who still sound like dicks, and many who I think are male and don't. Overall, though, it seems like there's a certain amount of masculine posturing over on ETYKIW that I think is funny.

And interestingly, I think that's exactly the thing U2 doesn't like about Zane Lowe- always trying to demonstrate how in the know he is.

I must have missed the advent of this creep... it's not that pet shop guy?

Boo for creeps... :(

nope it's as Grace lovingly dubbed him Sensei Creepy. My karate teacher who tried to hit on me last year. :crack: By starting conversations on how beautiful I am and how he wanted to take me out to dinner and whatthefucknot. While I used to give him a ride home when I was by car. Well right before summer break I made it clear that our 'relationship' was purely karate and that he was my teacher, so that I wouldn't quite see any purpose in him texting me during the holidays(He actually asked that, wanting to continue texting me. :doh: ). And I thought that was that. Yet he's starting again. Blargh. Asides from the fact that he's in his 40s, married and has a kid, YUGH. It's just wrong.

i think our bionic kiwi - gluey- would want a word or two with you!

:lol::wink:

I'm sure she would! :lol: I was actually kinda hoping that comment would bring her out of the woodwork, if only to tell me off... Alas, it didn't work!

:wave:

damn pheasants woke me up :angry::D

I only get woken up by boring old crows... well, they're technically ravens. Still not as interesting as pheasants. :wink:

nope it's as Grace lovingly dubbed him Sensei Creepy. My karate teacher who tried to hit on me last year. :crack: By starting conversations on how beautiful I am and how he wanted to take me out to dinner and whatthefucknot. While I used to give him a ride home when I was by car. Well right before summer break I made it clear that our 'relationship' was purely karate and that he was my teacher, so that I wouldn't quite see any purpose in him texting me during the holidays(He actually asked that, wanting to continue texting me. :doh: ). And I thought that was that. Yet he's starting again. Blargh. Asides from the fact that he's in his 40s, married and has a kid, YUGH. It's just wrong.

Arrgh, that's a shitty situation all right! What a sleaze-ball... :hug: I'm sure you've thought of this, but are there any other karate schools in the area you could change to? I don't think I could go back there after something like that. :slant:

I'm sure she would! :lol: I was actually kinda hoping that comment would bring her out of the woodwork, if only to tell me off... Alas, it didn't work!

aaawww.... we must come up with a plan! :D ( to get her over here again :yes:)

btw -- over in WTAHNN one of the lon time Designers that crerate the covers for U2's records ; they meeting with them soon...like around next week or so! :hyper:

Jeevy Interestring!
And these aren't always tied to one gender... i can be "this is the way it is (or should be)" on certain things.
But I while wonder how someone could not love or love a oarticular song
it usually really is a personal matter :)

good morning/afternoon ttfn! :wave:

aaawww.... we must come up with a plan! :D ( to get her over here again :yes:)

btw -- over in WTAHNN one of the lon time Designers that crerate the covers for U2's records ; they meeting with them soon...like around next week or so! :hyper:

Jeevy Interestring!
And these aren't always tied to one gender... i can be "this is the way it is (or should be)" on certain things.
But I while wonder how someone could not love or love a oarticular song
it usually really is a personal matter :)

good morning/afternoon ttfn! :wave:

You are totally right. Like I said, there's a lot of unfair cultural assumptions in there, and I can be pretty dogmatic, too. (And not very typically femine, either.) However, I went looking in the interferencers photo thread, and guess what? For all the guesses I had, when a photo was available, I wasn't mistaken. Funny!

Hope you all are having a great day.

You are totally right. Like I said, there's a lot of unfair cultural assumptions in there, and I can be pretty dogmatic, too. (And not very typically femine, either.) However, I went looking in the interferencers photo thread, and guess what? For all the guesses I had, when a photo was available, I wasn't mistaken. Funny!

Hope you all are having a great day.

Oh my. :ohmy: I always forget about those pics after a while. I wonder what pics I have there? :reject::lol:

And there are moe different pics in the Pleban Photos thread too. Guess I better do a check in on them. :hmm::D

Back
Top Bottom