PGP: Spring 2013... U2 Where Are You?? - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2013, 01:22 AM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post
David Morrissey.

He played the Doctor in the 2008 Christmas special.... sort of. It's kinda complicated and you'd have to watch the episode to understand. (that's my way of saying I suck at explaining )

And, as far as I know, Matt Smith is contracted through 2014. And, with the way the actors have been going on this show, I bet the next Doctor is gonna be a 15 year old kid.
Thank you

I understand the remark

Don't worry about it Tara...I don't watch Dr. Who (even though I do get BBC America)...so I have no idea what's happening in that series

Old 03-31-2013, 02:13 AM   #137
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:25 PM
Thanks for the info, everyone. That's how rumours get started!

Old 03-31-2013, 03:20 AM   #138
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:25 AM
It's tradition I post this pic tonight.

It's an oldie.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #139
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:25 AM
Heehee, love it! I can't remember if I've seen it before...
Old 03-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #140
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Wow, that time has flown! I hope you can stay on, one way or another. Job seeking sucks.

I dunno if I'm just getting old, or even lazier, but I love days off with nothing to do. *L*

I'd like to visit the UK in November, for friend-visiting and geek-related purposes. I've been invited to a 50th birthday in Scotland (Doctor Who-themed), and other friends go to a tiny convention in Plymouth at that time of year and they've asked me along if I'm in the country. It's got 300 attendees compared to 50,000+ that go to Dragon Con (which happens late Aug or early Sept), so that will be a big difference!

I'd think twice about going to Dragon Con again... it's enormous amounts of fun but there are SO MANY people that go now, trying to move around in the middle of the day is very difficult. And last time I hardly went to any panels, I just wanted to catch up with my friends (which is most of the reason I went anyway). If I do go again, it will be part of a longer trip - last time I only spent four days there and went home again, which was fairly insane.

Oh no, I'm sorry... that's always awful.
I hope so too. Yeah, I want to avoid another 10 months of unemployment/stress/depression/job interviews, if I can.

Days off with nothing to do are lovely from time to time! I haven't done much so far this weekend. I did all my normal weekend errands on Friday, then yesterday I did a whole lotta nothing. I'm going to be a bit more active today, since lying on the couch ALL day yesterday made me feel a bit guilty. And the weather has been gorgeous, so I'm going to go for a lonnnnnng run/walk today and take advantage of being outside.

Oh wow, that trip sounds awesome!! I hope it works out for you to go.

And thank you. The family is doing remarkably well. For the last week of her life, she had been declining very quickly, and the end came fast and she was asleep/at peace when she went, which is good. I will have to take a few hours off of work to go to the funeral, but thankfully my boss is lovely and was totally fine with that.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
They filmed part of Ghost Rider (I think that's what it was called - Nicholas Cage was in it) in Melbourne a number of years ago... a few streets were blocked off in the city, near where I worked, and a bunch of others were dressed up to look like Boston. It was pretty neat but I never saw any filming done, I think it was all happening at night.

I dunno why it was easier for them to fly everyone to Australia to pretend Melbourne was Boston than just filming it in Boston. *L*
Ha! That is funny! And really neat. I liked that movie.

Quote:
Basically he got zapped in the head with a Cyber-Thing and thought he was the Doctor but really he wasn't... or something. *L*

Gods, I hope they don't go any younger with the next one, who- and when-ever that may be... I think they were going to go with someone a bit older after Mr Tennant left, but Matt Smith's audition impressed them so much they just went "bugger it, we don't care how young he is".

And to think people thought Tom Baker was too young at 40 when he took the role...
I have yet to see any Tom Baker episodes..... I'm looking forward to them. I've heard they're awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
Oh yeah I forgot about the part where he wasn't the real Dr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2MaNaIcWeIdO View Post
Thank you

I understand the remark

Don't worry about it Tara...I don't watch Dr. Who (even though I do get BBC America)...so I have no idea what's happening in that series

Quote:
It's tradition I post this pic tonight.

It's an oldie.
I like it!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #142
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Heehee, love it! I can't remember if I've seen it before...
Quote:

I like it!
I think it was 2006, when Bono still had long hair!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:25 PM
(Bono with long hair was a really good look.)
Old 03-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #144
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 03-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #145
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Days off with nothing to do are lovely from time to time! I haven't done much so far this weekend. I did all my normal weekend errands on Friday, then yesterday I did a whole lotta nothing. I'm going to be a bit more active today, since lying on the couch ALL day yesterday made me feel a bit guilty. And the weather has been gorgeous, so I'm going to go for a lonnnnnng run/walk today and take advantage of being outside.
I spent all day on the couch yesterday and am guilt-free.

Quote:
And thank you. The family is doing remarkably well. For the last week of her life, she had been declining very quickly, and the end came fast and she was asleep/at peace when she went, which is good. I will have to take a few hours off of work to go to the funeral, but thankfully my boss is lovely and was totally fine with that.
That's good your boss understands... I unfortunately had to go to a co-worker's funeral last year, and the managers were very understanding about letting everyone go, even though there weren't many people left in the office.

Quote:
I have yet to see any Tom Baker episodes..... I'm looking forward to them. I've heard they're awesome.
The earlier ones are more awesome than his later ones... but he was the Doctor for so long there is still a lot of awesomeness there. I watched Robot a couple of weeks ago (his first story), and it was hilarious in many different ways.

Oh yes, I was going to say about Tom Cruise - I'm old enough to remember when Top Gun came out and people took him seriously then... how times have changed.

Quote:
I think it was 2006, when Bono still had long hair!
Crumbs, that was before my time in the PGP! I think he'd had it cut by the time the tour came to Aus and I rediscovered my inner U2 fan.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

So, what's the haps? What have I missed?
Old 03-31-2013, 10:56 PM   #147
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 08:25 PM
Oshit Flybabe! Welcome back!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 03-31-2013, 11:00 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

GG, how have you been?
Old 03-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #149
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Oh yes, I was going to say about Tom Cruise - I'm old enough to remember when Top Gun came out and people took him seriously then... how times have changed.

Crumbs, that was before my time in the PGP! I think he'd had it cut by the time the tour came to Aus and I rediscovered my inner U2 fan.
Oh yeah, I had a Tom Cruise poster back in the day.

However... I know I'll need to climb back in my box after this statement, but I still like him as an actor. Admittedly I haven't seen everything he does lately, just the MI movies, War of the Worlds, and some others but I still enjoy his acting in those.
But it's his acting only... I don't know what the heck is with him in real life.

And oh I've posted that pic of the U2 eggs I think every Easter since 2006, so you may have seen it another year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
So, what's the haps? What have I missed?
Sadly, not much. It's been really quiet around here lately. The last thread took over 3 months to finish!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

Yikes! I miss the good old days where we'd just about burn through a thread or two everyday. What happened! For me. the reason I haven't been around is that college has all but taken my soul.

Tags
#slow day, adam, bono&booze&edgeontheside, edge, happy birthday bono, larry, pgp, u2 where are you?