PGP: Spoiling Ourselves Until June/July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speedy recovery for your friend, Ali, and I hope you feel better, too! :hug:

Thora and Amy :hug:

Zooey, hope your trip stuff goes okay!

Kristen, not sure how I missed it on facebook, but good for you for quitting! Like VP said, it's an incredibly liberating feeling to quit a job you absolutely hate.

VP, hope you're feeling better. :hug:

Thanks. It wasn't the easiest two days, but it wasn't anything I couldn't get through. The rest of the week should be fine, the worst is out of the way now.

How are things with your dad? :hug:

Interview went okay. It was kinda hard :crack: She had a giant stack of resumes on her desk so we'll see what happens.

You never know! And even if you don't get this one, look at it as being good practice for your next interview. :up:

The job is going very well, getting really interesting, and this week I've been doing a ton of things! :hyper:

My supervisor has basically handed me the files for several clients in various stages of projects, and told me to take over. Of course, she's been getting me up to speed on each of them, and has been walking me through some of the various related tasks, if they are things I haven't already done, and I can't figure them out on my own. Not that I need to do the latter - I honestly can't imagine a better work/training environment, she's/they've been so awesome and low-pressure about the whole thing. I really lucked out. :love:

eta - Thanks Dazzled, see you, take care! :hug:

Thanks everyone!

Good luck with the job Kristen!

:hug:s for everyone with various sorts of bleh.

I think i'm feeling better, hit the antibiotics/rosehip tea/echinacea/vit C/etc pretty hard. *L*

Sooo busy. No time for anything fun today. :lol: :crack: Glad it's almost over. But since it's a short week, I have so much to do in so little time.

Glad things are going well for you, VP! :hi5:

I'm looking forward to watching some hockey tonight! :hyper:

I have 24 hours in which to panic, change my mind completely, and cancel the flight without penalty. :wink:

September 16 - September 30. :) I think it comes out to 13 days in Ireland. Or maybe it's 12, with the 13th being a flying day, because the 16th doesn't count, as I land on the 17th. Or something. :lol: I leave and come back on a Friday, and then I'll take the following Monday off because it'll be October and I have a fresh vacation grant. :wink:

When I first started looking into flying into Dublin and out of Shannon, there were some options for about $1090, but they had multiple stops and I wasn't quite ready to commit to that. If I wanted to do just one stop each way and leave/arrive at the ideal times, the price was about $1200 on Continental.

Those prices held steady for well over a month, and then all of a sudden $1265 was the cheapest I was seeing. :( And if I wanted to do just one stop each way, it was $1300 or more, and some of the layovers were only 35 minutes! That wouldn't work.

I waited until noon today to see if the infamous "Tuesday 3 pm EST price drop" happened. It didn't. I was mulling it over on Facebook and getting various bits of advice (don't go through Newark alarmed me a bit, because that was the option I was leaning towards, but with 4 hours of a layover on each end, that should be fine and account for delays or craziness at newark).

So glad I waited even just a few hours. I just went back onto Kayak.com, and there was the flight I wanted (the Continental option, through Newark, just the one stop, plenty of layover time). Price had dropped to $1207.

YAY. BOOKED.

I won't be taking my laptop with me, so I plan on probably needing an entire day to sort through pictures, upload stuff and write about it on various places and various emails.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it. :lol:

I bought a giant memory card for my camera that should hold well over 1,000 pictures, so that should do it. I'm going to bring a smaller, spare card just in case.

Congrats on booking the tickets, cori! :hi5:

It's only 5 minutes in, and I can tell this is going to be a hell of a stressful night of hockey. :crack: I'm already drinking. :lol:

Woo, as soon as I finished typing that, the Canucks scored to tie it up. Whew! Still, the alcohol is definitely needed. :lol:

YAY. BOOKED.

Awesome! So exciting. :hyper:

Yep! After my year of planning, I finally came up with an itinerary I'm happy with about a month or so ago.

The short version:

Dublin
Westport
Galway
Dingle
fly home out of Shannon

Cool... I'd love to go back and see more of Ireland. We had a look at Galway although only for a day, it looked lovely though. Looks like you're doing the west pretty thoroughly... I want to go back to Northern Ireland as well, the coast there is just stunning. And the Giant's Causeway... rocks galore! :love:

Do you get your leave on a per-month basis, then? We accrue ours as x-amount of hours in each pay period/fortnight. I've got about four weeks accrued at the moment.

And yes, I want to see lots of photos! :D

:wave: Ali

Some little shit filed a complaint against me at work today because he's getting a B in my class and I gave him detention for his tardies. So he made some shit up about something I allegedly said. :angry:

Some little shit filed a complaint against me at work today because he's getting a B in my class and I gave him detention for his tardies. So he made some shit up about something I allegedly said. :angry:

Hey Zu! :wave:

WTF! Bs aren't that bad anyway, I got plenty back in the day. I hope he doesn't cause too much trouble, or he'll get a posse coming after him. :angry:

That's frustrating, zu. :( Stoopid ungrateful kids. :tsk:

So I'm definitely needing the wine tonight. This hockey game is blowing monkey chunks. I didn't expect the Canucks to sweep the series, but I think they'd be losing a game THIS badly. :yikes: :tsk: Absolutely brutal.

Holy shit Thora. I just checked...7-1?????:hug:

Cheers! You need that drink for sure!:crack:

Oh wow!:crack: I hope it all works out.:hug:

Holy shit Thora. I just checked...7-1?????:hug:

Cheers! You need that drink for sure!:crack:

Yup. We haven't lost this badly to the Hawks since the beginning of the season. We lost 7-3 to them, but then went on to win 15 games straight. :lol: That's the stat that all my hockey loving friends are talking about on Twitter at the moment. This game is horrible, but the Canucks will be all fired up to kick some ass and win the series at home on Thursday. :up:

ETA - well, it's 7-2 now. A little bit late for the Canucks to start getting goals, but I guess it's better late than never! :wink:

Hey Zu! :wave:

WTF! Bs aren't that bad anyway, I got plenty back in the day. I hope he doesn't cause too much trouble, or he'll get a posse coming after him. :angry:

My boss said the worst that'll happen is that I"ll get a letter in my file. I won't get suspended or anything. Heck, truth be told, at this point in the year I'd welcome a suspension... but I guess not when I'm going to be looking at finding a new job in the next couple years. And he said the letter would "disappear" after one year. :shrug: I just really don't like that kid. I guess the feeling is mutual. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom