PGP: Spoiling Ourselves Until June/July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think Owen's going to do a 1 week 1/2 day engineering camp, and then 2 or 3 weeks at the drop-in day camp. He's missing drama camp for our week in California this year. :sad:

:lol:

The past 2 days I was thinking about the 2 summers my parents sent me to ?6 weeks day camp!

I want to look it up and see what the land turned into, or of stayed a camp ( north of NYC line).

ANd last year I
suddenly realized per say... we were singing a semi-"relgious" song so after we'd get there

"rise and shine and give God the glory, glory!"

:shifty:

i can hear the complaints now....

Bye Daz.

o.m.g. Owen just spilled an entire cup of BLUE egg dye all over our WHITE kitchen (white tile on the floor, white cabinets and natural wood counters). I thought Mr.Z (the anal-retentive one) was going to kill him! Owen & I took over the cleaning and we sent Mr.Z out. Now we both smell like bleach. But the kitchen is white again (except for the wood counter, which will take two or three lemon/salt treatments to get the blue out).

:doh:

Happy Easter everyone :hug:

Same to you, and everyone else :hug:

Plain old :hug:s for those who don't celebrate it too. :D

zooey omg :ohmy: glad you were able to get most of the blue out. It reminds me of a couple years ago we finally got new carpet for our house, (only after about 10 years! lol) but anyway, I chose a shade of white (not white white but sort of like er, sidewalk color? it makes our tiny house look bigger, ha!) Hubby thought I was nuts to choose that color. ANYway, I remember the day Chelsea dropped a brand new full Starbucks chocolate frappucino on the carpet. We both watched it fall as though it were in slow motion. NOOOoooooooooo! :lol: It was quite the mess.
I didn't want to tell anyone later when I dropped my full strawberry margarita between a chair and the wall. :shifty: At least it was easier to hide than the frappucino in the middle of the living room.

On a similar note, here are the drinks we made last night for my kid's Dr Who party. Sonic screwdrivers!

sonicscrewdriversdrwho4-23-11.jpg

I don't really watch Dr Who but my kids are way into it. They'll be dressing up as Who characters for Comic-con this year.

:lol: What the hell is in it? Gooey colour!

Ingredients:
1 shot vodka
1 shot blue curacao
1 splash Rose Blue Raspberry Mix
Fill glass with orange juice (to color)

Directions: Add first three ingredients into a highball glass with ice. Fill the rest of the glass with orange juice.

Though I couldn't find the rose blue raspberry stuff so I subbed lime margarita mix and it was :drool: I also made it stronger with more vodka :shifty: The two drinks on the right are virgin for the people who didn't want alcohol, so they look a tiny bit different.

Ingredients:
1 shot vodka
1 shot blue curacao

Directions: Add first three ingredients into a highball glass with ice. Fill the rest of the glass with orange juice.

Though I couldn't find the rose blue raspberry stuff so I subbed lime margarita mix and it was :drool: I also made it stronger with more vodka :shifty: The two drinks on the right are virgin for the people who didn't want alcohol, so they look a tiny bit different.

Mmmm, they look yummy!

Sarah got me to watch 3 episodes from last season of Dr. Who on Friday. She started with the Van Gogh episode. We cried. :reject: :lol:

We've also watched the first 3 episodes of Being Human UK. I'd seen the first 2 already, but wanted to wait till she came home to watch the rest. I could listen to (and watch!) Mitchell all day... :drool:

Mmm... those drinks sound tasty! :drool:

Just a quick drive-by from me. Hope you've all had a good weekend! Mine has been very relaxing. I've read a few books, ate a ton of great food and slept. Glorious!! Tonight's our huge family dinner, so that should be fun. We're cooking the turkey at my parents' house, and then during the first intermission of the hockey game we'll take the half cooked turkey over to my aunt's house, where the turkey will finish cooking and we'll watch the rest of the game. :lol: Should be a fun night! I think there's going to be about 20 of us altogether. :)

Wow that actually doesn't sound bad at all! :hmm:

:shifty: I need some ideas for my party may 4th.

They are very yummy :drool: What kind of party are ya having Gg? :hmm: I never knew that drinks made with tonic water glow in the dark under a blacklight. I guess tonic water itself glows and I never knew that until I saw it in a thread here on Interference. :ohmy: I need to try that sometime. Of course I'll need to get a blacklight I guess!

VP I think I've seen parts of that episode when my kids watch it, and yeah they cry!

Thora that sounds like a fun day! Hubby is watching hockey now too. He's a big fan so yeah the games are always on here too, I know the other day I heard Streets, and yesterday Pride. That always perks my ears up! :lol:

Ingredients:
1 shot vodka
1 shot blue curacao

My family calls any drink with the Blue Curacao in it Tidy Bowls! This recipe looks yummy tho, I'm goign to try it! Thanks!

Comet, those drinks look hilarious but sound delicious.

So last night I heard the cat chasing something. I thought for sure it was a scorpion and I've been walking around with shoes on all day. And all day the cat's been eyeing under one of our cabinets. So as my son's emptying the dishwasher, he yells "Mama, there's a mouse in the house and kitty's trying to eat it!" So I caught it (it tried to climb up my pant leg!) and we happened to have an old terrarium sitting around. We put a dish of water and a toilet paper tube in there, and we (for now at least) have a pet mouse. I actually think it's a pack rat but it's cute as heck!

I was familiar with the musical long before I saw the movie. When I finally saw the movie, I just about died. ZOMG HIPPIES. And Victor Garber!!! :lmao:

I'm amazed I can still sing all those songs.

I like JCS much better and the stage version of Hair is good too, if we're talking about hippie culture gems. I've seen Ted Nealy do JCS live and he's just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too old to be playing a 33 year old and his voice is awful.

Yeah, JCS is the BOMB. I'm sorry to hear Ted Nealy's voice hasn't held up. He effing rocks it out in the Broadway and film versions. I always preferred Murray Head in the original cast recording to the guy who was in the movie.

I watched Hair for the first time a few months ago. I enjoyed it more than I was expecting.

I was familiar with the musical long before I saw the movie. When I finally saw the movie, I just about died. ZOMG HIPPIES. And Victor Garber!!! :lmao:

I'm amazed I can still sing all those songs.

I've actually never seen Godspell, I need to! I did see Victor Garber years ago in Damn Yankees though, I loved him!

omg the hair :lmao: and what the hell is he wearing??

He made a great devil in Damn Yankees. I saw it again later with Jerry Lewis in the same role and he was good too, he put a totally different spin on the part and played it a bit differently than VG, but I think I preferred Garber's devil.

Frederick (our new furry pet) ate his whole saltine cracker last night and dug some burrows in the dirt. I'm sure his miniscule little brain is trying to process what he's going through, but I think, because we are at the top of the food chain and we can, we'll keep him.

Oh, and nice MOOBday thread K! I don't do them anymore, because a) I'm usually crazy busy on Mondays (not today though, last day of spring break) and b) I felt like I'd done every single possible topic. :lol: I like the guns though!

Funny, there was a student about 8 years back, one of my favorites, quiet, reserved. He was cast as Oberon in Midsummer Night's Dream. We put him in the costume, which was a black velvet vest w/ no shirt and one of the senior girls said "Holy crap Ben, where'd you get those GUNS?!?!?!!" Poor kid was only a sophomore and turned bright red. But for the next three years, he was known as Guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom