PGP: Spoiling Ourselves Until June/July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know every health plan is different, and schools might be way outside the realm of my knowledge (especially if a union is involved), but let me know if I can help from a "benefits person" standpoint. :)

Oh, and not that anyone's counting, and not counting Tuesday which is field trip day, I have 20 full days and 2 half days of work left. Totally doable.

Hope you can get that healthcare mess fixed Zu. :hug: It really astonishes me that there still are people fighting against public health care in the US. The system is really weird as it is, how can they not see that the rest of the world's system is better?

I hope you'll be wearing them when I see you in 40ish days!

I got U2 by U2 in the tiny paperback version so I can read it in bed and...
Unforgettable Fire by Eamon Dunphy
A Monk Swimming by Malachy McCourt
Teacher Man by Frank McCourt
Sex Drugs and CocoaPuffs by Chuck Klosterman
Talking to Girls About Duran Duran by Rob Sheffield
I Am An Emotional Creature by Even Ensler

and I'm trying to finish Long Way Down by Ewan McGreggor and his buddy, Charley SomeoneOrOther.

Read the Even Ensler one last night and started Talking to Girls this morning... there have been two U2 references so far. It's weird to read a book about pop culture that was written in 2010 - so many current references.

Charley Boorman :giggle:

and I will for sure be wearing them when I see ya :hyper: I just wore them to walk to the frozen yogurt place for lunch with Camille and she said I look like a bug. :| Oh well, I did say they were FLY shades. :D

OH you just reminded me I got the small PB version of U2 By U2 to read on the plane too! I totally forgot! I'm reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series right now so I'm sure I'll be bringing one of those along too, I'll never finish it by July!

Hope you get your benefits stuff worked out :sigh: We just went through 10 zillion miles of red tape to get Chelsea back on our insurance after the new year and the new policy that keeps kids on until they are 26 now. A pain in the ass, but so worth it now since her job has no insurance.

I hope you'll be wearing them when I see you in 40ish days!

I got U2 by U2 in the tiny paperback version so I can read it in bed and...
Unforgettable Fire by Eamon Dunphy
A Monk Swimming by Malachy McCourt
Teacher Man by Frank McCourt
Sex Drugs and CocoaPuffs by Chuck Klosterman
Talking to Girls About Duran Duran by Rob Sheffield
I Am An Emotional Creature by Even Ensler

and I'm trying to finish Long Way Down by Ewan McGreggor and his buddy, Charley SomeoneOrOther.

Read the Even Ensler one last night and started Talking to Girls this morning... there have been two U2 references so far. It's weird to read a book about pop culture that was written in 2010 - so many current references.

Wow that's a lot of books :ohmy:

:up:

OMG IT'S SNOWING AGAIN TODAY!!! :angry: :madwife::madspit::no::scream::gah:

Dear snow, Fuck off!!!

kthxbai!:angry::crack::barf::eek::madwife::yell::panic:

Kristen, I can't wait to see you this afternoon!!!:hyper::macdevil:

And while you guys are miserable in the middle of Canada, we're finally having a sunny, warm spring day here in Seattle. Supposed to be up in the mid 60s today. First day over 60 we've had all year. :grumpy:

Of course, it's supposed to rain and be 10 degrees colder tomorrow. *sigh*

Wow that's a lot of books :ohmy:

:up:

OMG IT'S SNOWING AGAIN TODAY!!! :angry: :madwife::madspit::no::scream::gah:

Yep - I'm reading the Ewan McGreggor one and the Rob Sheffield one at the same time - switching back and forth. Finished the Even Ensler one already. Paperback U2 by U2 is on my nightstand. BOOKS EVERYWHERE :loveshower:

And while you guys are miserable in the middle of Canada, we're finally having a sunny, warm spring day here in Seattle. Supposed to be up in the mid 60s today. First day over 60 we've had all year. :grumpy:

Of course, it's supposed to rain and be 10 degrees colder tomorrow. *sigh*

partly cloudy and a high of 89 today. Not bad at all. *ducks from the Canadians throwing rotten fruit at me*

Yep - I'm reading the Ewan McGreggor one and the Rob Sheffield one at the same time - switching back and forth. Finished the Even Ensler one already. Paperback U2 by U2 is on my nightstand. BOOKS EVERYWHERE : loveshower:

partly cloudy and a high of 89 today. Not bad at all. *ducks from the Canadians throwing rotten fruit at me*

*not to mention the New Yorkers* :angry:

:wink:

:hmm: actually it's more like more Seattle weather!!!
:waiting: (more dry sunny dayz) :waiting:

coriiiiiii!!! STOP sending your weather our way!!!! :scream:

:wink::hug:

:hyper: books!!!! :love:
HI, zu! :hug:s

Hope you can get that healthcare mess fixed Zu. :hug: It really astonishes me that there still are people fighting against public health care in the US. The system is really weird as it is, how can they not see that the rest of the world's system is better?

oh pleaseeeeeeeee...... :|

1> some people think that no matter what any other country
does Amer-ru-cuh is the best at everything thus.....

2> some are so greedy/ Ayn Rand-ish that each one
is solely an individual (if you're either not part of that person's family, friends or even those so you what ever happens to you it's yours alone to deal with. "Pull yourself up by your own bootstraps." "It's MY money".
There's no sense of community- caring others/for "the least of these", "there by the grace of god... go I" so they don't care how many people are cut off, not allowed into health care (Prs Obama's bill is helping some of that right now at least)

there may be a 3rd major reason but i'm too tired to think of it AND
talking about the selfish crap.

:ohmy:
I just booked my flight to Montreal.
:ohmy:

I don't know why this kind of makes me panic instead of making me excited. It's the guilt of leaving the family for 5 days/$$/fear of something going wrong... :panic:

I felt the same about leaving my family, but now, no.:shifty:

Us moms deserve our own fun, right?:hug:

Yeah, we deserve our own fun. I did the whole week long tour thing in '09 and felt rather guilty much of that time too. AND I'm taking 4 days for Anaheim in June.

To my credit, the little guy and I are going on a week long road trip in June... AND we'll be together all day every day for the rest of the summer. But you know how mother's guilt is - no rational thought to it at all.

I know for sure!:hug: I had it when Sean and I went to Vegas for U2. The kids are anxious to spend the week with dad (I'm gone 7 days) because they know it will involve lots of fun, and my mom is going to take them for a few days too. My daughter wants to hear about Montreal, and she wants another tour shirt. :lol:

I have to work out child care arrangements for when I'm gone since Mr.Z will be working full time. Hopefully the school around the corner is still doing their drop-in summer program.

This year is the first year we are going to do that for Alyssa. She just gets too bored at home, no matter what we might do. She is going to do a few week long day camps with one of her friends in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom