PGP:sharing good laughs and having fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love2bmama said:

I think Bono does such a good job of emoting, it's like you can feel the emotion in the songs. I know a lot of people cry, even guys. It's not like a sad kind of crying, for me anyway. Hard to explain :scratch:

Yeah, I think you're right. I can't really identify with the song that much on a personal level, because my life has been mercifully free of deaths of family and friends, but I guess I could just feel it through Bono.

I thought of that 2 seconds before I read your post :) I don't drink much so I'm not up with all the alcholic acronyms!

Everyone I know IRL calls me Alison, but if Ali is quicker I don't mind that online :) Kinda feels weird being called Ali in a U2 forum though! :wink:

Alisaura said:

Yeah, I think you're right. I can't really identify with the song that much on a personal level, because my life has been mercifully free of deaths of family and friends, but I guess I could just feel it through Bono.

I identify the song since my mum passed away in summer 2004. Though i had a very good relationship with her.:heart:

Think you're right though. Bonos writng can just make you feel the emotion in the songs. :bono::heart:

bonoishot said:

I :love: being stood near Adam at shows. You always get attention of him. :wink:

Being a concert n00b at the shows I saw, I didn't really know you had to work for the attention... :D I just kinda stood there politely and hoped he'd lean over near me so I could reach his bass... but unbeknownst to me there were other more cluey fans elsewhere screaming "Let me touch it!!"... :laugh:

I'll know for next time!! :D

I'm not a big drinker at all, so I have to go easy on the strong stuff like JD, but a JD and coke on a friday afternoon? I'm all over that.
Not having any JD (or coke, for that matter) on hand at the moment, I'm enjoying an ice cold Guinness. mmmmmm

Alisaura said:

Being a concert n00b at the shows I saw, I didn't really know you had to work for the attention... : D I just kinda stood there politely and hoped he'd lean over near me so I could reach his bass... but unbeknownst to me there were other more cluey fans elsewhere screaming "Let me touch it!!"... :laugh:

I'll know for next time!! : D

:giggle:

Me and my friend were stood near his B stage in Manchester England and repeatedly jumped up and down and screamed at him the whole show. He spent most of the show grinning and laughing at us. :lol:

I made Larry kinda smile when he was playing the keyboard in Chicago i think and i shouted Larry really loud. Never got Bono or Edge love during a show though. Yet. :shifty:

bonoishot said:

:giggle:

Me and my friend were stood near his B stage in Manchester England and repeatedly jumped up and down and screamed at him the whole show. He spent most of the show grinning and laughing at us. :lol:

I made Larry kinda smile when he was playing the keyboard in Chicago i think and i shouted Larry really loud. Never got Bono or Edge love during a show though. Yet. :shifty:

Yet! Just wait for next time around!! I need to start saving now for u2's next tour, if I was being smart.

bonoishot said:

I identify the song since my mum passed away in summer 2004. Though i had a very good relationship with her.:heart:

Think you're right though. Bonos writng can just make you feel the emotion in the songs. :bono::heart:

:hug: Jem...

That's pretty much the main reason I'm a fan of U2... the songs can make you feel things you've never experienced, and they're just so powerful emotionally.
:heart: U2

My dad is 80, though, and I know that he won't be here forever... I guess that was the other thing that set me off at the show.

back for a bit.

i'vw been check past thread, and having trouble looking some different in fo up on the puter next to me. :madspit:
:lol:

so i'm trying another search approach

Alis [distinguish you from THE Ali. :wink:]
my nick name id Dee but i love Dazzled or dazz better! :giggle:

Molly

great story! :hug:
I'm SO glad you finally got to see them.

and DON"t feel bad about LONG posts...I do them when I need to. :uhoh: no one's yelled at me :yell: yet,

BUT come to think of it - sometimes when we have really serious sad/angry things that we need to vent/explain /or discuss some of us DO POST even longer posts!

well when i have more time you & i can talk more on our u2 fandoms....I discovered them JUST BEFORE they FIRST arrived in the USA [1980!}

but i didn't see them till 83 & BRIEFLY, then not totally till late 84. i can tell you more about that if you want sometime. :D

I hope someday to visdit Montana -- Big Sky coubtry.

27 yrs ago i visited other big sky states.....northern Arizona/New Mexico * & South Dakota.

Last edited:
love2bmama said:

:yes : hopefully one day you will!! :drool :

:lol: Was just about to say that. :)

I found ( apart from the one off at Abbey Road) trying to meet them outside Arena shows in US ( and Canada ) is easiest. ( Though my luck sucked in Toronto and Boston. :lol: )

My pic of Edge from September 05. Me and Wild met him on my 22nd birthday. We were with VP and her daughter Sarah. :heart:

Captured2005-09-2000120.jpg

Dazz, I'd LOVE to hear about your "fandom"! You are an old timer, I would totally love to hear all about that. I bet you have a hundred great stories to tell!! Anytime you want to bend my ear, go for it :wink:

Montana is gorgeous. We just moved to Oregon this past summer, and I love it here, but MT will always be home.

love2bmama said:

Yet! Just wait for next time around!! I need to start saving now for u2's next tour, if I was being smart.

I'm saving for my holiday in August first... after that, I'll be saving for U2. I should have plenty of time though, if they follow the new pattern of visiting Australia every other album now... :(
Although if I've got enough money, I'll definitely want to go overseas to see the next tour. It's just so expensive to go to the US or UK/Europe from here... stupid large planet.

love2bmama said:

Thats my plan aswell. Well that was my plan after Boston in December 05. Still hasnt happened though. :giggle: Am terrrible at saving. :uhoh:

Abbey Road meeting pics.

Horrible scary pic of larry. the zoom was too close. :lmao:

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

Bono.

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

:wave: Dazz it is then! I'm only a relatively new fan (circa '98/'99), I feel like I missed out on so much from before that... A friend of mine tried to convert me during the Zoo era but I was too stupid to get it, then.

I met Edge and Larry the day before my birthday last year... I didn't mention it though. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom