PGP: Saluting Right Back at Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember when your Bono avi was itty bitty :cute: And I've always thought it cool that you've kept him so long. You OWN him. :D I don't change mine a ton or anything and can easily go years with the same one, tho I do put up my Bono/Edge party animals for special birthday occasions. ;) I'm about to change back to my regular real soon here. Bouncy Bono has been with me though since the very beginning, so if I do let him go it's gonna be tough. Plus I almost did once and Gg found out and nearly killed me, so there's always that incentive to keep him. :uhoh:

:hmm: I don't think I could write the country song. :shifty: Though I did whip out a Bono hair-prayer one time years ago that some people round these parts still use often.

I wanted it bigger after I saw a few people in EYKIW posting crazy things that I'd never say, and I didn't want to be associated with them. :lol: I think GG was the one who originally made it bigger for me, but then there was a weird shadow in one corner, and Sicy edited it out. :) The Ben pancake and Trumpy sigs, Sarah made those for me. She has PS on her computer, I don't.

I totally associate Bouncy Bono with you, and you can never change him! :horror: :wink:

A repost of the hair prayer would be appreciated, plz. :)

Ok, but I'll have to TYPE it out... so don't expect it TOO soon or anything. :lol:

:lol:

oh believe me, I 've got PLENTY of things to do-- both frustrating ( and ultimatley will feel better about it all) and the fun stuff. So HA! I'm busy enough without yet another artisitc project/avenue to explore!:lol::lol::lol::|:lol:

It'll arrive at some point! thanks again, bc!:D

I wanted it bigger after I saw a few people in EYKIW posting crazy things that I'd never say, and I didn't want to be associated with them. :lol: I think GG was the one who originally made it bigger for me, but then there was a weird shadow in one corner, and Sicy edited it out. :) The Ben pancake and Trumpy sigs, Sarah made those for me. She has PS on her computer, I don't.

I totally associate Bouncy Bono with you, and you can never change him! :horror: :wink:

A repost of the hair prayer would be appreciated, plz. :)

Okay, I need to go find it. I must warn you though it should only be used by those who wish to see him let a bit of his natural highlights into his style :shifty:

Okay, I need to go find it. I must warn you though it should only be used by those who wish to see him let a bit of his natural highlights into his style :shifty:

Oh no, not roots! :wink: I actually really liked the photoshopped salt and pepper look someone posted recently, very George Clooney. :drool: But roots just look like someone who's too lazy to maintain their look.

I've never been guilty of that. Oh no. :shifty: :wink:

So playing YBR for the 25th time (I did actually listen to the rest of the cd this time!) has inspired me to make a Bono sexy mix. What needs to be on it? I haven't given it a great deal of thought, but so far I have:

YBR
Velvet Dress
Night and Day
All I Want Is You
Lemon (the sexy remix, can't remember what it's called, but it's really hot, lol)
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Never Let Me Go
Stateless

i know I must be missing some really obvious ones, here...help?

Eta - PROMENADE!

Oh no, not roots! :wink: I actually really liked the photoshopped salt and pepper look someone posted recently, very George Clooney. :drool: But roots just look like someone who's too lazy to maintain their look.

I've never been guilty of that. Oh no. :shifty: :wink:

OMG I loved that pic of him looking gray! :love:

Okay, do not judge. :reject: This is very old (years!), and I think I wrote it straight from the brain to the keyboard in a moment of (bonohair) passion in about 10 seconds. lol

:shifty:

o great hair gods... let bono see the shining silver light of the sexiness of the undyed head. May the great dye bottle in the sky rest in peace, and yay tho he walks thru the shadow of the Larry, let him see that aging gracefully is damn hot, and, as like others who go before him... the silver Ads and the baldy Edge... may he show us his gorgeous head as the lord hath intended it to be, for thine is the mofo... amen.

I think that's how it went. And now I'm really embarrassed. :lol:

So playing YBR for the 25th time (I did actually listen to the rest of the cd this time!) has inspired me to make a Bono sexy mix. What needs to be on it? I haven't given it a great deal of thought, but so far I have:

YBR
Velvet Dress
Night and Day
All I Want Is You
Lemon (the sexy remix, can't remember what it's called, but it's really hot, lol)
Never Let Me Go
Stateless

Eta - PROMENADE!

OOH I made one of these once... lemme go see what's on mine.

OMG I loved that pic of him looking gray! :love:

Okay, do not judge. :reject: This is very old (years!), and I think I wrote it straight from the brain to the keyboard in a moment of (bonohair) passion in about 10 seconds. lol

:shifty:

o great hair gods... let bono see the shining silver light of the sexiness of the undyed head. May the great dye bottle in the sky rest in peace, and yay tho he walks thru the shadow of the Larry, let him see that aging gracefully is damn hot, and, as like others who go before him... the silver Ads and the baldy Edge... may he show us his gorgeous head as the lord hath intended it to be, for thine is the mofo... amen.

I think that's how it went. And now I'm really embarrassed. :lol:

That's awesome!! The shadow of the Larry! :lmao:

YBR
Velvet Dress
Night and Day
All I Want Is You
Never Let Me Go
Stateless

Eta - PROMENADE!

let's see.......... :D

DoYou Feel Loved
Drowing Man
Deep in The Heart
Sweet Fire OF Love (with Robbi Robinson) abjkdelq!
EBTTRT
Trip Thrugh Your Wires

I'll ETA here IF I think of some more

Thanks!

I just looked on my computer, and it wasn't a Lemon remix, it's Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks Remix). And I'm not generally a big fan of remixes, but that one... :drool:

Ooh I'll have to go lusten to that remix again. :hmm: Ok hang on I just found my cd, it was called Smoothy Bono. :D I'll type out the songs besides the ones you already have.

OMG I said lusten. :lol: er... listen. :shifty:

DoYou Feel Loved
Drowing Man
Deep in The Heart
Sweet Fire OF Love (with Robbi Robinson) abjkdelq!
EBTTRT
Trip Thrugh Your Wires

I'll ETA here IF I think of some more

Oh god, Sweet Fire of Love, YES. Thanks!!

Have I ever told you that I have a Robbie Robertson thing, and that he was raised about 10 minutes from me? :drool: :lol:

Okay here's the Smoothy Bono tracklist. I made it a couple years ago so there are no newer songs on it. :hmm: Some of these might work for you.

Beautiful Ghost
Can't Help Falling In Love
Dreaming With Tears in My Eyes
A Dying Sailor To His Shipmates
I've Got You Under My Skin
I Wanna Be Around
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
In A Little While
Night and Day
Promenade
Satellite of Love
She's A Mystery To Me
Slow Dancing (Bono vocals)
Spring Hill Mining Disaster
Stuck In A Moment
Two Shots of Happy
Unchained Melody
Wild Irish Rose
With Or Without You

DoYou Feel Loved

I don't think it was in here, I think it was in a thread in EYKIW years ago, but I remember people talking about this song as if it was hot, and me making the argument that I don't think it's hot, it seems really angry and aggressive to me. Which I suppose can be hot in some ways...but in my view, the whole "do you feel loved" lines are sort of sarcastic...so....yeah. :lol:

I could be totally wrong, but that's how I've always seen the song. :)

Okay here's the Smoothy Bono tracklist. I made it a couple years ago so there are no newer songs on it. :hmm: Some of these might work for you.

Beautiful Ghost
Can't Help Falling In Love
Dreaming With Tears in My Eyes
A Dying Sailor To His Shipmates
I've Got You Under My Skin
I Wanna Be Around
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
In A Little While
Night and Day
Promenade
Satellite of Love
She's A Mystery To Me
Slow Dancing (Bono vocals)
Spring Hill Mining Disaster
Stuck In A Moment
Two Shots of Happy
Unchained Melody
Wild Irish Rose
With Or Without You

Ooooh, thanks, so many great choices here! :drool: Cori mentioned the other day the hotness of his lower register - I take it you agree. :wink:

Oh god, Sweet Fire of Love, YES. Thanks!!

Have I ever told you that I have a Robbie Robertson thing, and that he was raised about 10 minutes from me? :drool: :lol:

:wink: Have you discussed this with Bono Mot? She was like, president of his online fanclub, or something, years ago. :lol:

That's awesome!! The shadow of the Larry! :lmao:

while i may not agree (yet) it's cool !
nothing to be embarrassed about at all!

( yeah, "the shadow of Larry" :lol: )

Oh yay! *relieved at not being kicked out* :D

:wink: Have you discussed this with Bono Mot? She was like, president of his online fanclub, or something, years ago. :lol:

Seriously?? Wow, that's so cool! Behind Bono, his voice is teh sex. Very deep and...um...yeah. :shifty: :wink:

Oh yay! *relieved at not being kicked out* :D

Silly, as if. :rolleyes: :wink: I've actually been meaning to ask why you haven't popped in here, I've thought all along you'd be right at home. :hug:

I don't think it was in here, I think it was in a thread in EYKIW years ago, but I remember people talking about this song as if it was hot, and me making the argument that I don't think it's hot, it seems really angry and aggressive to me. Which I suppose can be hot in some ways...but in my view, the whole "do you feel loved" lines are sort of sarcastic...so....yeah. :lol:

You could be right! But either way, I find the song incredibly hot. :shifty: That could be due to a slightly warped sense of hotness though. :wink:
(I don't think I saw that thread, but then I tend to miss a lot because I forget to look in other forum areas. Darnit.)

Ooooh, thanks, so many great choices here! :drool: Cori mentioned the other day the hotness of his lower register - I take it you agree. :wink:

Um, yes. :faint:

Seriously?? Wow, that's so cool! Behind Bono, his voice is teh sex. Very deep and...um...yeah. :shifty: :wink:

Silly, as if. :rolleyes: :wink: I've actually been meaning to ask why you haven't popped in here, I've thought all along you'd be right at home. :hug:

I had been meaning to pop back in for ages. LOL! I was very at home at one time. I think around the time I stopped popping in there had been a bit of drama. That might have been due to very young plebans coming into the thread... soon after that, the teen PGP was created I believe, but I never quite made it back on a regular basis.

You could be right! But either way, I find the song incredibly hot. :shifty: That could be due to a slightly warped sense of hotness though. :wink:
(I don't think I saw that thread, but then I tend to miss a lot because I forget to look in other forum areas. Darnit.)

I think it was a long time ago, probably like '06. I remember Zoots and Bri were in the thread, and they were on the sexy side, and I probably ruined it for them with my interpretation. :reject: :lol: But yeah, it's always struck me as being about a couple in trouble, or in denial about their problems. I'm clearly in the minority, though. :)

no, you're right ... there's some serious sarcasm but some of the images and the vocalizing overbound the sarcasm for me. :D

I think it was a long time ago, probably like '06. I remember Zoots and Bri were in the thread, and they were on the sexy side, and I probably ruined it for them with my interpretation. :reject: :lol: But yeah, it's always struck me as being about a couple in trouble, or in denial about their problems. I'm clearly in the minority, though. :)

Oh I can totally agree with you. Some of the lines just scream that in fact. Still, like Dazz said, his delivery takes over my brain though and does me in. I in fact may or may not have listened to that song in my car today 3 times while on a Starbucks run. :shifty:

I had been meaning to pop back in for ages. LOL! I was very at home at one time. I think around the time I stopped popping in there had been a bit of drama. That might have been due to very young plebans coming into the thread... soon after that, the teen PGP was created I believe, but I never quite made it back on a regular basis.

Ooh, I think I might vaguely remember that, but not details? Over the years, we've had a lot of people pop in - some have stuck (thank goodness :heart: ) and some have moved on to greener pastures, if they felt that this wasn't for them.

And some return. :)

In 05/06, it was a very band lusty thread, and the regulars that gathered in the first few months just seemed to click :heart: (although we've had some great additions over the years too - it seems like some were just born to be here).

The new leather wardrobe has contributed to the resurgence of the lusty talk. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom