PGP - rowing our boat on every breaking Wave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How could you not like them :drool:

Screw the turkey, bring on the persians :lol:

:no: Need the turkey! :lol: But there's lots of opportunities to eat persians before the family dinner on the Sat or Sun depending on when she arrives... and she can share with our aunt and uncle and our cousins (and maybe their kids) too *g* I can see Uncle Dave really liking them :wink:

Hey Daz! :hug:

I remember you being excited! Laura met up with you right?
I can't imagine waiting as long as you did to see them up close. You're a trooper :up:

It's NOT LIKE I didn't TRY!!!!:angry::lol:

My frirends, sis, and I never had any luck with getting close U2 seats at MSG or Naussau Colesium previous to GA policy! And neither for GA, even if I was going to do GA alone at a second show!:| Even for Radio City Hall in Dec 84 we were up in the balcony!

I've Seen The Who (all origal guys) and Springsteen (and other as well) all earlier on in their careers UP CLOSE, and taken a bunch of photos!!! U2 we never had any luck.

And for ZOO-TV we were at the worst seats ever; even for our crummy track record w U2!!!! About 8 rows from the very top and 3/4's of the way back.
I'm very grateful I got to go....my friend floated me the $$ because I'd be underpaind & underworked that year b/c of a major Recessoin.

Yes Laura helped me out by getting the tix from deeg and then I met L the day before the 1st Giants Stadium show in the late afternoon at the Hotel L was staying at!

It was SO intense...and funny b/c here i was busing to an area I'd passed over/through by car or Bus TO the stadium itslef! You would think i was like going several States away and all nervous about getting there! WHen it wasn't more than say 10- 15 miles away from home! LOL!!!!!

You could SEE the stadium before you got to the hotel. I was like :ohmy:!!!!!!:lol:

good times!:heart:

I can't imagine waiting as long as you did to see them up close. You're a trooper :up:

Thanks!!!!
And then this was the thing......

When I got my "latest" Elevation post 9-11 Tix, becuase my sis and I couldn't even GET seats for MSG when they did the Oringinal 1st leg of the Elevation Tour in that SUmmer '01; we were out at NJ's Breynden Byrne Arena <now IZOD Center> in NJ!
It's in the Sports Complex that has the old and now NEW Giants Stadium.
Now this was NOT an unknown arena to us. We'd seen Springsteen there like ?5 + times already.
But still we didn't make it to MSG for U2 again.....and we're life long NYC'rs!:huh:

SO this is where i said "...MORE crummyish seats....AGAIN???!!!"

That's when I decided to wait OUTSIDE MSG. If I couldn't see them upclose on stage ...by "golly"-- I was going to try to see them NOT ON stage! And that just evolved into besides photographing them outside (since i was never close enough to really photograph them well )-- doing that I got to the "meeting them" stage over 8 yrs time! :D (2001 - 2009)

Holy shit, a "crib" they used on the set just went for 8,000! :ohmy: The fake baby they used for when the real baby actor wasn't needed only went for 800.

I can't wait to see how much the squirrel baby goes for. Sarah said probably millions...

eta - Charlie's fake bags of heroin are up now.

eta again - $9,000 for Charlie's Drive Shaft ring! :ohmy:

(sorry, I know most of you aren't interested, but I thought Thora, Dazzled and comet might be :) )

Hi/bye Ali! :wave: I feel you, I HATE packing.

Thora, you're welcome! :kiss: And OMG, maps for 9,000! That's what we wanted most, sigh. Well, that and the squirrel baby. :wink:

A part of the hatch just went for $16,000. Damn.

Looks like the next bunch is all clothes, which doesn't really interest me at all. Kinda creepy, actually. :uhoh: :lol:

And the squirrel baby is the most awesome thing ever. When I first saw it, I was all WTF??!! :yikes: and then it was hilarious. I love the writers' sense of humour. :lol:

Thanks guys for getting me caught up on the Lost auction. :lol: Woweeee some of those prices. Can't wait to see what squirrel baby goes for. :hyper:

i just lodt my post:angry::angry:
***THANKS VP*** for the LOST Auction updates!:lol::applaud:

i will redo it tomorrow ( i get tired of typing at times) i kisted a bunch of things ( if $$ was NO object) to have bid for [some of which they might not even have had to offer:lol:]
eh....later today ( I had fun )

I am sitting in my car in the parking garage after Lady Gaga. We have been sitting here 45 minutes and have not moved. WE ARE GOING TO DIE HERE.

Oh no! I know that feeling. You're trapped like a caged animal. And the fumes. :(

If you're not out by morning, we'll send help. :wink: Can't wait to hear how the show was, I've heard very good things about it!

:shifty: So I made a whole ton of these last night, and I'll post them all over in the other thread later, but I wanted to give you ladies this one first to enjoy him before everyone else gets their hands all over his leather.

:kiss:

bonoleatherstrut6comet.gif

I am sitting in my car in the parking garage after Lady Gaga. We have been sitting here 45 minutes and have not moved. WE ARE GOING TO DIE HERE.

:gah: I remember that feeling. :hug: It took us 3 hours to go 6 miles getting out of the Foxboro show. :| :crack:

Hope it didn't take you guys that long to get home. :hug:

:shifty : So I made a whole ton of these last night, and I'll post them all over in the other thread later, but I wanted to give you ladies this one first to enjoy him before everyone else gets their hands all over his leather.

:ohmy::hyper: THANK YOU!!!! :drool::combust::faint:

:shifty: So I made a whole ton of these last night, and I'll post them all over in the other thread later, but I wanted to give you ladies this one first to enjoy him before everyone else gets their hands all over his leather.

:shifty:MINE!!!!!!!!:shifty:

Ok hands up who hasn't listen to last nights gig ???:drool:

I haven't listened yet but I will this afternoon! The whole thing start to finish, I think.

Nice gif, Comet.

Good morning, thread. I've got some workouts to do and I gotta drop my bike off to have the back half sorta rebuilt :angry: Hope you're having a great Sunday.

:no: Need the turkey! :lol: But there's lots of opportunities to eat persians before the family dinner on the Sat or Sun depending on when she arrives... and she can share with our aunt and uncle and our cousins (and maybe their kids) too *g* I can see Uncle Dave really liking them :wink:

You'll fill up on them before the dinner even starts :lol:

It's NOT LIKE I didn't TRY!!!!:angry::lol:

My frirends, sis, and I never had any luck with getting close U2 seats at MSG or Naussau Colesium previous to GA policy! And neither for GA, even if I was going to do GA alone at a second show!:| Even for Radio City Hall in Dec 84 we were up in the balcony!

I've Seen The Who (all origal guys) and Springsteen (and other as well) all earlier on in their careers UP CLOSE, and taken a bunch of photos!!! U2 we never had any luck.

And for ZOO-TV we were at the worst seats ever; even for our crummy track record w U2!!!! About 8 rows from the very top and 3/4's of the way back.
I'm very grateful I got to go....my friend floated me the $$ because I'd be underpaind & underworked that year b/c of a major Recessoin.

Yes Laura helped me out by getting the tix from deeg and then I met L the day before the 1st Giants Stadium show in the late afternoon at the Hotel L was staying at!

It was SO intense...and funny b/c here i was busing to an area I'd passed over/through by car or Bus TO the stadium itslef! You would think i was like going several States away and all nervous about getting there! WHen it wasn't more than say 10- 15 miles away from home! LOL!!!!!

You could SEE the stadium before you got to the hotel. I was like :ohmy:!!!!!!:lol:

good times!:heart:

You're lucky to have seen all those awesome shows though, even if they were crappy seats. I would die to see Zoo Tv :drool:
Glad you finally got to do rail last year :hyper:

I haven't listened yet but I will this afternoon! The whole thing start to finish, I think.

Nice gif, Comet.

Good morning, thread. I've got some workouts to do and I gotta drop my bike off to have the back half sorta rebuilt :angry: Hope you're having a great Sunday.

Happy Sunday to you too :hug:
That sucks about your bike. Hope they can fix it.

My day didn't get off to such a good start. I was supposed to work at 8 this morning but that didn't happen. I had the worst vertigo attack ever. Woke up at 5:30am just spinning. I could barely walk. Called into work and told them I wouldn't be in to which they were a little pissed :angry: (whatever Tim Hortons. Do you want me to clutch onto the counters and spill stuff everywhere from not being able to control my balance?? Uhhh sorry just had to vent a little there)
Anyways, I'm all good now. Went back to sleep and woke up fine. Of the two years I've been dealing with this, it's never been that bad. It scared me a little.

Awww Kristen!:hug::hug::hug:

I wish that they could find out what is causing this, or at least figure out a better way to help you.:hug:

Kristen, I promise you - songs today! I'm usually so good about fulfilling requests when I say I will. CORIFAIL! Maybe those will make you feel better. :)

Lady Gaga was really fun - she's such a good performer. I'd kind of put her out of my mind for a while because I was tired of her schtick, but holy cow, she can SING. She did Speechless solo with her piano and just rocked the shit out of it.

The costumes in the crowd were amazing. I took a mess of pictures, but I'm sure most of them didn't turn out - our seats were fine, but too far away for good pics.

But oh my god, I hate the Tacoma Dome. Worst venue I've ever been to. And I hate going down to Tacoma. If U2 ever plays there again, me and Bono are going to have words.

So we got to the car, and were able to pull out, go around one corner of the parking garage, and then ... stopped. We were stopped there for an hour before we even started to move. Then we were out of there fifteen minutes later, and getting home from there was a snap, thank GOD.

At least we had fun music. It's nice to find other people who appreciate Girls Aloud, Britney Spears and other shiny fun pop music like I do. :wink:

So tired. Am very glad it's raining, as it's the perfect kind of weather to lie on the couch all day and watch TV.

.... after I upload Kristen's songs, that is. :wink:

Happy Sunday to you too :hug:
That sucks about your bike. Hope they can fix it.

My day didn't get off to such a good start. I was supposed to work at 8 this morning but that didn't happen. I had the worst vertigo attack ever. Woke up at 5:30am just spinning. I could barely walk. Called into work and told them I wouldn't be in to which they were a little pissed :angry: (whatever Tim Hortons. Do you want me to clutch onto the counters and spill stuff everywhere from not being able to control my balance?? Uhhh sorry just had to vent a little there)
Anyways, I'm all good now. Went back to sleep and woke up fine. Of the two years I've been dealing with this, it's never been that bad. It scared me a little.

Aww hun :hug:

It sucks they can't find out what is causing it. I know how you feel they know what i have but cos they don't really know how to treat it the dr's are at a loss how to deal with my problems .

And you know that ranting is allowed whenever in here :yes:

:hug: Sorry to hear it affects you so badly Kristin. Do they have any idea what the cause can be?

Thanks GG :hug:
No, they haven't been able to figure it out. I've been through ever single test possible and even went out of town for a special test at a hospital that has a machine we don't have here. They can't find anything. That's what is most frustrating.

Kristen, I promise you - songs today! I'm usually so good about fulfilling requests when I say I will. CORIFAIL! Maybe those will make you feel better. :)

Lady Gaga was really fun - she's such a good performer. I'd kind of put her out of my mind for a while because I was tired of her schtick, but holy cow, she can SING. She did Speechless solo with her piano and just rocked the shit out of it.

The costumes in the crowd were amazing. I took a mess of pictures, but I'm sure most of them didn't turn out - our seats were fine, but too far away for good pics.

But oh my god, I hate the Tacoma Dome. Worst venue I've ever been to. And I hate going down to Tacoma. If U2 ever plays there again, me and Bono are going to have words.

So we got to the car, and were able to pull out, go around one corner of the parking garage, and then ... stopped. We were stopped there for an hour before we even started to move. Then we were out of there fifteen minutes later, and getting home from there was a snap, thank GOD.

At least we had fun music. It's nice to find other people who appreciate Girls Aloud, Britney Spears and other shiny fun pop music like I do. :wink:

So tired. Am very glad it's raining, as it's the perfect kind of weather to lie on the couch all day and watch TV.

.... after I upload Kristen's songs, that is. :wink:

Thanks Cori!!! :hug: You're the best!

Glad you had fun at the concert. I have a couple friends that are going to see her in Minneapolis soon.
Relaxing days are always good :up: That's what I'm doing today too.

Aww hun :hug:

It sucks they can't find out what is causing it. I know how you feel they know what i have but cos they don't really know how to treat it the dr's are at a loss how to deal with my problems .

And you know that ranting is allowed whenever in here :yes:

Thanks Wild :hug:

Sorry they can't figure out your health issues too. :therethere:

Back
Top Bottom