PGP: Ringing in the New Year with New U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhhh it hasn't stopped snowing since last night :crack:

Oh, that sucks. :( :hug:

Hi everyone! Looks like there's a bunch of us. :D

I just spent the last 20 minutes showing my mom all sorts of Canucks highlight videos. She heard me watching one, and then demanded I show her that one and more. :lol: She hates the rap/r&b music that usually accompanies those types of videos, but she was very interested in the hockey action. :lol: I love it!!

Twiddling my thumbs for another 4 hours at work. I was hoping to leave early (am off tomorrow), but my boss had to leave because her daughter is sick. So I have to stay and hold down the fort. Boo!

Am going shopping tomorrow. Whoo! I spent so much time saving for Ireland, I feel like I haven't done proper shopping in a long time. And I have gift cards/money from Christmas (got an unexpected bonus, which was awesome), so WHOO!

Going to a fancy-schmancy party on New Year's Eve - my friend plays in a big band, and they've been playing this fancy-dress party for a few years now. She gets to bring a guest, and I get to be that guest! Yay! I haven't ever gone out for fancy New Year's before.

Have been inhaling the first two seasons of The Wire. Will likely inhale season 3 this weekend.

Fun, fun, Cori. May the hours fly by at work for you.

I'm off to work in a while again, too-4:30 to 9. But I too am off tomorrow. Then I have to work both Saturday and Sunday for most of the day :grumpy:. I've been hoping to get someone to cover my shift on Sunday, but so far no luck. So looks like New Year's weekend isn't going to be any sort of major fun on my end. Hope you have a good time at your party!

I've never seen "The Wire". I'm so horribly behind on that stuff. Someday, I will get around to checking it out.

Uhhhh it hasn't stopped snowing since last night :crack:

Can you send that snow here? Seriously, we have, like, nothing on the ground. We got some decent snow at the beginning of December, and then it melted, and then we got not even an inch last week which lasted for a couple days...then it melted, too (no white Christmas). It's been an extremely dry, mild winter so far and that's really pissing me off. It looks and feels a lot more like late October/early November outside.

Sounds fun, cori! :)

I have an ever growing list of fun things that I want to buy, but am holding off until I get a job, because money is SUPER tight right now. :yikes: I was thisclose to buying a Kate Spade clutch when I was in Hawaii, but I resisted. Now I'm kicking myself because it's not available on her website, so it was obviously on sale there for a reason. :angry: Dammit. :lol: Oh well - it was better for me to NOT spend that $100 in the long run. I'll have fun shopping hopefully sometime soon! :)

OOh fancy New Years Eve party sounds fun. It's been absolute ages since I went to a real NYE party. Lately it's movie or TV show marathoning with a quick step out the door at midnight to set off a few poppers with a glass of champagne, then back in for more TV. :D

We're in the middle of a 24 rewatch marathon at the moment, and just started Six Feet Under (first watch) yesterday.

I have a little black dress I wore to a holiday party last year - it's cute and sassy. I was thinking it wouldn't be fancy enough, but looking at the pictures from last year's event on the website, I'll be fine.

I need some heels, though. I really don't have any that would work with the dress. But thankfully if I can't find any that I like and are comfortable, boots would work well with the dress. So shoes are on the shopping agenda.

I do have a big ol' fancy dress (black, velvet, strapless, awesome hot pink lining inside) that I bought for a fancy holiday party when I first moved here in 2000. I've only worn it once or twice, and not for years. So I tried it on, and while it still fits, it seemed actually kind of boring.

And on top of that, I couldn't zip it all the way up by myself, much less fasten the hook at the top. Darn living alone. :lol: So I figured I wouldn't bother wearing a dress I couldn't get myself into! Ha.

aaawww NO fun Moonlit! :( :
well i hope someone will change with you somehow! :hug:ss

Thanks for the :hug: :). I hope so, too, but if not, ah, well-I'll have next Monday and Tuesday off, so that can be my reward of sorts.

Thora, agh, I know what that's like. Hopefully you'll find yourself a job and be able to have some shopping fun soon. I'm looking forward to when I get paid again, I've got some things I'm going to buy-a couple things for myself, the others for a couple friends/family (late Christmas/birthday gifts).

Thanks, MA! I hope something will come soon. :)

We're having 95% of our Seattle family up for our annual New Years gathering - they all arrive tomorrow afternoon. It should be wonderful fun as always. We never do anything too nutty - it's just appy's and boatloads of wine and champagne, and a few sparklers. :) This year my mom bought these super cool looking wish lanterns that you light and then release into the sky or the ocean. My aunt did it for Christmas, and her photos of it are so cool. So we'll be doing that at some point over the weekend. Hopefully I'll get some good photos of it.

Yeah, it should be pretty meaningful, especially with my aunt's cancer, so we'll be sending up wishes and prayers for her full recovery. I'll probably bawl. :lol: We often do things like that whenever someone's seriously ill or has a new baby/new house or whatever, just asking for blessings and hope. It's always really cool.

I'll for sure post whatever ones I can manage to get. :)

glad at least ML you'll get 2 days off very soon!

good you have a dress cori, and back up boots!

Oh a hot pink lining :drool: on your other dress!
Maybe for that dress to rock again, you need the right accessories!! :hyper::drool: :D

THora that sounds like a really nice party! :hyper:

Yeah, it should be pretty meaningful, especially with my aunt's cancer, so we'll be sending up wishes and prayers for her full recovery. I'll probably bawl. :lol: We often do things like that whenever someone's seriously ill or has a new baby/new house or whatever, just asking for blessings and hope. It's always really cool.

I'll for sure post whatever ones I can manage to get. :)

oh that's really moving. :)

Twiddling my thumbs for another 4 hours at work. I was hoping to leave early (am off tomorrow), but my boss had to leave because her daughter is sick. So I have to stay and hold down the fort. Boo!

Am going shopping tomorrow. Whoo! I spent so much time saving for Ireland, I feel like I haven't done proper shopping in a long time. And I have gift cards/money from Christmas (got an unexpected bonus, which was awesome), so WHOO!

Going to a fancy-schmancy party on New Year's Eve - my friend plays in a big band, and they've been playing this fancy-dress party for a few years now. She gets to bring a guest, and I get to be that guest! Yay! I haven't ever gone out for fancy New Year's before.

Have been inhaling the first two seasons of The Wire. Will likely inhale season 3 this weekend.

Fancy party sounds super fun. We will of course want pics of you in your LBD (little black dress)

OOh fancy New Years Eve party sounds fun. It's been absolute ages since I went to a real NYE party. Lately it's movie or TV show marathoning with a quick step out the door at midnight to set off a few poppers with a glass of champagne, then back in for more TV. :D

We're in the middle of a 24 rewatch marathon at the moment, and just started Six Feet Under (first watch) yesterday.

this will be us - totally. I bought Mr.Z season 2 of Psyche :hyper:

Thanks, MA! I hope something will come soon. :)

We're having 95% of our Seattle family up for our annual New Years gathering - they all arrive tomorrow afternoon. It should be wonderful fun as always. We never do anything too nutty - it's just appy's and boatloads of wine and champagne, and a few sparklers. :) This year my mom bought these super cool looking wish lanterns that you light and then release into the sky or the ocean. My aunt did it for Christmas, and her photos of it are so cool. So we'll be doing that at some point over the weekend. Hopefully I'll get some good photos of it.

This sounds fun too! My SIL is from Brasil and on NYD they go down to the beach and throw flowers into the ocean. I wish I lived near the ocean :sad:

From the old thread:
In before the thread ends! :dance:

Zooey just left. :sad: I haz sad.
It was sooooo fun seeing you. I totally wish we could have spent the rest of the morning gabbing over coffee and then headed down to the beach or something. Would have been lovely. Maybe in March... :love:

FYI: I put over 2K miles on my car this week :crack:

From the old thread:

It was sooooo fun seeing you. I totally wish we could have spent the rest of the morning gabbing over coffee and then headed down to the beach or something. Would have been lovely. Maybe in March... :love:

FYI: I put over 2K miles on my car this week :crack:

It was great fun! And yes next time we must make more time. Loved your g n t's :sexywink: and I probably :blahblah: too much after a couple of those. :censored::shifty::reject:

:lol:

OH and you just missed the fog. It's so foggy here tonight you can't see down the street!

It was great fun! And yes next time we must make more time. Loved your g n t's :sexywink: and I probably :blahblah: too much after a couple of those. :censored::shifty::reject:

:lol:

OH and you just missed the fog. It's so foggy here tonight you can't see down the street!

Like I said on FB, I come from the land of fog (SF) so it would have felt like home. I think we both babbled after 2 of my heavy pours :giggle:

Almost at a milestone post. :shifty:

picspam, plz

Watching the Anaheim 1 DVD :drool: we should have stayed up late to watch it last night - sooooo much goodness...
*enjoying another gnt as we speak*

Night to Dazz :wave:!

You know, cancer just needs to die already. An aunt of mine passed away from that a couple months ago. I can't wait until the day a full-on cure is announced for that disease. Sending on my thoughts to your aunt-I hope she gets better :hug:.

That party sounds like an awesome idea, and lots of fun. I too look forward to the pictures :).

Like I said on FB, I come from the land of fog (SF) so it would have felt like home. I think we both babbled after 2 of my heavy pours :giggle:

picspam, plz

Watching the Anaheim 1 DVD :drool: we should have stayed up late to watch it last night - sooooo much goodness...
*enjoying another gnt as we speak*

OMG we should have! :drool:

Picspam for Zooey. :hmm:

PIT7-26-2011cpenyak17.jpg

PIT7-26-2011cpenyak18.jpg

PIT7-26-2011cpenyak19.jpg

Hi everyone in the new thread. My week has been shite which is why I haven't been around. Just popping in to say hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom