PGP - Riding across the universe on Dr. Robert's Love Bus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JezSnape said:

Hey, I got away with that once, I'm not sure I'll be able to do it again :tongue:

I agree with Jem, 7 is a lot easier and faster to type. Besides, we already have a Liz here, don't we? Since I'm not sure how she feels about telling people her real name, I won't say who... :shh:

Did someone call me? :wink:

Whenever I know another Liz.....I usually refer to her last name. But I'm glad I don't have to do that here :D

where's your earlier post? I'll have to go back and look, I'm here late as usual ;)

I'm fine, my fingers are cold though!

Girls, if any of you see this tomorrow (or tonight, DG), sorry for my abrupt exit earlier, the power in my house flicked off for a sec and then back on, and my computer didn't reboot as normal....I could hear the computer trying, but the monitor stayed black. I had to get ahold of my sister since I knew she had a spare monitor and then went out to her place to pick it up, and visited for a couple of hours. Just got home and hooked up the monitor and it seems that I was right, that's all it was, and not the computer. :sighofrelief:

DG, I'm so sorry you're feeling the way that you are, and, I know that normally you probably wouldn't have spoken that way to us, or thought that we don't want to listen, or that we don't care about you. You KNOW that's not true...but, you're an intelligent girl, and I think you know just as well as we do that as much as we can (and will) listen, we can't really fix things for you. We're all concerned, and just want you to get the help you need. :hug:

I'm off to make/have dinner now. With the computer problems, my priority was obviously the computer :shifty: and now that that's fixed, I can eat. :wink:

Back from my church council meeting and all caught up :wave:

DG :hug: VP said it perfectly

VP :uhoh: I'm glad to hear you got the problem fixed, and easily enough! *phew! still, scary! :wink:

Yay!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :happy:

Have any of you girls ever heard of Blind Items, with regard to celebrity gossip? There's this one story I've been following for a few weeks (following = obsessing over :reject: ) and it seems that my guess was right...I'll know for sure on Wed. :hyper:

~BrightestStar~ said:
SG! :hug :

Hi!

So....

how are things?

:shifty :

Gushy details?! :hyper :

:lol: not much to share, really. Things were really awkward at first, he got all shy on me and I thought he didn't like me :sad:
but we talked it out and realized we just needed to take it slowly, cuz in some ways we were just meeting. After that it went better. He is very sweet, and rather than a heart pounding head spinning sort of romance, we have a more laid back, safe & secure sort of thing developing. It's quite nice :happy:

I'm going to see him in March or April, and he's making plans to come back here again next fall :) he wants to bring his son next time

you saw the one picture, (sorry I never PM'd you back :reject: )

here's another of us:
megavsat88072.jpg

:love: and I just think he looks really cute in this one:
gavnewtattoo2.jpg

he got a new tattoo of his sons name done like graffiti, and the 'tag' is his friend's name, the one who died in the motorcycle accident earlier this year

VintagePunk said:
Yay!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :happy:

Have any of you girls ever heard of Blind Items, with regard to celebrity gossip? There's this one story I've been following for a few weeks (following = obsessing over :reject: ) and it seems that my guess was right...I'll know for sure on Wed. :hyper:

:scratch: nope. :shrug:

do tell!

Sad_Girl said:

:lol not much to share, really. Things were really awkward at first, he got all shy on me and I thought he didn't like me :sad
but we talked it out and realized we just needed to take it slowly, cuz in some ways we were just meeting. After that it went better. He is very sweet, and rather than a heart pounding head spinning sort of romance, we have a more laid back, safe & secure sort of thing developing. It's quite nice :happy

I'm going to see him in March or April, and he's making plans to come back here again next fall :) he wants to bring his son next time

you saw the one picture, (sorry I never PM'd you back :reject )

here's another of us:

:love and I just think he looks really cute in this one:

he got a new tattoo of his sons name done like graffiti, and the 'tag' is his friend's name, the one who died in the motorcycle accident earlier this year

:hug::heart:
I'm so glad to hear things eased out...I *knew* they would! And did I read that you had some sort of transportation issues? Did that put a ka-put on the chicago trip? Ah well, I'm sure you guys did a bunch of other stuff...
like....
*looks expectant* ;)

I'm sure it was hard with him leaving, but that's great you've already got something more to look foreward to. :)

And no worries about the PM, it was easier to send you random PMs then try to express myself via txt message (aka no smilies :lol: )

You two look so cute!

PS. He *is* cute :shifty: :sexywink:
Plus an accent...way to go. :D

Blind items are when a gossip columnist will say something like "guess which A-lister was caught in the bathroom of Club X snorting white power..." except they're worded way more cleverly, and with some hints thrown in so that you can generally make a reasonable guess as to who they're talking about...

The one I'm obsessed with involves the golden era of Hollywood, and it's one of the most fascinating, surprising and scandalous things I've ever read. I'll find a link to the original item...

Original item:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2007/08/life-and-times-of-timmy.html

I *think* this link should take you to a page of subsequent updates over the next two weeks:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/search?q=Timmy

You have to read from the bottom up to get them in the right sequence. And if that link doesn't work, just go to the original one above and at the top of it is a thing where you can "search blog"...type in the word Timmy and then search.

Old Hollywood was SO fasinating. :drool: And the people that post there have done an INCREDIBLE amount of research to solve this....just from reading their comments, I have about 5,000 books about that era that I want to read, and movies I want to see. :drool:

We didn't get to go to Chicago, but we spent a day in Detroit, including having dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. We also went to 'Michigans adventures' an amusement park, walked on the Lake Michigan beach in Ludington, visited Traverse City, did a couple of different days in Grand Rapids, ate at a lot of good restaraunts, did a LOT of Shopping (he's quite the shopper!), went to see 'Balls of fury' with my nephew and his girlfriend, went to a concert/party hosted by the tattoo shop, got new tattoos, attended a parade/block party in Mount Pleasant (central Michigan University), and took a couple of long walks on local trails. He also learned all about baseball by watching several Tigers games with my dad. :lol: my family loved him

We also just sat outside enjoying the weather quite a bit - I spread a blanket under a shade tree and read my book and he soaked up the sun

Back
Top Bottom