PGP - Riding across the universe on Dr. Robert's Love Bus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
he's a good photographer as well

The beach at Ludington
016_16A.jpg

'Shivering Timbers' roller coaster
022_22A.jpg

~BrightestStar~ said:
I was just about to slink back in and apologize for diappearing...:shifty:

*So* fascianting, I'm completely drawn in....:drool:

I *know*!!!!! Omg, this story has taken over my life, of late. :lol: :reject:

It couldn't have come at a better time - it first appeared at the very end of August, and for the past two weeks with the thread so quiet, it's occupied me for countless hours, preventing me from sinking into a missing Sarah-type depression. :lol: I read the daily hints, then the comments/research that others have done, I start doing my own research, and next thing you know, I look up and it's 3 am, and I'm getting all freaked out because I'm studying the faces of long-dead actresses, looking for scars. :lmao:

sorry - I was watching the last episode of Dr Who season 1 :heart:

I will definitely have to check that site out when I get a chance - but for now I have to go

have to take the nephews to school in the morning, so I need some sleep tonight :yawn:

:hug: bye gals; good to see you!

~BrightestStar~ said:
^ :laugh:
And now your computer moniter has chosen to foil your hunt! Forcing you to squint at little tiny pictures in search of scars...

Danny Kaye :heart:

I am so sucked in...this isn't good :uhoh:

So are you just reading the items so far, or the comments, too? Although it'll take you like a week to get through the comments attached to every item, I know there's at least one, maybe two that are at over a thousand comments, and many of the rest have hundreds.

Many of those people have madd research skillz. :bow: :drool:

Of course, then there are others who completely ignore the hints and keep suggesting actresses it couldn't possibly be. :angry:

Want to know my guess? I've been thinking this person from the very start...well, I thought it was one of two, but then the other one was on one of his hints as a 'not,' so I've been thinking just this person for about a week and a half now.

So, I know the actress persona, I'm *pretty* sure I know the closeted A-lister, but I have no idea who Timmy is...I think he's going to be someone who is only known to hardcore theatre buffs.

Night SG :hug:

Drea, Wed, I'll be sitting at the computer refreshing like a mofo waiting for the reveal. :drool:

Oh yeah, I think I also have a reasonable guess as to how and why it happened, too. There are three or four really good theories floating around about the person I (and the majority of people there, really) think it is, and there's one that I really like, and think is plausible. Can't wait to find out for sure. :hyper:

VintagePunk said:

So are you just reading the items so far, or the comments, too? Although it'll take you like a week to get through the comments attached to every item, I know there's at least one, maybe two that are at over a thousand comments, and many of the rest have hundreds.

Many of those people have madd research skillz. :bow: :drool:

Of course, then there are others who completely ignore the hints and keep suggesting actresses it couldn't possibly be. :angry:

Want to know my guess? I've been thinking this person from the very start...well, I thought it was one of two, but then the other one was on one of his hints as a 'not,' so I've been thinking just this person for about a week and a half now.

So, I know the actress persona, I'm *pretty* sure I know the closeted A-lister, but I have no idea who Timmy is...I think he's going to be someone who is only known to hardcore theatre buffs.

The amount of comments and information is overwhelming.
I'm skimming through it all.:drool:

I must admit, I don't have the greatest depth of knowledge into old hollywood, but certain names jump out....but it's all so fascinating!

And the research these people have done is insane :ohmy:
I've notced the utter bliss in ignoring the hints too. :tsk:

And yes, I want to know your guess!
(I'll even help search for scars. :lol: )

How did you come across this site?

How I came across the site it kind of a convoluted story. :lol: You know how I go on TWOP, right? I've been going to that site for eons, since the late 90's, I think. Don't really participate, but I read. Anyway, the owners of that site (it's a couple from Toronto, actually) also own a website called Fametracker, and that site USED to have the most awesome message board, with funny, snarky posters. I actually met corianderstem over there, before I even started coming here. :) Anyway, their message board closed down, and I missed it so much, it was awesome! Months, maybe a year ago, I was lamenting to cori via PM how much I miss that forum, and she told me that some members of it created another message board that has many of the same types of snarky, celebrity-based threads, and gave me the url. One of the threads there deal with Blind Items, so maybe once a week or so, I check in their and read the blind items posted and check out people's guesses. It's semi-amusing and good fodder for boredom...so, I read the original Timmy BI there, and from there, found the website it was originally posted on.

The theory goes that something happened to Alice, and Timmy filled in for her, essentially took over her career.

If you look at her imdb page (and her IBDB - Broadway, theatre database) you'll see she started out really early in silents and plays. It's speculated that something happened to her (breakdown, illness, death, maybe) and that "Timmy" stepped in and took over her career for the talking movies portion of it, from 1933 till the end.

The entire theory is much longer and more complex, and involves several players and their roles in the deception too, but that's the gist of it.

It was acting up for me, too. Took me five minutes to post this. :grumpy:

^ Mystery, intrigue! It certainly seems plausible....I'll have to keep an eye out for posts.

I am so going to end up reading through *everything* :drool:

"Strangely, Brady's statuette was swiped by a male impostor who came onstage to accept the award on the absent actress' behalf. It has never been recovered, and the imposter was never tracked down. Before the Academy could re-issue another copy of the statuette, Brady passed away.

Brady died in New York City of cancer on October 28, 1939, shortly after filming Young Mr. Lincoln with director John Ford."

Interesting indeed...

This is a young pic of her, from the silent era. I think she's gorgeous. :heart: In a weird way, I've grown really attached to her. :lol:

Brady01.jpg

Here's an older one - and if the story is correct, this should be Timmy:

Brady05.jpg

I would think her early 20's for the first one (I love the flapper look :cute: ) and probably early 40's for the second?

I think it's been documented that she'd had rhinoplasty done - due to an accident, maybe? Another thing is, she had a younger half-brother who died mysteriously in an explosion, and they didn't find a body, just a few parts (ewww!)...so, it's been speculated that her brother was Timmy.

Also, their dad sounds like the type who might exploit his family for profit, so... :happy:

I just googled Cesar Romero, the name seemed vaguely familar but I couldn't place it....the joker!
There was some special on Space during the summer, and they ended up interviewing some of the originals from the show...let's just say they were quite the characters. They had old interviews of him too...he was going on about the laugh...

~BrightestStar~ said:
I just googled Cesar Romero, the name seemed vaguely familar but I couldn't place it....the joker!
There was some special on Space during the summer, and they ended up interviewing some of the originals from the show...let's just say they were quite the characters. They had old interviews of him too...he was going on about the laugh...

Yeah, through all this research (I've googled, wiki'd and IMDB'd more celebrities than I care to count these past few weeks), I read somewhere that the role of The Joker was written just for him.

~BrightestStar~ said:
I remember studying the 2o's in history :love:
I wish I could do thier crazy dances! :lol:

Death in a mysterious explosion eh?
I'm lovin this. :drool:

Yeah, I was reading an article about the explosion a few days ago...I don't have the link, sorry. :(

Oh! Wikipedia William Haines - he was listed in a hint as someone who mentored Timmy. VERY sweet story, made me tear up when I was reading it. :lol: :heart:

Sigh, damn early classes are going to be the death of me. :grumpy:
I should prob head to bed, as much as I don't want to!
Omg, I can't wait to delve into this some more tomorrow :drool:

As if I needed something *else* to be addicted to. Thanks a bunch VP. :angry:

:kiss:

Feel free to regale me with more tales/wikipedia entries via PM.

Back
Top Bottom