PGP - Remembering the good ole days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoishot said:

OK then no mushyness :angry:

All the reminiscing almost made me start too :reject: :lol: :hug:

Molly i know what you mean. Although i have alot of friends in my area the only 1 i really talk to about everything is Kat, my best friend. I guess no one else (except Kat) understands me aswell as the girls :love:

my best friends from my early childhood still live in ireland and my best friends from highschool live in LA and Georgia :D
but i do have some friends here that i have had for a while but...

VintagePunk said:

Ummm, hello, have you been reading my posts for the last week? :lol: I let it all hang out to an embarassing degree. :wink: I keep saying, it's so easy to forget that it's not just us girls hanging out together in someone's living room...

:yes: I know! Sometimes I look back and think :yikes: I wonder who else has read these. One of these days someone is gonna show up and know everything about us, while we never even knew they existed :uhoh:

VintagePunk said:

I know what you mean. Many of my friends were my ex's...and i guess he got custody of them. He's very persuasive and charming when it benefits him. :| And I do have other friends of my own, but they're married with families, and although I love them dearly and know I could go to them anytime with anything...I generally don't. On a day-to-day basis, we have little in common. It's just a difference of where we are in our lives right now.

I have one really close single friend, but honestly, lately, she's been bugging the shit out of me. :reject: :lol:

There friends he got custody of - their loss is our gain :hug:

Whats she doing that so annoying.:lol:

hey girls! dvd's done and my friend just left. we didn't like the movie--A History of Violence. :yuck: Had great reviews but I didn't find it all that interesting. Glad to see you're still here!

VintagePunk said:

Ummm, hello, have you been reading my posts for the last week? :lol: I let it all hang out to an embarassing degree. :wink: I keep saying, it's so easy to forget that it's not just us girls hanging out together in someone's living room...

:hug:
and to be really honest, and i know this is odd, but i just trust U2 fans.... i think they must somehow believe in most of the same things i do... is that silly? :ohmy:

~BrightestStar~ said:
I miss my posse from highschool. :sad:

It's been to long since I've talked with many of them

:sigh:

Me too...although I kinda knew that I wouldn't stay in contact with most of them sadly. I really found out who my real friends were after moving to Montreal. While I was here I think only stayed in contact with maybe 4 of them at max.

ruffian said:
hey girls! dvd's done and my friend just left. we didn't like the movie--A History of Violence. :yuck: Had great reviews but I didn't find it all that interesting. Glad to see you're still here!

i wondered about that film!
i still have my casanova and tristan and isolde dvds to watch..
i loved both of them in the theatre soo ...

ruffian said:

:hug: WB! And I liked that movie :up: but My Husband hated it :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: I know! Sometimes I look back and think :yikes: I wonder who else has read these. One of these days someone is gonna show up and know everything about us, while we never even knew they existed :uhoh:

:lmao: :uhoh: :yikes:

You know, they say that nothing on the internet ever dies, so techinically everything will still be out there somewhere in the distant future. It's like we're leaving a record of our lives...or at least the smuttty, drama filled parts of our lives. :lol:

Mucca said:

Me too...although I kinda knew that I wouldn't stay in contact with most of them sadly. I really found out who my real friends were after moving to Montreal. While I was here I think only stayed in contact with maybe 4 of them at max.

my 2 best buddies i still talk to once a week each!
i dont know what i would do without them!

Ruff!!! :hug::heart:
So glad you came back!! I thought I probably wouldn't see you again for awhile since I rarely come on anymore.

VintagePunk said:

I still remember waking up to Wild stroking my hand. :cute : :love : And you two were gone so fast, but that was just as well, because I would have been a blubbering mess. :lo l:

and I was really sad about leaving the cake, too. :lmao: :sad:

I was so close to tears when we were on the plane :sad: :reject: :lmao:

I wish i'd tried to take the cake on the plane. It would have been soooo much better than the plane food :combust::lol:

Sad_Girl said:

:hug: WB! And I liked that movie :up: but My Husband hated it :lol:

it just didn't seem to go anywhere, and i thought it was a litte heavy handed. by the end i was like: :rolleyes: but to each her own! I did finally watch In the Name of the Father the other night. loved it!!!

gah, ya'll are making me paranoid. let's not forget that some of the people i, ahem, "work with" have found me here before :yikes:

*tries to fade into the scenery*

Molly Bloom said:

that stinks... why did he get custody? You seem lovely!!
what has she been doing to bug you?

i find out that a lot of people use me to get to my guy and what they think he can get them...
it makes me feel so bad... like i am not good enough to like on my own... and i know that isnt true... it has just made me a rather reclusive gal... i dont let people get too close anymore which is sad as i am so trusting and love everyone...

Thanks. :) He and I are very different. With me, it's 'what you see is what you get.' If I'm in a bad mood, or displeased, you'll know it. Kind of a 'heart on my sleeve' kind of person. I can't help it, that's just the way I am. Him, he's more submersive and manipulative. He can put on a good show for people when he wants/needs to. So, in many cases, I think, I came out looking like the bitch, and he twisted things so that that became reality for many people. I didn't go around badmouthing him when we split, but sadly, I found out later that he did just that to me. Oh well, live and learn. If those people choose not to look beneath the surface and see things how they really are, it's their loss. :shrug: I know who my real friends are. Something like that shows you. And there are members of his own family who are closer to me than they are to him, so that ought to say something. :|

I'm sorry to hear of the superficiality you've run into with regard to your boyfriend and apparent friends. It would tend to make you suspicious of others. You two have been together for a long time, right? I'm really sorry, but I'm not exactly the most informed about new/indie music, but I take it he's quite well known?

Mucca said:

:hug:
It's hard, because I was really close with a group of them, yet we knew intuitively that despite that, we were all going in different directions.

Actually it's funny, I've stayed in closer contact with some of the boys from my posse, but that's likely cause they came to the same university,

Damn, I want to go back to grade 10...even if only for a few days :heart:

Oh, and while I'm time travelling....I wouldn't mind passing by last september again...........a few times. :shifty:
:love:

Ruff! Welcome back! :hug:

Molly Bloom said:
welcome back ruff! may i call you ruff?
:wave:

absolutely!

Mucca :hyper: It's been a long time! Even when I posted frequently you always were here way after my bedtime!
Jem, for the love of god you're still up???

ruffian said:

it just didn't seem to go anywhere, and i thought it was a litte heavy handed. by the end i was like: :rolleyes: but to each her own! I did finally watch In the Name of the Father the other night. loved it!!!

gah, ya'll are making me paranoid. let's not forget that some of the people i, ahem, "work with" have found me here before :yikes:

*tries to fade into the scenery*

wow .. in the name of the father...
i lived in divis flats when all that was going on...
that movie made me sob and literally throw up...
i thought it was brilliant but i have never been able to watch it since...
i am tearing now just thinking about it ...
:huh:

Molly Bloom said:

my 2 best buddies i still talk to once a week each!
i dont know what i would do without them!

:yes:

I don't really talk to my best friends as often as you do but everytime we talk it goes on for hours. It makes me so relieved that we're able to catch up without feeling like we're strangers after having not talked for awhile.

Mucca said:

:yes:

I don't really talk to my best friends as often as you do but everytime we talk it goes on for hours. It makes me so relieved that we're able to catch up without feeling like we're strangers after having not talked for awhile.

i think that is a hallmark of real friendship--being able to pick up where you left of :up:

VintagePunk said:

Thanks. :) He and I are very different. With me, it's 'what you see is what you get.' If I'm in a bad mood, or displeased, you'll know it. Kind of a 'heart on my sleeve' kind of person. I can't help it, that's just the way I am. Him, he's more submersive and manipulative. He can put on a good show for people when he wants/needs to. So, in many cases, I think, I came out looking like the bitch, and he twisted things so that that became reality for many people. I didn't go around badmouthing him when we split, but sadly, I found out later that he did just that to me. Oh well, live and learn. If those people choose not to look beneath the surface and see things how they really are, it's their loss. :shrug: I know who my real friends are. Something like that shows you. And there are members of his own family who are closer to me than they are to him, so that ought to say something. :|

I'm sorry to hear of the superficiality you've run into with regard to your boyfriend and apparent friends. It would tend to make you suspicious of others. You two have been together for a long time, right? I'm really sorry, but I'm not exactly the most informed about new/indie music, but I take it he's quite well known?

yes you do find out who your real friends are.. which is always painful :hug:

we have been together nearly 14 years :D
when we started dating he had just been playing with
well here read his bio and disco
:D
www.mattchamberlain.com

i tend to tell everyone he is my guy cause i love him and am so proud... but sometimes it gets me in trouble :(

Molly Bloom said:

wow .. in the name of the father...
i lived in divis flats when all that was going on...
that movie made me sob and literally throw up...
i thought it was brilliant but i have never been able to watch it since...
i am tearing now just thinking about it ...
:huh:

i can imagine how hard that must have been for you. I truly hope the situation finally resolves itself this time around.

bonoishot said:

There friends he got custody of - their loss is our gain :hug:

Whats she doing that so annoying.:lol:

OMG, I could go on forever. :lol: Her life is complete chaos, but she's the type that brings a lot of it on herself. I've ALWAYS been there for her. But recently? Telling her some of the stuff that's been going on with me? Her reply was: "my life's like that every day." Then she went on to talk about herself. :|

Ruff!! I knew you wouldn't be away for long. :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom