PGP - Remembering the good ole days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruffian said:

:lmao:

ass tattoos! i swear, i'd have done it last year. everything else was totally insane, so it would have been an appropriate context for impulsive behavior.

If only they'd been open, we would now be contemplating how to remove them once our asses start sagging to the ground. :sigh:

Sad_Girl said:

I wish you could come up to TO and Visit again in June :sad: It won't be the same without you

I wish i could be there aswell :sad: but you girls and Adam will have loads of fun :happy:.

You have to come visit while im there next year :D :hug:

Im sorry about your sisters news :sad: Thats sooo sad him them being sooo young :(

:hug: Thanks guys. I've always told my sis that she has one of the most difficult jobs, but that it makes such a difference that she sticks with it. There are plenty of teachers who are just there for the paycheck and could care less about the kids. When I've been to her classroom or to a school event with her, I can see how much she means to the kids. She has a lot of students who are adults with college degrees and families of their own now who still keep in touch

Hi, Weldy! How are you?? :hug: :wave:

Ruff, I know so well what you mean about being nostalgic for last year. I had something to do on a freelance assignment this morning, and I felt compelled to find the posts I made last year around the time of the second Meadowlands concert. I wish that life was like Groundhog Day, where we could relive a day like that over and over and over and...!

And Ruff, while you're here...you've got to read PUG HILL by Alison Pace. It's a trade paperback ($14) chick-lit book, and the heroine's favorite place is Pug Hill in Central Park where lots of pugs and their people meet on weekends. It's one of the best books I've read in years; I even wrote about it in my journal. I think you'd really love it.

Sad_Girl said:

:sad: We won't have too much fun :wink:

I think we may have to wait for Ruff before we do that :lmao: We can't leave her out, after all

we'd all end up with ass tattoos with each other's screen names!

:lol:

too many plebans in one place, with alcohol=danger.

i was going through receipts for my travel last summer and found my ticket stubs for all the european shows. *sigh* I remember waving into the stands at Wild before we'd ever met in person...and sleeping in highly questionable places with Alli...and having some heart-pounding exciting moments. Interestingly, I've just pieced together that this week is a one year anniversary of all kinds of things that made for an interesting year :eek:

Sad_Girl said:

*Ahem* How quickly you forget several days last September and October :flirt: :hug:

You're right. :) It just seems so far away right now.

I seriously think we all need an annual thing. I know I do. To recharge with you all, to get me through the rest of the year. :hug:

:mushy: :lol:

VP :hug: :wave:

I've been going through an emotionally difficult time, and haven't been in the Party mood lately. That's why I haven't been around. When I'm sad and things aren't going well, I tend to go into an corner and hide instead of reaching out to people.

But it's so good to see so many of us here today!

ruffian said:

oh, so the Easy Street you were referring to is the record store on...what street is that? Near the arena where U2 played! I shopped there about three times in two days when I was in town for the concerts last year. Cool collection of t-shirts there.

I'm excited about seeing Northern Ireland--have only been to Dublin, so it should be interesting. I'm involved in a seminar studying the peace process there. I read your profile--born on Bloomsday!!! I think my seminar is in Dublin on that day (june 16th, right?) and so I'm re-reading Ulysses.

no i go to the west seattle location

yes bloomsday is a james joyce reference :D it was a point of pride for my gran to have a green eyed grandbaby born on bloomsday
i adore easy street.. the one i go to is in west seattle, the one you went to is on queen anne : one of my dear friends works at the one over here in west seatlle so i go have a cuppa and chitter with her.
:yes:

Diane L said:
Hi, Weldy! How are you?? :hug: :wave:

Ruff, I know so well what you mean about being nostalgic for last year. I had something to do on a freelance assignment this morning, and I felt compelled to find the posts I made last year around the time of the second Meadowlands concert. I wish that life was like Groundhog Day, where we could relive a day like that over and over and over and...!

And Ruff, while you're here...you've got to read PUG HILL by Alison Pace. It's a trade paperback ($14) chick-lit book, and the heroine's favorite place is Pug Hill in Central Park where lots of pugs and their people meet on weekends. It's one of the best books I've read in years; I even wrote about it in my journal. I think you'd really love it.

i'll have to check out the book! i just got a portrait done with my 2 dogs...diane, what's your email and I'll send it over. the pug looks oh-so dapper!

ruffian said:

i was going through receipts for my travel last summer and found my ticket stubs for all the european shows. *sigh* I remember waving into the stands at Wild before we'd ever met in person...and sleeping in highly questionable places with Alli...and having some heart-pounding exciting moments. Interestingly, I've just pieced together that this week is a one year anniversary of all kinds of things that made for an interesting year :eek:

One year anniversary? :hmm: The fax? Or the first smouldering look? :flirt:

Sad_Girl said:

*Ahem* How quickly you forget several days last September and October :flirt: :hug:

SG, I think October 8 was just about the best day of my life! Lately I'm getting such a kick out of remembering how I walked up to Adam's car & shook his hand and told him we love the Silver Fox look. I kind of shake my head and can't believe I was so bold to do that, but I was just so damn determined to meet that man!

Hi, Jem!! :hug: :wave: How are you?

~BrightestStar~ said:
Ruff's here?!!? :hyper: :faint:

:love:

Bri... :drool:

all the girls are here!!! :sniff:

Diane, I know what you mean. I withdraw, as well. April was the cruelest month for me, no doubt. But I'm trying to move on and be grateful that 2005 was so amazing.

And we do need an annual thing! You guys get your arses to Dublin. Last one at the bar in the Clarence is a rotten egg :tongue:

Diane L said:
VP :hug: :wave:

I've been going through an emotionally difficult time, and haven't been in the Party mood lately. That's why I haven't been around. When I'm sad and things aren't going well, I tend to go into an corner and hide instead of reaching out to people.

But it's so good to see so many of us here today!

:hug: Hope things start looking up for you soon, sweetie. :heart:

VintagePunk said:

One year anniversary? :hmm: The fax? Or the first smouldering look? :flirt:

first conversation, and then, about a week from now...the fax.

:eek:

Last edited:
Ruff, if you have a minute, I just sent a PM about the major thing that's going on with me, since the rest of the girls already know.

Bri's back!! I was hoping you'd get back here! :happy:

ruffian said:

First :flirt:

:lol :

Back
Top Bottom