PGP - Remembering the good ole days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruffian said:

we finished the main semester, had a three day break (i went to florida for a quick vacation) and now are in an intensive one-month term...and i'm teaching an extra class to pay off some Vertigo debt.

:crazy:

I leave for Europe right after graduation, so I'm delighted about that!

I am nostalgic for all the fun times we all had together. This time last year was chicago--hard to believe it's been so long!

I wish you could come up to TO and Visit again in June :sad: It won't be the same without you

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Go to U2Tours.com....then go to the places where the filmed the DVD. There you will find the setlist that they played in :wink:

oh no no i mean this program on medieval castles :D
i know all of the music on U2 dvds :D

Sad_Girl said:

I wish you could come up to TO and Visit again in June :sad: It won't be the same without you

I wish I could! Is everyone having a get-together then?

Molly, I hate it when they don't show credits for songs on shows! They never do that on The Sopranos and it's impossible to find out who's sung what.

VP, i was easy last year. I have scruples this year, ya know. :madwife:

And i'm in europe May 28 till first week in July, anyway. don't you all go having fun without me!

ruffian said:
How can Jon Bon Jovi still look so damn hot? I just downloaded a bunch of Bon Jovi from iTunes :heart :

Don't apologize for the chatty email--great to hear all the news. I'd hoped that guy would come to his senses and start chasing you, after all this time :lol :

I don't know but he defo looks :combust:

He hasn't started chasing me yet. :madwife:. I should just get over him but i say that every week :lol:

Talking of Dave (his hair is really short so at times it looks like he hardly has any hair ) i walked into work this morning and seeing his bald(ish) head over the top of the desk i thought seeing that bald head makes me so happy. :happy: Me and Kat were in tears laughing at the before. It sounds way too soppy for me to have said that as im never like that. :lmao:

Yep Wilds been doing great :D

I just got off the phone with my Sister :heart: She's had a really rough couple of days - yesterday one of her students (one of those students who she really bonded with and has had in class for several years, freshman through senior) died in a car accident. His girlfriend (Who they had just started to suspect was pregnant - they were very excited about it) is in critical condition in the hospital.

My sister gets really attached to some of the kids she teaches; she's a very devoted teacher, and in the past few years her school district has had a lot of car accidents involving their students - but it hurts just as much each time they go through it. Maybe more because she/they are still sensitive about the last one...

This particular student told her in 9th grade that she shouldn't even bother with him, because he'd never graduate High School. After one of the other car accidents last year he told her he didn't think he'd live past his teen years.

He was 19, two months shy of 20, and was about to graduate high school. :sad:

ruffian said:

I wish I could! Is everyone having a get-together then?

Molly, I hate it when they don't show credits for songs on shows! They never do that on The Sopranos and it's impossible to find out who's sung what.

VP, i was easy last year. I have scruples this year, ya know. :madwife:

And i'm in europe May 28 till first week in July, anyway. don't you all go having fun without me!

i know!! phooey!

where are you going in europe?

VintagePunk said:
Besides, I do believe we have a tattoo parlour in TO awaiting us to get ass tattoos together. :lmao:

:lmao:

ass tattoos! i swear, i'd have done it last year. everything else was totally insane, so it would have been an appropriate context for impulsive behavior.

Sad_Girl said:
I just got off the phone with my Sister :heart: She's had a really rough couple of days - yesterday one of her students (one of those students who she really bonded with and has had in class for several years, freshman through senior) died in a car accident. His girlfriend (Who they had just started to suspect was pregnant - they were very excited about it) is in critical condition in the hospital.

My sister gets really attached to some of the kids she teaches; she's a very devoted teacher, and in the past few years her school district has had a lot of car accidents involving their students - but it hurts just as much each time they go through it. Maybe more because she/they are still sensitive about the last one...

This particular student told her in 9th grade that she shouldn't even bother with him, because he'd never graduate High School. After one of the other car accidents last year he told her he didn't think he'd live past his teen years.

:sad: i am sad to hear that! i am glad she is a teacher, we need all the dedicated, caring ones we can get!

Diane L said:
:hug: :wave:

Ruffian!!! You're here!!! How are you???

Diane!! :hug: how are you, sweetie? God, I miss all you girls!

Molly, I'm in Ireland (Dublin, Belfast, Derry, Galway) Italy, and Denmark this summer. Where do you live? I need to check out your profile!

ruffian said:

:sad: We won't have too much fun :wink:

VintagePunk said:
Besides, I do believe we have a tattoo parlour in TO awaiting us to get ass tattoos together. :lmao:

I think we may have to wait for Ruff before we do that :lmao: We can't leave her out, after all

i live in seattle now :D
i spent a lot of my childhood in belfast and college years in dublin!
it is a lovely lovely country !!
i was in italy last fall and just adored it... i have never been to denmark though, but hope to go soon!

Sad_Girl said:

:sad: SG, what a terrible thing for your sister, and for the family of the boy. It's an awful reminder about how short life is...carpe diem, and all that.

Molly Bloom said:
i live in seattle now :D
i spent a lot of my childhood in belfast and college years in dublin!
it is a lovely lovely country !!
i was in italy last fall and just adored it... i have never been to denmark though, but hope to go soon!

oh, so the Easy Street you were referring to is the record store on...what street is that? Near the arena where U2 played! I shopped there about three times in two days when I was in town for the concerts last year. Cool collection of t-shirts there.

I'm excited about seeing Northern Ireland--have only been to Dublin, so it should be interesting. I'm involved in a seminar studying the peace process there. I read your profile--born on Bloomsday!!! I think my seminar is in Dublin on that day (june 16th, right?) and so I'm re-reading Ulysses.

Back
Top Bottom