PGP: Pop Giffing Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is Sons of Anarchy?
What Comet said.

A show about a biker family. It's pretty good. And the lead actor on there has an amazing accent in real life, although he has to cover it up in the show and talk like an American. but in RL he has a California/Brit accent. It's pretty awesome dude. :lol:
Charlie Hunnam. :drool:

:shifty:

I have to say though, there are some pretty bad fake Irish accents in that season. :uhoh: Which i totally don't get... if you are going to film an entire season in Ireland, HIRE SOME IRISH ACTORS! Or at least get some actors who can do good accents!

I have to say though, there are some pretty bad fake Irish accents in that season. :uhoh: Which i totally don't get... if you are going to film an entire season in Ireland, HIRE SOME IRISH ACTORS! Or at least get some actors who can do good accents!
:lol: Yea, I noticed the horrible ones too... it was hilarious to me.

Which one was in "Braveheart"?

Buddy Holly and Johnny Cash, FTW. (I R old!)
Chibs, played by Tommy Flanagan

This guy
s3005originalresolution.jpg

And you can't forget Johnny Cash....Godfather of rockabilly.

Well yeah...but I think Buddy Holly pre-dated him a bit. Cash wasn't that well known until the 60s, and even then, I don't think he did the rockabilly thing that became the precursor to punk. He was an amazing artist all the same, though.

I think that would be Tommy Flannagan. It also has Kim Coates who I like a lot. He was great in Waterworld. :lol:

Kim Coates plays my favorite character. :shifty:

Thanks--for some reason I was thinking of David O'Hara, who played Stephen, the batshit crazy Irishman. I loved him!
I loved Stephen! He was freaking awesome!

From the last thread...

Just doing a "spot" catch-up. Hope the run was good. Do you have a race coming up?

It was brutal, but good. Uphill for most of the way (5k in total). Oy vey! And yes, I have one on Oct 2. So I'm trying to be good and exercise a lot in this last month.

PGP: I wish I could quit you

:lol:

It is SUCH a gorgeous night out tonight! :love: The moon is crescent shaped and really golden, and you can see the lights of another island in the distance, and oh my god it's beautiful!! :drool: I tried to take a few pictures, but of course it didn't work, and doesn't do justice to how amazing it looks outside. I wish I was young(er) again and could sleep outside on the dock, because I'm sure it would be glorious. Sadly, I like my bed too damn much to do that any more. :wink:

It is SUCH a gorgeous night out tonight! :love: The moon is crescent shaped and really golden, and you can see the lights of another island in the distance, and oh my god it's beautiful!! :drool: I tried to take a few pictures, but of course it didn't work, and doesn't do justice to how amazing it looks outside. I wish I was young(er) again and could sleep outside on the dock, because I'm sure it would be glorious. Sadly, I like my bed too damn much to do that any more. :wink:

Aw, sounds amazing! Pretend you're younger and DO IT! :D

Aw, sounds amazing! Pretend you're younger and DO IT! :D

:lmao: Thanks, but no thanks. :wink: I doubt I'd get a wink of sleep. I did sit outside for a while to enjoy the view. :)

I have to get up at a decent hour tomorrow, since I'm now helping out with the wedding that's being held at my parents' camp, so I should get some sleep. :D

I haven't seen a movie in a while. Okay, I did see Harry Potter, but other than that, it's been an age and a half. I know I have a free movie, popcorn & drinks for 2 people coupon, but I can't remember when that expires. I've had it for a long time, so I should really check that out when I get home, and then use it up if it's still valid. :)

It's 3:07am and I'm awake. :angry: I went to bed at about 11:30, then woke up at 2:30. I'm exhausted, but I can't sleep, so I've been futzing about on the internet for a little bit. I'm going to go read my book for a little bit now and hopefully I can fall back asleep for a while. DO NOT LIKE. :sigh:

I hate bad fake Irish accents :angry: ...*Shudders at thought of Tom Cruise in Far & Away*

Kristen, are you looking forward to classes starting? I know you're very bored with your job.

I miss school. I almost feel like I'm too old to go back now, though. :sigh:

You're not old :hug:

Thanks. :hug: I had a plan. Honours BA, work for a year or so (preferably in my field) then back for grad school. Didn't exactly work out that way. Now, I feel like I'm paralyzed with no options. Blerg. But enough of my angst.

How exciting to be so close to being done! What do you want to do when you finish?? :hyper:

You have a Honours BA :shifty:

A Honours in Bono Adoration :lol:

And you can't forget Johnny Cash....Godfather of rockabilly.

Oh! Just wondering what you're listening to!

Do you know Buddy Holly? Proto-punk. Check him out. He's awesome.

Wait, what? What?

*blink*

How can this be? (and I did hear some Johnny Cash on the radio earlier...)

I was hearing stuff from '51 which was apparently played 'on the jukebox in the back', as the radio show is called. I'll try to pay more attention if I listen to it again :lol:

Sounds beautiful :)

That reminds me, I'd forgotten....last night when the on campus concert was wearing long, I ended just laying back on the grass and looking up at the stars...I love looking up at the sky...it looks like infinity with little dots in it. Makes concerts way better. I wish there was more space on the GA floor for that, ha. Or that I could, say, tear my eyes away from B's pants :shifty:

So my sister called me back at midnight yesterday...ugh, now I wish I hadn't gotten my phone ringer fixed because even if it's a song I like it's an irritating motherfucker.

Also, I had an interesting dream about looking for the Joshua Tree with my mom...

From the last thread...

It was brutal, but good. Uphill for most of the way (5k in total). Oy vey! And yes, I have one on Oct 2. So I'm trying to be good and exercise a lot in this last month.

:lol:

Good luck with the exercise. I've gotten a bit "soft" this summer and it's going to be hard to work it off. I really like bad food!

The night sounds beautiful - sorry you couldn't sleep. I crashed out well before 10pm again, woke up at 6am but didn't get up 'tll 7:30

This was the Groupon from yesterday. I don't get what Bono has to do with the restaurant but it was kinda funny. I play on "vertigo" perhaps?

50% SAVINGS 438 PURCHASED 1 day REMAINING
We're in awe of Bono, and not just because the guy knows How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. The singer, songwriter, and humanitarian extraordinaire is the only One we know who can flip-flop between a love so easily. Lucky for you, with today's deal you won't have to live without Contigo: Pay $25 for $50 to spend on food and drink. Using sustainably sourced ingredients, this cozy eatery -- one dozen tables fill the narrow nosh spot -- features a menu of Latin American- and Spanish-inspired plates. Sample the Las Favoritas (dates stuffed with Spanish chroizo and wrapped in smoked pork), and if you Desire seafood, try the Carioca-style shellfish stew. Looking for the Sweetest Thing? Sip one of the inventive cocktails or save room for the tres leches cake for dessert. At half off, this deal is your oppor-tune-ity for a Beautiful Day of dining.

^ *snicker* that is awesome.

Grace—I'm watching that video compilation, and Larry is delicious :drool: I like drummers...

And inside the lemon looks like one of those strange kids shows from the 90s...

It's on megavideo but I'm sure Grace can link you it when she wakes up :)

I have Larry's voice narrating everything I type now...oh god yes.

Bono just said in the interview, 'I'm still ickle' :giggle: :cute: Oh you silly boy, you so cute.

Back
Top Bottom