PGP: Pop Giffing Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watching the Coldplay bits on Palladia now. I did enjoy the full show they got on Palladia. Wish they'd done the same for U2, but oh well. Thank god for the internet!

Edit: Awwww, they showed Beyonce and Jay-Z jamming out to Viva la Vida in the audience. :cute:

OOH I heard the Spider-man song Rise Above on the radio tonight. I was flipping through stations and heard it and nearly flipped out! I was so surprised! :D

Watching the Coldplay bits on Palladia now. I did enjoy the full show they got on Palladia. Wish they'd done the same for U2, but oh well. Thank god for the internet!

They nearly did for U2; I think SBS was basically the only thing we didn't see all of...

Coldplay's Charlie Brown in Glastonbury '11 made me cry :reject: in an 'oh god, amazing' sort of way. Also, make sure to look at their crazy rainbow pants/shoes assortment. It's hilarious. And if you have the interview after, Chris Martin looks really stoned during that.

@comet—that is awesome :hyper:

Here's some of what I just read in At The End Of The World that happened to be hilarious:

297581_2256698373612_1132925157_32627939_105933_n.jpg

Best. Descrip. Ever.

321465_2256697733596_1132925157_32627938_638984_n.jpg

(can I please?)

Really? I don't remember seeing anything about U2's set being on Palladia, at least not as a separate "event."

Was Coldplay's a separate event?

I think I got the BBC vids from my friend...but it wasn't the same as what was on TV, since there was no sudden cutting to the weather channel, commercials, and they removed some of the irritating announcer people. Anyways. They were both kinda long and had biography/history of the band thingies before them...and roughly came to about the same length, in my versions.

Ah yeah, I remember there were a few different BBC versions floating around after the actual gig, I think.

Palladia actually aired Coldplay's entire set that Saturday. Not quite "live," but the same day.

Ah yeah, I remember there were a few different BBC versions floating around after the actual gig, I think.

Palladia actually aired Coldplay's entire set that Saturday. Not quite "live," but the same day.

Ahhhh...yeah, now I remember about Palladia :lol: I don't think it's here in Baltimore, or at least I sure as hell can't get that channel on my computer.

Anyways. Yeah, I remember seeing Coldplay's concert aired twice on there (made my friend come over and watch it since she loves Coldplay)...but no U2, wtf? and their only U2 stuff is at like 4 am. Something wrong there. Anyways. I guess they figure Coldplay's a younger, hotter band? :no:

They did have a good performance, but please please why Palladia did you not do U2 as well.

(My versions were from online at the BBC site, I think...only available until about a week after the event though)

@Tara— Random Larry picspam, oh god yes. Unf. (especially that one where his hair's in his eyes :drool:)

Why are there sizes on the bottom?

That live image would be entertaining XD

is your new pic from Rolling Stone or have I just got Rolling Stone on the brain?

wowwww I feel drunk from lack of sleep :drunk:

That live image would be entertaining XD

is your new pic from Rolling Stone or have I just got Rolling Stone on the brain?

wowwww I feel drunk from lack of sleep :drunk:

No. It's from the Get On Your Boots promo covers.... I just cut the rest of the band out :reject:

I made complete album artwork for an album I made of his solo stuff. This was the back of the inlay. :reject:

Poor rest of the band! :lol:

Ooh, that's cool. Me gusta his expression. Not so much how short the hair is, but his face...oh man.

Ok, gotta go sleep. I've been staring at youtube of Joy Division lack-of-sleep-drunk-ly thinking 'heehee you guys are so pale...'

Night! :wave:

Just a quick drive-by from me, as I'm about to pass out with exhaustion. I ended up sleeping for a few hours after I posted last night. Today was the wedding (I see it was a day for PGP'ers to attend or attempt to attend weddings! :wink:), so I was helping out in the kitchen all day with all the food. :drool: It was hard work, but good fun. A lot of the guests had arrived last night, so we served them brunch in the late morning, then after the ceremony there were appy's, then a few hours later was dinner. We could see the ceremony taking place from the kitchen, and I went outside a few times to sneak pictures. It looked gorgeous! I didn't know the bride & groom at all, so it felt kinda weird taking pictures of them. :giggle:

But now I'm exhausted (and sorta drunk) from standing and working for 12+ hours, then drinking a LOT of booze and getting really giggly after the dinner was over. :lol: Fun fun fun!

Anyway, I'm headed to bed, but wanted to drop by to say hi. Hi! :D And now goodnight. :hug:

I can never find used ones of the books I need. My classes don't have a high number of students in them. Political science books are hard to find.

We need some sort of mass book sale that the students can go to and sell their used books. Right now, you can only sell them by putting up flyers.

I buy everything off Amazon now. One of my classes this semester has FIVE books. FIVE. FIVE!!!!! All you need is the ISBN number to search with and you'll find it. Sometimes Amazon themselves offer brand new copies at a fraction of the school bookstore/rental/digital price and beat the used sellers too - this round a couple of the $85 books were only $35 plus free shipping from Amazon. And as soon as I finish the final, I just repost the books for a dollar cheaper than everybody else and they're sold back in a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom