PGP: Pop Giffing Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to become directional in less than a month :crack:

Guess what. In about 2 months, the godawful band that opened for U2 in Oakland (Moonalice) is going to be in Baltimore :laugh:

...fuck. Too many buses or trains I'd have to switch to get to the fairgrounds in York, PA. (no, not for Moonalice) And on a Tuesday, no less. :|

Earlier I watched a Dire Straits show from 88, and discovered a previously unknown crush on Mark Knopfler. Now watching a Steely Dan dvd from 2000, and surprise - Donald Fagen circa 2000 crush. Next up is ELO. I'm fairly certain there will be a Jeff Lynne crush in there somewhere, too. I'm easy for old rock stars, apparently.

Aww XD thanks guys

The sad tradeoff of art school is it'll be a while until I get the chance to do what I wBt in terms of art...then again it's been a while since I've drawn myself and 4 hours was pretty worth it.

I'm gonna go read more of At The End Of The World... Also, just realized my classes on wednesday are late afternoon do next tuesday I should totally just go to Pennsylvania to see Joan Jett live :) :happydance:

Aww XD thanks guys

The sad tradeoff of art school is it'll be a while until I get the chance to do what I wBt in terms of art...then again it's been a while since I've drawn myself and 4 hours was pretty worth it.

I'm gonna go read more of At The End Of The World... Also, just realized my classes on wednesday are late afternoon do next tuesday I should totally just go to Pennsylvania to see Joan Jett live :) :happydance:

DO IT. Trust me, when you're old, you'll never say to yourself "I really regret going to concert X..." See as many concerts as humanly possible. :up:

On that note, I just discovered that Steely Dan are playing two nights near Philly soon, and then a week-long stand at the Beacon Theater in NYC playing various entire albums each night. SIGH.

Other than doing laundry and dishes, I have been a complete slug this weekend. And it was wonderful! :D

VP, I also LOVE Mark Knopfler. I never got to see Dire Straits in concerts, so I'm hoping that one of these days, MK will tour again. And show up in my area!

VP, I also LOVE Mark Knopfler. I never got to see Dire Straits in concerts, so I'm hoping that one of these days, MK will tour again. And show up in my area!

Me either. Omg, what an amazing guitarist. The guitar in Sultans of Swing makes me swoon. :heart: I found a torrent of the Mandela 70th birthday concert from '88, and that's what I was watching.

donald-fagen.jpg

:drool:

Earlier I watched a Dire Straits show from 88, and discovered a previously unknown crush on Mark Knopfler. Now watching a Steely Dan dvd from 2000, and surprise - Donald Fagen circa 2000 crush. Next up is ELO. I'm fairly certain there will be a Jeff Lynne crush in there somewhere, too. I'm easy for old rock stars, apparently.

:giggle:

Hello there pretty lady :flirt: How are you on this SUnday night

Actually, yes it can. /back to work

Sigh.

this

I think the 3 day weekend was too early in the school year - it's reminding me of summer. It's gonna be like starting all over on Tuesday.

I'm scrapbooking for the first time in a long time :nerd: I just did the first of a few pages from the Coldplay concerts in 2009. I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Again - :nerd:

I was going to quote this and say I had no idea who it is, but I see in the quote the pic file name so now I know. :lol:

:hug:

Sons of Anarchy premieres on Tuesday night. I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

:ohmy: I did not know this. Yay!

I'm back, had to go watch Breaking Bad. Ooooh that show. Love it. Tonight's episode made me feel all sad and sentimental for a bad guy. Love when shows can do that. Actually I liked this character already, but he was very cold, and tonight broke my heart for him so it was awesome. Ok enough about that since I don't think anyone else here watches it! :reject:

:hug:

Sons of Anarchy premieres on Tuesday night. I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

Ah, the sweet anticipation of a favourite show coming back!

:giggle:

Hello there pretty lady :flirt: How are you on this SUnday night

this

I think the 3 day weekend was too early in the school year - it's reminding me of summer. It's gonna be like starting all over on Tuesday.

I'm scrapbooking for the first time in a long time :nerd: I just did the first of a few pages from the Coldplay concerts in 2009. I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Again - :nerd:

Thanks for that. :kiss: I turned on my webcam for a sec earlier to show Sarah something (okay, I was making one of our cats wave to her - :lol: ) and i saw myself on the screen and scared myself, shudder.

We don't get another long weekend till our thanksgiving in October, and then nothing till Christmas. :scream: Long weekends all summer have been keeping me sane. I'll probably be ready to go postal by the end of November.

I've always liked Steely Dan's music, but THIS is one of the things that really got me into them. So fucking funny. Hey Luke Wilson

The dvd I'm watching, they are doing faux interviews with their band members between songs, and they're making me laugh out loud, really funny guys.

DO IT. Trust me, when you're old, you'll never say to yourself "I really regret going to concert X..." See as many concerts as humanly possible. :up:

Fuck yes.

At least, I'll try. Not looking forward to walking back to campus at god knows what hour, but it's worth it...

And yes, Tuesday can come fast enough :no: I don't want Painting yet! I need to do 2 oil paintings tomorrow, before Tuesday can happen!

I just had a really nice, spontaneous writer moment where a poem came to me...out of nowhere...:love:

And I am definitely about to go to sleep :yawn:

I was going to quote this and say I had no idea who it is, but I see in the quote the pic file name so now I know. :lol:

:ohmy: I did not know this. Yay!

I'm back, had to go watch Breaking Bad. Ooooh that show. Love it. Tonight's episode made me feel all sad and sentimental for a bad guy. Love when shows can do that. Actually I liked this character already, but he was very cold, and tonight broke my heart for him so it was awesome. Ok enough about that since I don't think anyone else here watches it! :reject:

:yes: I must know what happens. *just finished season 3 for a third time*

I watched it when it aired, then I got my dad and brother into it and we watched it on some weird website, and now I've gotten my mom into the the show and we just finished the DVDs.

:shifty:

Ah, the sweet anticipation of a favourite show coming back!

Waiting until Tuesday night will be torture. :sad: :reject:

I've always liked Steely Dan's music, but THIS is one of the things that really got me into them. So fucking funny. Hey Luke Wilson.
And in case anyone was interested, this is Owen Wilson's reply. :lol:

Owen Wilson Says 'Dupree' Is No Rip-Off

In a statement released by his spokeswoman, Ina Treciokas, Wilson said: "I have never heard the song `Cousin Dupree' and I don't even know who this gentleman, Mr. Steely Dan, is. I hope this helps to clear things up and I can get back to concentrating on my new movie, `HEY 19.'"

...is everything happening on Tuesdays? *blink*

Ugh. I think I'm getting sick.

I hope not. I hope it's just because I have a headache.

Night, guys. Sleep's obverrously necessary :crack:

The only TV show I'm really into these days is "Falling Skies", and the season is over. Next season doesn't start until June 2012. :angry:

Go to bed, katie. You're on eastern time now. Sleep will help!

Back
Top Bottom