PGP - PLEBAholics Unanonymous:- we're addicted and proud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: What a mental image... :wink:

I've got a baseball-style-top thing... black sleeves, with the red cocktail glass/targety thing on it... I don't think I qualify for a "scary PLEBA girl" shirt just yet... :angel:

Eek. I dunno how much difference it would make, but I got told that your left thumb should be kinda propped at the back of the neck, not hooked over the top... :shrug:
(the neck of the bass, I mean, not your neck... cos that would be silly.)

And I'm so dumb, I only just realised the thread title says "Unanonymous"... brilliant :D

yeah...i'm not too bad in that respect, but it's more in which fingers i use for the different notes - i'm bad in that i tend to favour my first two fingers and forget the others :| bad! bad! bad!

Aaah... my teacher gave me an excersise to do, where you use all four fingers on the left hand (and ideally on the right, too, although I suck at that)... I wonder if I can write this out...

G-----4--
D----3
A---2
E-1
Where you use your left index finger on the E string, middle finger on the A, ring finger on D and little finger on G....

Then you go up the other way, with your index finger on the G string and so on (pinky on E):
G--1
D----2
A------3
E--------4

Then shift one fret up and do it all again:

G--------5--2--------------6--3--------------7--4---
D------4------3----------5------4----------6------5
A----3----------4------4----------5------5------ and so on....
E--2--------------5--3--------------6--4--------
... etc. etc. etc. all the way up the fretboard....

Dunno if that made any sense, or if it'll help... :shrug:

</bass lesson> Like I'm qualified! :lol:
:reject:

Last edited:
i've just been trying to answer a hardcore review question for my theory minor (yay! i know what i want to say but can't seem to be able to say it!) so my brain is a bit tangled and fried, but yeah, that makes sense...and each finger is on a different fret?

haha! you know what? you've had more lessons than me, therefore you are qualified! this might be just the break i need!:wink:

It sucks when the words are there but won't come out... my brain's pretty fried too. I woke up about a billion times last night, from wierd dreams (I dreamed my brother started posting on interference! :lol: ) and I need to go to bed any second now...
But yeah, use a different finger on each string/fret on the way down, then swap them around on the way back up again. (If you can use a different finger on the right hand for each string too, you'll be doing better than me!)

Yay for teachers being one step ahead of students... :D
Seriously though, I'd be happy to help out however I can.

I go sleeps now. Hope your wrist gets better! :hug:

Last edited:
cheers ali! i'm up for bed now too...nice hot shower & a bit of a read - for my enjoyment thankfully!! i think i just need to realise that a) i need more strength in my last two fingers and b) i shouldn't expect that strength to come easily or straight away.

sigh.

work. work. work.

18.gif

Hey :love: SG! :hug: I'm fine... had a long schoolday, but turns out I got a decent grade for latin (first one this year or so :rolleyes: )
how are you?

I'm glad to hear you got a good grade :up:

and I really hate to do this to you, but I have to take off. :sigh: it's going to be a long night, here. I have to meet with Mark to settle our property terms of agreement for the divorce and then I have a church council meeting right after that.

So I'll probably not see you again until tomorrow :hug:

Alisaura said:
... Not wearing blue, but I am actually wearing my Interference t-shirt... :reject:

Dammit, Edge just took another nose-dive off my wall... If I have to stay here, so do you, mate! *makes mental note to bring in blu-tack tomorrow*

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom