PGP - plannng our 2011 road trip!!! - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #901
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
AHHHHH, now something seems to be wrong with my laptop. I had it unplugged during the storm, then plugged it back in after, and it would charge/use AC power for like two minutes, then the icon would show it went back to battery, even though it was still plugged in. If I unplugged it at the back of the computer and plugged it back in, the AC would work for a minute or two, but it kept going back to battery. I turned it off for a bit, then turned it back on and sat very still with it till it recharged fully. Seems to be okay for the moment. :fingerscrossed:
Ack! Sending good computer working vibes your way.

Stupid pieces of crap!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #902
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuropa_fit View Post
Yeah - we start early but we get out early too. I actually know some schools that went back this week!!!!!

Yes, one app. is to teach overseas and the other is to study overseas - but I can't do that w/o the scholarship - hence THREE separate applications - teacher exchange, university and scholarship applications. It would be for the 2011-2012 school year and once the applications are in, it's just a waiting game until the spring. They do interviews in, like, February or something. Then 2nd interviews... then make a decision in April I think.

Yeah, thanks.
Esp. will need hugs going back to work - it's always a really hard transition for me - physically and emotionally.
I remember the feeling of dread at the end of each summer. Till I started uni. I went year round for most of the time, only took one summer off in 5 years. But then I loved what I was doing in uni.

Continued good luck with the essays, too. I remember Sarah had to write a ton before uni, and how stressful it was for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
Sends ***good vibes*** to VP's computer!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Ack! Sending good computer working vibes your way.

Stupid pieces of crap!
Thanks. i really do NOT need this right now.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #903
Blue Crack Supplier

It's official, Riverdale storm was a tornado
Updated 8 p.m., 7/26

The storm that passed through Riverdale yesterday, smashing tree limbs into houses, toppling whole trees onto cars, tearing up power lines and leaving some without a place to sleep, was the first tornado to hit the Bronx in more than 30 years, according to the National Weather Service.

The brunt of the destruction, created by winds around 100 mph, was felt by north Riverdale from Palisade Avenue to Fieldston Road, between West 254th and West 261st streets. Residents there reported broken windows from flying debris and smashed roofs from fallen trees. Ladd Road was hit extremely hard, with trees snapped in half and some completely uprooted.

A few visitors received minor abrasions due to broken glass at the Hebrew Home at Riverdale, spokesman David Pomeranz said. There was also lawn furniture and trees sprawled all over the grounds, and a sculpture was damaged as well.

“I think it was a cyclone. It came in from west to east and then went north,” said Stuart Boynton, a resident of Palisade Avenue. A large maple tree was down in his backyard and many trees were missing their tops.

“This is like a wartime landscape,” he added.

Mr. Boynton is one of 100 customers still without power as of 3:30 p.m. on Monday, according to ConEd’s website.

The storm began at approximately 3:40 p.m. on Sunday afternoon. ConEd reported that 1035 customers in the Riverdale area were without power at 3:45 p.m.

“The radar suggests that it was not a tornado, that it was strong, straight-line winds associated with the thunderstorm,” a spokesman from the Office of Emergency Services said, adding that the storm is still under investigation..............

THIS.

thank goodness it wasn't worse than that!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #904
ONE
love, blood, life

Wow Dazz!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #905
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
AHHHHH, now something seems to be wrong with my laptop. I had it unplugged during the storm, then plugged it back in after, and it would charge/use AC power for like two minutes, then the icon would show it went back to battery, even though it was still plugged in. If I unplugged it at the back of the computer and plugged it back in, the AC would work for a minute or two, but it kept going back to battery. I turned it off for a bit, then turned it back on and sat very still with it till it recharged fully. Seems to be okay for the moment. :fingerscrossed:
Yikes! That's the main reason we had to get a new laptop. The battery wouldn't charge anymore and it sometimes wouldn't recognize that it was plugged in. *neo-pagan-hippie-techie-vibes for VP's computer* Maybe it's just the storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post

I'm sometimes so slow at this!

And I don't always find the multi-quote as fast for me - sometimes yes- when it's not so many.
I really have to try and use it more.

some people will think I'n diiberately trying to be a postwhore.
I saw someone last week or so (in another thread) was like "Hey Daz, why don't you use the multiquote function?" and I was like "Why does it matter?'
Old 07-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #906
Blue Crack Addict

Yikes! That's some storm. I complain about Tucson - A LOT! - but we don't get earthquakes or tornadoes or whiteouts or hurricanes or floods.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #907
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancoke71 View Post
Wow Dazz!
if i see photos of the lawn area I think i will cry!

Actaully i'm planning to visit my dad there soon......i will cry!
They have such a beautiful and nice sized lawn with many big trees! I used to love to go out there with my mom.
(she died 2 years ago)
Old 07-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #908
Blue Crack Distributor

Dazzled Was it bad where you are?

We usually get several watches every year, sometimes the odd warning, but they generally don't amount to anything, or they're very low grade and hit in rural areas. Every 10 yrs or so though, there are bad ones in the area (never right here)...bad enough to do damage or cause some injuries.

I think what freaks me out so much is that when I was a kid/teen, my parents had a trailer parked at a park about 20 minutes from here. We'd spend pretty much every weekend out there, but then I got to an age where I didn't want to go, but I was too young to stay by myself, so I'd go to my sister's for the weekend - she lives on a farm just outside of the city. I was at her place, it's way up on a hill, and we watched this horrible storm approaching, really awful and scary. We didn't find out till after the fact, but there were bad tornadoes in the area from the storm - a line of them hit about a half mile from my parent's trailer. It was a fairly large park, and if it had been closer, there would have been a lot of injuries or deaths...of course, my parents were there at the time, too.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #909
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuropa_fit View Post
Yikes! That's the main reason we had to get a new laptop. The battery wouldn't charge anymore and it sometimes wouldn't recognize that it was plugged in. *neo-pagan-hippie-techie-vibes for VP's computer* Maybe it's just the storm.
I generally don't unplug mine that much. The same thing happened a week ago when I had to unplug it for another storm, but that time the I only had to re-plug it in a time or two, and it was fine.

Did you get yours looked at? When stuff like this happens, it's generally either the cord that's bad, or the pin inside the computer that the plug goes onto gets loose - the latter happened with Sarah's a year ago and cost less than $100 to fix. It's very common with laptops. I'm not sure that's what's wrong with mine though, because if it's that, the tip of the cord gets really hot, and wiggling the cord at the back of the computer will cause it the ac to go off and on, and mine isn't doing either.

I do know mine needs a good cleaning, it's probably jammed full of cat hair.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #910
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Dazzled Was it bad where you are?
Our area was fine! Thanks!!!!

But i was in a Bus in Manhattan heading north and OMG!
WHAT A DRENCHING over that 10 mins or so!

Quote:
We usually get several watches every years, sometimes the odd warning, but they generally don't amount to anything, or they're very low grade and hit in rural areas. Every 10 yrs or so though, there are bad ones in the area (never right here)...bad enough to do damage or cause some injuries.

I think what freaks me out so much is that when I was a kid/teen, my parents had a trailer parked at a park about 20 minutes from here. We'd spend pretty much every weekend out there, but then I got to an age where I didn't want to go, but I was too young to stay by myself, so I'd go to my sister's for the weekend - she lives on a farm just outside of the city. I was at her place, it's way up on a hill, and we watched this horrible storm approaching, really awful and scary. We didn't find out till after the fact, but there were bad tornadoes in the area from the storm - a line of them hit about a mile from my parent's trailer. It was a fairly large park, and if it had been closer, there would have been a lot of injuries or deaths...of course, my parents were there at the time, too.
THIS.

OMG!!!!

i think it can also be scarer as an adult b/c you know what damage it's capable of, and the kind of effort and $$$ it takes to restore people, houese, infrastructure etc!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #911
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I do know mine needs a good cleaning, it's probably jammed full of cat hair.

BTW>>>
( I'm waiting for my a/c to arrive on Fri) .....so while I am continuing to organize and clean ( for THAT and in general)

I found the print outs for your cats as little kitties!
and I'll never forget your comment when they were on your bed and were learning to walk..... you said>>>

".....they kind of looked like little drunken sailors...." making their way across
Old 07-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #912
Blue Crack Addict

That's so freaky, VP.

Of course, our "storm" is yielding very very little rain. Just enough cloud cover and thunder to make the lifeguards close the pool, no doubt

Anyway, I'm off. My essays aren't going anywhere right now and I gotta go pick up the little one from day camp.

Stay safe tonight...
Old 07-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #913
Blue Crack Supplier

Holy shit, yo. Just found a $188 one way flight to Honolulu on the EXACT date I want to go in Dec. My dad's in a meeting right now, and my mom doesn't know when our hotel dates are booked. Cross your fingers this sale lasts for another 4 hrs or so, so I can book this ticket! I really should just go ahead and book it, but I'm hesitant in case there's a big change penalty. What to doooo??!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #914
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Holy shit, yo. Just found a $188 one way flight to Honolulu on the EXACT date I want to go in Dec. My dad's in a meeting right now, and my mom doesn't know when our hotel dates are booked. Cross your fingers this sale lasts for another 4 hrs or so, so I can book this ticket! I really should just go ahead and book it, but I'm hesitant in case there's a big change penalty. What to doooo??!!!
can you check on what the penalty policy is???!!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #915
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Sending good vibes to Zooey for her essays, and VP and Thora for their computers

Tags
bus, chicago, jerome, montreal, philly, plane, row row row ya boat, seattle, toronto, train, u2 wd40 tour