PGP: OMG that was better than ........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL Cori, not ment to cheer or mention you persionally, just a name I knew dfropm setlirt parutys, damhn phone, mindf spelling

This show is amazing. They all look so happy up there, but I think Larry's the one on fire this time. :up: The camera work is great too, they should hire the production team for their next dvd.

LoL Cori, not ment to cheer or mention you persionally, just a name I knew dfropm setlirt parutys, damhn phone, mindf spelling

I always feel guilty when I pop in, read a few posts and read again, and when I come back I see someone had noticed me and is all "HI, CORI!" and then I feel like a twit for not saying 'hi.'

Ok I just asked Chelsea to download the video boot at U2 start and she said she wanted to wait for the HD version. :rolleyes: I'm a little confused though because in the description of this one it says HD. Am I not reading this right or just totally confused? (entirely and probably the case!) This is the one I'm looking at, but I guess I don't see the comment you were talking about where someone said they will upload a better one?

U2 start.com | Shows | 2011-06-24 Glastonbury, England - Glastonbury Festival

sorry to be a newbie dumbdumb :reject:

No, it's confusing, because there are other torrents showing on the page, but it takes you to other sites (U2 torrents and Dime) where they were uploaded but banned, like, immediately.

I think on the top torrent (the one that's actually active on U2start), there's a comment about "oh, you should upload yours blah blah blah," but I couldn't see where the initial conversation started, so I was just all "eh, whatever, I'll download this one for now."

I really like Coldplay. :reject: :lol: I'm enjoying their setlist so far. Instead of showering and getting things ready for the party tonight, I'm watching that. :lol:

Ok I just asked Chelsea to download the video boot at U2 start and she said she wanted to wait for the HD version. :rolleyes: I'm a little confused though because in the description of this one it says HD. Am I not reading this right or just totally confused? (entirely and probably the case!) This is the one I'm looking at, but I guess I don't see the comment you were talking about where someone said they will upload a better one?

sorry to be a newbie dumbdumb :reject:

:lol: You're totally not, but it still made me laugh!

I don't know much about creating or converting dvd torrents, but the way I read it is that it's been taken from an HD broadcast, but converted in a way that doesn't maintain the hi-def. An HD file would be much bigger.

Actual HD torrents are useless to me anyway, as I can't burn them to DVD. And I like to have them on a physical DVD because I'm just so damned old school.

Yup. :)

There are better quality, HD versions out there on other torrent sites too, and in the comments of that thread, someone on U2 Start mentions that they have a higher quality version they could post.

The actual page where you download the torrent:

and these notes about the lineage is what I'm reading:

Lineage:
Sky HD > Panasonic DVDR > DVD Decrypter > TMPEG DVD Author > *.VOB > AutoGK (2passes) > *_avi (25 fps, 496x288 pixels).

So this is not HD? (it says Sky HD which I have no clue what that means. Thanks again VP :hug:)

Aww look what I just found. :D

Bono.jpg

So this is not HD? (it says Sky HD which I have no clue what that means. Thanks again VP :hug:)

That describes the whole process of the steps from getting it, to creating the file. Sky HD refers to where it came from, i.e. the Sky TV HD channel, and then it was recorded onto a Panasonic DVDR and then they ran the recording through a program called DVD Decrypter, and so on, until you get to the last thing which indicates they made it into an avi file.

Does that help? It's mostly silly techy talk that most people don't give a rat's ass about. :)

No, it's confusing, because there are other torrents showing on the page, but it takes you to other sites (U2 torrents and Dime) where they were uploaded but banned, like, immediately.

I think on the top torrent (the one that's actually active on U2start), there's a comment about "oh, you should upload yours blah blah blah," but I couldn't see where the initial conversation started, so I was just all "eh, whatever, I'll download this one for now."

:lol: You're totally not, but it still made me laugh!

I don't know much about creating or converting dvd torrents, but the way I read it is that it's been taken from an HD broadcast, but converted in a way that doesn't maintain the hi-def. An HD file would be much bigger.

:doh: oops sorry guys, I type so slow I missed these posts by the time I posted. :reject: Thanks :hug:

Hmm ok, I might just have chelsea grab this one then, since I dont wanna wait. :D

:doh: oops sorry guys, I type so slow I missed these posts by the time I posted. :reject: Thanks :hug:

Hmm ok, I might just have chelsea grab this one then, since I dont wanna wait. :D

I would grab this until something better pops up. It's a (relatively) small file, and there are a lot of seeders, so it doesn't take long to get.

Just to let you know, I know you all will get to first dload link there is, BUT, if you need ratio to that site, wait few days, as I am torrenting HD clip from basically whole Glasto from my box back in Fin, U2 to UsTorrent and rest to Piratebay :sexywink::wave:

I would grab this until something better pops up. It's a (relatively) small file, and there are a lot of seeders, so it doesn't take long to get.

This is the page your link takes me to, so I guess I click that link on the right to get there, I actually sent the link to that page too but maybe the link just takes you back here.

6-25-20113-03-55PM.jpg

Just to let you know, I know you all will get to first dload link there is, BUT, if you need ratio to that site, wait few days, as I am torrenting HD clip from basically whole Glasto from my box back in Fin, U2 to UsTorrent and rest to Piratebay :sexywink::wave:

Thank you! I'll look for it on Piratebay! :) I read somewhere today that IWF from Glasto is now on sale in iTunes, so U2 Torrents won't be able to host that complete torrent, sadly.

This is the page your link takes me to, so I guess I click that link on the right to get there, I actually sent the link to that page too but maybe the link just takes you back here.

6-25-20113-03-55PM.jpg

Yeah, same here, I guess you can't link directly to the download page?

Just click where it says "Video Bootleg," that'll take you to it.

Thank you VP and cori :hug:
If we get this one done ok I'll be trying Anaheim 2 next, though I may wait for a multi cam of that. :hyper:
So who is that guy in the pic with young Bono again? He looks familiar but I forget. Anyone know? Is it Dave Fanning?

Thank you VP and cori :hug:
If we get this one done ok I'll be trying Anaheim 2 next, though I may wait for a multi cam of that. :hyper:
So who is that guy in the pic with young Bono again? He looks familiar but I forget. Anyone know? Is it Dave Fanning?

I just downloaded a super HD version on TheBox :: Login but they have it up in two parts, and there should be 3. :huh: I'll probably delete it and wait for another full show.

YOU GUYS.

I just figured out a way to fly from here to Montreal and then from Toronto back home for $600. :panic: There is some serious "HOLY CRAP I MIGHT GET TO DO THIS" going on.

DOES THAT MEAN YOU MIGHT DO TORONTO TOO???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom