PGP: OMG that was better than ........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the drive from Portland would be shorter. :hmm:

(I wonder how much my attorney fees are going to be in the divorce? :lol: )

:wave:
Hi BonoMot, nice to meet you.

I think it shaves about 2-3 hours off. But I think the car rental fees were lower in Boston. Plus more options.

(hey if that can happen then I want Adam to be married to me and Mr CK - Mr CK would get used to it eventually lmao)

I don't know if I could convince Mr Ryan to share with me with Bono. He's not a huge fan. If I can bring Jennifer Anniston or Selma Hayek into the mix, I think he'd go for it.

I'm so glad they chose the Rosebowl moment in time to record the official dvd. Such great songs. NLOTH. :heart: One of their best songs ever. And my future tattoo. :up:

I was supposed to get the Joshua Tree on my back before I got married. I still want it. But I have 2 others to get before that.

I was supposed to get the Joshua Tree on my back before I got married. I still want it. But I have 2 others to get before that.

Yeah I have wanted the bassline from MW around my ankle for years now. I just never have the extra $$ to spend. :sad:

I was hoping to get it this tour, but of course that isnt happening. Oh well, maybe next year.

I love the version they played during 2001 with the remix at the start. They all came out with the lights up. *sigh* Memories.

I'm so glad they chose the Rosebowl moment in time to record the official dvd. Such great songs. NLOTH. :heart: One of their best songs ever. And my future tattoo. :up:

I started writing a blog post yesterday about songs I would love to see in the setlist, and that was on there. :up:

I'm going to go nap for an hour or two! My wrist is all throbby and I'm too dumb to write. Back in a bit! :wave:

I love the version they played during 2001 with the remix at the start. They all came out with the lights up. *sigh* Memories.

:up: And I think it deserves to stay. Such a great crowd reaction.

I've never had a really strong desire for a tattoo before (unless you count the drunken night on the Vertigo tour when several of us discussed getting U2-themed ass tattoos, I would have done it that night, had the tattoo parlour still been open, lol)...but I saw something in the U2 tattoo thread, a super awesome font. I want two lines from NLOTH done in a similar font, with decorative treble clefs around it. And then I want Bono to sign it, and I'd have that done, too. : dream:

:wave:
Hi BonoMot, nice to meet you.

I think it shaves about 2-3 hours off. But I think the car rental fees were lower in Boston. Plus more options.

:wave: What do you mean more options? Car rental places? Because I'm fine with a horse and wagon if it would get us there! :) Or hotels? If we had a horse and wagon we could sleep in the wagon and...

See how these boyz fry my brain? :doh:

I started writing a blog post yesterday about songs I would love to see in the setlist, and that was on there. :up:

I'm going to go nap for an hour or two! My wrist is all throbby and I'm too dumb to write. Back in a bit! :wave:

Sweet catless dreams. :kiss:

I also LOVE Unknown Caller. And Unforgettable Fire. And Ultraviolet. :love:

Can I :hug: you now? It's awesome to hear someone loving on that show. I get so tired of people ragging on it all the time. It's still one of the most special nights of my life! :heart: :reject:

And how do I not know about this tattoo??? :ohmy: whhhuuuutttt???? do tell! :cute:

I must add ASOH on the setlist dream list. I would die a happy death after hearing that one live. And Mofo. And OOC.

I think I've pretty much heard all my favourite songs (except the above ones) live, now that I got AIWIY and HMTMKMKM in Seattle. :rockon:

:wave: What do you mean more options? Car rental places? Because I'm fine with a horse and wagon if it would get us there! :) Or hotels? If we had a horse and wagon we could sleep in the wagon and...

See how these boyz fry my brain? :doh:

After Glasto ended I was ready to drive to MI and just sleep in the car. Waiting until Sunday morning to leave is SO HARD.

I've read so many times about people having these huge emotional reactions to U2 songs live, but I never had. It was almost like I was too much in awe to have that happen. Then in '09, standing way back at the soundboard (after seeing many other shows with Bono literally stopping 3 or 4 feet in front of me to sing), I heard Unknown Caller, and I lost it. Something about it just resonated for me at the time, I guess. So Unknown Caller is my jam, yo. :wink:

Hey Comet,
270074_176581635734380_166820623377148_445678_2199026_n.jpg

Happy Birthday

I've read so many times about people having these huge emotional reactions to U2 songs live, but I never had. It was almost like I was too much in awe to have that happen. Then in '09, standing way back at the soundboard (after seeing many other shows with Bono literally stopping 3 or 4 feet in front of me to sing), I heard Unknown Caller, and I lost it. Something about it just resonated for me at the time, I guess. So Unknown Caller is my jam, yo. :wink:

Aww :love:

Walk On has always been super emotional for me, as it's the song that saved my life, but I totally lost my shit when they played it in Seattle. I was literally sobbing like crazy. It's been 11 years, but for some reason on that night the song affected more than it ever has, live. I was a weepy mess, but it was the best moment ever for me. :love:

I had a similar moment at the Providence 10/30 show. We sat in line all day and made awesome friends. But I was worried I'd see my ex - at that point it was only 2 years since he left in a shitty way. Since him, Providence has left a bad taste with me. I don't care for Beautiful Day for the most part. But there was something about when Bono sang, "You love this town, even if that doesn;'t ring true, you've been all over and it's been all over you". I have a visceral reaction to that.

Streets will always get to me. Always. My earliest U2 memories are associated with that video. Seeing it live (or even HEARING a live version) never fails to make me misty-eyed. I've outright SOBBED at my shows during it.

And of course, finally seeing MW live in Tampa '09 after not getting it at my Vertigo show had me jumping, dancing, singing, screaming, and crying all at once. :lol:

If I ever manage a GA experience, I'll either be too in shock to react emotionally, or spend the entire show shrieking/crying. :crack:

Streets will always get to me. Always. My earliest U2 memories are associated with that video. Seeing it live (or even HEARING a live version) never fails to make me misty-eyed. I've outright SOBBED at my shows during it.

And of course, finally seeing MW live in Tampa '09 after not getting it at my Vertigo show had me jumping, dancing, singing, screaming, and crying all at once. :lol:

If I ever manage a GA experience, I'll either be too in shock to react emotionally, or spend the entire show shrieking/crying. :crack:

Yup, Streets makes me cry too. Every damn time. :love:

I lost it for AIWIY in Seattle (I cried a LOT at that show, but they were all GOOD tears), because that was SUCH a surprise. Hearing the first few notes of the song made being spoiler-free SO worthwhile.

I didn't cry for HMTMKMKM, but I sure as hell rocked the fuck out. I was VERY vocal in my appreciation for them playing that song! :lol:

Yup, Streets makes me cry too. Every damn time. :love:

I lost it for AIWIY in Seattle (I cried a LOT at that show, but they were all GOOD tears), because that was SUCH a surprise. Hearing the first few notes of the song made being spoiler-free SO worthwhile.

I didn't cry for HMTMKMKM, but I sure as hell rocked the fuck out. I was VERY vocal in my appreciation for them playing that song! :lol:

Yeah I cried a fair few times in Tampa. I stood there during WOWY and MoS sobbing because I didn't want it to end.

I know I'll be crying happy tears in MI. It's been SO long but SO worth it. And I cant wait to see my little boy see my beloved lads. I was pregnant with him at my first U2 show and now 5 1/2 years later we've come full circle and the little guy is going to see them!! It's almost too much!

Bad into Streets during the Elevation tour did me in. It was the post 911 shows which already had so much emotion. I felt like crying tears of joy.

I think i peed myself when they played Gloria during the Vertigo tour. That was the song that introduced me to the band in 1982 when I was 11. :heart:

Yeah I cried a fair few times in Tampa. I stood there during WOWY and MoS sobbing because I didn't want it to end.

I know I'll be crying happy tears in MI. It's been SO long but SO worth it. And I cant wait to see my little boy see my beloved lads. I was pregnant with him at my first U2 show and now 5 1/2 years later we've come full circle and the little guy is going to see them!! It's almost too much!

Yeah, I'll definitely be crying at the end of Montreal 2, for sure.

Aww, that's so cool! That's going to be an amazing night for you guys. :)

Aww :love:

Walk On has always been super emotional for me, as it's the song that saved my life, but I totally lost my shit when they played it in Seattle. I was literally sobbing like crazy. It's been 11 years, but for some reason on that night the song affected more than it ever has, live. I was a weepy mess, but it was the best moment ever for me. :love:

Aw. :hug: Walk On is an amazing song. I've always said that ATYCLB is my go to comfort album, it feels like a giant hug. :)

I had a similar moment at the Providence 10/30 show. We sat in line all day and made awesome friends. But I was worried I'd see my ex - at that point it was only 2 years since he left in a shitty way. Since him, Providence has left a bad taste with me. I don't care for Beautiful Day for the most part. But there was something about when Bono sang, "You love this town, even if that doesn;'t ring true, you've been all over and it's been all over you". I have a visceral reaction to that.

That's cool. :) For me, I love pretty much all of their catalogue, except for a couple on the back end of ATYCLB. the others I don't care for that much are simply a result of being vastly overplayed (by me! They're great songs, and it's my fault for being overexposed!) and BD is one of those. But those songs sort of shift in and out of the "overplayed" category for me. In '09, while the crowd was going crazy for BD, I used it as my bathroom break song. :lol: Then in March, the day I interviewed for my current job, I had such a great feeling about it. Left the interview on a super high, went home for an hour, and then went to a store to buy thank you cards for the people who interviewed me. Wrote them out in the parking lot, then went back to the place to drop them off. On the way there, I heard BD, and felt like I was SOARING. Went home, and an hour later, they called to hire me.

My point? it's just weird the associations U2 songs can have for us, and how they can fall in and out of favour in the blink of an eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom