PGP: OMG that was better than ........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was really funny and true until I kept reading her parents were my age. I'm not that lame, I hope to God. I was told I didn't look a day over 32 and I'm sticking to that. I said it was because I act like a 23 year old.

Well yeah, the mother is only 40, the kid is 22, so the mother had her at 17/18?? I'd be all STFU kid, your mother gave up her own childhood to raise you, let her have some fun, ffs. Snotty bitch. :lol: I wasn't that much older when I had Sarah, and she doesn't give me guilt trips about my nerdiness.

That's what I was thinking too. i've made long ass drives home after long days. *cough Rosebowl... got home at 4am :crack:*

I didn't get my passport for nuthin'. I want to do this. :scream:

Toronto. Just sayin'. :(

I can't believe we're not crossing paths this tour. :sad:

Check flights as well before making decisions. That part was painful. Flying into a nearby Canadian city was ridiculous, but Portland, ME and Boston were more reasonable (although involve a lot of driving).

Portland is 2 hours closer, but it involved a one-stop flight, and for a red-eye, I decided to pay more for direct into Boston, so I could sleep (ha ha) without having to stop in the middle of the night.

How long will your drive be to Moncton from Boston? I am gathering info right now... the more you guys tell me, the bigger enablers you are. I like big enablers. :shifty:

Uh .... 9 hours. :reject:

:lol:

I'm taking a red-eye to Boston that will get me there early Friday morning. My plan is to drive as much as I can on Friday. If I can make it there in one day, awesome (my camping pass is good for Friday as well). But if I need to stop, I plan on staying at a motel near the border in Maine, and driving the remaining 2-3 hours in the morning.

My goal is to avoid having to drive the bulk of the journey on Saturday, day of show. Not sure if the border traffic will be heavy, ditto concert traffic as I near the venue. I can only imagine it'll be heavy all over on Saturday, what with frickin' 100,000 people supposedly coming.

Hmm, that complicates my transportation issues. Most of the cheapest flights are into Burlington, VT or Plattsburgh, so I'd have like an hour plus drive from either. But I don't have credit cards-- I'm pretty sure credit card companies are instructed to throw things at me if I even ask. :lol:

How long will your drive be to Moncton from Boston? I am gathering info right now... the more you guys tell me, the bigger enablers you are. I like big enablers. :shifty:

I am coming from Boston and we are staying in Fredericton which is 2 hours away. It will take us 7 hours to get to Fredericton. We drive Friday morning and attempt to get a good night sleep before we get up 4am and go to the show. Then we drive back to Fredericton to decompress. The Delta was only $300 CAD for 2 nights. If we convince enough we can turn the Delta into a party/detox hotel.

I looooooooooooooove driving.

I'll bring my iPod cord just in case the car has an iPod hole, but I'm not holding my breath. I may have to make a few mix CDs just in case. Most rental cars seem to at least have CD players.

Mix CDs. :lol: So old-school.

Uh .... 9 hours. :reject:

:lol:

I'm taking a red-eye to Boston that will get me there early Friday morning. My plan is to drive as much as I can on Friday. If I can make it there in one day, awesome (my camping pass is good for Friday as well). But if I need to stop, I plan on staying at a motel near the border in Maine, and driving the remaining 2-3 hours in the morning.

My goal is to avoid having to drive the bulk of the journey on Saturday, day of show. Not sure if the border traffic will be heavy, ditto concert traffic as I near the venue. I can only imagine it'll be heavy all over on Saturday, what with frickin' 100,000 people supposedly coming.

I am coming from Boston and we are staying in Fredericton which is 2 hours away. It will take us 7 hours to get to Fredericton. We drive Friday morning and attempt to get a good night sleep before we get up 4am and go to the show. Then we drive back to Fredericton to decompress. The Delta was only $300 CAD for 2 nights. If we convince enough we can turn the Delta into a party/detox hotel.

:panic:

btw graceryan, I am answering your PM :shifty: but I'm a slowpoke typer sorry!

Ooh, maybe!

I've found some decently cheap flights to Montreal out of Fayetteville, AR, but that airport is a) in the middle of nowhere, and b)I'd have to drive past where I kinda almost died a few years ago, so yeeeaah. Not at the top of my list.

I just want to make out with Edge, is that so much to ask?

No, everyone should be able to make out with the band member of their choice without too much hardship. I call Bono - firsties!

I know a lot of people fly to border towns then bus it the rest of the way.

I wish the Toronto show was closer to Jersey :(

I know. :(

You girls are to be admired for doing so much driving to see the shows. I don't think I could do that much driving so close to a show date. :yawn:

Totally! i remember last tour, Ruff drove like 8 hrs after her classes to get to Detroit 1, then after the show the next night, drove another 8 hrs home to teach the next morning - alone! I was all: Dude. :crazy: :bow: I couldn't do it.

I looooooooooooooove driving.

I'll bring my iPod cord just in case the car has an iPod hole, but I'm not holding my breath. I may have to make a few mix CDs just in case. Most rental cars seem to at least have CD players.

Mix CDs. :lol: So old-school.

I love mix cds! :D

You girls are to be admired for doing so much driving to see the shows. I don't think I could do that much driving so close to a show date. :yawn:

I'm doing 30+ hours of driving for 2 shows for the love of U2. Yep, I'm nucking futs.

:panic:

btw graceryan, I am answering your PM :shifty: but I'm a slowpoke typer sorry!
Well, I'm sure you heard what happened to mine. Interference decided to take a nap in the middle of writing mine to you. Luckily I salvaged it. Since I spent good working hours putting it together. :wink:

I've hit the point of ridiculousness. My mom pointed out the credit card issue earlier, and I was like "Well, duh, I'll just punch someone in the face, steal their wallet and VOILA! Credit card!" :reject:

I may need to sleep eventually.

I still make mix CD's too. Nowadays I'll make the playlist first, and if I really enjoy it a lot, I'll burn it.

Wow, 30+ hours?! That's incomprehensible to me. Driving tends to stress me out, especially if I'm in unfamiliar territory. I've been meaning to buy a GPS, because I know that would help my stress levels immeasurably, but after Montreal that's something I'm going to look into more.

I added a GPS to the rental car so I didn't have to lug my beloved road atlas with me.

Not that I've ever used a GPS, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Driving in an unfamiliar huge city stresses me out (like Boston), which is why I was begging DG to come meet me by the airport for dinner. After that weekend and 9-hour hauling of ass back from Moncton, I'll be too frazzled to brave Boston driving to meet her in the city.

Mr CK & I are driving 6 hrs to MI on Sunday - leaving around 5am to hopefully be in place to see band arrivals by noon. AND we're bringing the boy.

Is it wrong of me to want kissed by Adam in front of my hubby and my 5 yr old son? Because at this point, if it is, damn being right! :lol:

And if any PLEBAns are around (and not camping in GA like I wish we could afford to do), I'll be in my Mrs. Clayton hat so make sure to come say hi if you see me!!! :hug:

I added a GPS to the rental car so I didn't have to lug my beloved road atlas with me.

Driving in an unfamiliar huge city stresses me out (like Boston), which is why I was begging DG to come meet me by the airport for dinner. After that weekend and 9-hour hauling of ass back from Moncton, I'll be too frazzled to brave Boston driving to meet her in the city.

Even if you want to get into Boston, you can do it by train from the Airport. There is never a need to drive around Boston - unless you have your baby there.

That's a good idea. :up: I'm sure they're super easy to use.

When I was thinking about my early 2012 trip, I was originally planning to go to LA or Anaheim or something, and I figured that driving there would be so insanely stressful that I'd rather pay the big bucks for a cab or whatever every time I needed to get somewhere, because driving on the LA freeways would probably give me a heart attack. :lol: I'm so used to small freeways - Vancouver's are at the most 3 lanes on either side, so I'd probably die on a bigger city's freeway. :wink:

But now I'm going to Phoenix, so that's no longer an issue. :wink:

..... I'm guessing this is a joke that I'm missing? Or are you saying don't take the train with a baby? ... whaaa? :lol:

Yeah, that's where I had my daughter. We did drive to the hospital.

Oh, think I'll be up late tonight. I think my husband has a stomach bug. I think that's wretching I'm hearing upstairs. Oh joy.

Hey Ali - wanna swap?

I think the drive from Portland would be shorter. :hmm:

(I wonder how much my attorney fees are going to be in the divorce? :lol: )

Neil tweeted a pic of David with the twins. It was SO beautiful, sigh. I told Sarah I was going to print it and put it on my desk and say that it was my husband and children. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom