PGP: Oh leather, how I missed thee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL! (and I don't know who that is either)

:wave: VP, I'm doing fine, nothing new right now, counting down the days to the shows. Zooey and I are caravaning to Oakland in, what, 26 days? :hyper:

oh and I recently got a treadmill which is making me really happy since I walk almost every day now. :D

This post wins the thread. Did you know it was a contest? Well, it is, and this post won it. I don't know who Jason Segel is but I don't care. Wait, I do care. Going to IMDB, brb.

How awesome! I spend my days awarding things to people, now I finally win something! :hyper:

Hint - he's Marshall on How I Met Your Mother, and also Nick from Freaks and Geeks. :love:

:wave: VP, I'm doing fine, nothing new right now, counting down the days to the shows. Zooey and I are caravaning to Oakland in, what, 26 days? :hyper:

oh and I recently got a treadmill which is making me really happy since I walk almost every day now. :D

Jealous, I want a treadmill so much! Walking alone is just...boring. But I've convinced myself that if only I had a treadmill, I'd walk 87 hours per day. :lol:

Jealous, I want a treadmill so much! Walking alone is just...boring. But I've convinced myself that if only I had a treadmill, I'd walk 87 hours per day. :lol:

You would! !! I've found I walk way more, and it goes by so fast I feel like I could just keep going and going if I wanted to. When I walked around the neighborhood I never wanted to get too far away and when I returned home it turned out I hadn't even been gone that long. This one has an ipod port (and speakers) which is cool so I just made a remix playlist tonight to coincide with my workout. I just took some guesses this time but I'm sure I'll fine tune it, and add more later too. I can do my walk on an incline to burn more calories, and I never knew how fast or how far I was going either, so that makes me :hyper: Plus, I'm HOME, so it's just so convenient. I'm way too excited about it. :lol: :reject:

You would! !! I've found I walk way more, and it goes by so fast I feel like I could just keep going and going if I wanted to. When I walked around the neighborhood I never wanted to get too far away and when I returned home it turned out I hadn't even been gone that long. This one has an ipod port (and speakers) which is cool so I just made a remix playlist tonight to coincide with my workout. I just took some guesses this time but I'm sure I'll fine tune it, and add more later too. I can do my walk on an incline to burn more calories, and I never knew how fast or how far I was going either, so that makes me :hyper: Plus, I'm HOME, so it's just so convenient. I'm way too excited about it. :lol: :reject:

Omg. :drool: Again, jealous! A few years ago, Sarah and I used to power walk every evening, and you're right, it seemed like we'd been walking forever, but when we got back, it had only been like 25 minutes. :lol: And with me and my back, there's always a genuine fear of "what if I walk too far and then my back goes, and I can't get home??" :scream: :lol:

Have you and your girls ever watched Freaks and Geeks? Knowing how you're all pop-culture attuned, I wouldn't be surprised, but if you haven't, you all need to watch it NOW. Trust me. It's amazing. All the cult status buzz you hear about it? All true and deserved. It's up in my top 5 favourite shows now, and I know our tastes are very similar.

More about Freaks and Geeks - I'd heard about it for years, and it was always on my list of shows I should probably get around to watching eventually. But then Sarah started watching it with one of her roommates and raved about it. The next time she came home, we burned through the series in a weekend, and wow, it's a crime that the series wasn't renewed, but I'm so glad it's gained popularity since it aired. And it was totally different than I expected, after hearing about it for years. It has so much heart, without being overly sappy or sentimental. I'd literally laugh and cry during the same episodes. It's a very smart and realistic series.

I ADORED Freaks and Geeks, and must re-watch all of them (there was only 1 season, right?) this summer.

And be careful of those treadmill thingys. I started walking 3 years ago and now look at me. (although today I f*cking bombed my time trial so I'm not feeling like much of a fitness stud, at the moment):angry:

Omg. :drool: Again, jealous! A few years ago, Sarah and I used to power walk every evening, and you're right, it seemed like we'd been walking forever, but when we got back, it had only been like 25 minutes. :lol: And with me and my back, there's always a genuine fear of "what if I walk too far and then my back goes, and I can't get home??" :scream: :lol:

Have you and your girls ever watched Freaks and Geeks? Knowing how you're all pop-culture attuned, I wouldn't be surprised, but if you haven't, you all need to watch it NOW. Trust me. It's amazing. All the cult status buzz you hear about it? All true and deserved. It's up in my top 5 favourite shows now, and I know our tastes are very similar.

I totally relate on the walking thing! I've thought the same thing about my back! I'm so happy with this. It was an investment, but one that's been totally worth it to me already. And the girls love it too.
We have never watched Freaks and Geeks, I don't know why. Although, it's entirely possible they have, and I just forgot or didnt realize it or something. They watch way more than I do, and Camille watches way more than Chelsea. She's always watching shows online and has so many going at once I lose track of what shows they're watching. I'll have to ask them, but I dont recall them ever mentioning it. Wow, so now I totally want to look into it!

The show's in 24 days (and 27 minutes according to my dashboard countdown calendar) so we'll be caravanning in 23 days. :hyper:

I ADORED Freaks and Geeks, and must re-watch all of them (there was only 1 season, right?) this summer.

And be careful of those treadmill thingys. I started walking 3 years ago and now look at me. (although today I f*cking bombed my time trial so I'm not feeling like much of a fitness stud, at the moment):angry:

Yay, another fan! And I'm sure you'll improve on your time, you're a running goddess. :love:

I totally relate on the walking thing! I've thought the same thing about my back! I'm so happy with this. It was an investment, but one that's been totally worth it to me already. And the girls love it too.
We have never watched Freaks and Geeks, I don't know why. Although, it's entirely possible they have, and I just forgot or didnt realize it or something. They watch way more than I do, and Camille watches way more than Chelsea. She's always watching shows online and has so many going at once I lose track of what shows they're watching. I'll have to ask them, but I dont recall them ever mentioning it. Wow, so now I totally want to look into it!

You need to! Stop reading, do it now!! lol It's set in the early 80s. The age groups of the characters, I think we figured out that I'd be between the two groups (the freaks being a bit older than me, the geeks a bit younger). Sarah was really anxious to hear my take on it, the whole high school in that era experience, and the cultural references. And the music in the series!! Swoon. But really, it's done in a way that it's not dated at all, I think everyone can relate to it. Just some really excellent tv. It's done by Paul Feig, the guy who did Bridesmaids, which is opening this weekend, and I hear is really good, too, and Judd Apatow.

I would also like to re-watch My So Called Life, but I'm afraid that if it's not 1991 and I'm not 18, I won't love it the way I once did.

I've never seen that, but I've heard good things about it.

Dazzled, earlier you asked about me and Chicago? I'm afraid not, that was the first show of mine to go. :( As of now, I'm only going to the Toronto show - I only have two and a half vacation days till July 12 :rolleyes: and I booked off two of them the other day for the TO show.

I'm sad I won't get to hang out with you in Montreal any more. :( Totally understand about the time off thing, though. That's definitely a bitch, especially when you're relatively new to a job. :hug:

Also, Win Butler sorta reminds me of Jason Segel (who around this house is known as Sarah's pretend boyfriend). But then a few months ago we watched the unedited version of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which featured Jason Segel's wang, and so now when I look at Win Butler, I'm reminded of Jason Segel's wang.

My head - it's not always a pleasant place to be.

:streamofconsciousness:

:lol: I love this post. Yeah, Win's hair is rather weird. And Jason cracks me up. Have you ever seen the Confrontation video on YouTube where him and NPH are on a talk show and sing that song from Les Mis?! :lmao: Oh my god it's the best thing ever. I have it saved in my favourites, so if you haven't seen it, I can easily find you the link. In fact, I may just have to go find it anyway, just for the lulz.

I've never watched Freaks & Geeks, but it's on my list of shows I need to watch at some point. :)

Yay, another fan! And I'm sure you'll improve on your time, you're a running goddess. :love:

You need to! Stop reading, do it now!! lol It's set in the early 80s. The age groups of the characters, I think we figured out that I'd be between the two groups (the freaks being a bit older than me, the geeks a bit younger). Sarah was really anxious to hear my take on it, the whole high school in that era experience, and the cultural references. And the music in the series!! Swoon. But really, it's done in a way that it's not dated at all, I think everyone can relate to it. Just some really excellent tv. It's done by Paul Feig, the guy who did Bridesmaids, which is opening this weekend, and I hear is really good, too, and Judd Apatow.

I've never seen that, but I've heard good things about it.

Wow I had NO CLUE what it was even about! I'm excited to check it out now! I guess early 80's highschool is close enough to my age era :shifty: *coughcough*

I know, right? Here's what I have to get thru first:

8 work days
1 performing arts night at school
2 races
1 dance recital
and approx 480 miles (to get to where I meet up with you)

then another
400 miles or so
1 dinner with my mom

I can do this!

:giggle: yes you can!!! I can't believe how fast it's coming up!

Wow I had NO CLUE what it was even about! I'm excited to check it out now! I guess early 80's highschool is close enough to my age era :shifty: *coughcough*

:giggle: yes you can!!! I can't believe how fast it's coming up!

I know! Ever since last May (when the postponement happened) it's been this sort of nebulous idea rather than something that would actually happen.

But I also know that after Montreal I'm gonna have the SERIOUS SADZ.

Those of you who are avoiding spoilers might want to avoid the crack and fb, JUST SAYING:drool:!!!!!!!!!!

:faint:

I know! Ever since last May (when the postponement happened) it's been this sort of nebulous idea rather than something that would actually happen.

But I also know that after Montreal I'm gonna have the SERIOUS SADZ.

I know right? And don't talk about the SADZ!! :sad: Not yet! LOL! We needz the HAPPYS first!

No, I just wanted to let those that are trying to avoid know that there is definitely things that could spoil tonight. I wouldn't even venture onto FB!

Major Happys all around!:shifty::wink:

I'm with Zooey about worrying about the sadz though. I am glad I have Kristen here in T Bay, and on my flight home. :sad:

Saying you're happy is not spoiling. :D As long as you don't mention song titles (or put them in spoiler tags and indicate the spoiler is setlist related), it's all good for you to be excited. :) The fact that you guys are excited is making me excited for Seattle! It's so damn close!! :hyper:

I have 2 friends on the plane with me for a short hop from Pittsburgh to, uh, well somewhere over there... but then I come all the way across the continent back home by myself. I'm gonna be sobbing my eyes out i know it. :sad:

I'm sad I won't get to hang out with you in Montreal any more. :( Totally understand about the time off thing, though. That's definitely a bitch, especially when you're relatively new to a job. :hug:

:lol: I love this post. Yeah, Win's hair is rather weird. And Jason cracks me up. Have you ever seen the Confrontation video on YouTube where him and NPH are on a talk show and sing that song from Les Mis?! :lmao: Oh my god it's the best thing ever. I have it saved in my favourites, so if you haven't seen it, I can easily find you the link. In fact, I may just have to go find it anyway, just for the lulz.

I've never watched Freaks & Geeks, but it's on my list of shows I need to watch at some point. :)

I am absolutely crushed about missing Montreal and not seeing you and Zooey. :( I recently learned that I probably could get the time off unpaid if I asked for it, but I really can't afford to do that right now, and it wouldn't look that great with me being a new employee on probation. :(

I actually have seen that video! :lol: I think Sarah sent it to me! We've watched HIMYM for a few years now, but it was after seeing Freaks and Geeks that she seriously fell in love with him, and became The Guru Of All Things Jason Segel. :cute: But yeah, you definitely need to see it. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long. And after seeing it downloaded, Sarah ordered the dvds for the special features, so now I'm looking forward to seeing them, I hear they're really good.

I know, right? Here's what I have to get thru first:

8 work days
1 performing arts night at school
2 races
1 dance recital
and approx 480 miles (to get to where I meet up with you)

then another
400 miles or so
1 dinner with my mom

I can do this!

You can do it!

Who's counting? :wink: But seriously, it's a great show for all ages. Sarah's a HUGE fan now.

:panic: :panic: :panic:

So, I've not been feeling well these last few days. And my head hurts now. :sad:
Mostly been dead to the world, I go checking my full (again :reject: ) PM box and e-mails and IMs ....to discover there are 3 potential sources of GA tickets now?
Srsly? :shocked:

So yeah....excited! :hyper:
All appear to be similarly priced, although one has stated that they include postage in the price (which seems like a good deal...)
And I can't bleeping believe I don't have a credit card. Please help. Someone.
I also don't know what if any questions I should ask.
:help:

Also, Wild, who are you looking for the extra ticket for?

Saying you're happy is not spoiling. :D As long as you don't mention song titles (or put them in spoiler tags and indicate the spoiler is setlist related), it's all good for you to be excited. :) The fact that you guys are excited is making me excited for Seattle! It's so damn close!! :hyper:

Oh whew good! :)

Back
Top Bottom