PGP: Off with the yellow pants, Bono! (On with the leather...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I told my friend when we left that it was one of the best non U2 arena shows I've ever been to. After seeing Gaelic Storm on Friday night I just wasn't feeling in the mood to go to Coldplay last night. Even up through the openers I just was like :shrug: not feeling this but once they hit the stage I was blown away! So freaking good! Also, I really loved the wrist bands. I thought it would some how take away from the music but it was a really cool effect. My friend that I was with, another crazy U2 nut, agreed with me when I said as much as I love U2 live I'm tired of all of the Bono speeches and political videos. I liked that Coldplay had none of that....he didn't even introduce the band or really talk for more than a few seconds at a time.

Understandable. Sometimes it takes a while to get warmed up and in the moment for a show. Especially if you've got the kind of busy weekend you noted on the previous page.

And I can definitely understand being at a show and not wanting to listen to speeches and whatnot and just getting to the music. It is fun if a band gets chatty with the crowd-Crowded House did that at the show I went to. But then again, they were in a more intimate, smaller auditorium setting. It's a lot harder to do that in an arena. Chris still acknowledged the crowd here and there, so hey, fine with me. And Marina from Marina and the Diamonds was rather talkative with us-I don't know if she was that way with you guys or not. She announced at one point that she was going to go to the mall during the day on Saturday, she seemed really excited about that :D.

You should move to St Paul! I love it there. My mom grew up there and we still own my grandparent's house. We used to drive there every Sunday night for dinner and then the university I went to was in St Paul so I know it just as well as Mpls. I would love to own a house in St Paul one day but I feel like so much of my life is more in Mpls that I would just drive too much. It's not like it's a far drive or anything, 20 minutes on the highway, but it would become a long drive if I moved there and then had to drive to Mpls daily. But yeah....the Twin Cities is a special little place. I love it with all my heart and will never live in another state again.

Aw, cool, that sounds lovely :). And I fully understand the driving thing-my parents did that a lot when we lived in Colorado. 20 minutes doesn't seem like much, but when it comes to work, yeah, it can just be a real hassle sometimes (especially if you work a job where the chances of you getting called in all of a sudden are high). I have fond memories of vacations up there and everything, and Minnesota's a beautiful state (for some reason I was surprised at how many clumps of trees I kept seeing on our drive there and back. Lots of pretty forest area). If I could find a good paying job up there, get myself a nice little apartment, yeah, I'd be sticking around, definitely. It's something I might start looking into. Plus, hey, it'd be nice to be closer to a fellow Interference member!

You should check out Gaelic Storm. They are really fun. Just a bunch of goofy drinking songs and nothing too serious. But what I love about them is for sure 3 out of the 5 of them have music degrees focused on the instrument(s) they play. So they sing about being drunk all the time but against some incredible sounding music. It's a goofy mix but I really love them.

Haha, neat, they sound like fun! I'll poke around on YouTube and see what I can find by them. Any particular songs you recommend?

Spoiler free is the way to go! :up: I managed to be completely spoiler free for the first U2 show that I went to of the last tour, and it was so worth it. I had to hide people on FB and Twitter, and I totally avoided a lot of areas on the blue crack. Thankfully everyone in PGP was lovely about it and kept their discussions under spoiler tags. :) I completely lost it at several points during the show, because I was so surprised. It was awesome!! :love:

I hope you get to see them for the next tour!

Well said. That's pretty impressive that you were able to manage to block out so much of that stuff, it's not easy to remain spoiler-free online. And it'd be like Christmas presents, too, the temptation to peek :p. But hooray for it all working out for you!

I hope so, too. The very moment tickets are announced, I am going to pounce.

Oooh! Speaking of U2, by the way, my friends and I stopped at a store near our hotel yesterday morning, and I found and brought a U2 poster there! Woo!

No, money is no longer a concern, thankfully. I've been so lucky to get a great paying job, so I can easily afford that. I don't mind going mid-week or Friday/Sat. I just like to start off the week not feeling like a total zombie, if at all possible. :wink:

LOL, don't blame you there. Mondays suck enough as it is (and you'd have to deal with the post-concert blues on top of everything on a Monday).

I'm so glad the job's working for you so far :). That's wonderful.

M_A, it really was amazing. Still in awe. At least 25 of those who contributed signed a huge card for me with funny and sweet messages. I've been looking at it everyday and smiling. :heart:

Also, glad to hear you and ARW had a great time at Coldplay! They put on a great show. And those wristbands look cool.

I'd imagine so! It's always good to get a reminder that there are decent, caring people still out there. Those people deserve something special for being so cool.

They are neat, yeah. I have mine sitting here on my desk with other stuff from the night. A friend of mine got some pictures on her phone that she's been working on uploading...if she got a good one with the wristbands, maybe I'll post it here or on my Facebook page or something. Planning on going to YouTube at some point and seeing if there's any quality video from the night, too (let's hear it for the technological age we live in, huh?).

I'm all packed - bought a new purse too. Printed out my itinerary... got out my passport. This shit is REAL!

I am SO excited for you! And also a wee bit jealous. :wink:

I'm so glad the job's working for you so far :). That's wonderful.

Thank you! :) I'm very happy.

Tonight I finally watched the DVD of Adele at the Royal Albert Hall. I've had it sitting on my shelf for months and had never gotten around to seeing it. It is SUCH an awesome DVD. I was a weepy mess through some of it, and then the other half I was laughing hysterically. Girl is FUNNY! :D

You're welcome :).

Yeah, I've heard good things about that DVD. I think she'd definitely be a cool girl to hang out with. My friends and I kept hearing songs of hers on the radio during our trip and we were all singing along :p.

(Also, we lost count of how many country stations southern Minnesota has :der:. Every other station we flipped past seemed to be a country station.)

It strikes me funny to think that Adele is only four days younger than my sister.

Don't be mad. He's still awfully cute. (Really awfully. :wink: )

Edgerapdonecomet.jpg

Plain version:

Edgerapdoneblkcomet.jpg

It was my first try at one of these on PS. :D I'm sorry.

Zu, have a safe, wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all about it and see photos and whatnot when you get back.

Don't be mad. He's still awfully cute. (Really awfully. :wink: )

Edgerapdonecomet.jpg

:lmao: Oh, that is AWESOME. I love both of them, but this is my personal favorite of the two. Gangsta Edge. Word, and stuff *Tries to make gangsta hand signs, fails, gives up*.

He does look oddly cute that way, though, yeah.

By the way, arw... :hmm: Will you forgive me if I provide you with a new Edge pic? :sexywink: He's just in the background with Bono, but he's got shorts on. :D

Got a full pic of Edge in shorts. :sexywink: And he's still wearing that awful necklace thing! :uhoh:

Also wet shirtless Bono in only shorts. :shifty:

Winter is coming :ohmy:

Ant queens and drones are swarming and there´s billions of em, annoying flying buggers :lol: harmless tho :D

Was cycling and drove through huge swarm of those and couldnt see shit :lol::lol:

I want to upload the pics but I have to borrow my kids computers. They are asleep. Anyone know how to turn on a Mac? :reject:

OK I figured it out. :doh:

By the way, arw... :hmm: Will you forgive me if I provide you with a new Edge pic? :sexywink: He's just in the background with Bono, but he's got shorts on. :D

Got a full pic of Edge in shorts. :sexywink: And he's still wearing that awful necklace thing! :uhoh:

:lmao:

you know me oh so well! I just said in the Mics pic thread that it's a good thing you posted new pics of him (in shorts)!!!!!

Does this remind you of someone?:hmm:
georgemichaelcelebsolym.jpg

I saw that a few times last night on FB that people were saying George was dressed like Bono. But I grew up a metalhead so I guess to me Bono looks like the guys I used to listen to in the late 80's in his all leather gear as much as George is dressed like Bono.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom