PGP: Off with the yellow pants, Bono! (On with the leather...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coldplay was amazing tonight. I wasn't sure what to expect from them at all since it was my first time seeing them live. Also, I saw one of my most favorite bands live last night at a tiny festival and it was the best show I've been to by them. So I wasn't really all that into going to Coldplay tonight before the show but they definitely put on an incredible show.

I never understood the U2/Coldplay comparison but now seeing them live I totally do not get where they came from even more than I did before. Two completely different bands.

Glad you had a great time, arw!

I saw them a few months ago, and it was one of the best non-U2 shows I've ever been to. :)

Another band I really love just announced a concert date here for September, and I couldn't buy tickets when the show went on sale. Amazingly enough there are still seats available - normally they sell out Vancouver shows the same day that they go on sale. I've been to every single Vancouver show of theirs in the past 12 years, but this time I'm hesitating. They keep getting more and more expensive, and now they're up to $50. I've paid more than that for other bands, but I dunno. I just wish they still played the small clubs and you could get a ticket for like $15. :lol:

It mostly hurt my head. And when my meagre abs gave out, I was worried about my neck.

And I know I'll never have what it takes to do a hand stand.

Handstands are way easier than headstands. I used to do handstands easily, but I was a gymnast so yeah ya kind of have to :wink: But headstands are evil. I was never comfortable focusing all my weight onto my head and neck and never ever felt good about them.

AWESOME about Scotland! I do remember you talking about the festival now, WOW how fun! I've always wanted to go there. Ever since I was like 4 I aimed to go to Loch Ness and find that monster. :D

And Tara: The Fugitive. ;)

I'll only be in Edinburgh but on our last day they take us out to one of the big castles and then up to the highlands so that'll be cool. Who am I kidding, even if everyone I'm with is lame and the accommodations are icky, it's stlll gonna be cool. I feel very removed from the whole trip since I didn't make any of the arrangements. And I've never traveled with a group before (someone telling me I have to be a certain place at a certain time, etc) but, hey, it's Scotland so I'm not complaining. It's just all very weird for me.

Packing today :panic:

Zu, I am SO envious of you now. Agh. Lucky! Hope you have a good time in Scotland.

Happy belated birthday, Grace! Hope you had a wonderful day. And from the last thread-glad your family get-together went well, too :).

Also from the last thread, read the story DGE shared about her coworkers-that is SO incredibly sweet and lovely! Very, VERY cool :up: :heart: :cute:.

arw...ahhhhhh, glad you had a good time at the Coldplay show! It was the first time seeing them for both of us, apparently :D. And I'm glad you enjoyed the other band you saw, too-what band did you see at that festival?

Friday night was an absolute blast. My friends and I had so much fun at our show-Coldplay sounded fantastic and everyone was so enthusiastic and into it. And the wristband thing is genius, I love the way they used them in the show.

Also, Chris Martin is adorable. He talked to an 8 year old girl a little bit when the band went up into the crowd for a couple songs and I was like, "Awwwwwwww..." :cute:.

And I want to move to St. Paul now. It's been ages since I've been to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, I forgot how lovely it is up there. There's, like, actual stuff to DO there!

Thora...aw, yeah, that's always a tough call with ticket prices and whatnot. I hope you can figure out something. Which band do you want to see?

I totally agree, MA! The wristbands were amazing. I was totally in the dark (lol) about what they did or were for, so I was blown away when they lit up for the first time. Amazing!!

The band I want to see is Tegan and Sara. One of my friends from university knew them growing up and he was always raving about their music. He brought our group of friends to a club to see them in 2000, and I was hooked. Their live shows really are fabulous. I know they'll tour again here when their next album will be released (they're just finishing it now), so I wouldn't have to feel too guilty about skipping this show, as I know they'll be back within a few months. I just can't make up my mind, though! :lol:

I wish I actually knew how to photoshop good and proper. My Edge creation I'm doing for the request in the Misc thread is progressing horrifically. :lol:

That explains why I didn't get it..

*has never seen that one* :reject:

I do love US Marshals, though. Great movie. TLJ is excellent in it. :D

:ohmy: How can you not have seen that? (It's one of those movies that always seems to be on at least one channel somewhere LOL) OH you must. It's awesome. One of my favorite Tommy Lee Jones movies of all time. He's so good in it. And it's a one of those movies that's like edge of your seat paced thrill ride.

The thunderheads over the mountains are just gorgeous right now. :love: I wish they'd make it over here though with some rain and break this heat wave. :sigh:

:ohmy: How can you not have seen that? (It's one of those movies that always seems to be on at least one channel somewhere LOL) OH you must. It's awesome. One of my favorite Tommy Lee Jones movies of all time. He's so good in it. And it's a one of those movies that's like edge of your seat paced thrill ride.

I always mean to watch it when it comes on tv, then I forget it's coming on and don't remember until it's like, 10 minutes from the end. :lol::reject:

I haven't seen that movie, either. I've heard good things, though, so yeah, I too will have to keep an eye out for it down the line.

Comet, aw, yeah, know what that's like. Hope the rain comes for you soon. If I could I'd pass on some of the rain we're getting here now-been doing that all day and it's nice and cool out (it's been really nice the last few days here, actually, temperature wise. And weather-wise, too, for the most part). I like days like this. And it's good for the grass, too.

I totally agree, MA! The wristbands were amazing. I was totally in the dark (lol) about what they did or were for, so I was blown away when they lit up for the first time. Amazing!!

Oh, wow, cool, neat surprise for you, then! Yeah, I'd heard a bit about them lighting up and stuff, but it's one thing to hear about it. When you actually see it happening during the show...it's just amazing. A sea of glowing colors.

The band I want to see is Tegan and Sara. One of my friends from university knew them growing up and he was always raving about their music. He brought our group of friends to a club to see them in 2000, and I was hooked. Their live shows really are fabulous. I know they'll tour again here when their next album will be released (they're just finishing it now), so I wouldn't have to feel too guilty about skipping this show, as I know they'll be back within a few months. I just can't make up my mind, though! :lol:

Oh, yeah, I've heard a couple songs by them (and liked those songs). That's good, at least, to know they'll be back. I fully understand wanting to see them now, it's definitely tempting. But if you are at all concerned about money, then maybe wait until the next time, and get a chance to save up a bit?

It's up to you, though, of course. Hope you figure something out either way.

Oh, wow, cool, neat surprise for you, then! Yeah, I'd heard a bit about them lighting up and stuff, but it's one thing to hear about it. When you actually see it happening during the show...it's just amazing. A sea of glowing colors.

Oh, yeah, I've heard a couple songs by them (and liked those songs). That's good, at least, to know they'll be back. I fully understand wanting to see them now, it's definitely tempting. But if you are at all concerned about money, then maybe wait until the next time, and get a chance to save up a bit?

It's up to you, though, of course. Hope you figure something out either way.

I got my ticket the week of the show, so I was totally clueless about everything. I had thought it would be impossible to go, so I hadn't read or seen anything about any of the shows prior to mine. :)

I can afford to go, now that I've had a few paychecks and have a bit more money in my bank account. I'm just a cheapskate. :wink: I just realized that the show is on a Sunday night, so that made the decision for me. I'll wait until the next time they're here. Not a fan of having a late night out on a Sunday. :)

Zu, I am SO envious of you now. Agh. Lucky! Hope you have a good time in Scotland.

Happy belated birthday, Grace! Hope you had a wonderful day. And from the last thread-glad your family get-together went well, too :).

Also from the last thread, read the story DGE shared about her coworkers-that is SO incredibly sweet and lovely! Very, VERY cool :up: :heart: :cute:.

arw...ahhhhhh, glad you had a good time at the Coldplay show! It was the first time seeing them for both of us, apparently :D. And I'm glad you enjoyed the other band you saw, too-what band did you see at that festival?

Friday night was an absolute blast. My friends and I had so much fun at our show-Coldplay sounded fantastic and everyone was so enthusiastic and into it. And the wristband thing is genius, I love the way they used them in the show.

Also, Chris Martin is adorable. He talked to an 8 year old girl a little bit when the band went up into the crowd for a couple songs and I was like, "Awwwwwwww..." :cute:.

And I want to move to St. Paul now. It's been ages since I've been to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, I forgot how lovely it is up there. There's, like, actual stuff to DO there!

Thora...aw, yeah, that's always a tough call with ticket prices and whatnot. I hope you can figure out something. Which band do you want to see?

THanks - and I'm glad you had fun at CP. Mr. Z loves them the way I love U2 so I've seen them quite a bit. The put on a great show. I won't tell my son about him talking to the kid, though. He was right behind the b-stage one night, like just a few feet away from the band. I think that's been one of the hilights of his short life so far!

I try hard to really like Tegan and Sara but I've always just sort of felt :| about them. I won't turn it off, but I wouldn't turn it on either. But if its something you want to do and you can responsibly afford the tickets, you should go.

I wish I actually knew how to photoshop good and proper. My Edge creation I'm doing for the request in the Misc thread is progressing horrifically. :lol:

Nobody beats the queen
Sicy

I always mean to watch it when it comes on tv, then I forget it's coming on and don't remember until it's like, 10 minutes from the end. :lol::reject:

I feel lame for not getting that reference now. That and the Bourne movies and Shawshank are ones I can't turn off if I flip past it on TV.

THanks - and I'm glad you had fun at CP. Mr. Z loves them the way I love U2 so I've seen them quite a bit. The put on a great show. I won't tell my son about him talking to the kid, though. He was right behind the b-stage one night, like just a few feet away from the band. I think that's been one of the hilights of his short life so far!

Oh, lucky kid! Very cool.

Mr. Z has good taste :D. Hehe. Yeah, it was a great time. Those guys clearly love what they do, it's hard to not get caught up in their enthusiasm and energy.

I got my ticket the week of the show, so I was totally clueless about everything. I had thought it would be impossible to go, so I hadn't read or seen anything about any of the shows prior to mine. :)

Nice! I'm glad you were able to get a ticket on such short notice.

I know the reason you hadn't heard anything was through means beyond your control, but I do think sometimes that's a good way to go about getting ready for a concert. It's fine to check out the occasional video here and there, nice to have a bit of idea of what to expect, but at the same time I think having the element of surprise makes it that much better. You don't have to worry about setlist complaints and be spoiled about any cool technological stuff, and I've noticed YouTube videos don't often do proper justice. It's often hard to judge a band's live prowess from a shaky video that you're hearing through computer speakers (or headphones).

It's one of the big reasons I haven't seen a whole lot of live U2 stuff. Oh, sure, I'll check out stuff from tours gone by, because each tour is different, but even then, they're still on my bucket list of bands to see in my lifetime, and it's one of those things I kind of hold off on seeing too much of as a result.

I can afford to go, now that I've had a few paychecks and have a bit more money in my bank account. I'm just a cheapskate. :wink: I just realized that the show is on a Sunday night, so that made the decision for me. I'll wait until the next time they're here. Not a fan of having a late night out on a Sunday. :)

LOL, ah, gotcha. I was just mainly thinking about that because of your mention of ticket prices going up, but your reasoning works, too :p. That sounds like a logical decision. Concerts on Sundays strike me kind of weird for some reason. It just seems like more of a Friday/Saturday night sort of party thing (says the girl who saw Muse on a Tuesday and Crowded House on a Wednesday, but eh...).

bonoedgetogaguyMonaco2003.jpg

DUDE... scram, and make room on that couch for the birthday girl!

Hi ladies! I REALLY like the look in Bono's eyes in this one (despite the goof ball in the toga). He looks like he's just been dared to remove Horrible Yellow Pants or something.

"Take those goddamned things OFF immediately!" shouted Alternate Universe U217 to her husband Alternate Universe Bono. "As you wish," he replied.

Just a quick trip - I leave on Wednesday and come back the next Tuesday - 5 days in country. It's for the Fringe Festival (largest performing arts festival in the world)

That's really cool! I've always wanted to go to Scotland. One of these days...

Hope you have an amazing time. Take lots of pics for all of us :flirt:

I told my friend when we left that it was one of the best non U2 arena shows I've ever been to. After seeing Gaelic Storm on Friday night I just wasn't feeling in the mood to go to Coldplay last night. Even up through the openers I just was like :shrug: not feeling this but once they hit the stage I was blown away! So freaking good! Also, I really loved the wrist bands. I thought it would some how take away from the music but it was a really cool effect. My friend that I was with, another crazy U2 nut, agreed with me when I said as much as I love U2 live I'm tired of all of the Bono speeches and political videos. I liked that Coldplay had none of that....he didn't even introduce the band or really talk for more than a few seconds at a time.

You should move to St Paul! I love it there. My mom grew up there and we still own my grandparent's house. We used to drive there every Sunday night for dinner and then the university I went to was in St Paul so I know it just as well as Mpls. I would love to own a house in St Paul one day but I feel like so much of my life is more in Mpls that I would just drive too much. It's not like it's a far drive or anything, 20 minutes on the highway, but it would become a long drive if I moved there and then had to drive to Mpls daily. But yeah....the Twin Cities is a special little place. I love it with all my heart and will never live in another state again.

You should check out Gaelic Storm. They are really fun. Just a bunch of goofy drinking songs and nothing too serious. But what I love about them is for sure 3 out of the 5 of them have music degrees focused on the instrument(s) they play. So they sing about being drunk all the time but against some incredible sounding music. It's a goofy mix but I really love them.

why or why do you want to mess with the only new Edge pic we've had in months!?!? :sad:

:crazy: I had almost 5 weeks off of work and barely did anything. Last week was my first week back and I had a super busy weekend to the point that I could use tomorrow off :reject: Irish Fair on Friday night, Coldplay last night, Twins game this afternoon. At least I was able to lounge around a little yesterday before I went to the concert.

I try hard to really like Tegan and Sara but I've always just sort of felt :| about them. I won't turn it off, but I wouldn't turn it on either. But if its something you want to do and you can responsibly afford the tickets, you should go.

They're not for everyone. :) I didn't like their last album, so I'm hopeful that the next one will be better. I tend to like their oldest stuff the best.

Nice! I'm glad you were able to get a ticket on such short notice.

I know the reason you hadn't heard anything was through means beyond your control, but I do think sometimes that's a good way to go about getting ready for a concert. It's fine to check out the occasional video here and there, nice to have a bit of idea of what to expect, but at the same time I think having the element of surprise makes it that much better. You don't have to worry about setlist complaints and be spoiled about any cool technological stuff, and I've noticed YouTube videos don't often do proper justice. It's often hard to judge a band's live prowess from a shaky video that you're hearing through computer speakers (or headphones).

It's one of the big reasons I haven't seen a whole lot of live U2 stuff. Oh, sure, I'll check out stuff from tours gone by, because each tour is different, but even then, they're still on my bucket list of bands to see in my lifetime, and it's one of those things I kind of hold off on seeing too much of as a result.

LOL, ah, gotcha. I was just mainly thinking about that because of your mention of ticket prices going up, but your reasoning works, too :p. That sounds like a logical decision. Concerts on Sundays strike me kind of weird for some reason. It just seems like more of a Friday/Saturday night sort of party thing (says the girl who saw Muse on a Tuesday and Crowded House on a Wednesday, but eh...).

Spoiler free is the way to go! :up: I managed to be completely spoiler free for the first U2 show that I went to of the last tour, and it was so worth it. I had to hide people on FB and Twitter, and I totally avoided a lot of areas on the blue crack. Thankfully everyone in PGP was lovely about it and kept their discussions under spoiler tags. :) I completely lost it at several points during the show, because I was so surprised. It was awesome!! :love:

I hope you get to see them for the next tour!

No, money is no longer a concern, thankfully. I've been so lucky to get a great paying job, so I can easily afford that. I don't mind going mid-week or Friday/Sat. I just like to start off the week not feeling like a total zombie, if at all possible. :wink:

<-------too lazy to multiquote

M_A, it really was amazing. Still in awe. At least 25 of those who contributed signed a huge card for me with funny and sweet messages. I've been looking at it everyday and smiling. :heart:

Also, glad to hear you and ARW had a great time at Coldplay! They put on a great show. And those wristbands look cool.

Zooey-So excited for you! Have a wonderful time. Also,!make sure you bring me the souvenir from Scotland I requested. :shifty:

Thora-I've heard a few Tegan and Sara songs. I like what I've heard. :up:

I feel lame for not getting that reference now. That and the Bourne movies and Shawshank are ones I can't turn off if I flip past it on TV.

Shawshank is one of my absolute favorite movies ever.

And, the Bourne movies just kick major ass. :rockon:

Hi ladies! I REALLY like the look in Bono's eyes in this one (despite the goof ball in the toga). He looks like he's just been dared to remove Horrible Yellow Pants or something.

"Take those goddamned things OFF immediately!" shouted Alternate Universe U217 to her husband Alternate Universe Bono. "As you wish," he replied.
:shifty::applaud:

why or why do you want to mess with the only new Edge pic we've had in months!?!? :sad:

:hmm: Maybe he'll learn not to hide for so long if a bad photoshop is his punishment. :evil:

:giggle:

i actually enjoy him in this khaki or nude or whatever it is pair. :shifty: He can wear them more. Just not the yellow!

<-------too lazy to multiquote

M_A, it really was amazing. Still in awe. At least 25 of those who contributed signed a huge card for me with funny and sweet messages. I've been looking at it everyday and smiling. :heart:

Also, glad to hear you and ARW had a great time at Coldplay! They put on a great show. And those wristbands look cool.

Zooey-So excited for you! Have a wonderful time. Also,!make sure you bring me the souvenir from Scotland I requested. :shifty:

Thora-I've heard a few Tegan and Sara songs. I like what I've heard. :up:

Ah yes. I'll be on the lookout for that particular souvenir. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom