PGP: Off with the yellow pants, Bono! (On with the leather...) - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
Me too, but my shoulder says "NO"
It mostly hurt my head. And when my meagre abs gave out, I was worried about my neck.

And I know I'll never have what it takes to do a hand stand.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #92
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuropa_fit View Post

not sad... um... money-conscious?
Sure, that works! My bottle of wine now lasts longer!

Old 08-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #93
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:45 PM
Coldplay was amazing tonight. I wasn't sure what to expect from them at all since it was my first time seeing them live. Also, I saw one of my most favorite bands live last night at a tiny festival and it was the best show I've been to by them. So I wasn't really all that into going to Coldplay tonight before the show but they definitely put on an incredible show.

I never understood the U2/Coldplay comparison but now seeing them live I totally do not get where they came from even more than I did before. Two completely different bands.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Playing Settlers of Catan with family.

Good night all. love you.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier

Glad you had a great time, arw!

I saw them a few months ago, and it was one of the best non-U2 shows I've ever been to.

Another band I really love just announced a concert date here for September, and I couldn't buy tickets when the show went on sale. Amazingly enough there are still seats available - normally they sell out Vancouver shows the same day that they go on sale. I've been to every single Vancouver show of theirs in the past 12 years, but this time I'm hesitating. They keep getting more and more expensive, and now they're up to $50. I've paid more than that for other bands, but I dunno. I just wish they still played the small clubs and you could get a ticket for like $15.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:52 AM   #96
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuropa_fit View Post
It mostly hurt my head. And when my meagre abs gave out, I was worried about my neck.

And I know I'll never have what it takes to do a hand stand.
Handstands are way easier than headstands. I used to do handstands easily, but I was a gymnast so yeah ya kind of have to But headstands are evil. I was never comfortable focusing all my weight onto my head and neck and never ever felt good about them.

AWESOME about Scotland! I do remember you talking about the festival now, WOW how fun! I've always wanted to go there. Ever since I was like 4 I aimed to go to Loch Ness and find that monster.

And Tara: The Fugitive.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

I'll only be in Edinburgh but on our last day they take us out to one of the big castles and then up to the highlands so that'll be cool. Who am I kidding, even if everyone I'm with is lame and the accommodations are icky, it's stlll gonna be cool. I feel very removed from the whole trip since I didn't make any of the arrangements. And I've never traveled with a group before (someone telling me I have to be a certain place at a certain time, etc) but, hey, it's Scotland so I'm not complaining. It's just all very weird for me.

Packing today
Old 08-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:45 PM
Old 08-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Zu, I am SO envious of you now. Agh. Lucky! Hope you have a good time in Scotland.

Happy belated birthday, Grace! Hope you had a wonderful day. And from the last thread-glad your family get-together went well, too .

Also from the last thread, read the story DGE shared about her coworkers-that is SO incredibly sweet and lovely! Very, VERY cool .

arw...ahhhhhh, glad you had a good time at the Coldplay show! It was the first time seeing them for both of us, apparently . And I'm glad you enjoyed the other band you saw, too-what band did you see at that festival?

Friday night was an absolute blast. My friends and I had so much fun at our show-Coldplay sounded fantastic and everyone was so enthusiastic and into it. And the wristband thing is genius, I love the way they used them in the show.

Also, Chris Martin is adorable. He talked to an 8 year old girl a little bit when the band went up into the crowd for a couple songs and I was like, "Awwwwwwww..." .

And I want to move to St. Paul now. It's been ages since I've been to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, I forgot how lovely it is up there. There's, like, actual stuff to DO there!

Thora...aw, yeah, that's always a tough call with ticket prices and whatnot. I hope you can figure out something. Which band do you want to see?
Old 08-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #100
Blue Crack Supplier

I totally agree, MA! The wristbands were amazing. I was totally in the dark (lol) about what they did or were for, so I was blown away when they lit up for the first time. Amazing!!

The band I want to see is Tegan and Sara. One of my friends from university knew them growing up and he was always raving about their music. He brought our group of friends to a club to see them in 2000, and I was hooked. Their live shows really are fabulous. I know they'll tour again here when their next album will be released (they're just finishing it now), so I wouldn't have to feel too guilty about skipping this show, as I know they'll be back within a few months. I just can't make up my mind, though!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #101
Blue Crack Distributor

I wish I actually knew how to photoshop good and proper. My Edge creation I'm doing for the request in the Misc thread is progressing horrifically.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:45 PM
Have Gg help. She can make some scary creations.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
And Tara: The Fugitive.
That explains why I didn't get it..

*has never seen that one*

I do love US Marshals, though. Great movie. TLJ is excellent in it.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #104
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post
That explains why I didn't get it..

*has never seen that one*

I do love US Marshals, though. Great movie. TLJ is excellent in it.
How can you not have seen that? (It's one of those movies that always seems to be on at least one channel somewhere LOL) OH you must. It's awesome. One of my favorite Tommy Lee Jones movies of all time. He's so good in it. And it's a one of those movies that's like edge of your seat paced thrill ride.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #105
Blue Crack Distributor

The thunderheads over the mountains are just gorgeous right now. I wish they'd make it over here though with some rain and break this heat wave.

Tags
birthday hangovers, bono is sofa king old, edge n bono party time, gangsta edge, larrys goin to the chapel, off with grandpa hats, off with yellow pants, papa adam, pgp, shrooms, space stuff, tom jones, u2, unf 2 the motherfckng unf, wet bono