PGP: Off with the yellow pants, Bono! (On with the leather...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:crack:

I got to work today to find out that we have no parties this week other than our standard Friday night dinner....and the dessert is sorbet :| I had to work on a tasting today and do some cleaning and then I get to play around with some fall desserts on Thurs but only for a few hours. I went from being super busy to having 5 weeks off to being crazy busy for 3 weeks and now I'm off again. My coworker at my other job had a death in the family and I thought the funeral was this week. Then I could pick up some hours there since she wants 2 days off. But she texted me to say it was changed to next week and she still needs me to work. I'm back to being crazy busy again next week at my main job so now I'll have to work a few longer days if I have to do both jobs in the same day. :crazy: It would be so nice to have a "normal" schedule. :happy:

wait....your school starts -as students being there vs staff getting things ready in ? earlyt august- inlate August??!!?!! :eek:

awww sorry you're feeling blah......

pitfalls of drinking at work..... falling down drunk in front of your class???
i know you wouldn't get that drunk!!

miss ya, but certainly unsterstand being extra, extra busy

Extra :hug:sss for you & family Z!

We've been back in school for 4 weeks already. We started really really early this year. :coocoo:

So now EDUN is selling Bono's leather pants.

Edun - Perforated Leather Ruched Skinny Pant

Bwa-ahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Holy SHIT those are expensive!

Today was rough. I'm super stressed out about something work-related, but there's nothing I can do about the situation. I'm trying really hard to let it go because it's completely out of my control, but it's not so easy. :sigh: I hate being such a worry-wart/control freak sometimes.

Same thing happened to me today. I hate it.

Sadly, no. :wink: I mean, I technically DO have money "laying around" as it were, but it's in various savings accounts. My house fund and my travel savings fund come first. :D

Thanks. Yes, I'm drinking right now. :)

Me too (on both accounts). I'm trying to get enough saved to take my husband and son with me to Scotland next year (provided the school lets me take my students).

:crack:

I got to work today to find out that we have no parties this week other than our standard Friday night dinner....and the dessert is sorbet :| I had to work on a tasting today and do some cleaning and then I get to play around with some fall desserts on Thurs but only for a few hours. I went from being super busy to having 5 weeks off to being crazy busy for 3 weeks and now I'm off again. My coworker at my other job had a death in the family and I thought the funeral was this week. Then I could pick up some hours there since she wants 2 days off. But she texted me to say it was changed to next week and she still needs me to work. I'm back to being crazy busy again next week at my main job so now I'll have to work a few longer days if I have to do both jobs in the same day. :crazy: It would be so nice to have a "normal" schedule. :happy:

Wow. I got a stress headache just reading that. I like patterns and schedules.

Same thing happened to me today. I hate it.

Me too (on both accounts). I'm trying to get enough saved to take my husband and son with me to Scotland next year (provided the school lets me take my students).

It really sucks, hey?! :hug: Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much or wasn't such a workaholic. Not that any of that would help the situation any, but yeah. I'm just grateful that the weekend's coming up and I get to get out of town for a bit and can de-stress on the work front.

That's awesome - I hope it works out for you all to go!

My Italy trip fund isn't half bad. It's still going to be a while before the trip is a reality, though. I wasn't able to put aside any money in the past year, but at least I can begin saving for that again. :)

We've been back in school for 4 weeks already. We started really really early this year. :coocoo:

Wow. I got a stress headache just reading that. I like patterns and schedules.

OMFFFGGGG I'd have freaked like :rant: if that had ever happened to me as a schoolkid!!

oh that would really be wonderful to take Mr Z & not as little anymore Z with you! :hyper:

and that's one major reason that zu makes such cool aertist trading cards and necklaces! :applaud:

and EXTRA :hug:sss for your crummy work day.

corianderstem said:

Crap. I missed drunk Cori.

Ugh. I cannot get back into the swing of exercising. Not since the wedding which was 3 weeks ago. I think I have an emotional hang over from last week that I need to shake. Blah.

Doesn't help that this is my high allergy season so I battle that and sinus pain. Double blah.

Hurtin', guys. Hurtin'.

Even at a wise old age of 39, sometimes you still make shitty decisions. Four drinks was a shitty decision. Woke up at 2 and did not sleep another wink. Other unpleasant things ensued.

And the WORST was emailing people at work to say I'd be working from home. I copped to being completely mortified at my obvious hungover state.

I think I'm rallying, though. I've had a little toast and some tea, and I feel more human. May go in for the afternoon.

Hurtin', guys. Hurtin'.

Even at a wise old age of 39, sometimes you still make shitty decisions. Four drinks was a shitty decision. Woke up at 2 and did not sleep another wink. Other unpleasant things ensued.

And the WORST was emailing people at work to say I'd be working from home. I copped to being completely mortified at my obvious hungover state.

I think I'm rallying, though. I've had a little toast and some tea, and I feel more human. May go in for the afternoon.

No drunken texts, I'm disappointed.

Ha. You can thank T-Mobile for that, as they are only deciding to allow me to text sometimes. I'll send a text and it'll go fine, and then I won't be able to send a text the rest of the day; they all fail.

So lame. One of my friends at the party last night works for them, so I gave him an earful. :lol:

It really sucks, hey?! :hug: Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much or wasn't such a workaholic. Not that any of that would help the situation any, but yeah. I'm just grateful that the weekend's coming up and I get to get out of town for a bit and can de-stress on the work front.

That's awesome - I hope it works out for you all to go!

My Italy trip fund isn't half bad. It's still going to be a while before the trip is a reality, though. I wasn't able to put aside any money in the past year, but at least I can begin saving for that again. :)

Yeah, my situation at work is totally out of my control at this point - just have to wait until Sept 4th for the verdict. Trying not to stress.

Italy, eh? Sounds awesome. I'd love to go to Venice and Rome... see the statue of David and the Sistine (sp?) Chapel

OMFFFGGGG I'd have freaked like :rant: if that had ever happened to me as a schoolkid!!

oh that would really be wonderful to take Mr Z & not as little anymore Z with you! :hyper:

and that's one major reason that zu makes such cool aertist trading cards and necklaces! :applaud:

and EXTRA :hug:sss for your crummy work day.

We only started early because we get a week of vacation after the first quarter this year - FALL BREAK! I'm excited for that!

I know! my little guy is now 8 1/2 and will be 9 next summer - great traveling age - doesn't whine too much, can play his video games on the long plane ride and won't roll his eyes at having to hang with his parents (like a teenager would do).

:up:

Hurtin', guys. Hurtin'.

Aw, poor Cori! The price we pay. I find that a greasy breakfast helps (and there's some medical proof behind that - I just forget what it is). I love a fried egg sandwich with cheese when I'm hung over.
Not that I'm ever hung over :shifty:

Hope you feel better.

I'm hope with my "little" guy today - he threw up this morning. So we're just gonna watch tv all day, maybe read... at least I get to finish catching up on my grading.

It's funny - when I first woke up and slowly realized I wasn't feeling well, I figured "oh no, I drank too much." But then it quickly started to turn into an anxiety attack, the likes of which I hadn't seen in months (basically, it keeps me up all night, I can't get comfortable, I have racing thoughts, and digestive issues that may include urping).

So I took a pill ... and then promptly urped. :| So that was a wasted dose of precious meds. I slept for about an hour on the couch, and that always works miracles. I feel much better now and have had some toast, so I'll be going in to work in a few hours.

Hard not to think that it was one-too-many drinks, but everything just pointed to anxiety, so .... :shrug:

Regardless, I think I'm going to have to lower my drink limit to two per outing. It's pretty damned rare that I go anywhere that I have more than one drink anyway, so it'll be an easy shift.

Yeah, my situation at work is totally out of my control at this point - just have to wait until Sept 4th for the verdict. Trying not to stress.

Italy, eh? Sounds awesome. I'd love to go to Venice and Rome... see the statue of David and the Sistine (sp?) Chapel

We only started early because we get a week of vacation after the first quarter this year - FALL BREAK! I'm excited for that!

I know! my little guy is now 8 1/2 and will be 9 next summer - great traveling age - doesn't whine too much, can play his video games on the long plane ride and won't roll his eyes at having to hang with his parents (like a teenager would do).

:up:

Aw, poor Cori! The price we pay. I find that a greasy breakfast helps (and there's some medical proof behind that - I just forget what it is). I love a fried egg sandwich with cheese when I'm hung over.
Not that I'm ever hung over :shifty:

Hope you feel better.

I'm hope with my "little" guy today - he threw up this morning. So we're just gonna watch tv all day, maybe read... at least I get to finish catching up on my grading.

Hey you...

McDonald's french fries are my hangover go to. And Vitamin Water.

Nope. I can't see a thing there, but an empty white square. :lol: But my daughter sent me the vid file so I watched it on my computer, not online.

looks like I need a new job. Just got a voice mail from my boss at my main job stating that they don't need me the rest of this week, need me part time next week, and then no hours the rest of the month. Having a pastry chef is new to them since I started in March so a lot of their clients are used to getting a cookie platter or sorbet, both are very cheap. My boss has a hard time selling their long time customers on desserts but they were doing a good job for a while. Now with all of the Jewish holidays coming up in Sept they don't have any business again. You'd think people would want to hire them but it's just the opposite for these particular holidays.

What frustrates me the most right now is there were a lot of jobs on craigslist the past few weeks that I was interested in for the first time all summer. I did not apply because I was told I would have hours again. Now most of these jobs aren't available when I go to the websites to fill out the application. Of course there's nothing this week to apply to. I don't know if I can get unemployment if I want to keep my part time job. I know they'll subtract what I make there from whatever I'd get. I probably should look into that tomorrow. My part time job has no room for any extra hours because there's already a full time pastry chef. I only work on her two days off.

I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach. I was told months ago when I approached my boss about time off this summer that I shouldn't worry and it would only be the last 2 weeks of July. I only talked to her about it because I needed to get a new car or fix my old car. She told me not to worry and I should get a new car because there will be plenty of work for me. I have to really cut back now on things, including the gym and boot camp. I was supposed to sign up for the next session next week but I can't do that. I also have to cut out a few events coming up with some friends until I find something else.

Oh and my boss is now ignoring my phone calls. She left me a message but won't return my calls even though her message says to call her back to discuss options because she has a lot of stuff for me after Sept. :shrug: She can figure out how to make that stuff on her own or just give them a cookie platter. Doesn't seem like she really wants to keep me around..../pity party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom