PGP: Off with the yellow pants, Bono! (On with the leather...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cake looks awesome arw! :applaud: Glad you still had a good time despite the annoying bits. How rude! But good that your mom had a good party. You did good! And I sure wish I could help you out with that food!

My brother...gotta love him. He means well but sometimes he does not know FB etiquette. He took a bunch of extremely unflattering pics of me cutting up the cake and just posted them on FB and TAGGED me :scream: I made him take some down but at first he laughed and said we could talk about it tomorrow. I'm very self conscious of my side profile because all I see is my big fat stomach. He removed them when I told him I was about to cry over this because a few of them were so horrible...and I generally don't cry over stuff like that! But I figured out how to remove them from my timeline before he could remove them. I didn't even want to untag myself. I just wanted them totally gone! :sad:

Yeah, you should be proud, it looks professional. If I tried that it'd look all lumpy or slumped and the frosting would be running everywhere or something :p.

it upsets me...well actually I find it quite embarrassing sometimes....that as a trained pastry chef I still cannot decorate cakes the way I'd like. It comes so naturally for some people I know but this is just not my strong point. I'm sure if I worked somewhere that I had to do this on a daily basis I would get better. My specialty since day one has always been petit fours. My very first boss I ever had in this industry told me he saw right away that was my strong point and I should focus on making petit four platters. That's exactly why my current boss hired me but I still get upset over my cake skills....or lack of.

:hyper::hyper::heart::hyper::hyper:

I'm hereeeeeeeeee!!!!! At least for a bit.

A friend dropped in for surprise visit tonight and brought me the inexpensive version of an Apple A/C Adapter she got fpr me several months ago ( before my accident) before i could get it from her back then.

So i'm on someone else's signal... i have to find some service not too expensive and not too slow either :sigh:

how is everyone!

The cake looks amazing, arw! :up: Sorry to hear that people were such asses. :tsk: But it's over now, and at least you did have some fun.

I hate it when people tag me in unflattering pics too. I have my settings so locked down so that people have to have my permission before their tag of me in the picture shows up. I don't remember how I did it, but it was so I could prevent drunk or awful pictures of me from showing up on my page without my say so. :lol:

Jeremy Northam works every time. :shifty:

*Starts looking for ways to send Jeremy Northam around to Tara's place*

(Just looked him up on IMDB, he's not a bad-looking guy.)

it upsets me...well actually I find it quite embarrassing sometimes....that as a trained pastry chef I still cannot decorate cakes the way I'd like. It comes so naturally for some people I know but this is just not my strong point. I'm sure if I worked somewhere that I had to do this on a daily basis I would get better. My specialty since day one has always been petit fours. My very first boss I ever had in this industry told me he saw right away that was my strong point and I should focus on making petit four platters. That's exactly why my current boss hired me but I still get upset over my cake skills....or lack of.

Eh, hey, first off, like I said, it's certainly a lot better than most people could do, and second, yeah, like you said, it'd help if you were made to do that more often-everyone's got their things they're naturals at and then there's the stuff that you learn along the way. Do you try to make things in any spare time you have that you can practice decorating further on?

And agreed on the photos as well. If someone's going to do anything with photos involving you being put online, it's just common courtesy to get your input, I think.

Also, hi, Dazz :wave:! Good to have you here for a bit. All's fine on my end-I'm a bit tired, but otherwise fine. I don't work tomorrow, so I'm just chilling and watching some TV and trying to figure out where the thing to make CDs is on my computer :p. How about you, how are things on your end?

Dazz UPDATE:

don't have my PT out-patient yet. have walked w walking boot opened-only layover fabric,velcro $ velcroed webbing straps on foot part in place AT Home <only>. has strengthened ankle more. I bought new sneakers just before i saw doctor last week. an walk in them pretty comfortably in apt. By next week will try outside s-l-o-w-l-y!
He says i can go cane free if i want now. But w so many hills, walking down them w/o cane is too tricky yet.
i'd tend to rush not good . in my apt i'm cane free.:hyper:

i was going to do this tomorrow and i will again but i dercided to walk my friend out to the cab, so i had my sneakers only (no walkin boot, no ace bandage). just went down the short set of steps to our building. It seems my ankle needs to get use to the hardness of concrete vs the wood floors in my apt, altho there's no problem on the building hall & lobby.

oh btw part of AIWIY runs on a commercial for a show called Cold Case.... on now.

good u r ok other than tiredness. Enjoy your day off!

this is the first time since :hmm: Feb i"ve been able to be on the net here @ home!

I might stay up another :uhoh: 2+ hrs (4AM)just to catch up on a whole bunch of stuff! the extreme wee hours i should vbe able to stay on signal w/o being kicked off.

i was going to do this tomorrow and i will again but i dercided to walk my friend out to the cab, so i had my sneakers only (no walkin boot, no ace bandage). just went down the short set of steps to our building. It seems my ankle needs to get use to the hardness of concrete vs the wood floors in my apt, altho there's no problem on the building hall & lobby.

Yeah, I don't doubt that it'll take a while for your foot to properly adjust to different types of floors, I'm sure. But that's great that you're able to start walking around without the boot or bandage! I'm really glad you're doing so much better, we've missed you a lot around here and appreciate the updates :hug:.

I can't remember, did your doctors think there might be any permanent effects from the injury to your ankle or do they think you'll make a clean recovery and there won't be any lingering pains or whatever?

oh btw part of AIWIY runs on a commercial for a show called Cold Case.... on now.

Ooh! Nice :up:. It's one thing to hear U2 in random places, but to hear songs of theirs that aren't their more well-known hits? Particularly special.

good u r ok other than tiredness. Enjoy your day off!

this is the first time since :hmm: Feb i"ve been able to be on the net here @ home!

I might stay up another :uhoh: 2+ hrs (4AM)just to catch up on a whole bunch of stuff! the extreme wee hours i should vbe able to stay on signal w/o being kicked off.

Will do :D. After how busy my summer's been workwise things are getting back to normal and I've got some free days coming up the next couple weeks, so yeah, time to celebrate.

Sounds good! Yeah, stick around as long as you can, catch up, do whatever you wanna do. You've earned it, I think.

Yeah, I don't doubt that it'll take a while for your foot to properly adjust to different types of floors, I'm sure. But that's great that you're able to start walking around without the boot or bandage! I'm really glad you're doing so much better, we've missed you a lot around here and appreciate the updates :hug:.

I can't remember, did your doctors think there might be any permanent effects from the injury to your ankle or do they think you'll make a clean recovery and there won't be any lingering pains or whatever?

Ooh! Nice :up:. It's one thing to hear U2 in random places, but to hear songs of theirs that aren't their more well-known hits? Particularly special.

Will do :D. After how busy my summer's been workwise things are getting back to normal and I've got some free days coming up the next couple weeks, so yeah, time to celebrate.

Sounds good! Yeah, stick around as long as you can, catch up, do whatever you wanna do. You've earned it, I think.

aawww thanks! :hug:

my surgeon expects me to make a compleat recovery... i asked him - hrd to shape the question... would feel anything extra weird as i continue recovering.. He said i might feel the screws...i figure he means something like top part against going into my bones if i was rubbing the ankle. So far not! good!

but my older cousin by about 11 yeaRS had ankle fracturte and she has screws AND a plate in hers. She became a Master Gardener in California in the past several yeARS. So it seems not to have slowed her down much at all! :applaud::applaud:

hopefully will set up PT out patient this comin week.

i have to do my standing strengtheing exercises more! i can go do shopping now 3 blocks away up/then back down hill. with about 5 -6 lbs of stuff. take a while longer to get back up to my sometimes 10+ - 15+ lbs of big all-in-one shopping. but glad i can do this much, and buying smaller amounts i go out almost every day! great practice.

it's also getting the stamina/endurance to get back to my 2-3 mph walking, able to walk ? 1 1/2 miles at a time. i have been able to do more but just haven't had motivation/places to stroll that far in past several years certainly not in my current nabe.

glad to know your work load will be going back to normal! :yippie:

eta:

one of the luckiest things besides some really good drs/nurses and PT, OT people is that fact that after the first few days after the accident, after they took me off IV pain meds & 1 oxytocin pill, and every time i've made a major change /progress foward i've been in little to no pain most of the time. whatever pain i have had after those initial things accident, then surgery..is usally not more than a 2 (1-10) rarely that. mote like a .5, 1, 1.5 most of the time very intermitently, and goes away fast. VERY LUCKY!!! to not have had to manage pain issues much at all WHILE struggling to walk again!

and re AIWIY lol i didn't quite recognize it at first...until...
like mentally a one eyebrow lift...is that bono? is that U2!?! n :lol:

:doh:

neilarmstronggreenday.png

WTF? Is this person for real? :huh:

Party is over. It was fun but we have a TON of food left over. Anyone want to come to Minnesota tomorrow for dinner? :happy: 20 people showed up. About 4-5 people didn't eat a damn thing. :| My aunt and uncle are totally jerks to my mom. It's my mom's sister but my uncle is just an ass so over the years she's turned into him. My grandma always used to say to my mom that instead of my aunt bringing him up, he brought her down. It's their anniversary today but my aunt has planned crap on our birthdays or anniversaries before so my mom did not see it as an issue. Anyways my aunt got here tonight and claimed she didn't know if was for dinner so they already ate. She actually got into it a little with my mom about how it wasn't clear on our evite. It says please join us for DINNER!!!!! So my mom got her ipad and pulled up the evite to show her because she was making such a big damn deal about it. Turns out my sister overheard my uncle tell someone at the party that they had plans with friends for dinner and drinks tonight so they were making an early exit. Seriously?

But other than that it was a lot of fun. My sister and I both drank way too much wine. The food was amazing too. My little Wesley actually came into the living room/dining area quite a bit to socialize, which is something he usually doesn't do when my cousins with little kids come over. Glad it's over and really glad my mom had a nice time.

I'm glad your mom enjoyed it, despite the jerky behavior of other relatives. They should have just stayed away altogether! And the cake looks wonderful!

aawww thanks! :hug:

my surgeon expects me to make a compleat recovery... i asked him - hrd to shape the question... would feel anything extra weird as i continue recovering.. He said i might feel the screws...i figure he means something like top part against going into my bones if i was rubbing the ankle. So far not! good!

but my older cousin by about 11 yeaRS had ankle fracturte and she has screws AND a plate in hers. She became a Master Gardener in California in the past several yeARS. So it seems not to have slowed her down much at all! :applaud::applaud:

You're very welcome :) :hug:.

Cool, that's good to know! But even if you feel anything, like you said, if your cousin could be up and about with no issues (and good for her! Master gardner, you say? Neat!), then yeah, you should be just fine as well. It's amazing what the human body can overcome sometimes.

hopefully will set up PT out patient this comin week.

i have to do my standing strengtheing exercises more! i can go do shopping now 3 blocks away up/then back down hill. with about 5 -6 lbs of stuff. take a while longer to get back up to my sometimes 10+ - 15+ lbs of big all-in-one shopping. but glad i can do this much, and buying smaller amounts i go out almost every day! great practice.

it's also getting the stamina/endurance to get back to my 2-3 mph walking, able to walk ? 1 1/2 miles at a time. i have been able to do more but just haven't had motivation/places to stroll that far in past several years certainly not in my current nabe.

Sure, yeah, it helps to have places worth going to to help motivate you (and don't you love that when you're finally out and about, there's not many places to visit beyond a certain point :p?). That seems like a fine enough start-baby steps at first, just get your ankle back to doing what it's meant to do and then you move on from there.

I just imagine that fresh air has to be good. No doubt one would go stir crazy during the time when you can't move much, if at all and just have to sit around.

glad to iknow your work load will be going back to normal! :yippie:

Indeed. I tell you what, though, all that hard work and all the hours put in were worth it for the concert I went to earlier this month. I feel like I really earned that trip with my friends and the time off, and having money to spend is never a bad thing at all.

But yes, I look forward to sleeping in, being able to be up late if I want, I can take these days and catch up on things I wanted to do...it'll be fun. And my mom's going to be taking the week of Labor Day off, so any free time I have then her and I might find some stuff to do.

You're very welcome :) :hug:.

Cool, that's good to know! But even if you feel anything, like you said, if your cousin could be up and about with no issues (and good for her! Master gardner, you say? Neat!), then yeah, you should be just fine as well. It's amazing what the human body can overcome sometimes.

Sure, yeah, it helps to have places worth going to to help motivate you (and don't you love that when you're finally out and about, there's not many places to visit beyond a certain point :p?). That seems like a fine enough start-baby steps at first, just get your ankle back to doing what it's meant to do and then you move on from there.

I just imagine that fresh air has to be good. No doubt one would go stir crazy during the time when you can't move much, if at all and just have to sit around.

Indeed. I tell you what, though, all that hard work and all the hours put in were worth it for the concert I went to earlier this month. I feel like I really earned that trip with my friends and the time off, and having money to spend is never a bad thing at all.

But yes, I look forward to sleeping in, being able to be up late if I want, I can take these days and catch up on things I wanted to do...it'll be fun. And my mom's going to be taking the week of Labor Day off, so any free time I have then her and I might find some stuff to do.

oh cool where did you go/who's concert was it?

when i'm able to get waaaay downtown again... and able to walk ,onger distances---i walk from a few blocks above canal st sometimes alll the way down to a few blocks above the Staten Island Ferry Terminal (manhattan side) on the west side hudson river reenway/esplanADE into the World Financial North cove, down the next esplanade by battery city park to the very end of battery city park w ebnnds just NW battery park. sometimes sit awhile to take in each place's wonderfulness!:love:

my current nabe has way too many hills to be a comfortable, fun area to walk through. Not much around that interests me either. ah well.... but my apt is a :heart: gem! smaller end of medium i guess but :hyper: with 5 closets!!!!!

even thought i didn't really go out fri i did et my mail and as i came out into my hallway i thot i smelled grass (as in the stuff you mow :lol:) when i got downstairs to get my mail i really smelled cut grass :happysigh: there are 2 spots near my building where this could have been done and luckily the breeze was in the right direction!

But I thought the days of Bono's moobs had passed! He was so fit 'n shit. Sigh. Oh, Bono, you are one mighty tasty little pork chop.

as i've occassionally said the B man could take some serious lessons from Springteen on how to et fit for a tour. :wink:

U217
But I thought the days of Bono's moobs had passed! He was so fit 'n shit. Sigh. Oh, Bono, you are one mighty tasty little pork chop.

:)wave: hi denise)
as i've occassionally said the B man could take some serious lessons from Springteen on how to get fit for a tour. :wink:
but lounging about on his off-month(s) is his perogative. :)

:hmm:...you know, given that we have a lot of girls around here who like to go running and are involved in various fitness activities and whatnot, maybe they should get together and be Bono's, um, fitness coaches :wink:. Or something.

oh cool where did you go/who's concert was it?

Went to St. Paul, Minnesota with my friends to see Coldplay. The band put on an excellent show, and my friends and I had a blast. It was nice to get out of town for a couple days and just go do something fun. And to be in a city where there was actual stuff to do.

when i'm able to get waaaay downtown again... and able to walk ,onger distances---i walk from a few blocks above canal st sometimes alll the way down to a few blocks above the Staten Island Ferry Terminal (manhattan side) on the west side hudson river reenway/esplanADE into the World Financial North cove, down the next esplanade by battery city park to the very end of battery city park w ebnnds just NW battery park. sometimes sit awhile to take in each place's wonderfulness!:love:

my current nabe has way too many hills to be a comfortable, fun area to walk through. Not much around that interests me either. ah well.... but my apt is a :heart: gem! smaller end of medium i guess but :hyper: with 5 closets!!!!!

5 closets? Nice! I know my mom would kill for a place with that kind of free space.

Eh, even if you can't get around much 'cause of the hills, it still sounds like a pretty area scenery-wise. And the other areas you like to walk in sound great, too. You're making me want to go back to New York City now :p!

even thought i didn't really go out fri i did et my mail and as i came out into my hallway i thot i smelled grass (as in the stuff you mow :lol:) when i got downstairs to get my mail i really smelled cut grass :happysigh: there are 2 spots near my building where this could have been done and luckily the breeze was in the right direction!

Yay for good breezes! And you can't beat the smell of freshly cut grass-I don't know what it is about that, but it always does smell nice when you pass by.

(LOL at clarifying what kind of grass you smelled :D ;).)

:hmm:...you know, given that we have a lot of girls around here who like to go running and are involved in various fitness activities and whatnot, maybe they should get together and be Bono's, um, fitness coaches :wink:. Or something.

Went to St. Paul, Minnesota with my friends to see Coldplay. The band put on an excellent show, and my friends and I had a blast. It was nice to get out of town for a couple days and just go do something fun. And to be in a city where there was actual stuff to do.

5 closets? Nice! I know my mom would kill for a place with that kind of free space.

Eh, even if you can't get around much 'cause of the hills, it still sounds like a pretty area scenery-wise. And the other areas you like to walk in sound great, too. You're making me want to go back to New York City now :p!

Yay for good breezes! And you can't beat the smell of freshly cut grass-I don't know what it is about that, but it always does smell nice when you pass by.

(LOL at clarifying what kind of grass you smelled :D ;).)

:lol: like your PGP Fitness Trainers for the B man!

ah CP in St Paul, Minni how nice!!! good for you!:hug:

no my nabe is not very scenic at all... it does have at least some trees but like ? aT least 50% less than all the other neighborhoods i've lived in. at least w Mayor Bloomberg's Million Trees project the area just had a bunch of saplings including 3 Japanese cherry :love: blosom trees in front of our Rite Aid (pharmacy) in the Spring of the year after i arrived there (Nov 09)!

and some interesting architectural details on some of the buildings. really not much around....

:lol:
i haed to pause for a sec and laugh as i begain to type the original setence....around here usually people smoking weed is the poorer quiality stuiff that smells kind of "skunkish". once in a great while i will smell some that begins to have a bit of sweetness in it.

i never got the stuff myself in the 70's but from hanging around with my sis and some of her friends who'd get. Being back then all middle middle to upper middle class they got nice stuuf!

:wave:
left some for birds tho, fun to watch when they eat fermented berries and are drunk as hell wondering around :lol:

:lol: i read about that a good while back about birds and other animals deliberately eating fermented berries to get buzzed! :lol:

JJ & hedgehogs!:cute:

the "air porridge" looks cool....never had heard of it before. What do ? lingonberries taste like (comparing to other berries).

wow .... 0 C already?! :(

eta i remember way back visiting some friends of my dad...sunnertime & bees were sippin the little bit of Coca Cola on the outside rim of a can...and then wobbling around!

:lol: like your PGP Fitness Trainers for the B man!

:giggle: I do believe we might have found a suggestion for the title to the next PGP thread.

ah CP in St Paul, Minni how nice!!! good for you!:hug:

:hug: Yeah, it was nice.

Not to mention, I liked watching the band members themselves...some nice eye candy :shifty:. Um. Yeah.

:no my nabe is not very scenic at all... it does have at least some trees but like ? aT least 50% less than all the other neighborhoods i've lived in. at least w Mayor Bloomberg's Million Trees project the area just had a bunch of saplings including 3 Japanese cherry :love: blosom trees in front of our Rite Aid (pharmacy) in the Spring of the year after i arrived there (Nov 09)!

and some interesting architectural details on some of the buildings. really not much around....

Ah. Darn. Eh, well. I know what that's like, though, there's not really anything exciting to look at in my neighborhood, either.

Japanese cherry blossom trees sound lovely! That project seems like a cool idea, you can never have enough trees.

:lol:
i haed to pause for a sec and laugh as i begain to type the original setence....around here usually people smoking weed is the poorer quiality stuiff that smells kind of "skunkish". once in a great while i will smell some that begins to have a bit of sweetness in it.

i never got the stuff myself in the 70's but from hanging around with my sis and some of her friends who'd get. Being back then all middle middle to upper middle class they got nice stuuf!

Mmhm. I've never smoked pot, either, but that smell was quite common when I lived in Colorado-lot of pot smokers out that way. I went into a music store one day and was immediately greeted by that smell and Bob Marley on the soundsystem. So original :lol:. And I'm thinking back on some of the concerts I've been to over the years, too. Very familiar with that "skunkish" smell.

In other, completely random topics...okay, I might need help or something, 'cause I cannot stop listening to this song:

Muse - Madness (Lyric Video) - YouTube

The first official single from these guys' upcoming album. Ridiculously catchy.

Yes Gg, but we have met and you are female. I suppose it could be worse. They could be lavender or turquoise.

I think what makes them stand out is the color combo on top. They are many nice colors that don't always play nice together. This confirms what I have suspected from the JT days.....Bono is color blind.

But this is what I get when I whined over his over-use of black. He schooled me. Well played, sir...well played.

I think that's why Ali is not seen in any of these photos. She is allergic to color and has broken out in an awful rash.

:lol::lol:

it's that hat :yuck: i object to! The yellow isn't bad really, but could go with a better color choice for shirt etc

GG besides NYC Basic-Black outfits i have, i also dress in bright fully-saturated (but not neon) colors. i have lightweight drawstring ( i think iof yoga, vut trhey're not quite loose enough in right spots for it ) pants in vermillion, turquoise, yellow (1), fushia , oh and black, too, :D It gets too hot here in the sunner to wear black esp tops above 80 F ish derees or so. and have bright tops T's and others (and black) & white to go with them.

Moonlit:i smoked pot here there in the 70's from my sis's friends. Ansd would get a contact high at themidnight showings of Rocky Horror Show. but the quality was good so it had a more fragrent slightly sweet aroma.

In one neighborhood (upper washington heights)
was only 5 blocks away from a major park. and if too tired to go up there 2-3 blocks away from a short ave that had and overlook tio the Hudson River.

in brooklyn i was 10 blocks away from the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, central library and a bit closer prospect park (major Brooklyn park)
and parts of that nabe were so full of trees, even some 4 - 5 stories high and little flower gardens with the small apt buildins and brownstones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom