PGP: Off with the horns, on with the show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this series he's a recovering addict. I'm not sure about other versions but I believe the original story he is a recreational user.

In the original he's not exactly a recreational user, since he goes on uncontrollable binges when he hasn't got a case. He's using dependently, just not continuously. Jonny Lee Miller :heart: I loved him in Mansfield Park. My local theater is doing a rebroadcast of Frankenstein with him and Benedict Cumberbatch this winter!

In the original he's not exactly a recreational user, since he goes on uncontrollable binges when he hasn't got a case. He's using dependently, just not continuously. Jonny Lee Miller :heart: I loved him in Mansfield Park. My local theater is doing a rebroadcast of Frankenstein with him and Benedict Cumberbatch this winter!

Ah thanks, I haven't read the original so I wasn't sure. I knew he wasn't really and addict but did use so my choice of "recreational" probably wasn't correct.

I really want to see those but I keep missing them! Have you seen either yet? And if so which cast do you prefer? I hear JLM as Frankenstein and BC as the creature is the better one.

I haven't seen it yet, but I hear that the creature is the juicier role that each of them preferred to play. I think when they rebroadcast it will be with Benedict as the creature, since he's the one that most people are paying to see. I like JLM and all, but even apart from his inexplicable charm Benedict Cumberbatch is a very seriously gifted actor. Sherlock is a great role but it really hardly touches on what he is able to do. I'm really looking forward to seeing Frankenstein and his newer stuff. The trailer for Fifth Estate was almost surreal.

Ironically this reminds me of my brother. Well written scene/character by the writer indeed. Reality isn't far away from this. Is he a drug user throughout the series?

Meant to also mention, this scene is really fascinating too in that it pretty much directly explains why the writers decided to make this version of Sherlock an addict. When taking the original characters with their core personalities (of both Watson and Sherlock) and dropping them into this century, we need to take into account how the modern world is going to affect them. In this scene we have Sherlock, with his brilliant mind, actually realizing this about himself. He almost seems to realize somewhere deep down, that something is off, that if only he were born a little earlier in a less "amplified" time, maybe he wouldn't have become an addict. Of course, we the audience know he is in the wrong time. It's quite brilliant actually!

Tara, seriously you need to see ALL the Marvel movies! Most of them are great fun.
And Captain America is in the Avengers too :) , and probably the second Avengers film, that will be comming out late 2014ish.

Shit ... I really have a new addiction... AGAIN

I've seen a lot of them, and I really need to watch The Avengers, as I haven't yet... I do own it, I just haven't watched it.

I haven't seen The Amazing Spider-Man, or Captain America yet. I know I should, but for some reason I can't bring myself to watch CA.

I know why I haven't watched Spider-Man: I am a big fan of the Tobey Maguire version of the character. :shifty:

:reject: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ramble.

New addictions can be fun :shifty::hyper:

Don't worry you guys are not alone. I don't watch any of those: Sherlock, Dr. Who, etc.
And I can't even look at Pineapple Bumbershoot. :p

I do however watch Elementary with Jonny Lee Miller :love: It's the first version of Sherlock I've ever enjoyed.

Doctor Who is fun. Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey! :p
Sherlock is fun too, but I just enjoy British mystery shows like that...

:lmao: Pineapple Bumbershoot! I love it!

Anyone want a glimpse of his wonderful Sherlock? Watch the first 1:50. This is what I like about this show, it's lovely moments like these. :up:

Elementary - A Simpler Time - YouTube

I keep meaning to watch this, and I keep forgetting. But, I love Jonny. He is an amazing actor: Mansfield Park was awesome, Dracula 2000 was awesome, and according to my brother, Plunkett & Maclean was awesome... etc, etc.

I don't know about that last movie, though. I've never seen it. :D

:reject: I'm sorry for talking so much. I have a cold from hell, and it tends to make me babble.

No worries, I hope you feel better soon. Try chicken soup? :hmm:

I need to seek out more JLM to watch because although I have loved him since Trainspotting I haven't seen a whole lot of him.

The reviews are mixed on Capt. A. The movie itself is a bit on the cheesy side. Chris Evans is great and there's a lot of good stuff. It isn't that bad really. Hugo Weaving as the villain is pretty hilarious though. I mean it's Hugo Weaving tho so ya gotta love him anyway. :lol:

:love: Elementary is AWESOME! The only Sherlock Series I can watch throughout, actually. Love it!

:hmm: I have the day off, all Marvel movies on my external HDD, can link my laptop to the tv.... I smell a plan.

:love: Elementary is AWESOME! The only Sherlock Series I can watch throughout, actually. Love it!

Isn't it great? I was pretty disinterested to begin with because A. Had never been the biggest Lucy Liu fan and B. Had never liked the Sherlock story very much. In fact probably my favorite interpretations of Sherlock and Watson up until that point would be Data and Geordie on Star Trek TNG. :hmm:

But I watched because of JLM, and was I ever pleasantly surprised. I really love LL now too.

And is it just me or is there a pretty glaring typo on this page from the new U2.com gift. :huh:

northsidepage.jpg~original

Meant to also mention, this scene is really fascinating too in that it pretty much directly explains why the writers decided to make this version of Sherlock an addict. When taking the original characters with their core personalities (of both Watson and Sherlock) and dropping them into this century, we need to take into account how the modern world is going to affect them. In this scene we have Sherlock, with his brilliant mind, actually realizing this about himself. He almost seems to realize somewhere deep down, that something is off, that if only he were born a little earlier in a less "amplified" time, maybe he wouldn't have become an addict. Of course, we the audience know he is in the wrong time. It's quite brilliant actually!

And really the writers// or sherlock is so right about it. Most druggies do it because they want to escape the pressure of society.Which seems to be building up these days, it is a weird time to live in , Especially if you would be from the past. Can not even imagine. But its scenes like this that make you go -Oh right.. that might be why my brother went to use that stuff in the first place. purely running away and trying to live in your own bubble.

Thus for me its good acting and good writing. Makes you think and even understand a bit.

And now, to keep things on the light side :

tumblr_mwb1qhIJ871s7rh0io7_500.jpg

tony Stark and Loki bonus on the side.

That's not always the case. It can also be a nice way to escape your own shitty life...

Which could be created by the pressure of your environment ?

Could our next thread be something like : U2 : ASSEMBLE! And give us that new album

In a way yes, everything is caused by the environment, but at most I think it's the demons inside ones head we fight and try to avoid by taking drugs. Alcohol would count as a drug here too.

No worries, I hope you feel better soon. Try chicken soup? :hmm:

I need to seek out more JLM to watch because although I have loved him since Trainspotting I haven't seen a whole lot of him.

The reviews are mixed on Capt. A. The movie itself is a bit on the cheesy side. Chris Evans is great and there's a lot of good stuff. It isn't that bad really. Hugo Weaving as the villain is pretty hilarious though. I mean it's Hugo Weaving tho so ya gotta love him anyway. :lol:

:yes: It's going away a bit, but I'm little scared that it's going into my chest.:huh:

Oh, yea, I know what you mean. I looked up his filmography and, until this moment, I honestly did not realize he was in Dark Shadows last year. :lol:

I heard that, and I think that's part of what's kept me from watching it. But, Hugo Weaving is Awesome :rockon:. Yes, with a capital A. :lol:

And now, to keep things on the light side :

tumblr_mwb1qhIJ871s7rh0io7_500.jpg

tony Stark and Loki bonus on the side.

:lol:

Which could be created by the pressure of your environment ?

Could our next thread be something like : U2 : ASSEMBLE! And give us that new album

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

I like DW but am not really excited about the anniversary. I was more a Tennant girl. I might catch up eventually since I still have some Matt Smith to rewatch. :huh:

I've not seen either Sherlock, BBC or US version. I preferred the books, sorry.

That said, I am a HUGE fan of the new NBC Dracula with the lovely and delicious Jonathan Rhys Meyers. :drool::drool:

I haven't checked out Dracula yet, it pops by every week on the site that I watch my series on. But I mean to do so. What's the storyline like?

And Sorry for the overall lateness of the thread title. I wasn't around on the moment we switched threads.

Not that this thread title ruins it for my imagination :lol:

tumblr_moq459ORuQ1rwnsgco1_500.jpg

GG , my messages are not arriving again. Seriously Skype... You failed this city.

I actually do, I've seen you post around in the first year I was here I think. When the band started touring 360 :wave:

I actually do, I've seen you post around in the first year I was here I think. When the band started touring 360 :wave:

Hi. :) I honestly don't remember the last time I was here, sure it was a long time ago though. I never left U2 but I drifted for a while, now I feel a bit like I need them again so I'm reconnecting a bit. It's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom