PGP: Off with the horns, on with the show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2ordinarylovepressNYC12-7-20137.jpg~original

:ohmy: Damn....

:uhoh: Bono really needs to start trying much harder to keep me in his camp damnit...

I hate you the Edge for being so awesome... GAAH

Pendant/biology nerdism: Seems to resemble either the nail/claw from a bear species.
Can not figure out the round pendant either. Maybe it was one of the coin pendants he had on the 360 tour?

Now that I noticed Anton's name is on it, it looks like the pics from the special version of one of their albums, so I probably have it on my shelf, but just didn't remember. :reject:

Same here. Only the version with Bono. Never seen a pic with Edge and Mandela.
So this one is new to most of us. I'm pretty sure I've only seen the Bono kneeling to Mandela photo in one of Antons books.

The font on the pic is very familiar. It reminds me of one of the books that came with an album. It might be U218. Gonna go take a look... :hmm:

Ok the font in the corner is identical but that pic wasn't there, at least in the booklet in the CD, but I know there are more pics like that somewhere else, with that font, I just can't remember where. :hmm:

I hate you the Edge for being so awesome... GAAH

Pendant/biology nerdism: Seems to resemble either the nail/claw from a bear species.
Can not figure out the round pendant either. Maybe it was one of the coin pendants he had on the 360 tour?

Remember this pic? :hmm: Is it one of them maybe? (The round one)

17323529-d57c1d731f0d0fb6e10e0ac554.jpg~original

I swear I was so waiting for him to wear that "WIN" one. :lol:

OH YES, I remember that pic. :cute: I love a man with cool taste in jewerly.
The one one the right seems to have a bronze-ish coin on it.

I never seen him wear the WIN one, but I was hoping with you :giggle:

Or the wardrobe presentation for the lovetown and joshua tree tour.

Hey, I love those clothes. Like, love those clothes. They were like an initiation of some sort for me.

Which one? :hmm:

Bono's. It's darker than usual and looks kind of like mmm upper lip. I think the person is right who said Edge's pendant looks like a bear claw. I love it. I remarked once on how they wear so much jewelry and yet manage not to look douchey or gay, and my sister said it's much more common for men to wear it on the other side of the pond. Is that the case?

I miss the meme and photoshop threads lol.
I find it hilarious when people think men wearing jewelry (which on most of the cases is designed specifically for men, note the thicker chains and simple designs. often related to either animals or things like skulls. Coins, Dog tags.. Not particularly what I call super feminine

I had a discussion about it with the dude I took to Depeche Mode last week.
I was kinda annoyed at him. Because the first thing he and his girlfriend asked me if He was gay... Uhhh well NO?! Have you looked at that guy. married longer than you.

But because when their singer is on stage,
he wears jewelry, a skull ring, and a pendant in the shape of a bird skull. So he must be on the other side right?
He also wears guyliner on stage. Because he turns into a completely different guy anyway when he's on stage. And they are still a so called "goth" band, writing about the heavier stuff in life.So he must really be gay right?

Anyway the dude tends to be strutting down the stage like a peacock. He's super conscious and confident of himself and really takes care of his body. "OMG GAYYYY"

And therefore i always get the " Is he gay ?" question...
It really disturbs me quite a lot when people think people are gay for the way they dress ,talk, walk, accessorize or anything.
Both Edge and Dave,the singer from depeche mode. are very masculine but are not afraid to wear or do stuff , that society might see as femine.
(Even bono with his mac makeup, Ad with his full white outfit, or bedazzled pants, etc.. Its all stage persona anyway?)

They are just comfy at being a stand out guy.And I applaud this.
Even find it attractive, because its a sign of being yourself and being very confident. They want to look good and they do :)

Adjust your gaydar people...

:giggle:

For me its just an indication that my gaydar is fine-tuned ,
and that half of my country is not near as openminded as me yet.

:giggle: So thats my cup of tea about that. I just love guys with good taste in jewelry. :shrug:

Both Edge and Dave,the singer from depeche mode. are very masculine but are not afraid to wear or do stuff , that society might see as femine.
(Even bono with his mac makeup, Ad with his full white outfit, or bedazzled pants, etc.. Its all stage persona anyway?)
They are just comfy at being a stand out guy.And I applaud this.
Even find it attractive, because its a sign of being yourself and being very confident. They want to look good and they do :)
I actually find the way that U2 often ignores masculine norms to be incredibly sexy. That goes for everything from the guyliner and jewelry to their affection for each other and frequent touching, to the nonhierachical model at Principle and the high number female staff there, including high ranking ones, to the activism around traditionally feminine concerns like Amnesty, poverty and AIDS. That shit it hot. U2 displays a much more well rounded than usual model of masculinity which I adore.

^That. Amen! Really who gives a shit about what the rest of society thinks on "what's masculine or not"
When being confident with this kind of stuff is x infinity more cool and super attractive.

I get that the jewelry and make up, and "caring about eachother" is not for everyone, but when it suits a guy. Why not.

By the way I saw that DM has the exact kind of relationship as U2 has.
They where hi-5ing each all the time, other, bumping into each other on purpose, and smiling all concert long.
They kept wandering to each other. And giving each other all the praise they should have.
And they do the group hug and thanking each other thing at the end like U2 does.
Which just is so heart-warming and endearing no ego there.
That is what being in a band for 30 years does with you anyway. You get to appreciate and love each other.

I actually find the way that U2 often ignores masculine norms to be incredibly sexy. That goes for everything from the guyliner and jewelry to their affection for each other and frequent touching, to the nonhierachical model at Principle and the high number female staff there, including high ranking ones, to the activism around traditionally feminine concerns like Amnesty, poverty and AIDS. That shit it hot. U2 displays a much more well rounded than usual model of masculinity which I adore.

:applaud: Well said. And the constant affection between all four members is something beyond words. They love each other and have a deeper bond than most families! They've seen each other through the best and worst times, and come out stronger. It's one of the many reasons why I love them! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom