PGP - October and it's not just the trees that are stripped bare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooh. Sounds lovely indeed. You should get pictures when they start changing (heck, even beforehand, 'cause it sounds like a beautiful area as is, too!).

I've always wanted to take pictures on that portion of the drive. Unfortunately it's a bit too treacherous to take a picture while driving on that road. Too many twists and turns and ups and downs, unfortunately, and there's no safe place to walk either. Maybe if I'm driving with someone, I'll get them to take a picture for me at some point. :)

It's definitely very pretty all year round, but in the fall - WOW! :love:

Ugh. Back to work today. It's been nice to have all that time off (long weekends, ftw!), and wasn't so pleasant having to get up at my normal time this morning. :lol:

Thanks you guys! :cute:

rebel, 239 days :sigh: ok... :hyper:

I know, 239 days way too many. :lol:

:hyper: :hi5:
Oakland was where I saw my 1st U2 show w/ Mr.Z :love:

Congrats on your times Zooey! :hug:

Thx :hug:

rebel, we'll have to plan a gathering or something for Oakland. If nothing else, decide when to get in line so we can all be close (although I know Comet doesn't usually do the early morning line up, if I'm not mistaken).

I miss CA so much.

Comet, that Yosemite pic brings back great memories. That looks like late 70s or early 80s right? We went camping there several times as kids. I'd love to take the little guy there this summer. :hmm:

The North American leg now closes in Pittsburg instead of Minneapolis! :sad:

Oh well, it will still be a great time, because it is the show my hubby is going to with me!:wink:

Look at Kramwest1's sig! It is hilarious! Pittsburg is not an option for me, and I have no desire to go there. Minni is within driving distance, and I really enjoy myself when I am there. Plus, I get to meet you, Cori!:sexywink:

:hi5:

I know it's not really a big deal or anything. But I like going to the last show of a tour leg. Oh well.

I would have liked it too. I am really turned off by the fact that Bono did it as a favour to some political type guy....I can't remember his name.

Eh, who knows how true that is though. Maybe it's just that guy blowing smoke. Unless I hear it from someone in U2, I'll just assume that's the case. :wink:

Sounds like quite a big "favor" if you ask me. Couldn't he just send him a case of Irish whiskey or something?

I guess we will see a lot of Minneapolis bailing now! I wanted to do the Minni show the first time around, and it wasn't the closer. It will be a blast.:hyper:

I wouldn't want to bail on Minny if I had GA - isn't TCF one of the smaller stadiums on the tour, being a university stadium?

I was under the impression it's similar to the UNLV stadium they played at last fall - the Claw towered over the stadium, not a bad seat in the house. Even standing by the soundboard, you could tell it was noticeably closer to the stage than other stadiums!

I have heard that as well, and I have GA! Plus, a lot of my friends are going to be there, and I have no desire to go to Pittsburg, unless an NHL game is involved!:sexywink:

ETA: Vegas was awesome! I had $90 seats, but the Claw was right there! It was so small!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!

:hyper: :hi5:
rebel, we'll have to plan a gathering or something for Oakland. If nothing else, decide when to get in line so we can all be close (although I know Comet doesn't usually do the early morning line up, if I'm not mistaken).

Eek, that would be fun! :up:

I'm already starting the convincing process to get my sister to come. She claims she's not actually a U2 fan but, (A) I don't believe her because she knows almost as many of their lyrics as I do and is supposedly writing a U2 fic right now that doesn't involve making fun of them :lol:, and, (B) I think she'd really enjoy the show overall regardless.

I know that the tannins in a lot of wines make me stuffed up, and sometimes certain beers will stuff me up as well. I'm even not surprised when hard alcohol makes me stuffed up, because it's just the kind of WTF-erry I'm used to with my body these days.

But last night I had a little smidgen of whiskey, and I got stuffed up. Okay, fine. Then I had this ginormous sneezing fit for about 20 minutes, and my nose ran all freaking night.

Between my usual reaction to alcohol and the allergy issues I've been having, I just thought it was an annoying combination of the two.

Now I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with a cold. Boo. :( And I can't leave early today because I have a big meeting this afternoon. Pretty sure I'll bail out of choir rehearsal tonight, though.

Blerg.

I briefly considered dropping Philly. But I'd rather have my awesome British and Canadian roomies there. :heart:

Rebel and comet, you'll be in Oakland? :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom