PGP - Next year is so going to rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I often wonder how my brother would respond to a pet budgie. I don't think he remembers the neighbour's cockatoo or the pterodactyl disguised as a cockatiel I had. Don't know where we'd keep the budgie, though. He'd probably get left alone in my room most of the time, and that's not good for birds. Although Woodstock did fine. But he was the pterodactyl and didn't like anyone but me.

:lmao:

The idea I just had is either the best idea ever or the worst idea ever. Probably a little of both. Still gonna do it, though.

:whistle:

If being "happy" makes me want to do shit I'd normally only think of if I were drunk, then I'd like to go back to being an angry cynical bitch, thank you very much.

For the Snow Patrol fans... I got their Best-Of last year, and enjoyed it very much, especially the second disc. I bought the Eyes Open album a few days ago (was thinking of A Hundred Million Suns, but it came down to $10 vs $27), and have been enjoying that a great deal too, especially "Make This Go On Forever", and obviously things like "Shut/Open Your Eyes". :love:

What other bums of theirs would you recommend?

I'd reccomend Final Straw for sure. And When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up. :heart:

I think it's safe to say I've officially lost my mind. But it's okay. I'm sure it's around here somewhere.
weirdo.gif

Messing with the ex is always fun. I don't know of anyone that would tell me otherwise.

Omg, your sig is so nerdy it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. :nerd:

:lol::lol::up:
yeah, really!

:hug:Bri:hug:

Well you know next year you can save up and come to NYC for the
World :heart: Science Festival! :D

i missed it this year :( but been there the previous 2.
there's a free 2 day festival in Washington Square Park and then paid lectures, demonstrations take place inside (usually)at various NY University
Auditoriums etc.

And sorry you seem to being dealing with one of those "i feel like/i am being rather ignored by person x" predicaments :( :hug:

Oooh, neat... Was it at some sort of special event? They broke up in 2003/4 or so, I think, and have only performed a few times since then.
Actually, that date looks like it was around the same time as Sound Relief... That was an awesome day.

i didn't notice! :lol::lol:
I was too excited listening to them live, AND hearing a song that I hadn't before that sounded really great: " The Best f Both Worlds" was the tittle.
With my limited time on the net I usually have up on YT recorded or live U2 songs. Then I thought oh hey let me look up The Oils! I can listen to some of their stuff. I only have their stuff on cassettes and I don't know if they made over in my move. And I new a new little walkman cassette/radio player as well..

I like birds... :reject: I guess you guys wouldn't have liked our pet parrot...

i like birds, too. but I don't want any pets because i just don't want the responsibility (and right now even if I did ... my lease has no pets in it (tho I hear at least 1 dog), and I don't have the $$ for pet food, or med care either. ANd bird poop ick.... I do enjoy watching them.

Plants are my speed and I have at least half a green thumb form my granny( my mom's mother). Most of my plants last a good long time usually at least 4 yrs plus - the best was 24 yrs!

SO what kind of parrot? I love the really colorful ones eras well as the big colorful Mccaws!
I just saw a photo of a Scarlet Ibis on the cover of a World Best 100 Birds book! Wow, beautiful!

It took me so long to post that that I got logged out of interference... :reject:

*hopes she doesn't get into trouble with work's IT people*

hope you don't either!!! :uhoh:

I type on the slow side w a lot of tpyos at time so Whrn I post a long post egads I have gotten logged out on infrequent occasions! :reject: :lol:

Usually if you rel log in and go back usually your post is still there so tyou don;t loose it! On rare occasions ( gotten way better over the years) you do lose it when you go back.

My day has been pretty good :D. I am in Ontario, Canada. How about yourself?

Kids are booting me off...see you all later! :wave:

Don't be sorry..this situation sounds very frustrating. I have not been in this situation, but I can relate to it. You should expect to be high up on his list. He is your dad. His loss. You deserve to go out and have fun too : D. I don't do confrontation well either, but I have learned over the years to put myself first, and I gave up always bending over backwards to make everyone else happy at the expense of my own happiness. :wink : Hope things look up soon :up :

Thanks. Its sad I should know because of history not to expect much yet I still end up hoping. :banghead::doh:

I tend to try to look after my own happiness but this is one thing I fail on and need to deal with. :lol:

Jem :hug You never have to apologize for being a Debbie Downer, hon. We're all here for each other, no matter what. I'm so sorry you're dealing with family suckiness. :hug : I don't have any good advice, but I'm sorry they've been so forgetful of you. : (

Thanks. :kiss:

Sorry you had a mono conversation with your friend. Hopefully you're right she was just feeling down and will be more interested in your wonderful self next time she sees you. :hug:

:hug : Aww hun :hug :
I wish I had some good advice, but I suppose all I can say is keep your expectations low so you won't get hurt. It's miserable advice, I know, but it seems they have no intentions of changing, so you should live your life and all that jazz, and if things work out for meetings and stuff from time to tme, than yay. I do sort of know the feeling, but I have as of yet determined no good way to handle the matter.

And never apologize! :kiss :

:ohmy: Bri. :love: :hug: Thanks. Yeah i might try that.

For the Snow Patrol fans... I got their Best-Of last year, and enjoyed it very much, especially the second disc. I bought the Eyes Open album a few days ago (was thinking of A Hundred Million Suns, but it came down to $10 vs $27), and have been enjoying that a great deal too, especially "Make This Go On Forever", and obviously things like "Shut/Open Your Eyes". :love :

What other bums of theirs would you recommend?

:lmao::love: Awesome typo. :hi5:

I love all the albums. The early ones are different to the stuff they do now but so awesome. Also love though, Final Straw, Hundred Million Suns!! If you're going off prices just get which ever is cheapest at the time, I love them all. :love:

Jem would recommend Gary's

she pervered it in Glasgow :tsk :

:shocked: Me perve on Gary. :no:

:shifty:

You girls need to survive so you can give me all the dirty details :sexywink :

We'll try. :uhoh::drool:

I'd reccomend Final Straw for sure. And When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up. :heart :

:heart:

BIG :hug :S for you jem with your rather distant dad. : (
I'm so sorry it still appears to play out this way. :hug :

Thanks Dazz. :hug:

Hope everyone is ok. :kiss::hug:

Jess - being evil to exes ftw. :love::hi5:

Thora your cupcakes look soooo amazing. :drool:

So I have more joy for the thread. :wink: FIrst I received an email from seetickets who screwed up my Tired Pony gig. ( Don't mess with me seeing Irish people. :angry: )

Hope this makes sense, taken from facebook:
Seetickets ( the ticket company ) sold tickets for 2 shows ( the early performance and the late one I was going to!!! ) There was only one actual show!! :doh: Some people had bought for the 1st one and some people ( me ) had bought for 2nd show Its still sold out, I have still got a ticket, but seetickets are sorting out where people are sat who are being transferred from later show to earlier show. I should find out in next few days. All i know is I am in upper front balcony, compared to 4th row for later show. Waiting to see if I am allowed to leave work early ( would have to leave 3 hours earlier! ) Sent a request for leaving work early to our room manager today

Hope that makes some sense. How can they put a show on sale that was never gonna happen. :crack:

Then on way out of work I fell down the stairs :|:crack::lol:

What a week. :lol:

Wild is coming up tommorow though. It will all get better from then. :hyper::love:

Think I'm gonna head to bed since I ache everywhere. Stupid falling down stairs. :angry::reject::lol:

Thanks so much everyone. Love my girls. :kiss::love::hug::heart:

ETA: Amy when I posted just saw you posted at same time. Sorry I can't stay. Hope you have a great night though. :hug::D

Thanks. Its sad I should know because of history not to expect much yet I still end up hoping. :banghead::doh:

I tend to try to look after my own happiness but this is one thing I fail on and need to deal with. :lol:

It took me many years to get to that point...:D

No prob Jem...I just pop in between when my kids are on the computer..:lol: I'm off again :)

What a week.

Wild is coming up tommorow though. It will all get better from then. :hyper::love:

Think I'm gonna head to bed since I ache everywhere. Stupid falling down stairs. :angry::reject::lol:

Thanks so much everyone. Love my girls. :kiss::love:

ETA: Amy when I posted just saw you posted at same time. Sorry I can't stay. Hope you have a great night though. :hug::D

Hope things get better. I know they will with Wild coming up to see you :wink:
Try and get some sleep tonight. :hug:
Healing vibes for your achey body coming your way :zen:

Back
Top Bottom