PGP- Morals: We haz them??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only if you don't need to sleep and can run like a bat out of hell.

Acutally, what we did is made a deal with a few other people (not too many though, so it's not obnoxious). As long as you're just a few numbers apart, you run like hell, hit the rail and spread out as wide as your arms and legs can go. That way, if someone's ticket doesn't scan right away or they get stuck behind someone slow, they have a few seconds to catch up before people start complaining about you saving spots.

No sleep I can do, running not so much. :D If I weren't like twice your size I'd suggest you carry me. :lol:

HEY! Maybe I can dress my life-sized cardboard Legolas up as me, you could carry him to the rail, and I could take his place fifty years later when I actually make it across the field?

But your legs are longer than mine so that's something.

Can we just invite Orlando Bloom to the show with us instead?

I would be ok with that. :shifty:

My body is so weird, I can do a 3 hour dance class, but running = instant asthma. (Now I'm hearing that Rose Bowl Edge, "It's just SO WEIRD". Thanks, Edge.) I'll be speed-walking like a mofo to that rail.

That's what my GA line friends in Seattle did for me (non-blue crackers). They were let in during the group before me, and they yelled that they'd save me a spot on the rail. :up: Turns out that it wasn't necessary, but I was thankful that they would have done so if needed. :)

I'm so excited/nervous for Montreal! :hyper: :panic: :lol:

So, I just posted on Twitter offering a super cheap blog post to the first person to claim it, and that car dealership that keeps tweeting me about my trip replied "What if I want to pay more?"

They are either SERIOUSLY fucking with me, or I might be getting some Montreal $.

So, I just posted on Twitter offering a super cheap blog post to the first person to claim it, and that car dealership that keeps tweeting me about my trip replied "What if I want to pay more?"

They are either SERIOUSLY fucking with me, or I might be getting some Montreal $.

*crosses fingers* How close are you? Can you message me about the ad on your blog (how much would it be? How big is your readership?)? I don't even know what your blog is about :reject:

Will do!

The "how close" kinda changes as airfare does. I've been searching like every site every day for all kinds of variations of where to leave from, which airport to fly into, which dates, etc. Also, I have lost all ability to do math. And write, which is kinda bad given my profession. I keep IMing parts of the article I'm working on to a friend, asking "IS THIS EVEN ENGLISH?" She doesn't think my idea to finish the article in LOL-Cat speak will fly.

My brother's girlfriend just sent me a friend request on FB. :huh: She's a nice girl, but that's kinda awkward. I barely know her, and my brother and I don't have much of a relationship. We went thru a lot as kids, and things still aren't totally okay between the two of us. I know he's on FB, so he'd see it if I accepted her request. What the hell do I do?! :huh:

Ignore it.

/drive-by opinion

That's my inclination. :up:

If I click "not now," will it look to her like the request is still pending, or will she know I've ignored her totally? I don't want to make things more awkward between us the next time I see her, if she knows I'm not accepting her friend request. Granted, I have no clue when that will be, as I see my brother just a few times a year. GAH. Families suck sometimes. :lol:

Did this get missed getting seen on the last page? Or does anybody know anything about this? :)

That's my inclination. :up:

If I click "not now," will it look to her like the request is still pending, or will she know I've ignored her totally? I don't want to make things more awkward between us the next time I see her, if she knows I'm not accepting her friend request. Granted, I have no clue when that will be, as I see my brother just a few times a year. GAH. Families suck sometimes. :lol:

Hi dazz! :)

I'm pretty sure if you clicked "just now" it would show as pending to her, but I don't know for sure.

I'm pretty sure if you clicked "just now" it would show as pending to her, but I don't know for sure.

Looks like that's what happens. :up: The first google search I did came up with an answer from 2009, but FB has changed since then. Stupid that that came up first. Searched again, and found a better answer. Looks like by clicking "not now" it just hides the request, and you can deal with it later. Yay. Definitely going with that option. :)

I just cracked open my 2nd Starbucks DoubleShot. Espresso FTW! (OMG writing about campgrounds is SO. BORING.)

I think clicking that will just show it as pending... I tend to be super lazy and just leave requests sitting there. :reject:

I hate having visible notifications. :lol: With friend requests it's usually not a problem for me to either accept or deny them right away - this was a bit stickier.

Only if you don't need to sleep and can run like a bat out of hell.

Acutally, what we did is made a deal with a few other people (not too many though, so it's not obnoxious). As long as you're just a few numbers apart, you run like hell, hit the rail and spread out as wide as your arms and legs can go. That way, if someone's ticket doesn't scan right away or they get stuck behind someone slow, they have a few seconds to catch up before people start complaining about you saving spots.

I will need to do this for my friend who is older and not in great shape. Oh my husband too. I am faster than he is. And when Bono is the prize, I might hit a 7 minute mile.

Thora! That's what we need for the next race. U2 member of choice in a car ahead of you. For added inspiration, they discard an article of clothing.

"I'm really tired...maybe I'll sto....wait. Was that Bono's belt I just stepped on?"

:D

I hate it when I respond on something 6 pages ago. It's like, duh...Amy....that was like 20 minutes ago. We're so over it.

I will need to do this for my friend who is older and not in great shape. Oh my husband too. I am faster than he is. And when Bono is the prize, I might hit a 7 minute mile.

Thora! That's what we need for the next race. U2 member of choice in a car ahead of you. For added inspiration, they discard an article of clothing.

"I'm really tired...maybe I'll sto....wait. Was that Bono's belt I just stepped on?"

:D

Even in the 3rd row of the pit, I just made a "starfish" so my friend whose bag got searched would have a spot next to me. But I only had to wait about 45 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom